A Birthday Celebration - The Holidays, Disney Style (Dec. 2010)

Wow!!! Do you have a lot of cats!!!! We are struggling with our one...you see my DD14, DS11 and I are all allergic to her and our conditions seem to be worsening. The allergist and pediatrician think that Tink needs to go, but she is part of the family. I just can't dump her at a shelter so we have been keeping our eyes and ears open, but even then we are unsure. The meds a stacking up and they think DS11's recent pneumonia scare was caused by his allergies to Tink, so she is now banned from his room.

Have you spoken to a vet? They'd know good solutions because there are def. ways around the allergies. If not, and you must give her away, you should post some ads or bring her to adoption days in your area or at least find a foster home to avoid a shelter. Good luck!

I'm all caught up again :banana:. Call me dim, but I did not realize, until a few days ago, that we had "chatted" on my PTR from May 2008 :rolleyes1. I know, I'm getting old and forgetful :sad1:.

You fur babies are really cute. I've never been much of a cat person (bad experience when I was a kid), but I have several friends who would never be 'owned' by anything but a cat.......:rotfl2:.

I have to pipe in about the Yak and Yeti and the Plaza; they are both very good. My oldest DS and I ate at Yak and Yeti in May of '09 and we loved it. We've eaten at the Plaza several times and we think it has great food and service.

I'm all caught up again :banana:. Call me dim, but I did not realize, until a few days ago, that we had "chatted" on my PTR from May 2008 :rolleyes1. I know, I'm getting old and forgetful :sad1:.

You fur babies are really cute. I've never been much of a cat person (bad experience when I was a kid), but I have several friends who would never be 'owned' by anything but a cat.......:rotfl2:.

I have to pipe in about the Yak and Yeti and the Plaza; they are both very good. My oldest DS and I ate at Yak and Yeti in May of '09 and we loved it. We've eaten at the Plaza several times and we think it has great food and service.

:lmao: The Dis board community is a small one, so we are bound to bump into one another. But I started reading your PTR because I recognized you from the May 2008 one! Sorry you had a bad experience with a cat. And I'm glad to hear more good reviews about my dining choices. It validates all the planning I put into the trip. :wizard:

ARGH...hours have been extended for my dates - does this mean the projected crowd levels will be higher? :scared1:

To top that, my only full day at MK now starts an hour earlier because they are opening at 8am, rather than 9am. :sad1: And there is no other day to move my MK day to. Joe will be very upset since I convinced him to get a PH saying we needed to to avoid getting up at 6:30am!

With all the discounts, conventions and Pop Warner going on that week I'm worried it is going to be a mob!

We are so close to being at Disney :goodvibes. I can't wait to see all the lights, and decorations. MVMCP is going to be one of the highlights of my trip :thumbsup2.

So, if there is time this year I'd like to squeeze in some things Joe and I haven't seen before.

In Epcot: Living with the Land, Ellen's Universe of Energy and Journey into Imagination with Figment

Any thoughts on these? What is your favorite if you had to pick one?

I would also like to see 1 or 2 of the following shows: Beauty & the Beast, Nemo or Voyage of the Little Mermaid.

Thoughts?

Thanks for any advice!! I'm sure we can't do them all so hearing feedback is great appreciated!

AND WE ARE OFFICIALLY TWO WEEKS OUT!!!!

Joe is so looking forward to it he youtube'ed WDW Holiday things tonight. :banana:

So, if there is time this year I'd like to squeeze in some things Joe and I haven't seen before.

In Epcot: Living with the Land, Ellen's Universe of Energy and Journey into Imagination with Figment

I would also like to see 1 or 2 of the following shows: Beauty & the Beast, Nemo or Voyage of the Little Mermaid.

Thoughts?

Thanks for any advice!! I'm sure we can't do them all so hearing feedback is great appreciated!

Joe is so looking forward to it he youtube'ed WDW Holiday things tonight. :banana:

wow...that's a tough one....at EPCOT Ellen & living with the land for sure

we have never done the nemo show, but Beauty is a must do...and memaid is cute

In Epcot: Living with the Land, Ellen's Universe of Energy and Journey into Imagination with Figment We LOVE Figment and I know we are in the minority on that; it's not as good as the original, but definitely better than the middle verson; Living with the Land is one of my DH's favorite things to do and it is interesting and is definitely one you should do; we also like Ellen's--especially on a very hot day as it is a 45 minute ride (I think that is the time) and a good place to rest and get out of the heat. If I could only pick one, I would pick Figment (DH would pick The Land)

Thoughts?

I absolutely LOVE Beauty and the Beast and I've not seen it since 2008 and really want to go back to see it; we've not done Voyate of the Little Mermaid since the kids were little--so I'm talking about 15 years ago and I couldn't even tell you what half of it is about.

Comments in red above. And :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for two weeks out.

wow...that's a tough one....at EPCOT Ellen & living with the land for sure

we have never done the nemo show, but Beauty is a must do...and memaid is cute

If we have the time I definitely want to try Ellen's.

Comments in red above. And :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for two weeks out.

I would also love to do Living with the Land. And based on comments, I think I'd like to try and see Beauty and the Beast. Sounds like Mermaid is skippable.

Mermaid is really entertaining for children, but I think with just you and your DBF you guys can pass on it this time.

As you know, I work at the Museum of Biblical Art and in this economy, most museums have taken pay freezes and no bonuses...for the past 2+ years.

So, the director called me into her office today to let me know the Board of Trustees had raised a little money to thank the staff for all of their work.

I'm thinking $50.00 tops...

I get to my desk, open the envelope and there is a whopping $500.00 check!! :woohoo:

THANK YOU, BOARD OF TRUSTEES!!

Now, now I am no big spender so most of it will be going to paying off my credit card for my Christmas shopping. But I do think I will use some to treat myself to something nice. I'd really like to get a mani/pedi since its been ages! Perhaps a nice souvenir from WDW? I also have $22 Disney Dollars and some gift cards left over from my Graduation.

Know of any special Holiday souvenirs at WDW?

As you know, I work at the Museum of Biblical Art and in this economy, most museums have taken pay freezes and no bonuses...for the past 2+ years.

So, the director called me into her office today to let me know the Board of Trustees had raised a little money to thank the staff for all of their work.

I get to my desk, open the envelope and there is a whopping $500.00 check!! :woohoo:

Now, now I am no big spender so most of it will be going to paying off my credit card for my Christmas shopping. But I do think I will use some to treat myself to something nice. I'd really like to get a mani/pedi since its been ages! Perhaps a nice souvenir from WDW? I also have $22 Disney Dollars and some gift cards left over from my Graduation.

That is awesome. I can't comment on the Holiday souvenirs because we've never been there at Christmas. But how about maybe getting a massage while at the CSR?

Whooo! Congrats! Everyone deserves to take a little bit of it extra money and do something fun with it. A spa day is always a good choice, and it is something that you feel good about getting afterwards.
As far as souvenirs...I haven't been during the holidays, but I know Epcot will have some holiday items in the World Showcase.

That is awesome. I can't comment on the Holiday souvenirs because we've never been there at Christmas. But how about maybe getting a massage while at the CSR?

Unfortunately, I don't think we can squeeze in a spa day, as awesome as that sounds. :sad1: Hopefully, I'll find something special for us to take home.

Whooo! Congrats! Everyone deserves to take a little bit of it extra money and do something fun with it. A spa day is always a good choice, and it is something that you feel good about getting afterwards.
As far as souvenirs...I haven't been during the holidays, but I know Epcot will have some holiday items in the World Showcase.

Thank you! Epcot is def. a good place to look for goodies :goodvibes

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

I hope you are spending the holiday surrounded by loved ones!!

On a side note...just got back from seeing Tangled. GO SEE IT!! After years of Disney movie failures (Home on the Range, Snow Dogs, College Road Trip...need I go on?) it is totally awesome to see another Disney hit that Walt himself would have been proud of!! And they didn't even need Pixar's help this time. Sure, Princess and the Frog was great too and a true comeback of actual HAND drawn animation, but the music lacked for me. Tangled has the aesthetic appeal, great songs AND a great story. AMAZING. PURE DISNEY CLASSIC. I hope they continue in the vein of Princess and the Frog and Tangled...hear that, Disney?? Keep it up! :wizard:

Again, have a magical Thanksgiving with family and friends!

ARGH...hours have been extended for my dates - does this mean the projected crowd levels will be higher? :scared1:

To top that, my only full day at MK now starts an hour earlier because they are opening at 8am, rather than 9am. :sad1: And there is no other day to move my MK day to. Joe will be very upset since I convinced him to get a PH saying we needed to to avoid getting up at 6:30am!

With all the discounts, conventions and Pop Warner going on that week I'm worried it is going to be a mob!

I'm curious? actually I'm confused:confused3 disney's website is still showing the same hours as before, but touring plans shows them open later. how does TP know this if Disney hasn't posted it yet?

I'm curious? actually I'm confused:confused3 disney's website is still showing the same hours as before, but touring plans shows them open later. how does TP know this if Disney hasn't posted it yet?

I hear the Disney TA website gets it first (which we can't access), then TP and WDW website last because it takes a few days for them to update.

I have been concerned about the extended hours as well. I hope it doesn't mean terrible crowds. I guess it doesn't really matter. Disney is always fun, even in the crowds.

I think the Christmas stuff at Germany is pretty, although I am sure there will be no shortage of cool Christmas souvenirs at Disney.

Looks like you've got six very happy cats there. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter