A Birthday Celebration - The Holidays, Disney Style (Dec. 2010)

I love the shirts you bought!!! :) And your journal is adorable!

I know what you mean about having Disney on the brain. I had to stay up an extra hour than I'd planned two nights ago to finish up an assignment, because I had wasted hours of study time downloading Disney music! :lmao:

You have less than a week left!!!! That's so exciting! :cool1:

love the MICKEY heads! 1 week,,,how exciting!:santa:

Thanks! I kinda like this green better than the official Dis board "Alien Green." And I know! I can hardly sleep - I was so lucky last night and actually got 6 hours :thumbsup2

I love the shirts you bought!!! :) And your journal is adorable!

I know what you mean about having Disney on the brain. I had to stay up an extra hour than I'd planned two nights ago to finish up an assignment, because I had wasted hours of study time downloading Disney music! :lmao:

You have less than a week left!!!! That's so exciting! :cool1:

I really love the shirts and that they're not too Christmas-y so I can wear them again. I thought the "Believe" one was particularly appropriate for WDW ;) And oh yeah, no work is being done at my job...as you can "see"...I'm on the Dis.

Subbing !

all catch up and you are doing a much better job than me on packing. I haven't actually gotten everything together yet! :lmao:

It looks like we will be crossing paths a few times. :thumbsup2

I did have a Home Depot Alien Green Dis thingie from last trip, but I don't know where I put it. Maybe I'll find it as I'm packing. :wizard:

I did go last December and did all the holiday sight-seeing at all the resorts and they are GORGEOUS. Check my Dec 09 TR link....I took a bazillion of pictures!

Subbing !

all catch up and you are doing a much better job than me on packing. I haven't actually gotten everything together yet! :lmao:

It looks like we will be crossing paths a few times. :thumbsup2

I did have a Home Depot Alien Green Dis thingie from last trip, but I don't know where I put it. Maybe I'll find it as I'm packing. :wizard:

I did go last December and did all the holiday sight-seeing at all the resorts and they are GORGEOUS. Check my Dec 09 TR link....I took a bazillion of pictures!

Thanks for reading! :goodvibes

I'll check out your photos...and be on the look-out for my LGMH!

:woohoo: I love your Mickey Heads!!!

Are you going to use them as door magnets or are your going to wear them??

They will be really cute either way, but I'm trying to steal your ideas! :lmao:

:woohoo: I love your Mickey Heads!!!

Are you going to use them as door magnets or are your going to wear them??

They will be really cute either way, but I'm trying to steal your ideas! :lmao:

Thanks! I am attaching them to my Donner bag (pics to come) with a string...but I didn't think about door decorations! Hmm...:rotfl:

I really love the shirts and that they're not too Christmas-y so I can wear them again. I thought the "Believe" one was particularly appropriate for WDW ;) And oh yeah, no work is being done at my job...as you can "see"...I'm on the Dis.

When I saw the "Believe" shirt I thought it would fit right in at Disney. It was like they were made for each other.

Very nice Mickey heads! I think the Sonic Boom color is close enough. Cute shirts, too. The believe one is very Disney-ish, and I also like the cheers shirt. I think we are going to have to make one last run to Target tonight. I kind of want a new hat, too.

When I saw the "Believe" shirt I thought it would fit right in at Disney. It was like they were made for each other.

I wish Disney made cuter shirts with more simple stuff..a lot of their merchandise is just too much.

Very nice Mickey heads! I think the Sonic Boom color is close enough. Cute shirts, too. The believe one is very Disney-ish, and I also like the cheers shirt. I think we are going to have to make one last run to Target tonight. I kind of want a new hat, too.

Thank you! I love Target! You can pick up some their Holiday shirts, too.

So, I'll let you all take a peek at the organization I put into my trip...

Our binder

DSCN3662.jpg

A chart with all park hours, EMHs & show times, plus recommended parks and parks to avoid

DSCN3664.jpg

1 of our days...I plan every hour

DSCN3666.jpg

A page for misc. stuff, including extra money, souvenirs etc.

DSCN3668.jpg

Index cards that replicate our day plans, so they are portable to the parks

DSCN3670.jpg

And our MVMCP tickets!

DSCN3669.jpg

Tonight I also printed out our online check-in confirmation and our hotel reservation that says we're paid in full, just in case there are glitches in the WDW system our day of arrival.

As you can tell by my organization of the trip, my dream is to be a WDW travel agent...half the fun is planning the trip!

Here is my AP, we're getting Joe's Park Ticket when we get there

DSCN3671.jpg

Over the weekend I am hoping to get the Donner Bag from jjohnson, but alas my DSister has been feeling under the weather, so if it doesn't clear up I may stay away since I don't want to get sick. But the bag is invaluable.

Here it is, except jjohnson's is black

Donner.jpg

Ok...over the weekend I have to do laundry, get my suitcases down and hopefully then the weather forecast will be more accurate as we'll only be 4 days away!

I love your binder!!! They make everything look so neat and organized. I especially love how you copied the infor onto index cards, that's a smart tool that I never would've thought of.:)

Ok...over the weekend I have to do laundry, get my suitcases down and hopefully then the weather forecast will be more accurate as we'll only be 4 days away!

I understand. I've been watching the weather forecast as well. We may need to pack for both extremes. My friend that is down there now says she has needed both shorts and her coat this week. So what do we pack? :confused3 EVERYTHING!!!

I love your binder!!! They make everything look so neat and organized. I especially love how you copied the infor onto index cards, that's a smart tool that I never would've thought of.:)

Thank you...this is only the 2nd time I have the index cards and usually I don't even reference them (because I'm insane and have gone over everything 1 million times), but they are a nice fall back plan.

I understand. I've been watching the weather forecast as well. We may need to pack for both extremes. My friend that is down there now says she has needed both shorts and her coat this week. So what do we pack? :confused3 EVERYTHING!!!

I refuse to bring a heavy coat...no room to pack it. But I will be bring sweaters, gloves and a hat - that was enough for January weather, which was low 40s at night. And here's how I look at the upcoming cooler temps in Orlando - anything is better than how cold it is in NY right now PLUS we'll be WDW! :wizard:

love the binder, you are way too organized!:lmao:

I know :rotfl: But it gives me peace of mind at night...

LOVE your binder! I'm organized and planned out- but not as well as you are! That is amazing!! :)

You're SO close!!!

LOVE your binder! I'm organized and planned out- but not as well as you are! That is amazing!! :)

You're SO close!!!

Thank you! I know...4 days! I'm at work currently and cannot think of anything else but WDW...it even keeps me up at night.

Last night my mother starting feeling sick and this morning she had a full blown sore throat, stuffy nose and the chills!

I made the fatal mistake of taking my vitamins with a water bottle she had drunk from just hours before.

I take vitamins daily and get almost 8 hours of sleep per night...so I'm thinking a drink from the water bottle may not get me sick.

However, what do you recommend to help prevent it? I've heard mixed suggestions from Airborne to Cepacol to Coldeeze...thoughts?

Anyway, looks like a cold front is sweeping through Orlando next week. Not much different from when we went in January. But I hope the temps do warm up a bit because some days have lows of 38! Good news is only looks like 1 day of rain.

Also, got my laundry done over the weekend which was quite an accomplishment. Last night Joe and I watched the old version of Samantha Brown in WDW for the Holidays...yes, there are two! Not just the most recent one they usually show on TV.

Ok...I'll try and post pics of my suitcase later!

Wow Katie you officially win the award for extreme "Disney planner" I've taught you well young padawan;)

wow, I sure hope you don't get what your mom has....:sick: I know what you mean about the temps...we are in North Florida and it's suppose to be 25 here tomorrow night

Wow Katie you officially win the award for extreme "Disney planner" I've taught you well young padawan;)

I learned from the best :goodvibes

wow, I sure hope you don't get what your mom has....:sick: I know what you mean about the temps...we are in North Florida and it's suppose to be 25 here tomorrow night

Me too...I take a daily multi-vitamin and bought Airborne, which I'm drinking 2x per day...on top of being in contact with her as littler as possible by running errands and containing myself to my room. That and happy thoughts will hopefully keep me well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter