• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A bit bored at the Studios

It's just their perception of the park. They perceive it as catering more to younger guests. None of us need to agree. And we don't need to defend liking the park or defend the park itself. It's fine for someone else to perceive the park as being mostly for little kids. Others don't see it that way at all, and that's okay too. :)

But sometimes we perceive something one way even if, when stacking up the "facts" of the situation, our perception seems illogical to others. It's a bit like when people are afraid of something and you hit them with statistics to try to prove that there's no reason to be afraid of it. But after all of your work, they're still afraid. :)
This is an intelligent comment

I'm okay with the opinion that DHS is a half day park for now (we practically skipped it the last two trips.)

However I am not okay with the opinion that Animal Kingdom is a half day park. Don't. Even. Go. There. :furious:

:upsidedow
I have never been to any of the parks other than Epcot, but I’m planning my first trip for my girls. The only park we’re going to be at all day is AK. I couldn’t believe how much there was to do there!!

For reference;
EPCOT - 8 rides
AK - 8 rides
DHS - 6 rides now, 9 when Runaway Railroad and both Star Wars rides are finished.
DHS WILL be a full-day park, but for now I think the 1/2 day park moniker is fair.

No need to jump on posters for expressing opinions or thoughts, even if they say them 100 times.

Options include stating a counter opinion, counter facts, or simply moving on from the thread.

Ignore is also a great feature if so inclined.

DISBoards is an open discussion board where all topics and opinions are welcome within DISBoards posting guidelines.

Thank you.

This park is a disappointment currently as there are very limited options compared to when this park was in its glory days. Even half the stores on Main Street are closed . Waiting on a fast pass to do Rockin Rollercoaster then we are out . Currently a half day park for us (at best). Waits are so long on the few rides open. My wife characterized this park as a Meet N Greet Park. I guess we will return when GE opens

Which is why SWGE opens in three months. It’s still at least a days park, but I’d be hard pressed to get anymore time out of it than that for now.

Spend some time at HBD lounge and kill an hour, ride a ride or two twice (Star Tours is great for riding multiple times), check out baseline tap house or the bar at 50’s prime time... the park really is what you make out of it, and it seems like your mind is set. My advice is to slow down and try to enjoy it though.

Which is why SWGE opens in three months. It’s still at least a days park, but I’d be hard pressed to get anymore time out of it than that for now.

Spend some time at HBD lounge and kill an hour, ride a ride or two twice (Star Tours is great for riding multiple times), check out baseline tap house or the bar at 50’s prime time... the park really is what you make out of it, and it seems like your mind is set. My advice is to slow down and try to enjoy it though.

bolding mine
This is the smartest comment in this thread.

This park is also somewhat difficut for us. We are a party of 4, 2 adults a 4 year old and a 2 year old. Both still on strollers. If we go alone, with no one else to help us its can be difficult. And well riding TToT or RnRc alone while my wife or I ride is not the best. The rides the 4 of us can enter are currently limited and the shows are ok, but still it is a park we like but honestly feel is needs more. Unlike the MK where there is LOTS to do and see.... We are going back this October and we re just doing one day and that is it

I see why it's a half day park for you. For us it's at least one full day since;
RRNR - Yes!
ToT - Double Yes!
Beauty and the Beast Yes, we'll also try to time our RNR and/or TOT FP Z around show times.
Lightning McQueens Racing Academy - Will be a yes for us next trip as it's new.
Frozen Sing a Long - Yes!
Star Tours - Yes! And probably multiple times.
Indiana Jones - Maybe depending on show time and what else we're doing.
Launch Bay (3 meet and greets and a video attraction) -We always at least look around.
Disney Jr. meet and greets Depends on if DD wants.
Disney Jr. Dance Party - Depends on DD again
Voyage of the Little Mermaid - Yes.
Meet Mike and Sully -Depends on line.
Slinky Dog Dash - Yes, new for us.
Alien Saucers - Yes, new for us.
TSMM - Yes, multiple times if possible.
Meet Toy Story characters -Depends on the lines.
Incredibles Dance Party (and num num cookies) - If DD wants to do the dance party, we do want a cookie.
Muppets - Yes.
Fantsamic -Yes!
Not a fan

Even if we were on an adult only trip the only thing we'd change would be not doing the dance parties and Disney Junior.

There are also the Star Wars fireworks, more meet and greets, and with a full day at least an hour or two to eat.

Half day park for my family. No interest in meet n greets. My teens don’t really like shows. We do not like fantasmic. The only reason we are spending 2 half days there next week is to see Star Wars fireworks for members of our party who are into it. The idea of Star Wars land does nothing for us as we are not fans. Just like pandora really does nothing except we do enjoy FOP. We’re just not that into hanging out there and looking around because we don’t care for the movies. I c an appreciate how cool it looks I just don’t have a sentimental attachment to it.

It’s fine though. We get hoppers. Spend the afternoon at the pool after DHS then go elsewhere.

Well to each his own but we spend 2 full days there every trip and that's without Galaxy's Edge.
We do at least 2 full days as well every trip and have for the past 12 years. The only thing we don't do every trip is Disney Junior - we do that when the granddaughter comes. We are not Star Wars fans so don't care anything about GE or the Star Wars stuff. We don't do many meet and greets either without the grand, but we do refresh a lot and get more rides for TSM and RNR while we are there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter