A Cause For Celebration: A Wedding, A Marathon & A 30th Birthday - January 2018 Update:12/28

Discussion in 'Pre-Trip Reports and Plans' started by fallonkendra, Feb 8, 2017.

1. pkondz

pkondz . . Dis Dad #797 . . Hoping to get lucky

Hope so! Good luck!

hasn't been overly hot hear either. -31 yesterday. Much warmer today at -19.

Never say never. I was "I'm not going back for about 5 years..." then went back 2-3 times in 2 years.

I enjoyed the pot roast... but the chicken is what i go back for.

::yes:: My DD does the exact same.

Really! So you have the Jets to thank for your Disney obsession.

You're welcome.

Yup. ::yes::

Nahh... Just shows how loved you guys are. :goodvibes

:sad2: You really should have come to me for wedding planning.

I think there are two kinds of Disney guests. Those who plan (or are experienced enough to know what to do) and those who stumble around and are hopelessly lost.

::yes::

2. pkondz

So sad! Only getting married at Disney!

Awww... :)

"In his pajamas, empty handed. If he's going to be my husband, he's gonna have to learn to fend for himself!"

I had to Google that. I knew it as soon as I saw it. Never knew it was called that, though.

:lmao: "It's so convenient! I have all this material to wipe my greasy fingers on!!!!"

::yes:: I would think so!

Wow! That's great!

:) Love that idea! Hopefully you can get a photo of everyone seated before it starts.

:laughing: Because everyone on the bus will be looking at you and wishing they were you.

:) Just like that.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. SarahDisney

SarahDisney So ... Yeah

I'm tired just reading about all of your plans. So many people to keep track of! Everything sounds great, though - sounds like you did a good job planning and organizing everything. I'm impressed!

So cool that you and your dad are going to an NBA game! I'm trying to remember if I've ever been to an NBA game ... I don't think I have. (Mostly I just go to baseball games ... a lot of baseball games ...) Should be a good experience!

Wedding day sounds incredible from start to finish. I'm sure the ceremony will be beautiful, the food will definitely be good, and that Soarin' fastpass ... that's awesome. That's definitely going to be the perfect wedding day!

5. shannie102

shannie102 Mouseketeer

So sad I didn't find this PTR till now but happy to follow along from here on out!! Please do a TR when back, this seems like an amazing experience!

6. fallonkendra

fallonkendra DIS Veteran

I will go back and respond to everyone's comments, but I only have three more days of our trip to go through itinerary plans for, so let's see if I can finish this off before we leave...

Also - don't forget to follow us on Instagram, Luke and I will both be posting lots over the next two weeks! @fallonkendra and @lukesheds

Day Thirteen Plans - January 11th, 2018

A few groups of people are planning on heading to Universal Studios for this day to see Harry Potter World. One couple is flying home to Canada as well. The rest of us will be heading to Animal Kingdom - my favourite park! I set up the same Fastpasses for everyone on this day - first up is Expedition Everest (my favourite ride!), followed immediately by Kilimanjaro Safaris. At 10:45 we have a reservation for the entire group at Tusker House. We had a similar reservation time this past January and it worked out perfectly - when we went for our first plate at the buffet, they still had all the breakfast foods out but by the time we went for a second plate they had switched over to lunch. This gave us a huge variety of food to choose from :)

Our third fastpass in the early afternoon is for Flight of Passage! If you're counting, that's the third Fastpass for that ride for Luke on this trip, and my second one. Hopefully we find it as amazing as everyone says it is!

After that, people can do whatever they'd like. We plan on hanging out at AK for the entire day - we love the Lion King show, and we've never watched the Nemo show. I would also not object to riding Everest another time (or twelve). Luke wants to try Satu'li Canteen for supper, but the menu doesn't really interest me so I might grab something from Flame Tree BBQ at some point :)

Most of this day will be very relaxing, and people can go at their own pace. It'll be nice to slow down a bit and enjoy each other's company :)

Park(s) Planned:
    Animal Kingdom
    Fastpasses:
    Expedition Everest 9-10
    Kilimanjaro Safaris 10-11
    Flight of Passage 1:30-2:30

ADR's:
    Tusker House 10:45am

MeghanEmily, SarahDisney and Raeven like this.
  7. pkondz

Doubt they'll be disappointed.

Yay!

At risk of a spoiler to my eventual TR.... I agree. It's amazing.

It's a cute show.

8. Christi0909

Christi0909 Mouseketeer

Your wedding reception extravaganza sounds like SO much fun!

9. SarahDisney

SarahDisney So ... Yeah

The Nemo show is pretty cute. Personally, I don't see it as a "must do," but if you have the time for it and you haven't seen it, definitely do it. I think you'll enjoy it.

Also ... I really hope you end up enjoying Flight of Passage. If you don't want to ride it more than once, that will be a lot of FP changing.

10. fallonkendra

fallonkendra DIS Veteran

Luke and I are sitting at our gate at the airport, our flight leaves in half an hour! We have a 5 hour direct flight and then we will be in Orlando to begin our two week trip :)

It got off to a bit of a rough start this morning when Luke’s alarm didn’t go off - we were aiming to leave our house at 5:45, luckily my mom called us and woke us up at 5:52... but, we made it and go through security and customs with no issues. Hopefully the rest of the trip is smooth sailing!

11. Raeven

Raeven DIS Veteran

Have a great trip! Can’t wait to hear all about it!

12. pkondz

Phew! Close call! :scared:

13. MeghanEmily

MeghanEmily DIS Veteran

Obviously I'm a little late getting caught up on here since we've already had our Dismeet and you're currently still on your trip, etc. But I finally got caught up just in time for your wedding day! Here's to you and Luke! I hope tomorrow is amazing and everyone has a wonderful time. I can't wait to hear all about it—especially Homecomin', your dessert party, and the Soarin' mix-in! Enjoy it all. I can attest to what everyone else told me about how it's all over in a blur.

evre13 likes this.
  14. evre13

evre13 Hi, I'm new here.

Happy almost wedding day! I can't wait to hear all about it!

15. missjackiemcg

missjackiemcg DIS Veteran

Happy Wedding Day tomorrow!!!!!! :)

16. fallonkendra

fallonkendra DIS Veteran

I do plan on writing a trip report at some point, but I have no idea when I'll feel up to it. My uncle (who was the reason I left my home in the Maritimes and came to Alberta where he was living), had a snowmobile accident on January 4th, and he passed away from his injuries on January 12th (so I was in Florida the entire time, and never got to see him to say goodbye). There was only an 11 year age gap between us, and we lived together for a few years when I was young, so we were really close. I'm pretty devastated right now, and just need some time to grieve with my family.

I promise to come back and share everything about our 14 day Disney trip/wedding when I feel up to it.

Just to hold everyone over, here’s the first sneak peek our photographer sent us from our wedding day ❤️

9AFC754E-FAFF-439A-8FC7-B3DB4B4D9A2E.jpeg

17. MeghanEmily

MeghanEmily DIS Veteran

I wondered about what had happened after seeing your FB post. I don't know what to say, except that I'm so sorry for your loss. The photos I've seen from your wedding day have been beautiful! Take all the time you need, and we'll be here when you're ready. Sending love and healing your way. :hug:

18. SarahDisney

SarahDisney So ... Yeah

So sorry for your loss. :hug:

19. pkondz

Oh no. I'm so sorry to hear that. My deepest condolences.

Of course. Perfectly understandable.
    Take all the time you need. We'll be here when you feel more up to it.

Beautiful.

20. missjackiemcg

missjackiemcg DIS Veteran

So sorry to hear of your sudden loss, Fallon :( Sending a hug and prayers to you and your family!!

21. DLo

DLo DIS Veteran

So sorry to hear about your loss. Prayers for family and friends