• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~~ A Celebration of Life-long friendship ~~ Sew Sweet 16 ~~ Now N' Thens 3/11

Joining in! I can't wait to see all of the details of your amazing adventure and the amazing bags you have coming up!

I'm here! I've been following all along, but I promise to be better about replying. Sometimes with the kids it gets crazy, but I'll do my best!
Cant wait!!

Oh yay! I get to be in the trip report - I haven't been on here in forever - tags on the bottom are from the 2013 trip, lol

This is it!!!

All of the excitement builds as the countdown gets smaller and smaller, and finally our day is here!

Wednesday, August 20th, 2014.

I couldn't sleep any longer, I went to bed early the night before, knowing I would have to be up early to get ready for the airport. I finally gave up sleeping at 12:30am and crawled out of bed.

While I was making my morning coffee, Allison came downstairs - she hugged me an yelled as loud as her whisper would allow... "We're going to Disney today!" EEEEEp!!!! :woohoo:

I made my coffee, hopped on the computer for my morning ritual of Facebook and Disboards... I had started my morning post the night before, so I wouldn't have to spend so much time on it this morning - I was happy I'd thought ahead. :thumbsup2

At 3:15am, I called BFF to wake her up.

Then I showered.

I called BFF again at 3:30 just to make sure and I could tell from the sound of her voice - she was up and moving. :woohoo:

It's DISNEY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allison and I proceeded to get ready, as usual - we let V sleep as long as posible.

I woke V at 4am - she was slightly cranky... Even the prospect of it being Disney Day does not rouse her from her cranky stupor. But, as usual - Alli and I just ignore her and press on with our happy selves. ::yes::

The girls and I loaded all of our baggage in the truck and we were on the road at exactly 4:27am... It was very foggy here in MN.

Despite the fog, we made it to the airport by 5am... BFF and O were already there waiting for us.

Our first trip picture... before going through security.

20140820_050504.jpg

Thankfully - we were all pre-checked, so we didn't have to dig anything out of our bags - it was sooo nice. We whizzed through security and we were off to find our gate... Normally, we fly in and out of our little airport - but this time, we flew Delta, so we were flying out of the big airport - so it's much busier. Thankfully - everything went smoothly. We were through security by 5:25am. :woohoo:

We stopped off for a treat at Caribou (no Starbucks in this airport... sigh)

20140820_053919.jpg

We boarded the plane at 6:25...

20140820_063345.jpg

The girls sat in front of us...

20140820_093718.jpg

And BFF and I sat behind them...

10612441_10204422895758182_315223429_o.jpg

Our flight took off at 6:55am, 5 minutes early! WHOOT!

The first part of our flght was bumpy, and we didn't choose to pay for wi-fi... So it was pretty boring. My tablet wasn't loading any of my games, and I was too excited to sleep - even though I was tired enough. I tried, but I was unsuccessful - I knew we still had a full MK day ahead of us when we landed... It was going to be a long day for sure!

Our plane landed at 11:47am - 13 minutes early...

We deplaned... Took a selfie...

20140820_111306.jpg

Hopped on to the Mini-Monorail...

20140820_111347.jpg

And made our way to Magical Express... Would you believe, one of the most exciting events for me happened in the ME line?

Link to: Day 1 Part 2

D~

I know you were trying to keep your departure date a secret, but I totally guessed right that it was on Wednesday. :thumbsup2 The clues were that it was the first day of free dining and that there was no way in the world you would have planned your projects to end so early if you hadn't been just about ready to leave on your trip. ;)

I can't wait to hear more. ::yes::

I'm here, but I'm still way behind on the PTR.... oh what to do finish PTR or skip to here. I never stay caught up anyways hmmmm

So excited to be in on your trip report from the beginning this time! Looking forward to hearing all of the details!

Yay, you started you trip report! I'm glad that the flight went well and you got in early. The girls look like they were excited about going to Disney.
I can't wait to read the next part.
I saw my friend yesterday. She's doing a lot better. Right now her trip is tentatively rescheduled for November if she can get time off from work. She works in the same store as I do only in Lawn and Garden. Hopefully our store manager will let her go.
I really like my new car. I have no regrets over trading in the Vue.
I hope your day goes well. I'm going to plant some mums in the pots out side my front door and I finally found some black eyed susans for a flower bed in the backyard.
Liz

Subscribed. Can't wait to hear all about the trip and how you all survived the August heat in Florida. :beach:

I've always wanted to do an all girl trip with DD and my nieces! Looks like you're off to a good start.

Joining in!! I loved your PTR and am really looking forward to hearing about your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter