• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~~ A Celebration of Life-long friendship ~~ Sew Sweet 16 ~~ Now N' Thens 3/11

Yay!!! Can't wait to read about your trip. We are planning a trip next August and I'm super worried about the heat. I'm interested to hear how you handled it.

Jodi

Joining in. Can't wait to here all about your trip. I'm trying to decide between a May trip and August trip. So I'm hoping to learn a lot from your trip.

It's so hard once you get used to a specific airline....all the others seem strange :) But looks like Delta worked just fine for you.
I love Disney Day! Even the traveling part is just so exciting!
You all look so cute...and I must say, you are getting very good at selfies my friend.

I'm here and so excited! Can't wait to hear all about your BFF trip! Yay!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

Eeeeeeeeee!!!! So exciting to read about your trip starting!!!!

OMG, I can't believe you got up THAT early! Bahahaha!

Squeeeeee!! I think I know what got you so excited in the ME line!!! ;)

I made it! Looking forward to another D~ trip report!

Yay, the TR has started!!! Loved following the pics on FB, but looking forward to hearing ALL about the trip here!

I'm so excited to see you've started your trip report, and we already have a cliff-hanger! I can't wait to read the next installment!!!

Good morning everyone and WELCOME!!!!

I am so happy to see so many of my old friends joining me - some of you I haven't seen for a long time - thanks so much for stopping in and saying hello! I've missed you all!

And welcome to all of my new friends too! It's great to have you here! I hope you enjoy my latest TR!

It's been my morning habit for years now to reply to everyone in the morning and tell a little about our day, what I've been working on in my sewing room or anything important or fun going on in our lives. I do my very best to stay on the topic of Disney as much as possible. So, my apologies for not doing individual replies this morning - but 4 pages is a lot to tackle! Just know, I am so very happy to see all of you here and following along! :woohoo:

Normally, when I write my TRs, I try to update daily... However - as most of you know from the PTR for this trip, our next trip is quite a ways off... So, I will not be doing daily updates for this TR... But I will try to do updates in a timely manner and keep this moving along as nicely as possible. :thumbsup2

I am so excited to share this trip with all of you! The girls and I created some wonderful new memories together, and I love bringing all of you along! :grouphug:

Yesterday was another lazy day in our house - a much needed lazy day!

Alli went back to work at Starbucks - she just LOVES it there - and I love having a Barista for a daughter!

Victoria spent her morning at church - where she is very active in youth programs. Afterwards, she babysat for a neighbor - which is something she really enjoys doing.

Josh is not feeling well. :scratchin We think he ate something at the State Fair the other day which didn't agree with him. I sure hope he is feeling better today - as we are meeting BMT at the MOA (Mall of America). BMT = Josh's brother Brian, his wife Myrthe ~ pronounced Mare-ta ~ and their 14 month old son (who happens to share my birthday) Thomas, who are here visiting us from The Netherlands for 2 weeks.

As for me... I dropped Alli off at work and I went to town later to pick her up. In between, I spent my day editing our Photopass pictures... And WOW is all I have to say about that! First off - before any edits - we started with 499 photos! I am pleased about that! It's not a ton, but I believe it's well worth our $$ spent... After yesterday (and the day before), I am finished editing MK, DHS & our AK days. BFF is working on our water park and resort dining pictures... And I will begin working on Epcot over the course of this week. :thumbsup2

A little body image/weight loss/getting back on track ramble:

So, let's talk about these Photopass pictures for a second... As I am going through these pictures, I am continually shocked to see the pictures of me... As they do not look like the person I see in the mirror every day. It's a little akward to know that this is how I look now, yet it's not how I see myself. Each picture I flip to, I have to do a double take. It's so bizarre! Now, don't get me wrong - I am thrilled with my progress - but even after seeing these pictures, I know that I am not where I want to be and there is still a lot of progress to be made. That being said, I have come a long way, and I am shocked/amazed/proud of how far I have come... Finally - my body is showing the years (yes, it's been years now) of hard work... It's a truly amazing feeling! :wizard:

I am very anxious and excited to share these Photopass pictures with all of you... And, believe it or not, I will have several of my own Now n' Thens to share. ::yes::

Slowly, but in a very determined and concentrated way, I am getting back to my way of eating. Disney was harder on me than I had thought, and as the days progressed, I became more and more relaxed. I had no problems at all staying away from wheat/grains... But those desserts - they got me every time. I am disappointed in myself for that - but in the end - I know I could have done so much worse. I had fun, I enjoyed myself, but now it's back to the real world and taking care of myself - I feel as if I am going in the right direction again. It's all about enjoying life, but picking yourself back up and moving forward... It's a hard thing to learn to do, but I know I don't have a choice. I feel better than I have ever felt in my life, and going backwards is not an option for me.

I did my 30 Day Shred the day after we got home, and surprisingly - I was sore for DAYS afterwards! So, that is the only day I have worked out since we have been home. I am disappointed in myself for this too... also a little shocked... We averaged 8 miles per day while down there, it's hard to believe that a week away would make my muscles so relaxed. So, I've taken off of the last 3 days - to let my body heal after that hard work out - and I will resume today... But I will go easy on myself this first week. I don't have time for injuries.

Is everyone bored to death now? LOL Sorry...

I hope you all have a wonderful Labor Day! Again, thanks for following along! I am looking forward to the many new and old friendships I have here! :grouphug:

D~

Good for you! I'm excited for your now and thens- maybe it will inspire me to get back on track. It's been a good month at this point since I've gone for a run. Very disappointing and with T starting school and A starting daycare and me going back to work- it's very hectic and plenty of excuses to put it off. I think you are right about taking care Of yourself but knowing it is ok to relax it for things like a vacation having the mindset that you will not get too out of contr and will pick right back up again. Part of the journey.

Photopass is my new favorite. One of the best parts of the trip for me was spotting a photographer am having all these pictures taken. We just had a ball with it and joining a share was well worth the "risk" ! Now that I know my kids will pose I would pay the full price if I couldn't find a share I just loved it so much. Although it was spoiling since it became annoying to not have a PP photographer at every step of our trip lol.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Welcome back!!!!! I don't know how you manage all of the individual replies every day anyways! I don't think anyone will fault you for missing it here or there! ;)

We are always our worst critics! Here's to you getting back on track and meeting all of your goals for yourself!!!! :thumbsup2

I can't wait to see all the photopass pics! You looked great in all the photos I saw on FB!

I'm finally here!! I wasn't online over the weekend, but did catch your mention on FB last night. I'm glad you're starting your report so we can fill in the gaps from the awesome FB photos! Your reports are always so much fun!

I'll have to come back later to read everything. I'm one of those who read other people's posts as well. It came as a shock to me that everyone doesn't do this. That's probably why it takes me soooo long to get to everyone's reports! Duh!

Sounds like you're having so much fun with Thomas (and of course his parents lol). He is a little cutie for sure! Love that pic of the girls holding his hands and walking with him. Definitely frame worthy right there!!

You are wise to not over do your workouts. It really is amazing how quickly the hard work goes out the window. But I know you'll soon be back in the swing and right back where you were before. You look amazing in your Disney photos!! You look like a teenager for Pete's sake! I know you see the work that still needs to be done, but, girl, you are looking better than great!

I hope Josh gets to feeling better. I haven't felt all that great today either, but I need to get off of this computer and over to the condo and get to work. So much to do!! We leave in 9 days, so today is our official single digit dance day!! Have a great day!

as someone who say you in person. You look just awesome and i am so proud of you.

I am looking forward to reading about this trip! I also need to take the inspiration from your weight loss and health journey and put it to practice in my life!

Enjoy your time with BMT, love seeing all the pictures of the family together. A personal question for you - how did you guys end up with family living in the Netherlands?

I love reading your daily check ins - I do a better job keeping up with you than I do most of my family!

Back to the daily grind for Alli, heh?

I will enjoy hearing about your trip.

Have a great day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter