• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Contemporary Halloween - Oct 2012 PTR -- updated 6/24

debrapagliasotti

DIS Veteran
Starting this PTR a full year ahead of time there will be some slow periods, but I will try and write about something monthly.

First lets start with our cast of characters...

Me - Debra, 35. Crazy-over-planner. I used to work for a major airline and then as a travel agent before getting married (we celebrated our 10 yr anniversary this past May). I've been a SAHM mom since the 1st trimester of my pregnancy with my oldest child. Went to Disney World in my early 20's, and have been 1 other time with DH & our 2 kids at the time. I was 7 mo pregnant with #3.

101_0060.jpg

DH - Bo, 40. College coach and teacher. He has been coaching womens volleyball at the collegiate level since before we got married. He has made his way up the ranks of a student assistant, grad assistant, assistant coach and head coach. So volleyball has been a huge part of our lives. He is resigning from coaching at the end of this year to focus on teaching and getting his doctorate degree. He loves WDW, just not nearly as much as I do.

DS - Hunter, 9. 4th grader who does really well in school. He's a good kid, never been in trouble. Loves playing soccer. He is in his 6th year of playing soccer for the city. Over the last year he has really had a desire to be starting goalie. He worked really hard this summer at soccer camps, and officially became starting goalie! He currently does soccer 3 days a week, 2 days of team practice, and 1 day he does player development. He would love to become a professional soccer player someday...or an architect. He had his 1st (and so far, only) trip to WDW back in Aug 2003. He LOVED it! He still pulls out maps and pictures almost daily and looks at them. Harper and Hunter are 15 mo apart.
Favorite ride - Expedition Everest, Star Tours

010.jpg

DD - Harper, 8. 3rd grader. Super sweet little girl. She loves dance. She is in her 6th year of dance. This year she goes twice a week for classes.This year she was able to add Lyrical and she really enjoys that. She would love to be a dance teacher when she grows up. She loved WDW when we went in 2003. She loved seeing all the princesses and cant wait to go back.
Least favorite ride - Haunted Mansion (she HATED the stretching room!!)
Favorite ride - Kilamanjaro Safari, Splash Mountain

100_4553.jpg

DS - Jaxon, 2. He is our "miracle" baby. I had lots of problems early on in his pregnancy, and had actually miscarried a few months before getting pregnant with him. I had very low hormone levels for most of the 1st trimester with Jaxon and was on meds to try and sustain the pregnancy. Finally, about 12 weeks we heard the heartbeat for the 1st time. He was born 17 days early (late-term preemie), but did very well in the hospital and came home with me. He is speech delayed and is seeing a speech therapist once a week. This will be Jaxons 1st trip to WDW. He loves Woody and Buzz.

100_4457.jpg

DS - Evan, 1. He is our "suprise" baby! Not at all planned, but cant imagine my life without him. He is also speech delayed and sees a speech therapist once a week. He recently started having seizures, so he is scheduled to see a neurologist. This will be Evans 1st trip to WDW. He hasnt really connected with any Disney characters...yet.

001.jpg

100_4475.jpg

Count me in! My sisters and I all did/do dance and 2 of us have played soccer! We are planning a trip for December 2012, so I'm glad to see others planning far in advance! Can't wait for more! popcorn::

So, you've met the cast of characters, now lets see how this trip came about.

I have always wanted the kids to go to MNSSHP :maleficen, I just knew they would love it. So, Sept rolls around and I start seeing all these posts about everyone going. It really got me thinking "just how much would it be to do a short trip?" So I started looking at numbers. I was able to find Art of Animation, Family suites for fairly reasonable, adding the dining plan (1 QS, 1 TS, 1 snack) and 2 days of tickets...not too bad of a price. So now I just needed to convince DH that we needed to do 2 WDW trips this year...within 2 months of each other (more about that another post). So, I just used my charm and convinced (it didnt take much) DH for us to do this. With him resigning from coaching, this made it the perfect time (he was always out of town or had home games during Fall break). I thought the little boys would love this, plus its a trial run for our "big" trip later in 2012. I knew the older kids would love this idea too. So, a couple days later (mid Sept-ish) I booked AoA, Cars Suite, which at the time seemed perfect.

lightning_mcqueen.jpg

UP NEXT...THE PLAN...OR AT LEAST THE ORIGINAL ONE :)

Count me in! My sisters and I all did/do dance and 2 of us have played soccer! We are planning a trip for December 2012, so I'm glad to see others planning far in advance! Can't wait for more! popcorn::

:welcome: So nice to see someone will be reading and I wont be talking to myself for the next year :rotfl:

I was debating on whether or not to even do this PTR a year ahead of time, but then I saw a few others out there, so I figured...why not.

We have a trip set for Dec 2012 too...thats our "big" trip that we are really looking forward to. Where are you thinking about staying?

:welcome: So nice to see someone will be reading and I wont be talking to myself for the next year :rotfl:

I was debating on whether or not to even do this PTR a year ahead of time, but then I saw a few others out there, so I figured...why not.

We have a trip set for Dec 2012 too...thats our "big" trip that we are really looking forward to. Where are you thinking about staying?

:laughing: No worries, I'll be here!

I want to start a PTR for Dec 2012, but don't know if it's still too early yet...

As of now, we are thinking about renting points and staying at Boardwalk Villas. It's going to be a quick trip for us, 4 nights, but then we might go again in the summer. How long are you staying for your big trip? And where are you considering staying?

:laughing: No worries, I'll be here!

I want to start a PTR for Dec 2012, but don't know if it's still too early yet...

As of now, we are thinking about renting points and staying at Boardwalk Villas. It's going to be a quick trip for us, 4 nights, but then we might go again in the summer. How long are you staying for your big trip? And where are you considering staying?

Ha ha...I am starting to write up my Dec 2012 PTR, but think I might wait another month or 2 to actually post it.

So funny you said BWV because we are booked at BWI, staying CL Deluxe room. Booked it as soon as our 499 day window opened back in Aug. For that trip we are staying 7 nts. Cant wait! We had thought about the villas, but were worried about the availability during Christmas. Only 439 days to go :santa:

Ha ha...I am starting to write up my Dec 2012 PTR, but think I might wait another month or 2 to actually post it.

So funny you said BWV because we are booked at BWI, staying CL Deluxe room. Booked it as soon as our 499 day window opened back in Aug. For that trip we are staying 7 nts. Cant wait! We had thought about the villas, but were worried about the availability during Christmas. Only 439 days to go :santa:

BWI and BWV are in such a great location! I can't wait! 436 days (assuming we get out of school when we think we will) for us! That means our dates overlap by 2 days! If BWV are full we'll probably book POR. So happy, now I have someone to plan with! :cool1:

BWI and BWV are in such a great location! I can't wait! 436 days (assuming we get out of school when we think we will) for us! That means our dates overlap by 2 days! If BWV are full we'll probably book POR. So happy, now I have someone to plan with! :cool1:

:santa: Cant wait!

The plan...or at least the original one (as you will find out soon, this plan is now out the window...for a better plan ;))

Fly out early morning Wed Oct 17, 2012. Take ME to AoA, Cars Family Suite. Day 1...swim at hotel, eat QS at hotel, head to bed early.

Thurs Oct 18. Day 2...head to MK for rope drop, bkfst snack from Main Street bakery, rides, lunch TS, head back to hotel to rest, head back to MK for MNSSHP #1.

Fri Oct 19. Day 3...sleep in, head to Epcot for a lite lunch at Via Napoli (really want to try this place), ride a few rides, visit a few F&W booths, head back to MK for MNSSHP #2.

Sat Oct 20. Day 4...departure day. Yep, you read that right...departure day. Just a quick Fall break trip. Hopefully we get a late flight out and can swim at the hotel.

UP NEXT...A CHANGE OF...HOTELS

So, now its early Oct and after much deliberation (and reading the Dis WAY too much) I decided to change hotels...to...Contemporary! :cool1: I figured this would be SOOOOO much easier since we are only doing MK & Epcot. Walking distance to MK...monorail to Epcot...2 young kids...double stroller. Just made sense. So, I called and changed from AoA to CR Garden Wing, Garden View. I thought I was happy with that...until...well, you will just have to wait until the next post to find out about...my sudden desire for a change of scenery. :lmao:

Up next...Change of...scenery

So, another day (yes, literally...it was only a day later from when I changed to CR, Garden Wing), another change...this time a big one. Called and changed our CR Garden Wing, Garden View room to...a tower room, MK view! I figure the only reason we are able to stay here in the first place is b/c Evan is under age 3, so he doesnt "count", so as far as Disney is concerned we are a family of 5 this trip. This will be our only chance to stay here (unless we got a suite someday), so I figured we might as well get the best view possible...and for us, thats MK. I think the kids will enjoy watching fireworks our first night from our balcony. AND, with the close proximity to MK, we can go back to the hotel and let the little boys rest while the older kids swim (or rest...ha ha).

Contemporary.jpg

I have always wanted to stay here. This hotel just seems so...classic Disney. The kids always call it "the one with the monorail", so I think they will be pretty excited to stay here too.

Tonight we had our very first Disney Family Movie Night. We are planning on doing these about every 2 weeks between now and our big trip next Dec. Since we are close to Halloween, our first movie was...

The Haunted Mansion

We had mummy dogs, Master Gracey's spooky tots, Ramsey's baked beans, Boneyard brownies and Madame Leoda's blood brew.

The kids loved the first movie night. Harper has picked the next movie, and she chose Toy Story...one of her faves.

On a side note...so excited to be under 365 days for this trip :hmghost:

DH is out of town, but I messed up our Netflix queue and we got Legend of Sleepy Hollow in the mail today, SO, the kids and I did a "mini" movie night...minus DH. It was their first time to see the show...Harper kept asking "is this a scary movie??" We also watched "Lonesome Ghosts" which was a bonus feature on the DVD. Nothing spectacular for dinner as this was a last minute mess up on my part, so we just had some Halloween cookies for dessert.

Kids update...
Evan had his EEG a few weeks ago. The results came back normal, however since he had 2 seizures in a span of 2 months, his pediatrician referred him to a pediatric neurologist. Evan is going this next week for that appt so we can try and figure out what is causing the seizures. He started coughing quite a bit yesterday and by today was wheezing horribly and struggling to breathe. We got an appt w/ his doc this morning and the doc prescribed him 3 meds, 2 for asthma and an antibiotic to clear up an infection.

Jaxon also saw the doc this past week for a horrible cough and at that time the doc told me there are lots of cases of croup in our area. He has a respiratory infection and is on meds for that. Luckily they are working pretty quick as his cough is just about gone.

Hunter...soccer is over for the season except for his player development lessons which we will probably do for a few more weeks until it gets too cold. We are hoping to get him on an Indoor soccer team so he can do that until Spring soccer starts back up in March, but I dont know if that will be possible. One of his former coaches mentioned something about an indoor team they were trying to put together and asked if Hunter would be interested...so, I guess we wait and see if enough kids were willing to do this (it would mean an hour drive for games).

Harper...all is good, she is dancing about 4 hrs a week, so she is happy.

Followed you over from the Oct 2012 thread. We have something in common: I'm a TA :) Looking forward to reading more about your trip and counting down with you!

Life has been so hectic over the last month or so. Evan went to see the Pediatric Neurologist and the doctor confirmed he was indeed having "breath holding" seizures. He actually had another one the day before this appointment. We are on a watch and wait and see approach. There isnt anything that can be done for those types of seizures and hopefully he will outgrow them by age 4 or 5 the doc said. In the meantime, we are supposed to time any future seizures and if any last 2 min or longer, we will contact the doctor.

We have been doing LOTS of Disney movie nights. Almost every weekend. I will post about those at the end of each month as to what we did.

Halloween was super fun. Jaxon and Evan went trick or treating for the first time this year. They were dressed as Buzz and Woody. I will try and get those pictures added soon. Now I am already thinking about what the little boys can wear for MNSSHP next year. I bought a little pirate costume on clearance a few weeks ago for Evan, so that is a possibility for him. Then of course I would need to get him a pic w/ Jack Sparrow or Captain Hook :thumbsup2

Birthdays...birthdays...Jaxon turned 3 recently and Evan turned 2 a week later. Jaxon had a "Cars" birthday. Evan had a "Mickey Mouse" birthday. Evan FINALLY likes Disney characters...especially Mickey and Goofy :)

Jaxon also started developmental preschool a few weeks ago when he turned 3. He goes 4x a week for a couple hours a day. He seems to love it. I love it b/c he actually WANTS to take a nap in the afternoon again.

Oh...and on another happy note...329 days until our trip :banana:

Hi there!

Good idea to change to a MK view at the Contemporary! May as well get the 'full effect', right?

Never too early to think about costumes for MNSSHP! We're a group of 4 adults and we've already started talking about it!

I've been a TA for about 3 1/2 years.

I want to see pictures of the kids' Halloween costumes. Woody & Buzz, that's so cute :)

I hope Evan is feeling better. Poor kid :(

I was a TA for a little over a year, and before that worked for an airline for about 3 yrs, starting out in domestic reservations, then in lost baggage.

I will get those Halloween pics posted hopefully over the weekend. I just need to move them over to Photobucket.

Evan is doing ok :)

Hi there!

Good idea to change to a MK view at the Contemporary! May as well get the 'full effect', right?

Never too early to think about costumes for MNSSHP! We're a group of 4 adults and we've already started talking about it!

Welcome!!

I know we wont be in the room enough to justify the cost of MK view, but I know the kids will love it!

I saw a really cute Mad Hatter costume that I am thinking about for Harper. It would be cute to get her with a pic of Alice and Mad Hatter or Queen of Hearts.

What types of costumes are you guys thinking about?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter