* A couple of Gluttons go to the World 11/09-11/19 lots of pics*updated BOMA!

serendipity

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone. We had a lot of meals at the world and we'll be sharing them all with you. We had great experiences, as well as not so great experiences. Hpefully we'll be able to assist you in making some of your ADR's.

The Restaurants:

-Raglan Road
-O'hana Dinner
-O'hana Character Breakfast
-Food and Wine Festival
-Artist Point
-Tonys
-Garden Grill Character Lunch
-California Grill
-50's Prime Time Cafe
-1900 Park Fare character Breakfast
-Jiko
-Coral Reef
Boma

Counter Service:
-Flame Tree Barbeque
-Tusker House
-Flatbread Grill
-The Mara
-Roaring Forks Cafe
-Columbia Harbour House
-Pecos Bills
-Sommerfest

We'll also be rating several different snacks and drinks we had over the trip.

Day 1: Raglan Road

When I made an ADR at this restaurant I was expecting a small, warm pub. I don't know why I felt this way. I couldn't have been more room. Raglan Road is an EXTREMELY LOUD and large restaurant. The noise level is outrageous. It's the kind of restaurant where you have to scream at a person in order for them to hear you. We started off with soda bread which was pretty good. It came with an oil and guiness dip which was different but good.

PB100149.jpg

We followed this by sharring the appetizer of the Dalkey Duo. The Dalkey Duo is little sausages breaded and deep fried kind of like cocktail hotdogs. This came with a mustard/mayo dip. This was suprisingly good and I found it hard to stop eating them.

PB100151.jpg

After our apperizer was taken away it took another 50 minutes for our entrees to come out. That seemed like quite a bit of a wait as the people next to us who had come in at the same time, and ordered appetizers and entrees had already left before we got our meal. Regardless, for our entrees I apologize as we do not have any pictures. I ordered the sheperds pie and my fiancee ordered the lamb. These were both TERRIBLE. I'm really not exagerating. I'm not the kind of person who insults for no reason. The shepherds pie resembled a ground up hamburger and tasted awful. I felt like it was something I would use for dog food. Jay (my fiancee's) lamb was tough. I thought there was a bone in it and I found out it was just so tough that it felt that way with a fork and knife. The only reason we realized it wasn't a bone is because we felt it with our hands. We really had a terrible experience here.

It was so terrible in fact that I wondered how anyone had a positive experience here. This was our worst meal of the trip. I would give Raglan Road a D.

DAY 2:

This day we decided to have Breakfast at Roaring Forks. We weren't very hungry so I had raisin bran cereal while my fiancee had frosted flakes. Sorry we're not more interesting here!

We were hungry later at the Magic Kingdom so we wandered over to the bakery. The bakery was packed so we decided to go to the confectionary and split a chocolate and peanut butter rice krispy treat. This was DELICIOUS! You really must try these. We used a snack credit for the purchase.

After wandering around MK for awhile we took the monorail over to EPCOT for the last day of the Food and Wine Festival. The park was PACKED so we were only able to get food from Norway in which we got Norweigen Meatballs. This was absolutely delicious.

We had margaritas in Mexico (I love these). I had the fiesta which is a combination of Mango, Strawberry, Kiwi and Lime and Jay had just the lime. We both got it without salt.

PB110246.jpg

We walked over to Germany where we got Bratwurst, sauerkraut and black forest cake. We split this CS. I don't know what it is about Sommerfest but they have the best sauerkraut I've ever tasted. I can eat it by the spoonful. It was wonderful. Solid A.

PB110256.jpg

PB110257.jpg

We followed this with shots of goldschlagger.

PB110258.jpg

And finally a Bellini.

PB110263.jpg

At this point we had to go back to our resort so we could make our dinner reservation,

Dinner was at O'hana. We really enjoyed this restaurant. We arrived a little early so after checking in we went over to the bar where Jay enjoyed a Lapu Lapu (something I would suggest) and I got my standard Bacardi and Diet Coke.

PB110292.jpg

PB110293.jpg

Our Camera battery died at this point! Sorry, we get better at taking pictures as the trip progresses, I promise! When we were seated first we were given the Fried Wontons. These were great, especially with the peanut sauce. The other two sauces were okay.

Next we were given the sweet and sour shrimp which I loved and the wings which Jay loved.

Last we had our skewers and potatos which were also great. The potatos were especially good.

For our dessert we had the bread pudding. This was my favorite dessert of the trip-yummmmmmmmmmmmm

We really enjoyed our dinner at O'hana. Watching the fireworks while eating was really fun. Overall I'd give this restaurant a B+ :thumbsup2

Thanks for the reviews so far, I'm enjoying them. We're eating at a lot of the same places, so I'm looking forward to the rest of your reviews. We're planning to try Raglan Road, so I'll stay away from the lamb and shepard's pie. DH really, really wants that sausage app, so I'm glad at least that was good! :tinker:

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

minniespal

where did you find the xmas mickey? I have seen a few dissers with it, and it is adorable. What a way to start out the holiday season!

( and I am jealous that you are indeed "minnie's pal" she will take pictures and wave at me and my family, but has yet to talk with us. )

Day 3:

Lunch at Flame Tree Barbeque:

Jay and I split a counter service. We ordered the barbeque sandwich with coleslaw and corn and the cob. For dessert we had the key lime pie.

PB120333.jpg

PB120337.jpg

This was a GREAT meal. One of our favorite of the park. The sandwich was delicious. The coleslaw was perfect and the corn and the cob was killer. The key lime pie was pretty good too but I wish there had been more meringue on top. Overall I'd give this place for counter service an A :thumbsup2

Later in the day we had drinks in Africa. I had a banana daiquiri and Jay had a rum runner. Mine was DELICIOUS. However, Jay's was wayyyyyyyy too strong. Seriously, it was about 98% liquor. It was impossible to drink. My suggestion is do not order anything off of the menu that's on chalkboard- you'll see it and know. No harambe cooler's either. I tried one later in the trip and had to throw it out because it was impossible to sip!

PB120361.jpg

PB120362.jpg

Dinner was at Artist Point

Artist Point was amazing. It was our favorite dinner of the whole trip as it was our last trip. It's such a beautiful restaurant. We were seated right up against the window next to the stream. Very romantic and beautiful :love:

First we had bread with butter

PB120412.jpg

Then we had a wonderful salad. I forget the name of it and it's not on the All Ears menu so sorry but it was very good! It had apple and walnut in it and a sweet vinagirette dressing.

PB120413.jpg

This was followed by the best mussels I've ever had in my life. They were amazing. Great portion, big mussels, amazing, but not overpowering flavor.

PB120415.jpg

We tried a cheese plate

PB120416.jpg

All the cheeses were very good. There was chedder, blue cheese, and goat cheese. All were very nice. This came with raisins in a red wine reduction and sweet apricots. Very yummy. I highly suggest this as well. We usually don't order cheeses but we were splurging this dinner!

For our entrees I had the cedar plank salmon over a bay of greens which is there signature meal and my fiancee had the Buffalo Steak in the red wine reduction with carmelized onions and sweet potatos. Both were amazing. I forgot to take pictures until we were half way through so the pictures really don't do it justice. However, you'll be able to get an idea of how wonderful it was.

PB120424.jpg

PB120425.jpg

For dessert we split the coffee two ways which was coffee creme brulee and a coffee and chocolate lava cake. Again, delicious.

PB120428.jpg

Here's a picture of the restaurant that again doesn't do it justice. The restaurant has dim lighting so it's hard to take flattering photos.

PB120423.jpg

PB120427.jpg

Overall I'd give this restaurant an A+. Absolutely Outstanding! :thumbsup2

The next morning we decided to go to the Lilo and Stitch character breakfast over at O'hana. We didn't have ADR's but we crossed our fingers. When we got to the Poly they told us it would be an hour wait and we were hungry so we used a snack credit and got some cookies at the gift shop.

PB120474.jpg

they were pretty good.

About 20 minutes later our buzzer went off, I guess it helps to be a table for two! :goodvibes

We were given juice which was an interesting flavor, I actually really enjoyed it. Then we were given Pineapple and Cinnamon Bun Bread with fruit. All was delicious.

PB120478.jpg

During that time we met a bunch of characters. Great time. Then our main food came out. I apologize because we didn't remember to take a picture until we had already served ourselves but still you get the idea.

PB120483.jpg

PB120484.jpg

Everything was pretty good. Overall I'd give the O'hana character breakfast a B :thumbsup2

Up Next: Tonys popcorn::

Great reviews!! I cant wait for more!! - I love your half eaten pictures, they made me laugh-- thats going to be something that I do! I can just hear my boyfriend now "What do you mean you have to take a picture? Im hungry!" :rotfl2: :thumbsup2

Hey Blayne, thanks for reading! I know what you mean. Whenever I went to take pictures Jay would be mid mouthful and be like "what? are you crazy". He doesn't love the disboards the way I do!

Thanks for reading shamrockshake! The poly is such a beautiful resort. We want to stay there one day. The convenience with the monorail is great!

PB130517.jpg

We had an ADR at Tonys for right when they opened up. We didn't wait long and were seated. We were given bread with sun dried tomato sauce. The sauce was cold and wasn't very good so we asked for butter and that made a much nicer combination. The butter had mickey imprinted on it which was a nice touch :thumbsup2

PB130520.jpg

PB130523.jpg

For appetizers I had the tomato and mozzarella salad and Jay had the spinach and artichoke dip. The salad was very bitter and the mozzarella was ground up so fine that I woudln't have known what kind of cheese it was had I not ordered. In NJ when you order a mozzarella salad you get big chunks, so I guess that was what I was expecting. The spinach dip was pretty good though. It had chunks of artichoke in it which nice. We devoured that pretty quickly!

PB130525.jpg

For our entrees I had the Chicken Florentina but for some reason they called it Chicken Fiorentina. I don't know if they realized they were using a wrong name or they wouldn't to give it their own touch. Whatever the case I was suprised because it was actually pretty good! For those of you who don't know Chicken Florentina is chicken with prosciutto, cheese and spinach. It came with a brown marsala sauce and potatos.

PB130530.jpg

Jay had the spaghetti and meatballs. This, was just awful. I mean it. It was chef boyarde. If you put both in my mouth NEVER would I be able to tell the difference. I couldn't believe they served this. Terrible. He ended up splitting the chicken florentine with me.

PB130531.jpg

For dessert Jay had the chocolate "gelato" which was just chocolate ice cream. I had the tirimisu which came out like this. At first I was confused. Did I order tirimisu ice cream? I had another instance of this once in the Bahamas where I was served tirimisu as a hard pie with a pie crust! Craziness! Anyway, although it wasn't tirimisu, or ice cream, it was still pretty good. Good enough to make me eat to the point where I was sick.

PB130537.jpg

PB130536.jpg

Overall I'd give Tonys a C.

PB130535.jpg

Once again great review!! We have ADRs at Tonys. Your meal looked really good, but I'll have to keep in mind what you said about the rest!! Was the atmosphere nice ??

Once again, great pictures and reviews!!!! Thank you for taking the time to share!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Kim
momofdbsdca

Hi and thanks for the reviews and pics :)

I don't see spinach with your chicken dish at Tony's... I see asparagus?

Dessert at Artists point looks wonderful and also that salad and cheese course, yum!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter