* A couple of Gluttons go to the World 11/09-11/19 lots of pics*updated BOMA!

Today was our day at MGM.

We started breakfast off at the Mara. Sorry, no pics but I did have a delicious chocolate chip muffin and Jay had a great cinammon roll that we used snack credits for.

We split lunch at the Flatbread Grill. It was delicious. I can't say enough good things about this place. I had never really heard about it on the boards before and we kind of just stumbled upon it. It's a healthy eater place and that was just what we wanted.

We split a chicken caesar wrap. It was yummy! Only it was a little small so I don't suggest splitting here. For dessert we had a very good chocolate cake and I had the best Sangria I've ever tasted in my life.

PB150814.jpg

PB150815.jpg

PB150816.jpg

PB150819.jpg

From now on this will be our counter service stop at MGM.

For dinner we ate at 50's Prime Time Cafe. Another great meal.

For drinks Jay had a root beer float and I had a bacardi and diet coke.

PB150874.jpg

He's too cute sometimes.

Anyway, for appetizers I had the shrimp cocktail. It was very good. Jay had the fried herbel cheese which was also very good. The cheese came with various fruits and the grapes tasted heavenly with the cheese. YUM!

PB150875.jpg

PB150876.jpg

For our entrees I had the salmon and Jay had the meatloaf. Both were fantastic. I'm not even a meatloaf person and I liked his and mine was amazing. I never thought salmon would be good here but I was WRONG.

PB150877.jpg

PB150878.jpg

Jeremy was yelled at to finish his green beans or no dessert. Our waitress was a riot. She was constantly in theme.

Finally, for desserts I had the angel food cake. It was really, really really really really good :cloud9: We had hit the food jack pot today!

PB150881.jpg

Jays was equally wonderful. He had the smores

PB150882.jpg

Up Next: 1900 Park Fare and Jiko!

for some reason my pictures above aren't coming out. Photobucket is having some sort of problem. I'm assuming the pictures will show up after photobucket solves whatever is wrong with it. Sorry!

Your pics are showing up & boy do they look yummy!!! :thumbsup2

Where exactly is the Flatbread Grill in MGM?

I'm glad you did a review of 50's PTC. Im also glad you reviewed the salmon because I was considering getting that when I go. Did the waitress do any embarassing things to you guys?? How did Jay like his smores? .. it all looks so yummy!!

Shovan- great! I'm happy that they're showing up! The Flatbread Grill is very close to the Lights, Motors, Action show.

Blayne- the salmon was great- definitely go for it!! The waitress was relatively tame, but we requested a more tame server. However, she did make Jay finish his green beans before giving him any dessert. The smores were great by the way!

For our entrees I had the Chicken Florentina but for some reason they called it Chicken Fiorentina. I don't know if they realized they were using a wrong name or they wouldn't to give it their own touch.

They probably had Fiorentina instead of Florentine because, in Italian, Florence is Fiorenze. So Fiorentina is just the Italian way of saying Florentine (i.e. "from Florence") :thumbsup2

BelleMcNally- thanks so much for explaning that! Now I know for next time! Also, thanks so much for reading.

SilverAngel- thanks for your response! We never had a problem sharing anything.

serendipity said:
BelleMcNally- thanks so much for explaning that! Now I know for next time! Also, thanks so much for reading.

Not a problem! :sunny:

Wow, it's been a while since I've been at some of those places, and things
are almost the same, but I noticed what was missing.

Flame Tree used to serve wonderful baked beans with the BBQ sandwiches.
When did those go away? :confused3 (I must admit I haven't been keeping
up with the dining "news".)

I did know the s'mores at the Prime Time were changed. The quantity of
s'mores used to be double what you get now. Two people were able to share
easily.

But I loved my buffalo steak at Artist Point, and I know that looks to be
the same. :love:

And I knew the Garden Grill had changed their menus, but then changed
them back to the "original" way, what you've shown us. Yes, the catfish
is really tasty!

I'm enjoying my vicarious food here. I have food pics from previous trips,
but I've never posted any.

BriarRosie said:
Wow, it's been a while since I've been at some of those places, and things
are almost the same, but I noticed what was missing.

Flame Tree used to serve wonderful baked beans with the BBQ sandwiches.
When did those go away? :confused3 (I must admit I haven't been keeping
up with the dining "news".)

Well as of Sept. they still had the baked beans with the sandwhich. We had a BBQ Beef sandwhich, but didn't want the beans, so the CM offered us the cole slaw instead.

Maybe the OP just didn't want the beans so she got the cole slaw instead. :confused3

MamaKate said:
Well as of Sept. they still had the baked beans with the sandwhich. We had a BBQ Beef sandwhich, but didn't want the beans, so the CM offered us the cole slaw instead.

Maybe the OP just didn't want the beans so she got the cole slaw instead. :confused3

they do give you baked beans but we substituted for cole slaw bc jay hates beans so don't be disappointed!

serendipity said:
they do give you baked beans but we substituted for cole slaw bc jay hates beans so don't be disappointed!

Whew. It's a relief to know the beans are still available. :thumbsup2

What a beautiful restaurant. It's so romantic on the inside. I can't stress this enough. I really suggest eating here if you're a couple. It was quiet and wonderful.

Anyway, back to the DINING report. Sorry guys!

First came out the bread. Best bread of the trip. Hands down. I love bread and relish every oppurtunity I allow myself to have it. Normally, I'm an Atkins girl so bread is heavenly. The butter was sweet and savory.

PB161066.jpg

For our appetizers I had the Kalamata Olive Flatbread and Jay had the Keyan Coffee Barbeque Chicken flatbread. Both were different, but good. Jeremy loved his.

PB161063.jpg

For entrees I had the Wood Grilled Pork Tenderloin. It was okay, but Jay's entree was much better.

PB161067.jpg

Jay had the famous filet mignon. I never thought it would work, steak and mac and cheese but....it does. I really liked this and I'm not even a steak person!

PB161068.jpg

For dessert I had a delicious pistachio creme brulee and Jay had the flourless chocolate cake which was pretty good as well.

PB161071.jpg

PB161070.jpg

Overall we give Jiko a B. We'd definitely go back but we wouldn't have to every trip the way we do with our Artist Point.

Hey Blayne- thanks for reading....the food was very yummy. As for the butter I'm not sure what was in it, but it was definitely different and good!

That bread looks heavenly! And the filet with mac n' cheese. I think Jiko is a MUST EAT on our next trip (whenever that may be :sad2: ).

Thanks for another great installment.

Thanks KimWim- the pics came out blurry bc it was so dark in the restaurant but it was really good. I definitely definitely give it a recommendation!

Wow...this was a wonderful restaurant. I was so nervous to eat here after hearing all the negative reviews but I am so happy I did. We had a wonderful time. The view was amazing as was the food. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I started with the creamy lobster soup. It was delicious with big lumps of crab meat in it. Yummmmmm.

PB171183-1.jpg

Jay had the seafood and crab souflee served with creamy lobster sauce. This was also amazing. Easily a rival to my lobster soup!

PB171184.jpg

For entrees I had the tuna served witha soy glaze and wasabi mashed potatos. The tuna was AMAZING and the potatoes were the perfect side dish. I cannot express this enough. It was delicious. Jeremy even loved it and he is NOT a fish person.

PB171187.jpg

He on the other hand had the steak which was served with a beef demi glaze and potatoes au gratin. While he enjoyed it was steak it wasn't nearly as good as my tuna. He had broken the cardinal sin of ordering steak at a fish restaurant.

PB171188.jpg

For dessert we had the chocolate wave. This was heavenly. Also, we had the pineapple cake which was also good!

PB171191.jpg

PB171190.jpg

Overall we really enjoyed Coral Reef and was one of our favorite restaurants of the trip. The fact that its not a signature restaurant amazes us. We'd give it a B+!

Loving your reviews! Glad that Coral Reef was good. I'm really looking forward to trying it, but I know there are lots of negative reviews also. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter