* A couple of Gluttons go to the World 11/09-11/19 lots of pics*updated BOMA!

This was the review that I have been waiting for! We are going to Coral Reef for Valentine's Day and I was sooo nervous that we wouldn't enjoy ourselves, however through reading your trip report I see that we have a lot of the same tastes so if you like it then Im sure I will! Yay .. im really excited now! Thanks!

oh good. You'll love it there, it's a great place to go for Valentine's Day. The ambience is definitely romantic!

We ate our lunch at Tusker House at the Animal Kingdom. There was a long wait but it moved pretty quickly.

I had the chicken salad. I have to be honest, it was REALLY bad. Like, airport bad. Don't order this!

PB181255.jpg

Jay had the fried chicken sandwich with fries which was MUCH better! It was actually very good!

PB181256.jpg

For dessert I had the best carrot cake I've ever tasted. It was moist and the icing was heavenly :cloud9: YUMMMMMMM!

Jay had the chocolate cake which was also delicious.

PB181257.jpg

Overall we'd give tusker house a C+.

For dinner we ate at Boma. We love this restaurant because we love trying all kinds of different foods. Again, Boma did not disappoint.

I started out with a Carrot/Ginger soup. It was different and good!

Jay started out with the lamb stew which was also yummy.

PB181300.jpg

PB181299.jpg

This was followed by mix salads. The watermelon rind salad, salad with an apple citrus dressing, some sort of pasta salad and avocodo salad. Again, all different and good.

PB181301.jpg

On to the main course. This included mealy bread (I highly recommend), barbeque chicken, amazingly tender prime rib and an assortment of all delicious and different things. I'm sorry that I don't remember the names of everything!

PB181306.jpg

PB181307.jpg

For dessert we basically tried one of everything. All were delicious! Dessert as per usual was my highlight of the meal!

PB181311.jpg

We highly recommend going to Boma at least once. We'd give it a solid B!

I keep reading all wonderful reports on Boma. It is the only buffet meal that we are going to and it seems that I made a wise choice because all the food I see looks great! All I can say is YUM! :)

And the cool thing about Boma is that the menu changes on a three-day
rotation. Until I hear otherwise, of course. ;) You can potentially eat there
three days in a row without getting the same menu twice.

Some items never seem to "go away". I think the roasted tomato soup is
always on the "pod", for example. There's always some meat on the carving
station, and the desserts never disappointed me.

Glad Boma is still yummy. :)

Blayne- you'll love Boma. We've eaten here twice now and loved it both times. It's fun and different. Also being in the lodge is an experience all in itself!

BriarRosie- thanks for your response and information. That IS really cool!

WOW what a wonderful foodie report. Im just in the beginning stages of planning my trip and as my trips normally revolve around food....this report is an excellent source of info. Im adding Boma's to my list thats for sure :banana:

Thanks

Emma

I just took a few minutes to catch up on your report and now I'm starving! Thanks a lot! J/K Your pictures are great. I can't wait to go to Jiko again! I'm glad that you had a good time at Coral Reef. We haven't been there in a few years and I've been worried after reading some bad reviews. Brenna really wanted to go, so I gave in. Your review made me feel much better! :goodvibes

Happy Holidays!
-Michelle

That doesn't even look like chicken salad. It looks like rice or if you want to be totally honest, maggots! Gross. Thanks for the heads up as I love chicken salad and probably would have ordered that!

Mlil- I think you'll have a great time at the Coral Reef so don't worry! Can't wait to read all about it! Have a great time!

sarehm- I know, it was REALLY bad, but the chicken sandwich was good and the rotisserie chicken also looked good. Happy I made sure one of the disers doesn't order this though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter