A Couple of Wait List Questions

lucyem

DIS Veteran
We own at BCV and made reservations for early October at 11 months. We arrive on a Sunday. But now that the trip is closer we realized some of us can arrive on Saturday and have an extra night. Last month I put a wait list on the one Saturday night (the 29th of September) for a dedicated 2 bedroom. So there is obviously question number one - how possible is it that that will come through? :) I am not holding my breath.

I will have to borrow points for the wait list night. How does that affect my wait list?

I have not been keeping up with the ins and outs of wait lists. I was reading another thread which had me wondering if I should be looking online daily for availability and not waiting for the wait list to come through on it's own. Is this true? Or am I understanding this wrong. It is only one night so it's not like adding one day at a time.

If I do find it available can I borrow points online or would I have to call? I have not used the online system yet.

My last question is - do you think I should also put a wait list in for a studio? Worst case we dump our stuff with bell services for the day. I am thinking that might be a good backup plan.

If nothing comes through I am going to either get a studio anywhere we can or stay offsite. Both options mean moving so it does not matter.

Thanks!

So there is obviously question number one - how possible is it that that will come through?

it depends on how many people cancel and how many people are ahead of you on the waitlist. some of it also depends on how waitlists are filled. no one but DVC knows and they aren't telling.

some waitlists never come through. some do fairly quickly.

you might want to consider staying offsite for the first night. possibly look at 2BR timeshares if you need the space.

I was reading another thread which had me wondering if I should be looking online daily for availability and not waiting for the wait list to come through on it's own. Is this true?

in the past, waitlists have matched at a certain time, like in the evenings. so if a cancellation occurred in the morning, you might grab it if you called MS to check during the day. hard to say...

If I do find it available can I borrow points online or would I have to call?

pretty sure you can borrow pts online but haven't tried it yet.

My last question is - do you think I should also put a wait list in for a studio?

not sure. studios might be harder to get than a 2BR. if you only have 4 people and can squeeze into a studio, then give it a shot... but if you need 2 studios, i wouldn't bother.

Disney F&W kicks on on 9/28, so at this point a 2 BR at BCV might be a stretch. It's hard to tell how many people you have, but presuming it's 4 since you could work with a studio for the one night, I'd suggest a waitlist for a 1 BR over a studio. 1 BR's are the most likely to come through. Maybe call MS to set it up so you can assure that how the points would work.

(Pssst: There is a 1 BR SV at BWV available for that one night, as of 2 minutes ago--I happened to just be checking for the same timeframe. More points than a studio, but close to BCV so it's not a far move the next day).

Sorry to jump on your post but I had some waitlist questions too!!!!

I rang member services today and actually am now more confused than before!! I think the lady I was talking to was having trouble understanding me, I'm English and talk very fast!!!

I've got BCV waitlisted for the uber busy 9-11th Nov (dreaded marathon, f+w and marathon wkend so I'm told!) I booked OKW for those nights so I'm covered if they don't come through but in doing so I've used up all my points including borrowed so my question is;

Will my waitlist get confirmed if I don't have any points to use??

The member services lady made it sound like I needed points in the account to have the waitlist confirmed?????

Sorry to jump on your post but I had some waitlist questions too!!!!

I rang member services today and actually am now more confused than before!! I think the lady I was talking to was having trouble understanding me, I'm English and talk very fast!!!

I've got BCV waitlisted for the uber busy 9-11th Nov (dreaded marathon, f+w and marathon wkend so I'm told!) I booked OKW for those nights so I'm covered if they don't come through but in doing so I've used up all my points including borrowed so my question is;

Will my waitlist get confirmed if I don't have any points to use??

The member services lady made it sound like I needed points in the account to have the waitlist confirmed?????

If the wait list is more points than the trip you currently have booked at OKW, then yes, you would need to have points available to borrow to fill the wait list request.

For example (and making up numbers here), if your OKW reservtion is for 100 points and the BCV reservation you want is 120, then you would need to have 20 additional points in your account now that could be used to fill that reservation. If not, then a wait list can not be done.

I will need to borrow if my wait list comes through. I made the wait list online and the form asks if they have permission to borrow if needed and which home resort contract to borrow from. So I checked yes and said my BCV contract.

Thanks guys,

the waitlist is actually for less points as its a studio at BCV and a one bed at OKW so I should be ok right?

I waitlisted online too and checked the box about borrowing for 2 of the nights but member services did the third night and didn't ask anything about it being ok to borrow!

Do you think I should give member services another call and just check its set up to borrow. So I don't miss out should my waitlist come through.

Also do you know if they would ring you if you didn't have enough points to see what you wanted to do?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter