A difficult confession

Not sure how active I'll be in this thread, but to all that replied, thanks. I wouldn't have made it through today sober without your words of support.

Pete Werner would be proud.

Now I just have to figure out a way to make as much money as he does, I'll be a complete man! I'm thinking that I might create a Disney forum, travel company, sell a mask here and there, do a podcast, and have a candle company sponsor all of this.

I figure I should be 100% up and running by 8AM.

So... Hi.

I don't mind saying this because we are all Disney fans.

I'm an alcoholic. but I am not in recovery. I have had a drink for the last 13 months, every day, and counting. I want to stop, and these forums are helping me to slow. Disney gives me hope. Reading these forums gives me solace.

I have faith that I will stop someday. I just don't know how that will happen. The physical pain that comes with withdrawals is almost unbearable. I also run the risk of seizure and stroke. But, it only takes three days to get past the danger zone.
Hi, as a fellow alcoholic, I’m praying that you find your way to recovery. Happy to share with you what has worked for me.

I got very lucky. After drinking for more years than I care to remember (or, should I say CAN remember :)) I've relapsed hundreds of times. I've been through the worst of withdrawals. It is a crapshoot as to what the severity will be. Some are absolutely terrible and some just don't happen.

I avoided the sweats this time. The insomnia was there, but I was able to get some sleep. The aching subsided fairly quickly. The worst of it right now is the shaking in my hands and some dizziness. It will ebb and flow, but I'm thankful for the reprieve that I have right now.

Mgarbowski... Countdown #2: Liquor stores close at 8PM. 7 hours and 9 minutes left.

Edited: reprieve, not reprise. Crack an egg "This is your brain on alcohol... any questions?"

Last edited:
I got very lucky. After drinking for more years than I care to remember (or, should I say CAN remember :)) I've relapsed hundreds of times. I've been through the worst of withdrawals. It is a crapshoot as to what the severity will be. Some are absolutely terrible and some just don't happen.

I avoided the sweats this time. The insomnia was there, but I was able to get some sleep. The aching subsided fairly quickly. The worst of it right now is the shaking in my hands and some dizziness. It will ebb and flow, but I'm thankful for the reprise that I have right now.

Mgarbowski... Countdown #2: Liquor stores close at 8PM. 7 hours and 9 minutes left.
Stay out of the liquor store. There's probably COVID-19 in there. ;)

Keep on keeping on!

As someone who grew up in a super abusive alcoholic parents home, its a soft spot to see people struggle with this. My Mom and Dad were never successful at quitting unfortunately... but now Ive taken in a teenager from the same kind of home, and he was going down the same destructive path, and he's healing, its hard for him, I know it is, but he's already feeling soooo much better than before and I know you will, too. Sending you all the positive vibes, fist bumps, hugs, and tears as needed, but you've got this, you are a rock star, and there are plenty of internet friends on this board cheering you on :)

So... Hi.

I'm an alcoholic. but I am not in recovery. I have had a drink for the last 13 months, every day, and counting. I want to stop, and these forums are helping me to slow. Disney gives me hope. Reading these forums gives me solace.

I have faith that I will stop someday. I just don't know how that will happen. The physical pain that comes with withdrawals is almost unbearable. I also run the risk of seizure and stroke. But, it only takes three days to get past the danger zone.
Sending you hugs! The first step is admitting that you have a problem. I'm proud of you for getting to that first step. Like others here, I suggest seeing a professional or maybe attending an AA meeting if you are comfortable.

So... Hi.

Want to quit altogether? Go to Disney and only bring $6 for a drink. You’ll be dry for days.

Just kidding, and for real congrats on taking the right steps to improve yourself.

Want to quit altogether? Go to Disney and only bring $6 for a drink. You’ll be dry for days.

Just kidding, and for real congrats on taking the right steps to improve yourself.

I can find a partially-discarded bud light for $6 if I beg and plead and dumpster-dive!

Thank you.

Instead of making this all doom and gloom and hope.... lets make this thread a little fun.

My first day... "1 little spark of inspiration...."

Someone come up with day 2. You're reply has to have 2 in it, then three.

Instead of making this all doom and gloom and hope.... lets make this thread a little fun.

My first day... "1 little spark of inspiration...."

Someone come up with day 2. You're reply has to have 2 in it, then three.
Keep it going!!! You can do it. When in doubt, think 222. It helped someone very special and brave. Whenever you see 222 say I can do it!!
Very happy for you.
The best is yet to be!!

If anyone cares

"It's Good to be me" Uncle Kracker

"Flatliner"

"How Bad Can I Be?" The Lorax

Sorry, if you remember I said this ebbs and flows... I'm in an ebb. Music helps

I thought ebb meant "peaks" Not a good time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter