• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Disney-addicted mom goes on a "Dream" cruise *update 7/6*

One thing we always forget when traveling with the kids is that they express hungry as being cranky. By the time we were ready to head over to Epcot it was about 2pm. Despite bagels and in-flight snack boxes and the free in-flight snacks, it was obvious that my children needed a "real" lunch. I had an epiphany and suggested we head over to Beaches and Cream on our way to Epcot.
At this point in the trip, we only had one stroller. The single stroller that we get tagged with stroller = wheelchair for Zachary. The Diva started whining and crying that she was tired and needed the stroller. :crazy2: Let the good times roll....
We did stop for some pictures along the way (Tom hasn't given me the memory stick from the DSLR yet so these are all the pictures from my waterproof Nikon).

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Not sure why Jessica's face looks a little blurry here....

ry%3D400

"Goofy" Zachary

There was about a 30 min wait for a table at Beaches and Cream. We found a table outside. At least one of the kids (Zachary, I think?) demanded that we get to use Stormalong Bay. Not this trip kiddo. The kids were hot and hungry and tired from travel. Which means they were fighting. Luckily I found 2 decks of cards in the diaper bag and we set up 2 different games of War.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Nathaniel is pretending to use the beeper as a telephone...

ry%3D400

My boys!

ry%3D400

Nathaniel wearing my hat and his hat.

We were finally seated and ordered some lunch. Our previous 2 times at B&C we had a lovely server named Maria from Mexico. This time our server was only ok.

ry%3D400

Yummy milkshake!

We finally finished up and paid. And headed over to the International Gateway for some Epcot Adventures!

Amanda

WOOT! I'm here! Cannot wait to read more Amanda! If you make me want to go on a cruise though (which I have previously had NO interest in) I may have to curse you...or at least have you flip part of the bill when I book one! :lmao:

Yay Karen!!!! I really enjoyed the cruise (obviously I'll talk about it more) but we did not re-book while on-board. I honestly think the best part of our trip was our time at Fort Wilderness. Not to give too much away. :thumbsup2

Amanda

Fort Wilderness is the part I'm really excited about hearing too! :thumbsup2 I cannot imagine we would ever stay there (we ALREADY live in the wilderness! LOL) but I can't wait to hear what you guys thought of it!

*check the actual lens on your camera, looks like a typical fingerprint smudge that might be on the camera! (I can see it in a couple of the other shots too if I look close, so it looks like something on the lens b/c it's in the same place on each shot)

Fort Wilderness is the part I'm really excited about hearing too! :thumbsup2 I cannot imagine we would ever stay there (we ALREADY live in the wilderness! LOL) but I can't wait to hear what you guys thought of it!

*check the actual lens on your camera, looks like a typical fingerprint smudge that might be on the camera! (I can see it in a couple of the other shots too if I look close, so it looks like something on the lens b/c it's in the same place on each shot)

We loved Fort Wilderness. A lot.
And thanks for the camera input. I took it in the water later in the trip so maybe it got better? I'll have to look. My kids are always playing with my camera.....

Amanda

We like B&C just wish it was a little bit bigger!
I know exactly what you mean about bieng cranky when hungry! My DS11 is notorious for that. If he misses a scheduled mealtime- watch out!!

ddluvsdisney said:
We like B&C just wish it was a little bit bigger!
I know exactly what you mean about bieng cranky when hungry! My DS11 is notorious for that. If he misses a scheduled mealtime- watch out!!

Yes. I agree that B&C needs to be bigger! It's a good value for those of us who don't use the dining plan.
That was one advantage of the cruise - we didn't have to buy food/snacks.

I stayed at the Swan on my honeymoon.

We have yet to go to Beaches and Cream

cogero said:
I stayed at the Swan on my honeymoon.

We have yet to go to Beaches and Cream

Did you like the Swan? This was our 2nd stay (once was just Tom and me for 2 nights) and we've enjoyed it both times.
I think B&C is a good choice if you're paying cash. Good burgers and milkshakes.

Amanda

I have stayed at the Swan twice once on a family trip with my parents and my honeymoon, I loved it both times.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

We should definately try the Swan/Dolphin next time. When and if there is a next time :(
They give teacher discounts:thumbsup2 Now all I need is a job!!!

We should definately try the Swan/Dolphin next time. When and if there is a next time :(

Say what? Teacher discounts you say? I still have an ID from my previous job. Wonder if that will work?

I have stayed at the Swan twice once on a family trip with my parents and my honeymoon, I loved it both times.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

I agree! Not so much Disney theming but the rooms are nice and the beds are comfortable. There's good food available between the 2 hotels. And I've found the customer service to be good.

Sorry for your job hunt. Not fun at all! I think they give nurse discounts, too. Sadly no doctor discounts! Tom works at West Point but as a civilian so I don't think he's eligible for any military discounts....

Say what? Teacher discounts you say? I still have an ID from my previous job. Wonder if that will work?

It might be worth a try! I think the discounts are pretty good.

Amanda

Joining in! We will be taking our DS (11) on the Dream next March. Looking forward to your thoughts.

Great updates so far!

I'm glad to hear that everything worked out with your transportation and the stay at the Swan. I remember when the Swan and Dolphin were first built and I thought that having hotels within walking distance to EPCOT was the best thing since sliced bread. I dreamed about staying there one day.

And then the Beach Club came along.

You know how that story ends! :love:

You tell your kids that I think they should all have honorary memberships to SAB!

wouldn't hurt to try;)

I agree!

Joining in! We will be taking our DS (11) on the Dream next March. Looking forward to your thoughts.

How great! I was really excited to go on the Dream. She's a beautiful ship!

Great updates so far!

I'm glad to hear that everything worked out with your transportation and the stay at the Swan. I remember when the Swan and Dolphin were first built and I thought that having hotels within walking distance to EPCOT was the best thing since sliced bread. I dreamed about staying there one day.

And then the Beach Club came along.

You know how that story ends! :love:

You tell your kids that I think they should all have honorary memberships to SAB!

The Swan/Dolphin are very nice hotels. They aren't Disney hotels which is both good and bad in my opinion. And nothing beats Beach Club! :beach:
Since we still aren't sure about August, I didn't want to promise SAB...

Amanda

So we left B&C feeling full and (hopefully) less cranky and walked over to the International Gateway. Our very 1st stop was upon us before we knew it...

ry%3D400

Yes. We wanted to save the World from Dr. Doofenschmirtz.

One thing we've learned in our many travels to Disney is that our children do NOT share the phone thingy very well. So we were planning to split up into 2 groups. The "recruiters" were a teeny bit snotty about this plan but finally gave us 2 phones. Tom and Nathaniel went off to....somewhere. I think Germany but neither of them is home to ask. (Nathaniel just got home - Germany it was!) Jessica, Zachary, and I were off to Mexico.
The re-themed game formerly known as Kim Possible hasn't really changed much. It was hard inside a fairly crowded indoor pavilion to chase 2 small children around. And then, several steps into our mission, our device stopped working. Zachary was getting frustrated and annoyed by the whole mission (although he spent the rest of the trip asking to do another one :crazy2: ) and Jessica burst into tears when the device stopped working.
We returned the broken device to the recruitment center in Norway and headed, under protest, to find Nathaniel and Tom.
ry%3D400

(A brief stop in Africa on our way to Germany)
In my absence Tom had agreed to let Nathaniel do a 2nd mission - in Mexico - and I returned to the pyramid yet again. Luckily Nathaniel is faster with the missions than the younger 2. Even better I was able to stop in the Cava de Tequila for my favorite avocado margarita. YUM! They even gave me a free sample while they were blending my drink.
ry%3D400

Apparently Tom needed fortification to get through his mission, too....

ry%3D400

While Nathaniel and I were in Mexico, Tom took the kids to Italy to do a Kidcot stop.
ry%3D400

To be continued...

Amanda

Following along. I tried to get 2 separate missions last time, one for R and my mom, one for O and me) and they gave us such crap about it we finally said we'd share....which led to some bickering as R held it to high and O couldn't see and then O's head was in the way when he held it..............

I've always wanted to try doing the KM mission, but the boys were never to interested. Now that it's agent P DS11 might be but who knows with him. His mind changes like the wind lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter