• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Disney-Addicted mom plans an August, 2013 Autotrain Trip for 7! *Big Update! 11/19*

Wow Amanda its getting really close now :goodvibes Bet you cant wait to be there! Pretty poor performance on Bluezoo's part! They should have at least come up with a few alternatives for you but I have to say I would be really annoyed by their treatment and it would definitely put me off booking with them in future!
Still on a happier note the Yachtsman is awesome!! Love it there! Yum wish I was there now :thumbsup2

The email they sent did offer assistance but I'm not sure how much assistance I could get at any non-Swan/Dolphin restaurant. I'm annoyed because it stressed me out but the food and service at Bluezoo is so excellent that it's hard to be super annoyed...
Yachtsman is awesome and we will be happy there.

You're so close now!!

That is extremely annoying about Bluezoo! I found the service at the Dolphin to be excellent, so hopefully someone answers your email soon!

I sent it on a Friday so I didn't really expect to hear back yet...

Amanda

Greetings for the Boardwalk! Where we were miraculously upgraded from a 2 bedroom villa to a 3 bedroom Grand Villa. :love::love::love:
This is SO awesome!
Having a great trip so far.

Amanda

Greetings for the Boardwalk! Where we were miraculously upgraded from a 2 bedroom villa to a 3 bedroom Grand Villa. :love::love::love:
This is SO awesome!

Amanda

That is so awesome!! Good for you. I'll be there in 2 days!!!! Can't wait.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

This is SO awesome!

Amanda

Holy Moly!!! That is awesome Amanda!!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip.

:woohoo:

This is SO awesome!

Amanda

That is fabulous. I hope you all have a great time. I can't wait until we arrive on Thursday.

Hi there--I am enjoying this PTR; I had to :thumbsup2 at the planning process--the pros and cons of the resorts, etc. So similar to how I make plans. I drive my family crazy but they gotta admit they benefit from all the thought that is involved. Also :rolleyes: at the on call thing. My husband is in the medical field and really really REALLY dislikes call duty. :headache:

I am curious to hear about the train trip--please post when you have time. Have thought about it for our family.

So happy for you on the upgrade! I hope you are enjoying yourselves immensely. :goodvibes

Thank you all! We are back from a spectacular trip. So much magic!!! I'm frantically getting the kids ready for the 1st day of school tomorrow so it'll take me a few days to do things like upload photos and order my photopass + cd-rom. Patience please!
Just for a few brief words in case people are eagerly awaiting information:
The autotrain was great but not for us. I don't think I would do it again. The intended market is those who would otherwise drive to Disney and we are definitely airplane folk. The rooms were nice but very, very small and I got extremely claustrophobic and didn't sleep much. It was a problem in both directions but definitely worse coming home.
The resort was lovely. I'm biased because of our fantastic upgrade but it really was a nice place. I thought the pool was a touch small for the size of the resort and I think the water slide needs to be re-surfaced as it was quite slow going down. The kids loved the pool but they are not super picky. They do think SAB is a better pool and Jessica thought Kidani was better, too (I agree with her). My pool ranking would put Luna Park above WL, Contemporary, and BLT but behind SSR, Poly, BC/YC, Kidani. Just my opinion, of course. The pool bar served decent sandwiches and my kids enjoyed the pool activities in the afternoon. Tom liked the fitness center when he used it (I just ran outside so I never used the fitness center). We didn't use resorts mugs or any counter service dining except the pool bar.
More to come once I unpacked and get the kids ready for school!

Amanda

Sounds great Amanda! We are at the airport. I can't believe I booked a flight home the night before the first day. That is so unlike me, but oh well he'll be fine.
Can't wait to hear about all the magic.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Sounds great Amanda! We are at the airport. I can't believe I booked a flight home the night before the first day. That is so unlike me, but oh well he'll be fine.
Can't wait to hear about all the magic.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I hope you're surviving the beginning of school!

Amanda

I finally ordered my photopass CD and I'm hoping it comes sooner rather than later. Then I'll start my trip report.

Life is certainly hectic as we adjust to the new fall schedule. Zachary has started kindergarten, Jessica's in 2nd grade, and Nathaniel's in 4th. We were blessed with the "most desirable" teacher in each grade (except maybe kindergarten where all 3 teachers are considered equally excellent). Kids seem to be doing well.
I'm thick in training for the NYC marathon. I'm starting to get excited and nervous. Only about 7 more weeks...

Amanda

Remember me? I need to start a trip report but life is just so crazy busy that I haven't gotten to it yet.
I went to Vegas for a work conference and then London for my niece's baptism. NYC Marathon is in 12 days.
Tom and I will go to Disney for Marathon Weekend (staying on points at BLT) and then back in May for 2 nights before a work conference in Orlando.
Next summer we will likely go to France and stay at my brother's house rather than Disney. We're trying to find time to take the kids to Disney, at least for a few days, but nothing planned yet.

Amanda

Remember me? I need to start a trip report but life is just so crazy busy that I haven't gotten to it yet. I went to Vegas for a work conference and then London for my niece's baptism. NYC Marathon is in 12 days. Tom and I will go to Disney for Marathon Weekend (staying on points at BLT) and then back in May for 2 nights before a work conference in Orlando. Next summer we will likely go to France and stay at my brother's house rather than Disney. We're trying to find time to take the kids to Disney, at least for a few days, but nothing planned yet. Amanda

All your trips sound s exciting Amanda!!!

Disney is so fun w/ out kids LOL :)

I'm sure you'll find a way to get them there.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Remember me? I need to start a trip report but life is just so crazy busy that I haven't gotten to it yet.
I went to Vegas for a work conference and then London for my niece's baptism. NYC Marathon is in 12 days.
Tom and I will go to Disney for Marathon Weekend (staying on points at BLT) and then back in May for 2 nights before a work conference in Orlando.
Next summer we will likely go to France and stay at my brother's house rather than Disney. We're trying to find time to take the kids to Disney, at least for a few days, but nothing planned yet.

Amanda

Just popped in to say I am still here! Looking forward to the TR when you have time. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter