• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Disney-Addicted mom plans an August, 2013 Autotrain Trip for 7! *Big Update! 11/19*

I ran the NYC Marathon on Sunday. I didn't do as well as I'd hoped but still finished in 5:26:58. A 25 minutes PR for me.
I just found out that we're getting Magic Bands for Marathon Weekend!!! So excited!!!

Amanda

I ran the NYC Marathon on Sunday. I didn't do as well as I'd hoped but still finished in 5:26:58. A 25 minutes PR for me.
I just found out that we're getting Magic Bands for Marathon Weekend!!! So excited!!!

Amanda

Congratulations on completing the marathon Amanda :thumbsup2 Hope you raised loads of money for your charity:goodvibes Cant wait to hear what you make of the magicbands.

Amanda

Whoohoo! Congrats on the PR Amanda! :cool1:

Whoohoo! Congrats on the PR Amanda! :cool1:

Wow Amanda-well done ! That's amazing:goodvibes

That is fantastic.

That's so great. Good for you- congrats!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thank you all! I was hoping for a slightly faster finish time but the high winds and the difficult course made that not possible. Now I just have to get ready for the Disney Marathon!!! And our trip to Hawaii in 2 weeks… :rolleyes1

Amanda

Exciting updates from me!!!

1. I'm leaving for Hawaii on SUNDAY! That's right. In a few short days I will be heading for the Aloha State. :beach:
2. We decided to sneak in a holiday trip to Disney. I've always said that I would spend my 1st Christmas after losing my mom in Disney. It wasn't looking likely this year but… Tom's on-call schedule changed and we have our brand new DVC membership. And what's the point of being DVC members if you can't visit Disney when you want. Right? :thumbsup2
So…. We're heading down to Disney LATE on Thursday, December 19th (my kids have a half day on the 20th). We will spend 3 nights in a one-bedroom standard view at Kidani and then one night in a one bedroom at Boardwalk (if you're staying on DVC points they will allow a 5th person in the room but don't provide bedding so I think Zachary will probably sleep with us). Friday night we will attend MVMCP (boy were those tickets expensive - the priciest night of the party and NO discounts). Saturday we'll probably see Osbourne Lights. Sunday we have Candlelight Processional lunch reservations at Biergarten and will see the 5pm show. Monday is still up in the air but we fly home late. I guess we could go to AK in the morning and then "hop" to another park for the afternoon but still thinking about it.
I've already signed up for Magic Bands and FP+ for the trip, except for Monday since we don't know what we want to do. I will probably try to get a dinner reservation at DHS for Saturday night before Osbourne Lights.
I am SO excited!!!! We went to MVMCP about 4 years ago (almost exactly 4 years ago since Zachary wasn't even walking yet and Nathaniel was in kindergarten) but the kids fell asleep right after the parade (we left Zachary with Kids Nite Out). i've never seen Osbourne Lights or Candlelight Processional. Very excited!!!

Amanda

OMG Amanda!! Somehow I'm not surprised about your Christmas trip!! Lol
You always manage to sneak in a new trip somewhere! :)
We are doing our first Christmas trip as a family. I've been in Nov. before. We are so excited!! Although I'm not to happy about the whole FP + crap. Bc we don't stay on property we won't have MB or FP+ for Dec. That's making me a little worried. We may not be riding a whole lot.
We are also doing Candlelight processional ( never done it before). We leave the 26th and come home Jan. 1

OMG Amanda!! Somehow I'm not surprised about your Christmas trip!! Lol
You always manage to sneak in a new trip somewhere! :)
We are doing our first Christmas trip as a family. I've been in Nov. before. We are so excited!! Although I'm not to happy about the whole FP + crap. Bc we don't stay on property we won't have MB or FP+ for Dec. That's making me a little worried. We may not be riding a whole lot.
We are also doing Candlelight processional ( never done it before). We leave the 26th and come home Jan. 1

We'll just miss you!!! I know a few people who didn't have MBs. You do have to arrive early to get regular FPs but remember that the MBs only get you 3 FP+ per day. That's a lot of rides without FPs….

Christmas at Disney is magical. Have a blast.

I'm super excited!!!

Amanda

Yeah for winter trips!! I love that you're using that DVC to its fullest :-) I can't wait to hear about the Candlelight Processional!

Oh, no! I missed your send-off!

I hope you have a fantastic trip, a wonderful Thanksgiving and a great Hanukah! I will especially enjoy hearing about your resort on the Big Island, although we will only be staying there for one night. I remember you were thinking of doing a dolphin encounter. I can't remember if you are still doing that or other excursions.

Congrats on the holiday trip!!! That is incredible news!

Hope you had a lovely time in Hawaii and are now even more excited for Disney in 2 weeks. Sorry I missed your send off - life is getting busier by the day :lmao: Looking forward to hearing all about your many trips :goodvibes

Amanda,

From our family to yours!

I know I am far behind on your report; however, you are always in my prayers.​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter