A Disney Honeymoon Looking for Fun & Furry Friends ~ May 6-13, 2014 UPDATED: 8-13

On the way to Finding Nemo, I found a potential future job!

New Job?? by ak82984, on Flickr

We switched our final FP to Finding Nemo. We had Kilimanjaro Safari originally booked, but we did that twice the first visit. Although I admit I wish I did it another time.

Musical Poster by ak82984, on Flickr

I think the FP line go in a little earlier than the standby line. It might have not made a difference, but anyway, we got a good seat in the middle.

Bubbles by ak82984, on Flickr

I enjoyed the musical. I think DH found it a bit annoying, at least the actress playing Nemo. She had a very nasal voice. He made a joke, “I don’t know why they didn’t bring this to Broadway!” I thought he was serious so I was like, “Yeah I know,” thinking with some adjustments and prolonging it, it could work. “I was joking!” Well, I found the songs catchy and loved the puppetry!

WHY???
Sadness Begins... by ak82984, on Flickr

In and Out by ak82984, on Flickr

I'm obnoxious!
Introductions by ak82984, on Flickr

All aboard! by ak82984, on Flickr

School Time! by ak82984, on Flickr

'Allo!
Bruce by ak82984, on Flickr

Ouch, my nose!
P Sherman... by ak82984, on Flickr

Sea Star "Starfish" Love
Starfish Love by ak82984, on Flickr

Amazing!
Peek a boo! by ak82984, on Flickr

Nobody touch him!
Flo & Gil by ak82984, on Flickr

Happy and Sad
Happy & Sad by ak82984, on Flickr

Just keep swimming...
Just keep swimming! by ak82984, on Flickr

Totally!
Crush by ak82984, on Flickr

My DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD
Nemo by ak82984, on Flickr

It was time to eat and DH wanted to go to Flame Tree BBQ. I can’t remember which restaurant has them, but I was in the mood for a black bean burger. But I got pulled pork on a bun. I wasn’t in love with it, it was kind of bland. I think DH could tell I was not impressed and felt bad we did not go elsewhere. It was okay, just a lunch. And I enjoyed the birds around us. Although, we must have been in the wrong section because I didn’t see EE in the distance.

UP NEXT: Bird Show!

You are hilarious with Meeko! Love love it!!

I have been pretty quiet,yes I tend to lurk, but have been loving your TR! :lovestruc You make such fantastic interactions with the characters. I loooooved the proposals to the step sisters, I laughed and giggled and then had to explain it to the DBF who thought I was having a fit.

And I have loved your pictures! They have been amazing! So thank you so much for sharing!! :banana:

You are hilarious with Meeko! Love love it!!

I have been pretty quiet,yes I tend to lurk, but have been loving your TR! :lovestruc You make such fantastic interactions with the characters. I loooooved the proposals to the step sisters, I laughed and giggled and then had to explain it to the DBF who thought I was having a fit.

And I have loved your pictures! They have been amazing! So thank you so much for sharing!! :banana:

Thank you so much for taking the time to come out of lurking :hyper: and commenting. I loved to hear from other members! Or else I begin to worry no one is reading this thread. It's sad to think I probably only have a few more post left. I've been trying to be very quick with my posts, but maybe I'll slow it down to make it last, haha.

Joining in!
Congrats your wedding!
The Festival of Fantasy parade looks really good especially since Elsa and Anna are in it.
Yay for your DH to get the part of the wardrobe!
BOG looks spectacular! I hope to eat their some say.
I love all your character interactions!
I loved the Disney Full House episode! One of mt favorites!
I love the lands building. It's beautiful in their. Just seeing it makes me miss Disney.
Yay for meeting Mr. Smee!
I agree with your rant. People should view from far away and not disturb people while they are trying to eat.
I would love to meet the Evil Queen!
I would also love to meet the Genie!
SciFi is one of my favorite restaurants in Disney!
I am not a fan of Fantasmic. I was extremely bored with it when we went last summer. I might have to give it another try.
Yay for meeting Anna and Elsa! They seem so sweet.
The Tremanie family reactions were amazing!

Joining in!
Congrats your wedding!
The Festival of Fantasy parade looks really good especially since Elsa and Anna are in it.
Yay for your DH to get the part of the wardrobe!
BOG looks spectacular! I hope to eat their some say.
I love all your character interactions!
I loved the Disney Full House episode! One of mt favorites!
I love the lands building. It's beautiful in their. Just seeing it makes me miss Disney.
Yay for meeting Mr. Smee!
I agree with your rant. People should view from far away and not disturb people while they are trying to eat.
I would love to meet the Evil Queen!
I would also love to meet the Genie!
SciFi is one of my favorite restaurants in Disney!
I am not a fan of Fantasmic. I was extremely bored with it when we went last summer. I might have to give it another try.
Yay for meeting Anna and Elsa! They seem so sweet.
The Tremanie family reactions were amazing!

Thanks for joining in! I think we got pretty lucky with the character interactions we experience. I wanted to share that with everyone through my photos.

I just finished reading your TR up to this point and you've done a great job. The photography has been quite good. The two of you sound like a fun couple. Congratulations on your marriage, DH and I are also an October anniversary couple. We are coming up on 25 years. We also live in Maryland.
Keep up the good work.

Well now I have a goal to make it to Dance-a-palozza. Clearly, I need this dance party in my life.

Lots of really great pictures too from the Trek. So beautiful.

I love Finding Nemo! I think our group was more on your husband's side as for their impressions though. Oh well. C'est la vie.

Glad you guys made up - that would have made the rest of the trip a bit awkward if you hadn't ;)

I love the close up PP pic of you both with Donald!

And you look like you were having a great time with Meeko!

Blasted! I've reached my bandwidth on photo bucket. Well, I'll probably end of reloading these photos on flickr then. Hang on tight and enjoy the latest posts for now.

You guys look so fun! I am glad you gave me a heads up about your TR! I am way behind! I look forward to seeing the all the pics when you move them to Flickr!

You guys look so fun! I am glad you gave me a heads up about your TR! I am way behind! I look forward to seeing the all the pics when you move them to Flickr!

Thanks for following along! I have already changed my memory maker photos with the characters to flickr and they've been modified in the posts. Now I have to do the rest of them. It's only like 5 pages worth...lol. I'll let everyone know when I have completed that switch.

PS: Here's a link to the similar experience we had with Anna & Elsa: How to meet Anna & Elsa Under 10 minutes

I'm slowly doing the switch, but I won't have a lot of time this evening. However, I've uploaded the first post, along with our first day in MK. I also noticed I didn't upload a lot of my FoF Parade pictures, so I added some more! Enjoy.

Okay, it looks like I deleted enough photos from photo bucket to get the rest of them to show. So hurry now and look at them before the bandwidth gets too high again! I will continue to slowly transfer them over to flickr as back up.

It was time to eat and DH wanted to go to Flame Tree BBQ. I can’t remember which restaurant has them, but I was in the mood for a black bean burger. But I got pulled pork on a bun. I wasn’t in love with it, it was kind of bland. I think DH could tell I was not impressed and felt bad we did not go elsewhere. It was okay, just a lunch. And I enjoyed the birds around us. Although we must have been in the wrong section because I didn’t see EE in the distance.

We walked around the Oasis exhibits...

Tree of Life

Tree of Life by ak82984, on Flickr

Tree of Life by ak82984, on Flickr

Hello Flamingo...

Flamingo by ak82984, on Flickr

Flamingo by ak82984, on Flickr

Then I asked to go into Pizzafari restaurant. I was not going to get anything to eat, but I’ve seen photos of their cool animal murals on the walls. So I got my camera and…

Pizzafari by ak82984, on Flickr

Don't mess with Mama Bear!

Heading into Africa to head towards the bird show...

African by ak82984, on Flickr

Over the bridge...

Expedition Everest by ak82984, on Flickr

UP NEXT: The Bird Show!

We headed back to Asia for the bird show. Before they allowed visitors to come in, they displayed one of their birds. It was a kea. It was beautiful and knew how to recycle.

Kea by ak82984, on Flickr

Participating by ak82984, on Flickr

Kea by ak82984, on Flickr

Recycle by ak82984, on Flickr

They also displayed their macaws flying to Africa and back again. They were letting us in at that point so we didn’t stick around to see it. I enjoyed the show. The know it all tour guide afraid of birds was very amusing. She would interact with the audience and tell some jokes that children would not understand. The birds were all beautiful as you can see…

Just follow your nose!

Toucan by ak82984, on Flickr

Hornbill by ak82984, on Flickr

The comic relief

Tour Guide Comedienne by ak82984, on Flickr

African Gray Parrot by ak82984, on Flickr

I don't remember if this was a crow or raven.

Crow's Flight by ak82984, on Flickr

Crow Flight by ak82984, on Flickr

Owl's Flight by ak82984, on Flickr

Camouflaged Owl by ak82984, on Flickr

King Vulture by ak82984, on Flickr

King Vulture by ak82984, on Flickr

Harris Hawk by ak82984, on Flickr

African Crowned Crane by ak82984, on Flickr

African Crowned Crane by ak82984, on Flickr

Bald Eagle by ak82984, on Flickr

Magpie Crow by ak82984, on Flickr

Owl by ak82984, on Flickr

Macaw by ak82984, on Flickr

UP NEXT: Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade

Sad to hear the pulled pork was meh, always disappointing when that happens.

Yay bird show! I have been hearing many good things about it and definitely on the list for the next trip! Love the camouflaged owl!

sorry you weren't happy with what you wound up with for lunch - or at least it wasn't what you wanted.

Sounds like you did enjoy the bird show though - must say, I really haven't heard any negative reviews of it

Sorry about lunch :( I wish it'd been better, but at least it wasn't absolutely terrible. Restaurantosaurous has the black bean burger, I know for sure but I don't know about anywhere else.

I really need to see Flights of Wonder. Looks like a great show.

After Flights of Wonder let out, we headed back to Africa to get a seat for the parade. DH thought this would be a good spot, but I worried since it looked like it be the end of the route. The problem was solved when we crossed the bridge and sat in an area that was right at the beginning of the route.

Before the parade began, we got to see this work of art:

Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade by ak82984, on Flickr

Let's kick off this Jungle Parade with Jungle Book characters!

Put your hands in the air!

Flowing hair...
Mickey's Jammin'; Jungle Parade by ak82984, on Flickr

Mickey';s Jammin' Jungle Parade by ak82984, on Flickr

He came over to made a loud noise for a picture.

Stylish Minnie.

UP NEXT: More Jungle Parade!

So we continue on with the parade...

Apparently I admire the top of floats.

Br'er Bear!

He doesn't look so mean...

Horder, Party of 1!

Lookin' Good, Timon!

Someone's getting comfortable...

We followed the parade after it wrapped up. The crowd began to disperse a little after we were next to the Oasis/Exit from the park. I enjoyed following Mickey dancing about with the repetitious music. We eventually had to say goodbye when we reached It's Tough to be a Bug.

But we won't because the parade has been closed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter