• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Disney Lovin' Fam Christmas trip PTR! - 3/5

poisonapple_PRINCESS

DIS Veteran
updated 3/5/15 - Well boy have these boards changed since I've been here last!
BUT I'M BACK TO THESE GLORIOUS BOARDS AND ALL OF YOU GLORIOUS DISNEY LOVIN' PEOPLE!
This PTR was originally started for a trip I was hoping to take awhile ago but life gets away from us and between working full time during the day and school at night, well a trip just wasnt meant for me then. I'm now graduated and working as a dental assistant and NOW! Now, it is Disney trip time! So lets get this party started, shall we?

My name is Stephanie. A Disney obsessed fool who just loves anything and everything to do with Disney world.

700FB363-983F-4F6F-A83C-486B2C2B0015-2956-000002E1E2F7D356.jpg

I'm a selfie lovin' fool. My apologies. But thats me.

For those of you who know me, you know my last TR was abruptly ended when my boyfriend at the time ended our relationship a month after my very first Disney trip. (with him) Well throughout this PTR I will also post a few things from that trip like the reviews and other fun little things I planned on posting in my actual TR. (If you all dont mind my reliving of my very first trip)

Thats all for now! We'll dive into more details in the upcoming posts. Be prepared for extreme randomness, total off-topic posts. Again, my apologies.

If you decide to read and follow along, please feel free to say hello! Disfriends are the best friends! :hug:

Last edited:
I'm joining in!~

I really want to do a Disney marathon at some point, so hopefully this will give me some inspiration.

And lots of pixie dust being sent your way for the weight loss - you can do it!!

I'm sorry your last trip was a bit of a bummer, but you've got this trip to look forward to. "Keep moving forward"

I'm joining in!~

I really want to do a Disney marathon at some point, so hopefully this will give me some inspiration.

And lots of pixie dust being sent your way for the weight loss - you can do it!!

I'm sorry your last trip was a bit of a bummer, but you've got this trip to look forward to. "Keep moving forward"

Hi and thank you! If you decide to start training or attempting to run, feel free to stop by and let me know how you're doing! ....running is miserable. it's nice to know other people are being miserable too! :rotfl:

Stephanie!!!! I just KNEW I saw this yesterday... I had to look twice for it this morning!

You KNOW I am here - I can't wait to hear all about your plans... You can do this - I know you can!

I also can't wait to hear about your first trip... :)

D~

Stephanie!!!! I just KNEW I saw this yesterday... I had to look twice for it this morning!

You KNOW I am here - I can't wait to hear all about your plans... You can do this - I know you can!

I also can't wait to hear about your first trip... :)

D~

ohhhh how I've seriously missed you! I'll have to search around and find everyone else again too! :grouphug: I have soooo much to catch up on. Yay for being back and trip planning!! :thumbsup2

ohhhh how I've seriously missed you! I'll have to search around and find everyone else again too! :grouphug: I have soooo much to catch up on. Yay for being back and trip planning!! :thumbsup2

Awww... I've missed you too! Soooo happy to have you back on The Dis! :cool1: I hope you are able to find everyone you are looking for.

D~

I'd like to use this post to let you all know a little more about me. Just like everyone else on these wonderful boards, I LOVE Disney. Anything and everything. Clothing. Apps on my phone. Phone cases. Stickers. Decals. Movies....definitely movies. (currently watching Lady and the Tramp!) :goodvibes But I'm sure you get the point.

440.jpg

Here's me and my homegirl at the airport.

When my brother and I were younger, we would plan out our dream Disney vacations on our whiteboard we had using the vacation DVD. Our parents never did take us, so when I started working it was my goal to take myself to Disney world. (I took my then-bf. BOO!) My brother loves Disney just as much as I do. We used to play Lion King on the backs of the sofa...ya know, that was pride rock. Looking down on all our stuffed animal kingdom. Quite a fun childhood we had.

Anyway, this time, I want to take my little brother! And to make our childhood vacation planning dreams come true! He's my BFF! and I dont get to see him that much so I think it'd be fun to take him!!

Ahhhhhhhhh. I MISS DISNEY SO MUCH!

UP NEXT! My favorite ride! I'm obsessed. In love. THE HAUNTED MANSION!

020-3.jpg

021-6.jpg

023-4.jpg

026-Copy.jpg

028-1.jpg

That was random. But The Haunted Mansion is my favorite ride!
Favorite Movie(s): Snow white and the Seven dwarfs, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Princess and the Frog, Lady and the Tramp, Tangled. UGH ITS SO HARD TO CHOOSE! Toy Story...Monsters Inc.
Favorite Princess(s): Snow White, Cinderella, Ariel.
Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion. I'm legit obsessed. AHH!

051-4.jpg

I also have the Daisy one which I got off Ebay. I'll have to get an updated pic of that one! Ahhhh, I love them!

Favorite Disney Restaurant: Tony's! HDDR! And I LOOOOVE CASEY'S!
Favorite Park: MAGIC KINGDOM!!

Now, for an overview of what I'd like this trip to be. I'm gonna dream big. Shoot for the moon. And try my hardest to reach these goals. But, please, be prepared for DRASTIC changes in plans.

Since this trip is a long time away most likely, I do have time to save, save, save. So here it goes.

My brother and I ALWAYS wanted to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It was always the place we wrote on our white board. This factor is going to be so difficult to accomplish, but it's worth a shot.

animal-kingdom-lodge-std-svnv-2-q-g00.jpg

photo from the Disney world website

BEAUTIFUL!

I really like the regular dining plan. We used it on our last trip and I loved it! Not having to worry about carrying money for food was really nice in my opinion. So thats a must.

Dates. Ugh. Dont even get me started. Theres so many possibilities.

So basically, thats it for plans. :crazy2: If you decide to join me for this long journey, I hope you enjoy it as much as I will!

Thanks for reading! And sorry for the insanely random post.

SO happy you are back on the DIS!! :goodvibes

So in terms of you wanting to stay at Animal Kingdom, you should look into renting DVC points and staying at Animal Kingdom Villas! You could spend the same amount of money it'd cost you to stay at a moderate, actually, less than that!

YAY for being back in action!

SO happy you are back on the DIS!! :goodvibes

So in terms of you wanting to stay at Animal Kingdom, you should look into renting DVC points and staying at Animal Kingdom Villas! You could spend the same amount of money it'd cost you to stay at a moderate, actually, less than that!

YAY for being back in action!

I know! So exciting! I've been trying to catch up on your TR's! My word you've been one busy Disney vacationer! (jealous...very, very jealous)

I'm not really sure how renting DVC points works...so thats something I'll have to look into because saving that much would be AMAZING.

Hi there! So exciting for your Disney trip w/ your bro! Planning is seriously almost the best part. I just wanted to say that boy, do I understand your plight- I broke up w/ my bf as well which led to not being able to write/finish various TRs and now multiple gigabytes of WDW pics are now rendered completely useless. :mad: It reminds me of this Parenthood episode (idk if you watch Parenthood?) in which the family matriarch refuses to let her daughter's fiancee be included in the annual family photo, b/c if they broke up then that photo would be ruined forever! :rotfl: Everyone should have a similar policy for their WDW pics!

Hi there! So exciting for your Disney trip w/ your bro! Planning is seriously almost the best part. I just wanted to say that boy, do I understand your plight- I broke up w/ my bf as well which led to not being able to write/finish various TRs and now multiple gigabytes of WDW pics are now rendered completely useless. :mad: It reminds me of this Parenthood episode (idk if you watch Parenthood?) in which the family matriarch refuses to let her daughter's fiancee be included in the annual family photo, b/c if they broke up then that photo would be ruined forever! :rotfl: Everyone should have a similar policy for their WDW pics!

Ugh! Seriously! My whole flippin' photopass cd has my ex in it! :furious: seriously so frustrating. But I took a year to get over my bitterness of my ruined Disney experience...and now I'm back for a new one! :love: Welcome and I hope you enjoy my ramblings! and P.S. I totally agree! Planning is my favorite!

Hi, Stephanie! I'm sorry about the bitter WDW memories! I've never taken a boyfriend to WDW, but I know how much breakups suck, and I would hate to have one linked to my favorite place ever. Boo! :sad2:

Boys. They're so annoying. :rolleyes:

Brothers on the other hand, they're pretty awesome. I have two, and I always have a blast with them when we go to Disney. I hope you and your DB get to stay at AKL. It's AMAAAAAAAAZING. And my favorite. :love:

Looking forward to more! :goodvibes

I loved your update Stephanie! YOu are just so cute in all of your photos!

I think it's amaznig that you are plannig to take your brother - I think it would just be some of the best memories you could ever make - and an awesome extention to your fun childhood.

I agree - look into DVC... I have looked into it, and if it were just me and one of my girls going - I would be able to do it... But I feel badly that someone would have to sleep on the sleeper sofa if the 3 of us went, so I've opted to staying at Mods... If I can ever talk DH into going - well, I am pretty sure we'd do DVC... And if we did that, it would have to be AKL, because it is so gorgeous!

I can't wait to hear how all the saving goes... This trip may be closer than you think. Renting DVC points is quite affordable... The only thing I didn't like about it - is that once you book, you pay for your room in full, and it's impossible to change your dates. Also, be aware - if you do rent DVC, you can add on the dining plan, but if they come out with Free Dining or any promotions like that, you won't qualify for those (which in the end, is the real reason I decided not to do DVC).

If you do rent... I would definately rent from a reputable company - there's a few recommended ones in the DVC area of The Dis... I would not rent from just an ordinary Diser - unless I knew them (but that's just me)... I believe one of the most popular companies that handles the rental of DVC is called David's? But I could be mistaken...

OK - have a great weekend!!!

D~

Hi, Stephanie! I'm sorry about the bitter WDW memories! I've never taken a boyfriend to WDW, but I know how much breakups suck, and I would hate to have one linked to my favorite place ever. Boo! :sad2:

Boys. They're so annoying. :rolleyes:

Brothers on the other hand, they're pretty awesome. I have two, and I always have a blast with them when we go to Disney. I hope you and your DB get to stay at AKL. It's AMAAAAAAAAZING. And my favorite. :love:

Looking forward to more! :goodvibes

Oh it really does suck. But lesson learned. From now one, no bf's going on my Disney trip unless THEY pay for ME! ;) My brother is stuck with me for life, so he has no choice but to go, enjoy, and deal with me forever. :rotfl2:

I loved your update Stephanie! YOu are just so cute in all of your photos!

I think it's amaznig that you are plannig to take your brother - I think it would just be some of the best memories you could ever make - and an awesome extention to your fun childhood.

I agree - look into DVC... I have looked into it, and if it were just me and one of my girls going - I would be able to do it... But I feel badly that someone would have to sleep on the sleeper sofa if the 3 of us went, so I've opted to staying at Mods... If I can ever talk DH into going - well, I am pretty sure we'd do DVC... And if we did that, it would have to be AKL, because it is so gorgeous!

I can't wait to hear how all the saving goes... This trip may be closer than you think. Renting DVC points is quite affordable... The only thing I didn't like about it - is that once you book, you pay for your room in full, and it's impossible to change your dates. Also, be aware - if you do rent DVC, you can add on the dining plan, but if they come out with Free Dining or any promotions like that, you won't qualify for those (which in the end, is the real reason I decided not to do DVC).

If you do rent... I would definately rent from a reputable company - there's a few recommended ones in the DVC area of The Dis... I would not rent from just an ordinary Diser - unless I knew them (but that's just me)... I believe one of the most popular companies that handles the rental of DVC is called David's? But I could be mistaken...

OK - have a great weekend!!!

D~

Renting DVC points seems a little intimidating to me. I'm not sure why. And I really, really, REALLY loved my free dining promotion! A little bit of me is really happy for the long period of time to plan. (Because its basically my favorite part)

I'll have to do oodles of research on renting DVC points. Which, of course, I will keep you informed on. Input needed, always. :goodvibes

Let's take a little journey back in time and relive MVMCP. :santa:

076-2.jpg

First, I would like to say that I highly recommend this party! It was worth the extra money to go. We had an absolute blast, the cookies and cocoa were DIVINE! and even though it was a little crowded, we just enjoyed the total experience.

You get a little wrist band, as show above, after you present your party tickets.

069-2.jpg

070-2.jpg

Excuse my nail polish. I attempted some cute Minnie nails....yeah....didnt work.

Then you walk under this little beauty....

071.jpg

072-2.jpg

ahhhh, I just wish I could be there now!

073-2.jpg

Festive Signs. Fa la la la laaaa! And the CM's OUTFITS! LOOVE! So festive! I LOVE FESTIVE!

So I was hard up to get a picture with my main men, the seven dwarfs. I HAD TO HAVE THIS PHOTO! (which now it just sits in a folder on my laptop due to not wanting to stare at a photo of my ex. POO) But I'll show it to you lovely people.

31180880067.jpg

31180880065.jpg

Silly Dopey. :goodvibes

Now story time......We waited in line FOREVER! Over an hour and a half. Well I didnt care. I was so excited. AND FINALLY! Those handsome little men started marching out. We were like 3rd or 4th in line. The photopass photographer didnt show up yet, so the CM working was taking pictures with our reg cameras and shoving us out of the way. Which was understandable since there was a long line behind us. But this made me upset because I wanted it on my PP card. AND even this didnt bother me as much as she was RUDE about it. I understand you're stressed, but one thing I cannot stand is when someone talks to me like I'm stupid. That makes the fight come out like no other. - End of rant.

But we did get back in line right before they left and got them on my PP card. :goodvibes

The one thing about the party was, HOLY CROWDS. Like it was stand still in some areas. But I still thought it was worth it.

Up next, my poopy parade photos. TAKE ME BACK NOW!

155.jpg

150.jpg

146.jpg

136.jpg

145.jpg

130.jpg

119.jpg

114.jpg

Aw, I loved the parade. I just wish my photos were better.

092.jpg

These stands were sooooo lovely. The cookies! AHHH THE COOKIES!

093.jpg

And there they are. Those wonderful, melt in your mouth cookies. The delicious hot chocolate. And my cute little popcorn bucket! Love him! And Disney Popcorn...Anyone else thing disney popcorn is THE BEST POPCORN EVER?!?!? MMMMMMMMM. I can just smell that fabulous, buttery aroma floating down main street now. popcorn:: yum. yum. yum.

065-3.jpg

And my pretty little commemorative pin. :love: (IM OBSESSED WITH PINS NOW TOO....We'll talk about that more later)

Overall: MVMCP is fun. The atmosphere is wonderful. The free cookies and cocoa is delicious. The parade is so cute. and I really think it is worth the extra money. It might be a little much for young kids though. Late and Crowded. But if its just adults, very very very worth it.

OMG the 7 dwarves pic is the most incredible thing ever!!!! :santa::santa::santa::santa::santa::santa::santa: I've never seen them all together like that! Was that exclusively a MVMCP thing? I totally would've waited 1.5 hrs for that one! You'll have to go back and get another pic w/ them...solo- haha. I've never done the Christmas party- I've only done the Halloween party at DL and it was pretty awesome.

Too bad about the rude CM- I'm surprised they didn't let you wait for the PP photographer. I don't know what it is about Christmas that brings out the crazy in people. My mom and I waited on the curb for like an hour so we could get perfect spots for the MK Christmas parade in 2011 and when I left for like 5 min to get us a snack, this insane woman ran over and tried to steal my spot! My mom had to practically go to war to get her out of there. :woohoo:

OMG the 7 dwarves pic is the most incredible thing ever!!!! :santa::santa::santa::santa::santa::santa::santa: I've never seen them all together like that! Was that exclusively a MVMCP thing? I totally would've waited 1.5 hrs for that one! You'll have to go back and get another pic w/ them...solo- haha. I've never done the Christmas party- I've only done the Halloween party at DL and it was pretty awesome.

Too bad about the rude CM- I'm surprised they didn't let you wait for the PP photographer. I don't know what it is about Christmas that brings out the crazy in people. My mom and I waited on the curb for like an hour so we could get perfect spots for the MK Christmas parade in 2011 and when I left for like 5 min to get us a snack, this insane woman ran over and tried to steal my spot! My mom had to practically go to war to get her out of there. :woohoo:

I think they are at the Halloween party and the Christmas party all together. I did some research before my trip to know exactly where they'd be :rotfl: And seriously! I cannot tell you how many crazy Christmas people we ran in to! So much for holly jolly. :confused3

Just stopping by to wish you a...

Easter-3.jpg

Still so happy to have you back on The Dis!

D~

okay so Im a total hot mess with this. Work and school are kicking my butt! I will try try try to post more.

BUT IT'S BEEN DECIDED!
A DISNEY TRIP WILL HAPPEN AS A GRADUATION PRESENT!!!!!!!! YAAAAY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter