A few questions

disney 2010

DIS Veteran
We will do a few days at DL before our dcl cruise in Feb.

If we use Disney transfers from LAX is there a nearby grocery store we could buy some food, beer and alcohol at? Walking distance or a short cab ride?

What is the best car service we could use to get to port early and get back to LAX as we have an early flight our after the cruise.

Not far is a Food 4 Less - 1616 Katella Ave. It's a healthy walk but can be done.

I'm not sure what the best car service is, but the people at the front desk of your hotel will be able to provide you with several options.

Are you staying at Disneyland Hotel?

In the Anaheim/GG area there are:
Safeway (grocery store)
Ralph's (grocery store)
Food For Less (grocery store)
Costco (warehouse market and bulk)
Henry's Farmer's Market
Vons (grocery store)
7-11
Target (snack foods, no fresh produce or meat)
Walmart

Vons and Safeway will deliver for a small fee and minimum order.
Residence Inn hotel and Homewood Suites will shop for you for free.

Not far is a Food 4 Less - 1616 Katella Ave. It's a healthy walk but can be done.

This is buy far the closest full grocery store. Across Euclid St where the Food 4 less is, is a Big K. That's a Kmart with groceries if you are unfamiliar.

For Liqour I checked into this recently.

On the South East of DLR is two places. 7-11 And aa ABC store.

7-11 has some wine and a fair amount of beer. Also some fruit, bread, PB&J, and breakfast foods.

ABC has much less food but way more wine, some more beer and liqour.

Across Harbor from 7-11 and the ABC is a liqour store. It's not too big and has less selection than the ABC.

Also on Harbor in the Ramada is a Mini Mart with Beer and Wine. I have not been in here to check the selecction.

Near the South West corner of DLR though not right on DL drive but Walnut St. which is behind the DLH and PPH on this corner is Wonderland Liqour, people report that they deliver.

Thank-you so much for the help. I am guessing the ABC store is my best bet?
We will be staying right across the street from DL. We will need a little pop, a case of water some snack foods as we will only be in DL for 3 nights. We will also need beer, alcohol and water to take on board. Is the ABC the closest and best to get some staples and beverages?

If I understand correctly the nearby food for less has not liquor?

I don't know that area all and will be happy to pay for a taxi to go to one location.

We will be staying right across the street from DL. We will need a little pop, a case of water some snack foods as we will only be in DL for 3 nights. We will also need beer, alcohol and water to take on board. Is the ABC the closest and best to get some staples and beverages?

If I understand correctly the nearby food for less has not liquor?

I don't know that area all and will be happy to pay for a taxi to go to one location.

If you need alchohol the ABC. Everything else at 7-11. They are right next to each other. Their doors may be 5 meters apart? It's rediculous that the stores are so close. The ABC is like a liqour store plus a little general items.

The 7-11 is like a general store plus a litte beer and wine. For example the 7-11 has about 28 different wines. Basic cheap common wines. And about 2 cooler doors of beer. It has plenty of bottle water, jugs and cases. Also plenty of snacks, fatty things plus yogurts and apples/oranges.

The ABC has a 15 meter long wall that is half liqour and half wine on shelves 2 meters high. But a tiny spots on shelves for other things.

You will probably want to goto both.

You do know that on the ship the water is distilled and there if free soda on deck, 7? Maybe it's seven, if you ask on the cruise board about where the free soda is you will get an answer in 5 seconds.

If you are staying across from DL these places are about a five minute walk. Easy but carrying a lot of heavy beverages you might want to bring help or make a couple trips.

Can you take your own alcohol on board? They had big reforms in the Australian cruising industry over the last few years and you aren't allowed to here anymore.

Can you take your own alcohol on board? They had big reforms in the Australian cruising industry over the last few years and you aren't allowed to here anymore.

Yes alcohol and any beverages you want as long as they are carried on.

I was looking at Vons....looks like their delivery may make things simple.

Yes. This is a big difference with DCL and other cruise lines. Most want to control the profit of alcohol on the ship. DCL gives you the option to bring your own on board and not buy thier's.

Yes. This is a big difference with DCL and other cruise lines. Most want to control the profit of alcohol on the ship. DCL gives you the option to bring your own on board and not buy thier's.

I don't know about in the US but in Australia we have legislation about the responsible service of alcohol and after a few really bad incidences on cruise ships, one involving a death they stopped letting you bring it on because if you brought your own they couldn't regulate how much you were drinking.

So if any of you come down for a South Pacific cruise remember you can't bring your own. But the cocktails of the day are always cheap and yummy! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter