• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Fourth of Pixie Dust! A Fourth of Fun! A Fourth of Attitude! NEW! 4/6 pg. 26

I did not keep a trip notebook on this vacation, so my memory is getting a bit sketchy. I will just make it up as I go along. LOL! Some things, though, do stick in my mind.

July 5th found us sleeping in a bit after our late night at Epcot. The original plan had been to hit the MK bright and early to take advantage of low crowds. That didn't happen, and there was some discussion on whether we would even go to the MK or somewhere else. Finally, we managed to get up, get motivated, and head to the park.

First on the agenda was heading to the Fire Station to get Connor his Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom deck and instructions -- we all got decks so he could add to his collection -- his mission was in Fantasyland which we would be hitting later in the day. Around the same time Chelsea found her Minnie ears at the Emporium. I ran to get FPs for Splash Mountain, but it was closed and the FPs were already gone. I got some for Big Thunder Mountain instead. I met up with the family in Tomorrowland.

Chelsea's attitude had started early that day -- you can see my displeasure over it in the Buzz photos.

070-1.jpg

069.jpg

My two hammed it up for their traditional Zurg photo.

071.jpg

072-1.jpg

We grabbed Space Mountain FPs, and I believe slushies before we headed to Big Thunder Mountain. Charles made me ride that one in his continuing bullying of me with roller coasters.

I must have taken some Liberty Square pictures as we strolled.

074-1.jpg

077.jpg

076-1.jpg

Not sure why I wanted a crane picture.

075-1.jpg

Splash Mountain was still down, so we made our way to Fantasyland where Chelsea insisted on the carousel.

079.jpg

082.jpg

085.jpg

Charles opted out of climbing on a horse.

083.jpg

Then, Connor played his Sorcerers game. If you have not done that yet, you must! It is super cute, and I love how the cards are used to cast spells to get rid of the villains in the park. Connor loved every minute of it, and so did I.

087.jpg

088.jpg

089.jpg

He was less than pleased that I wouldn't let him do a second mission in Frontierland.

At this point, I told Charles I wanted to ride the teacups, so we headed over there to stand in line.

And Chelsea was almost the victim of one of those infamous parental WDW beat-downs.

Chelsea: Why are we doing this? (in a snotty tone of voice)
Me: Because I wanted to. Everyone has chosen something to do except me, and this is what I want to do.
Chelsea: You didn't chose it.
Me: What? Yes, I did.
Chelsea: Daddy is allowing you to go on it.
Me: What??? That doesn't even make sense.
Chelsea: I don't want to do this.

I think Charles stepped between us at this point since it was clear I was contemplating throttling her.

We all went on the teacups.

Somewhere in the madness of the day we ate at Cosmic Ray's -- actually we must have eaten there before we left Tomorrowland because it was early and relatively empty.

Splash Mountain was up and running, so we hiked back across to it and used our Fast Passes from the Pirates the first night.

073-1.jpg

I love Splash although you can't really tell that. ;)

By this point, it was hot, late afternoon and we were done. My husband bullied me onto Space Mountain and then we left for the resort. We had completed the Triple Mountain Whammy (or whatever it is that Stacy calls it). :thumbsup2

Gotta love teenagers!! You cannot go to disney without riding the teacups °o°. We are going to brave the heat this summer, hope we survive!!

Oh, Jackie! I had no idea you were dealing with all of that. :hug: So thrilled to hear that you are seeing improvements and kudos to you for talking about it. As has already been said, I think it is far more prevalent than we think it is and those darn "highlight reels" (love that quote!!) on facebook and pinterest etc. fool us into thinking we are alone. :sad2:

Argh to the termites! I just offered Tybee as a vacation suggestion to a friend thinking about how much you and your family loved it. That is such a bummer!

So happy to see you getting back to your TR.... in spite of the teenage attitude issues. :rolleyes: I would like to be contemplating the triple mountain whammy and a coke slushie this afternoon. That sounds like fun! :)

Oh and thanks for the positive review of the Sorcerers game. I have yet to try it but maybe we'll give it a whirl in October. Something new to do in the MK!

We made a trip to Arkansas to visit with DH sister and her family. We had alot of good family time, good food, and a few shopping trips. DH sister's first grandchild also turn 1 year while we were there so we had a first birthday party. The birthday was the main reason we scheduled the trip at this time. We usually visit one week a year.

Connor will continue to be in my prayers. Middle school can be hard for creative students that do not fit the mold, but they are the ones that become our great authors, scientists, and leaders of the future. It is great Connor has supportive parents that are willing to get him help. I always thought the 7th grade was the hardest grade to teach they are the middle child in the school.

I am impressed that you were able to tackle the three mountains before your afternoon break on July 5th. I loved all the pictures, the smiles and even the teenage mood pictures. They are all part of a fun family at Disney World.

As I read between the lines I can clearly see Chelsea's point. Charles did allow you to ride the Teacups.....:rotfl2:

All in all, from what you wrote, I think Chelsea had a pretty good day. Aside from a few bursts of snot from the mouth, she produced some adorable smiles!

Perfect use of those "Pirates" fastpasses! Who would have thought that you would have needed them for the triple mountain whammy!

Thinking back to this trip and Connor, I remember listening (okay, eavesdropping) on Connor's and Baylor's conversation at dinner....
They were so funny. Maybe he needs a big brother type friend.:idea:

Again, I sure hope we get so see you in Nashville!!!

Yeah Jackie you did not look too too happy on Buzz.;)

Glad Chelsea found her ears. I know she was on the lookout for them.:thumbsup2

That's great that Connor enjoyed the Sorcerers game. It looks really cute.

Gotta love that teen attitude.

Splash is my favorite ride. Glad it came back up for you to ride.:goodvibes

I feel bad that we never got to do the Sorcerer's game! Maybe next time. Like when I finally convince the girls to go on Splash too! I've never done it either, but don't want to go alone. I think DH would go though.

Glad you got to ride something of your choosing, even though it's something I just can not ride! Not even with dramamine!

I'm thinking we need a DISboys penpal/FB/email something group

Seriously. We've got some great boys who have SO much in common, I wish there was a way to connect them. Connor, David, the E's, Glennbo's James....I can just "see" them all hitting off like they'd known each other forever.

Remote pin or sorcerers card trading?

Hmmmnnn.

Ah normal. I decided long ago that normal, well, what is that anyway? Some weird subjective term. Who is normal? We aren't that's for sure. Pretty sure I don't want to be either. Took me a long time to realize that (and yes, a little therapy too). But sometimes, for kids, the grass is always greener. I know my kids really wanted me to be a stay at home mom. Until I was. Then they weren't so crazy about it after all. :rotfl:

As I've told my kids, all those people with those seemingly perfect lives? They have crap too. You might not see it, you might not think it's as bad as yours is but to them it is. Recognizing that might be true and actually "getting over it" or themselves, is a totally different thing.

I did not keep a trip notebook on this vacation, so my memory is getting a bit sketchy. I will just make it up as I go along. LOL! Some things, though, do stick in my mind.

Chelsea's attitude had started early that day -- you can see my displeasure over it in the Buzz photos.

070-1.jpg

That picture is priceless.

At this point, I told Charles I wanted to ride the teacups, so we headed over there to stand in line.

And Chelsea was almost the victim of one of those infamous parental WDW beat-downs.

Me: Because I wanted to. Everyone has chosen something to do except me, and this is what I want to do.

I think Charles stepped between us at this point since it was clear I was contemplating throttling her.

By this point, it was hot, late afternoon and we were done. My husband bullied me onto Space Mountain and then we left for the resort. We had completed the Triple Mountain Whammy (or whatever it is that Stacy calls it). :thumbsup2

Allowing. Oh my! It's really too bad she looks so adorable in those ears, you'd never know.

:rotfl:

Nice job mountain climbing!

July 5th found us sleeping in a bit after our late night at Epcot.

This was the day Brooklynn and I had to go home. :sad1:

First on the agenda was heading to the Fire Station to get Connor his Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom deck and instructions -- we all got decks so he could add to his collection --

I wish I would have thought to get them to send to others who collect them. Anita said something about getting some one day when we were at the room, but then it never crossed my mind again.

Not sure why I wanted a crane picture.

075-1.jpg

Because one day, it will not be there, and you will have Disney history documented in pictures. ::yes::

Why is your head down? Look up and embrace the splash!
Spoken by one who puts head way down by the feet so that only my back gets wet. ;)

We had completed the Triple Mountain Whammy (or whatever it is that Stacy calls it). :thumbsup2

Checking off Triple Mountain Whammy. That's a good day! ::yes::

I'm thinking we need a DISboys penpal/FB/email something group

Seriously. We've got some great boys who have SO much in common, I wish there was a way to connect them. Connor, David, the E's, Glennbo's James....I can just "see" them all hitting off like they'd known each other forever.

I agree. I bet they would become good buddies very quickly!

I've heard some mixed reviews on the Sorcerers game, I'm glad to hear Connor liked it so much. :thumbsup2
Oh dear, you do not look pleased on Buzz!
I'm glad you got to ride the teacups without TOO much fuss! :thumbsup2 I have to admit that I was the sour puss on my 2007 trip with my parents when they wanted to do the Liberty Square Riverboat. I was 21... but I didn't even turn into a fussy "teenager" until I was about 18 so apparently I'm a late bloomer. :rotfl:
LOVE the pic on Splash!

070-1.jpg

Ooh the picture does not lie. :lmao: You are not pleased....

Charles opted out of climbing on a horse.

At least he looks happy....

:scared1::scared1::scared1: Teenagers...

We all went on the teacups.

That's better. :rolleyes1 :)

LOL I love the splash picture!! I do the exact same thing. I either duck my head or my face is all squished up before we hit the bottom!! ha ha

I missed it on the splash on our last trip because the stupid ride broke down. We had to walk off of Splash!

I try to bully my DH to ride the Teacups, but he won't budge! He gets sick on rides that spin, can't even do Dumbo! It's ok, I do those types of rides solo.

Kudos to you for braving the Mountain Trifecta - even if you were pushed a little. :rolleyes1

Hmmm, seems like a stressful day for you - sorry about the teenage "stuff." It does get better - when they are about 25, or in basic training for the military. :rotfl2: Our oldest DS was never satisfied with anything and gave us a hard time about almost everything - even in Disney. Then when he was in basic, he wrote these heart wrenching apologies because he met some people who had real problems growing up and he was so grateful for how we had raised him. :goodvibes
Even better - he now has a 2 yr old just like him!:lmao:

Great pics and updates.

I cannot do Teacups as I would be sick but it does look like fun.

I've been to WDW seven times, and somehow I never managed to complete the mountain trifecta. Not my fault, it just seems that every time I was in the Magic Kingdom, Splash Mountain was down. I've been on Space Mountain a few times, Thunder Mountain once (back in 1992!) and yet to ride Splash Mountain. I hope to rectify that when my family goes in July.:thumbsup2

Laughing out loud at your Buzz pic! Ah, yes. As the mother of 19 and 17 year old daughters, I've looked like that in vacation pictures---Actually I've looked like that in non-vacation pictures too! :laughing:

Awww your Buzz picture really does show your frustrations of that day!! You are much braver than I am, choosing to ride the teacups, but good for you!! I'd never be able to walk straight for the rest of the day after riding those!! :rotfl:

Good for you Jackie... you chose the teacups ... and a good choice it was too (considering that I'm partial to both teacups and AiW ;)

I was smirking during your conversation with Chelsea (not because she was being challenging but) because the times Emily has gotten on her uber teenage attitude, it's usually somewhat nonsensical like that. There's no rhyme or reason to it... it's just like a switch goes on and it's like "now it's time to needle my parents (mom)... Why? Just because I'm a teenager. I remember watching an animal documentary with David in which an aquatic animal (don't remember now which one... shark?) mother goes into a semi trance- while she gives birth to her babies. Nature puts her in a trance basically so she doesn't eat them... they get a chance to get away. The blank look on the mother's face and the trance... reminds me of the times Em has gotten on the teenage thing... it's like she's in an entirely different state... (rereading that paragraph back it sounds totally bizarre but I'm hoping you'll get the overall gestalt of what I'm trying to say...:lmao:

Oh the Sorcerer's Game... hmmm i'm not sure how we've managed d not to to that with David... but I think the gig is up...We'll do it in July...how long do you think it takes to complete one? (He's probably going to do multiples and it's better if I figure out ahead if that's possible...:scratchin)

Hurrah for you and the completion of the MK trifecta...:cool1: (You're a cool kid ;)

I'm sending a continual stream of good thoughts to Connor and your whole family... :hug: Remember two steps forward, one back still leaves you a step forward... Ah what kid doesn't sometimes think his/her family isn't normal? (they have no idea- none of us does-what actually goes on in other people's homes...)

Ah "Normal"... such a very loaded word ... I remember as a kid wanting to be "normal" what ever that is...:confused3 As I got older (& hopefully wiser) I realized that the stereotypical definition of normal was highly overrated. At the end of the day... I'd rather my family be defined as intelligent, funny, kind, empathetic, creative, loyal, compassionate, even a little offbeat-all the best people are ;) .

I think all kids (and adults too) want their families to be places of love, safety and stability. But I'm not sure that's the same as normal... that's having a family that's a safe haven for you to be yourself and feel safe and comfortable. That you've given him Jackie-:hug: & I'd take that over "normal" anyday.

Hey Jackie! I am glad Connor is heading in a more positive direction. I am currently looking into a counselor for my daughter Mykenah. She's 12, in the 6th grade and is just having a tough year too. Life isn't always easy, is it? I do think you are a great mom and you haven't had an easy year either. :hug:

Chelsea's attitude reminds me of Morghan's. We also had drama over the teacups. She told me it was too "childish". I told her too darn bad so then she pouted while she rode. After she was done pouting, she decided to spin them as fast as possible because she knows I get motion sickness. Aren't these teenagers real gems sometimes?! Good thing they are cute and we love them! ;)

I love your Splash photo! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter