A good restaurant for toddlers?

gravel72

Earning My Ears
What restaurants would you recommend us to go to with a 2 ½ year old.

I am looking for any of these, ideally all of them:
-A place where she is distracted by other things, so us adults can eat

-A place where no one notices if she yells, screams and throws food on the floor (Not that it happens all the time, but I would rather prepare for the worst)

-Something more then burgers, fries, and pizza for adults. When I go on vacation, I like try new places and new foods.

Here's what I thought of so far:
Whispering Canyon Café and RainForest Café.

Both are loud and busy atmospheres. Any other suggestions?

-gravel72

Try a character meal, Biergarten (loud buffet with music), Sci Fi (movie screen).

How about these?:

Chef Mickey's (They have "parties about every 30 minutes and the place can be kind of loud...plus the characters come around quite alot) At the Contemporary

Liberty Tree Tavern (Characters make their rounds quite often...it is verrrrry good food and the dessert is even better...{turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, salad, bread, mac& cheese, snap peas, and apple cobbler}) At Magic Kingdom in Liberty Square

1900 Park Fare (Verrrrrrrrry good buffet with food for adults as well as children...characters include Cinderella and her friends...music plays from an interesting contraption in the dining area...is loud with alot of children there) At the Grand Floridian

That's about all I can think of! Besides the ones you listed anyways!

Hope it helps! Have a good time!:wave:

My DD is 3. We are taking her to:
Liberty Tree Tavern
50's Prime Time Cafe
Le Cellier
Tusker House
O'Hanas
Brown Derby
1900 Park Fare
Crystal Palace

I would really have no problem taking her into most of the restaurants at WDW. :)

Our toddlers loved Crystal Palace with the Pooh characters and GOOD food. They did okay at Whispering Canyon, but we were seated outside the main area and they kept wanting to get up and see what was going on. They did surprisingly well at Alfredo's. It's a very noisy place, and we did have some food end up on the floor. Servers were all very nice.

You might want to test your child at a local Rainforest Cafe. Our oldest son FREAKED out at age 2 over the "scary" animals. This is a child who isn't scared of anything. He went on Tower of Terror right after he turned 4 with no problem. I also think the Rainforest Cafe food is mediocre at best.

We had good luck with some counter service--Pizza planet, Cosmic Rays, and Columbia House.

If you want something a little different for yourselves (and you have a car), how about Boma? We took our two young boys in February and it was good for us. There were interesting foods and good drinks for the adults, as well as a kid's buffet.

We also like Crystal Palace and the Cape May Cafe (not fantastic food, but it is very kid friendly & you can walk there from Epcot).

We like buffets because our kids can try some different foods, and if they don't like it there's always the standard kids' fare. Also the under-3 members of the family are free.

Boma does sound like a good place.

That's more along the lines for something I am looking for.

I don't think she would care fpr a character meal yet.

Cape May sounds good too, I'll check into those.

Thanks,

-gravel72

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter