A Grand Tour of The Entire Midwest, But Mostly Wisconsin (UPDATE 11/12--BONUS Texas TR NOW COMPLETE)

A Grand Tour Of The Entire Midwest, But Mostly Wisconsin

If you’ve opened up this trip report, it’s probably for one of the following reasons:

· You followed me here from one of my previous trip reports, and you’re hoping to see some more amazing sights like we’ve seen on our previous trips: Hawaii, the Grand Canyon, or Yellowstone.

· You’re a glutton for punishment.

· You clicked on the link by accident.

· You’re really bored at work.

· Some combination of the latter two.

Some combination of the above and I also lived in Iowa and actually enjoyed it and miss it.

Curious if you ate at culvers while there
That is one of the things I miss since I moved to GA last Christmas time
Discovered Culvers when I moved to KY. The custard is great though they depend too heavily on the use of pecans in the flavor of the day.:crazy2:

Oooooo...
A shiny new TR to abuse... errrr... I mean... to read.
Yeah, that's it... read.

:welcome: So maybe I'm the glutton for punishment?

Cool! I'm glutton for punishment!

Oh, never mind. Alison is.

:welcome:

There are some cool places in Wisconsin. Living North of Chicago, we have visited quite a few. I'm curious to read your take on the area, and maybe get a few ideas...

Just to warn you, it'll be a while before we actually get to Wisconsin. The title is an inside joke. I'll explain it somewhere along the way.

Late night reading! Cool!

:welcome:Liesa! Hope you're enjoying San Francisco!

Like the strong beginning! And I'll be staying tuned (even during the Wisconsin portions... :sad2: As long as there will be no Packers references, okay???) to hear more about this mole business...

:welcome: Karin! Sorry, I think the Packers might make an appearance. You'll have to counteract that with a family of Vikings fans somewhere along the way.:rolleyes1

Totally in!

:welcome: Alicia!

I'll pick "glutton for punishment" for the win!

I knew it! That's ok, as long as I get the page views.

Um, I mean... :welcome:

Sounds like home.

Yes. Why do you live there, again?:confused3

Oh, Gawd. Don't I know it.

Oh Gawd!!!

So...much...nothing...

Interesting....
Curiosity piqued.

Eh, it's just a cheap trick to keep you reading.

Dun, dun, dunnnnnnn!!!!

Thanks for the soundtrack! Life is better with a soundtrack.

Good looking family!
Did you rent them?

The photo came with the frame.:thumbsup2
:lmao:

If we ever meet, I'll tell you why I think that's so funny.

Sounds good. I put that in there because that's what the guy from 50's Prime Time kept calling me.

And what do you mean, "if"? We'll make it happen. In Disney World. Or when you finally pull off that big Delaware trip you've always wanted to do.

Um.... what???

Simpsons reference.

Mark steps up to the precipice and backs away.

I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid.

Whoa. Dude. Nicely said.

Gotta butter her up.

Wow! Really?

Yeah. Pleading the 5th Amendment.

So... normal teen girl. Check.

Pretty much.

That's not a weakness... that's a universal trait!

:sad2:

::yes::

While we didn't get to meet, I'm really looking forward to reading all about it!

STILL bummed about that. But you'll get a proper shout-out!

Tagging along for the ride

:welcome: and thanks for reading along!

Having lived in Wisconsin my whole life, (did I just admit that), I'm interested in a visitors perspective!!

As I mentioned earlier, it'll be a while before we get to Wisconsin. The title is more of an inside joke. Hope we don't disappoint!

Yuck... this trip report smells like moldy cheese and Old Milwaukee.

Be back later to read.

:welcome: Andy!

And I'm pretty sure that smell is Barry.

Woo-hoo! Another Oblivious family adventure!

:welcome: Wow, you actually said that like you were looking forward to it.

I'm here! I had no idea your family (well, except Drew) was so tall - your 14-year-old daughter is taller than me! :eek: I hope there's lots of cheese during your Wisconsin time. :rotfl: Looking forward to your adventures!

:welcome: Dugette! We don't think of ourselves as tall. More "exceedingly average". And don't worry, there will be cheese!

Colonel Mustard in the library with the candlestick?

Close. Roll again. And :welcome: CJ!

Smart move on the suspect descriptions. Obviously this isn't your first rodeo. And isn't Julie's a.k.a. also Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mommy, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom. MOM!

Good point. That was too much to type.

Watching because it is always fun to see the places others go when in Wisconsin. Being I live here and don't get around much, I am sure I don't even know of half the places you will go. You will have to let me know if you end up in the Madison-Betroit(Beloit)-Monroe triangular area. We could meet up for a dads meet.

:welcome: We didn't make it to Madison. It was Racine, Appleton, and Green Bay.

Any trip report that includes Wisconsin, I have to read

Curious if you ate at culvers while there

Oh, there will be Culver's. There will be a whole mess of Culver's.

That is one of the things I miss since I moved to GA last Christmas time

Not that i lived in WI but lived one mile from pleasant prairie

So I am in for the ride!

Thanks for reading along!

Hi.

:welcome: Randall!

You're saying this like it's a bad thing? :confused3

Can you imagine having to stare at a farm field, day after day? I don't know anybody who could put up with that.

Yes... he certainly excels there.

::yes::

I can't think of a more likely suspect than Scotty.

It's always the one you least suspect.:rolleyes1

Joining in! Looking forward to another report.

:welcome: Glenn!

Can't wait!

:welcome: aboard!

Some combination of the above and I also lived in Iowa and actually enjoyed it and miss it.

Well, you'll definitely want to make sure you don't miss the Iowa portion.

Seriously, if you blink you might miss it.

Discovered Culvers when I moved to KY. The custard is great though they depend too heavily on the use of pecans in the flavor of the day.:crazy2:

I have yet to find anything that is improved by adding pecans.:crazy2: Or really, any kind of nuts. Why ruin a perfectly good dessert by adding nuts?

:welcome: Shawn!

Yes. Why do you live there, again?:confused3

No earthquakes. No hurricanes, very few tornadoes, an obscene amount of sunshine and too stupid to move where it's warmer.

So...much...nothing...

But it's fun to watch people's eyes glaze over.
If yours weren't doing the same, I mean.

Eh, it's just a cheap trick to keep you reading.

TR ruined.

The photo came with the frame.:thumbsup2

Knew it.

And what do you mean, "if"? We'll make it happen. In Disney World. Or when you finally pull off that big Delaware trip you've always wanted to do.

I stand corrected. I sit corrected. I lie... but never in my TRs.

I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid.

stupider

Gotta butter her up.

Whoa. What you guys do in the privacy of your bedroom is your business.

Besides. The camera picks up all that stuff.

If you’ve opened up this trip report, it’s probably for one of the following reasons:

· You followed me here from one of my previous trip reports, and you’re hoping to see some more amazing sights like we’ve seen on our previous trips: Hawaii, the Grand Canyon, or Yellowstone.

Well - something like this. I believe your Colorado/Yellowstone report caught my eye and I read through that last month. Enjoyed it thoroughly and decided to read the others (including the NYC trip). It was obviously too late to join in the fun on those reports and realized you would probably be writing a new tr soon, so I have been stalk…errr….patiently waiting for your next installment to de-lurk.

After reading your other reports back to back, and then seeing the first family photo of this trip…..my have your kids grown. I know it happens, but when reading a report with you carrying Drew in your favorite backpack…and then seeing a toddler…whoa.

Looking forward to reading about your latest adventure. DH and I enjoy road trips and want to start planning trips to visit as much as we can while we can still enjoy a good hike, etc. On our road trips, we will forego the PB&J’s – I reserve that for Disney when I decide there is nothing on the menu for me and I’ll just take a qs uncrustable at an unreasonable price!

Jen

Hmmmm. whats the mission: Tour the diaper place? Have a cheese fetish? Get beer.....wait, your mission is to drink a lot of beer, eat a lot of cheese, and need.... :crazy2:

Bring on the punishment - I'll be watching from Minnesota.

Early on, we learned that we had a spy in our midst. A saboteur. Yes, even in this close-knit family, one of us was hiding a deep, dark secret. One of us was a mole.

uh oh Isn't that what you said when Julie was pregnant with Drew? :scared1:

maxresdefault.jpg

So that what those creepy things that are digging up my yard look like. :crazy2:

Those are the suspects. Which one is the spy?

Hmmmmm- Still going with Julie.

Sorry I'm so late to the party.........it's has been a busy few days.........okay, weeks! :scared:

I will second that, but for me, it has been months.

Glad to be here!!!!! I must be a glutton for punishment, since your reports are brightness I need to deal with my job. :rolleyes:

Well Next time you are in the area. :car:

Sounds like a plan!
Following along.:flower1:
Judy

:welcome: Judy!

No earthquakes. No hurricanes, very few tornadoes, an obscene amount of sunshine and too stupid to move where it's warmer.

You almost had me ready to move until that last part.

But it's fun to watch people's eyes glaze over.
If yours weren't doing the same, I mean.

Huh? What? Sorry, I kind of zoned out there.

TR ruined.

Well, that was quick. Usually I get into the first chapter at least.

I stand corrected. I sit corrected. I lie... but never in my TRs.

I don't lie. I just forget stuff from time to time.

Takes one to know one. So there.

Whoa. What you guys do in the privacy of your bedroom is your business.

Besides. The camera picks up all that stuff.

Ew.

Well - something like this. I believe your Colorado/Yellowstone report caught my eye and I read through that last month. Enjoyed it thoroughly and decided to read the others (including the NYC trip). It was obviously too late to join in the fun on those reports and realized you would probably be writing a new tr soon, so I have been stalk…errr….patiently waiting for your next installment to de-lurk.

:welcome: Jen! Feel free to stalk away!

After reading your other reports back to back, and then seeing the first family photo of this trip…..my have your kids grown. I know it happens, but when reading a report with you carrying Drew in your favorite backpack…and then seeing a toddler…whoa.

Man, you're not kidding. It's happening way, way too fast! Crazy.

And you read the other reports back-to-back? I'm putting you in the "glutton for punishment" category.

Looking forward to reading about your latest adventure. DH and I enjoy road trips and want to start planning trips to visit as much as we can while we can still enjoy a good hike, etc. On our road trips, we will forego the PB&J’s – I reserve that for Disney when I decide there is nothing on the menu for me and I’ll just take a qs uncrustable at an unreasonable price!

It's helpful in a pinch! Some of these places are pretty remote.

Sorry I'm so late to the party.........it's has been a busy few days.........okay, weeks! :scared:

:welcome: Marv! You're right on time.

Hmmmm. whats the mission: Tour the diaper place? Have a cheese fetish? Get beer.....wait, your mission is to drink a lot of beer, eat a lot of cheese, and need.... :crazy2:

Bring on the punishment - I'll be watching from Minnesota.

:welcome: And don't worry, we start the punishment in your home state.

You are right . . . I am really bored at work today. So here I am. Waiting for more!

:welcome: Well, at least you're honest!

Previous lurker checking in to follow along! Strengths: manicures and reading. Weaknesses: Overestimates written sense of humour (and overall humour, as I've been told), never knows who dunnit.

:welcome:And if "overestimates sense of humor" means you laugh at dumb jokes, you'll be right at home!

uh oh Isn't that what you said when Julie was pregnant with Drew? :scared1:

:welcome: Pat! I don't think I said anything printable when we found out Julie was pregnant.

So that what those creepy things that are digging up my yard look like. :crazy2:

Nasty little buggers. I liked looking at the Cindy Crawford photo a great deal more.

Hmmmmm- Still going with Julie.

:rolleyes1

I will second that, but for me, it has been months.

I'm just glad you're here!

Glad to be here!!!!! I must be a glutton for punishment, since your reports are brightness I need to deal with my job. :rolleyes:

This is all the brightness you get? That's depressing.

That's what I was thinking,

:rolleyes1

I am here! I hope @nodnol will find you, too! She would be able to share a mole picture or two I would think... She does have one favourite mole. I don't think he is part of your family though!

Great start and I am surprised at how tall Sarah is already! She even looks grown up!

I am here! I hope @nodnol will find you, too! She would be able to share a mole picture or two I would think... She does have one favourite mole. I don't think he is part of your family though!

:welcome: Magdalene! I'm glad you found me here. Now you have me intrigued as far as @nodnol 's favorite mole!

Great start and I am surprised at how tall Sarah is already! She even looks grown up!

That's the truth! I can't believe how quickly she's grown. One day I turned around and she was starting high school.

I don't know. Weren't you listening, either?

You're improving!

It's all downhill from here.

Forget what?

Who are you again?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter