A Grand Victorian Holiday: Official VGF Holiday Tree Exchange Thread

I will be buying the tree, so some suggests would be nice.

3-4 feet (I am of the 'Go Big or Go Home' school of thought)

if any see any online, send me the links (and do not be bashful thinking it is too expensive or too cheap)

Perfect! Your Grand tree is fittingly named after the concierge building :)

My family and I are arriving on nov 17. What do we have to do to take part?

Hi kristinmh99,

What is the date of your departure? Also, given your date of arrival, you would need to bring a tree since the exchange begins on November 17th. If you are able to bring and donate a tree, then we could assign it a name and potentially schedule other families to share it after your departure.

Thanks,

Jim 8O

Hi everyone,

Our VGF Holiday Tree Exchange is still in need of families that are arriving at the beginning of the holiday season (i.e., end of November/beginning of December) and willing to donate a tree.

Be among the first families to welcome and celebrate this tradition at VGF!

Thanks,
Jim

We could bring a tree but don't arrive until Dec 14 (split stay 12/14-12/18 BLT and 12/18-12/21 VGF). Let me know.

We could bring a tree but don't arrive until Dec 14 (split stay 12/14-12/18 BLT and 12/18-12/21 VGF). Let me know.

Thank you for offering to donate a tree. Although I sincerely appreciate your willingness to help, we are in need of families that are arriving at the beginning of the holiday season (i.e., end of November/beginning of December) and willing to donate a tree.

Right now, you are scheduled to receive our Conch Key tree :-)

Sorry I've been out of touch for a few days. I believe we can donate a tree. We've never done this before so I need to do some research - size, how this works, etc.

Hi jim,
We leave on nov 23. I just need a little more info regarding this. I am traveling from mass with our daughter who will be 7 months old at the time so I am trying to be organized (lol). What size tree do people bring? Does it have to be decorated? Is it easier to ship to hotel and then pick it up when get there? Any and all info will be helpful. I am very interested in doing this just need more info. Thanks!

Kristinmh99

Hi Jim!

Our family will be staying at the Villas at the Grand Floridian over Christmas Day and we would love to have a tree, if there is one available. We check in on December 23rd and check out on December 27th. We have two young girls (3 & 6) and I had been stressing about how to bring Christmas with us when my husband found this thread. What a fabulous idea!!! Since we are flying down from Canada, we won't have room in our luggage for a tree, but will happily bring some decorations to pass on.

I'll send you a pm with our other info.

Thanks!

Hello Victorian Ladies and Gentlemen,

Thank you for your recent requests and willingness to donate trees. I will update our tree schedule later today.

Thanks,
Jim

Hi jim,

Thanks in advance for organizing this. We have a little tree and im excited to take part in this. I just wanted to make sure that I was on the list seeing that my last post was a little wishy washy.

Kristin

Hi jim,

Thanks in advance for organizing this. We have a little tree and im excited to take part in this. I just wanted to make sure that I was on the list seeing that my last post was a little wishy washy.

Kristin

Hi Kristin,

Thank you for checking in and your willingness to participate and donate a tree :)

I do have your information and will post an updated schedule today.

Jim

Hi everyone,

Detailed below is an updated schedule for our first annual Villas at the Grand Floridian Holiday Tree Exchange.

Tree #1: Sugarloaf Key
Tree to be donated by Jerseyduke
Jerseyduke - December 1st - December 14th
pouncingpluto - December 14th - December 21st
DreamChasers - December 23rd - December 27th
tidefan - December 31st - January 5th

Tree #2: Conch Key
Tree to be donated by SpaceMountain77
SpaceMountain77 - December 8th - December 18th
mulberrybush - December 18th - December 21st

Tree #3: Sago Cay
Tree to be donated by MTW
MTW - December 5th - December 7th
Erineliza38 - December 8th - December 12th
mandjblum - December 12th - December 15th

Dates are still available if you are interested in participating. Sugarloaf Key is available 12/21 - 12/23 and 12/27 - 12/31, Conch Key is available from 12/21 - 1/5, and Sago Cay is available from 12/7 - 12/8 and 12/15 - 1/5.

Please let me know if you would like to reserve one of these available dates.

Thanks,
Jim 8O

Thank you so much for organizing this Jim. And a special "thank you" to Jerseyduke for donating the Sugarloaf Key Tree. I simply cannot express in words how much this means to our family.

Kelli

Hi everyone,

Dates are still available if you are interested in participating!

Sugarloaf Key is available 12/21 - 12/23 and 12/27 - 12/31, Conch Key is available from 12/21 - 1/5, and Sago Cay is available from 12/7 - 12/8 and 12/15 - 1/5.

Thanks,
Jim 8O

Give one of our trees a villa for the holidays. Dates are still available!

Jim 8O

Be a Founding Family! Sign-up today to participate in our first annual holiday tree exchange at the Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

Jim 8O

Hi everyone,

Dates are still available if you are interested in participating!

Sugarloaf Key is available 12/21 - 12/23 and 12/27 - 12/31, Conch Key is available from 12/21 - 1/5, and Sago Cay is available from 12/7 - 12/8 and 12/15 - 1/5.

Thanks,
Jim 8O

Turn your villa into a Victorian winter wonderland! Dates and trees are still available.

Jim 8O

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter