A hidden gem, a cannot miss, and a don't waste your time

Going to be more than one....
Hidden Gem: Cooke's of Dublin, Capt. Grille lunch
Can't miss: CP breakfast, Mama Melrose lunch(as long as they keep the flatbreads on the all day menu) YSH and Puck Xpress DS Marketplace any meal.
Don't Waste my time: Chef's de France & Le Cellier since they have gone to an all day menu. We used to enjoy lunch at both but they took away most of what we lIked when they went all day. Tutto Italia , had better at our local Maggiano's or Carrabba's .

Ah! This is fun!
Hidden Gem: Jiko. Best food and service we've ever had on property (V&A excluded)
Can't Miss: I'm a sucker for the BOATHOUSE...I also love Hoop-Dee-Doo. Such a fun time.
Don't waste my time: Casey's Corner. So. Gross.

For us....

Hidden Gem: Boma
Can't Miss: Biergarten
Don't waste your time: Hollywood and Vine

We like buffets.

Hidden Gem - The Wave (dinnner)
Must Do - OHana (dinner)
Leave it- Chef Mickeys Dinner (crazy loud and sub par food)

Hidden Gem: The Wave(esp. breakfast)
Must visit: Got 2(sorry)50s PTC and San Angel Inn
Don't waste your time: Marrakesh

Our Hidden Gem: Raglan Road

Can't Miss: Cali Grill & Via Napoli

Don't Waste Your Time: Ohana, Coral Reef

These are what my teenagers told me when I asked...

Based off of one trip only...

Hidden Gem: Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner. This was a last minute booking because first trip rookie mistakes, and it was literally the best meal of the trip. It's the only dining reservation that we are repeating when we go back in March.

Can't Miss: Via Napoli. The only reason we're not eating there this trip is that the wife really wanted Le Cellier this trip and it would be too much food for one day.

Don't Waste Your Time: 50's Prime Time Café. My meal was good but not great, and I heard the atmosphere pimped to the nines leading up to the trip but I didn't see it or experience it. Very disappointing.

If you let it go long enough you will find every restaurant on property in every category
There isn't 1 place that is loved by all and isn't 1 hated by all.

That being said the most consistent name so far has been Coral Reef in the Don't Waste Your Time category. But one of my best friends just came back from Disney and loved that meal. Your mileage may definitely vary.

Hidden Gem: Portabello (one of the best italian meals on property!!)
Must Visit: 3-Way Tie---Nine Dragons/BOG Lunch/Chef Mickey
Don't Waste Time: Il Mulino

Hidden Gem: Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar - small plates, nice wine list, quiet & relaxing
Can't Miss: Sanaa - good value, tasty food (bread service alone is superb), good wine list
Skip: Chef Mickey's - crowded, loud, and mediocre food for an exorbitant price

Hidden gem- The Wave
Can't miss - Flying Fish & Shulas
Don't waste your time- Boma for Dinner ties with ESPN

Hidden gem- Mama Melrose
Can't miss - Crystal Palace overall family favorite (Yachtsman for food and service)
Don't waste your time- Coral Reef (nod to Chef Mickey...I think there are better ways to meet the FAB 5...like Character Spot in Epcot, for instance)

Hidden Gem - WPE
Can't miss - Ohana dinner, HDDR
Don't waste your time - CM, Casey's Corner

Hidden Gem : High Tea at the GF
Must : Wow this is hard. I have so many that are must on my list. just one Crystal Palace or Boma. It's a toss up. Also every Trip we try to do a Signature restaurant. Like Jiko, Narcosse's, or Artist Point.
Skip : Many of the Breakfast Buffets. Like HW&V, CM, 1900 Park Fare. Have a Chocolate Croissant instead.

Last edited:
Just curious...why not Ample Hills? It wasn't open the last time we were there and we're planning on trying it in January....

I'd like to know that too. How can you screw up ice cream?
We're planning to go there for dessert next week after most of our table service meals. The ice cream flavors sound fabulous! More info, please.

Hidden Gem: Tangerine Cafe

Can’t Miss: Flying Fish

Don’t Waste Your Time: Hollywood & Vine

Hidden Gem - Trattoria al Forno
Must visit - Jiko
Our skip - The Plaza

Hidden Gem - The Wave lounge. This is our favorite spot after a hectic morning at Magic Kingdom. Hop one monorail stop over and enjoy a quiet, air conditioned spot with good bar food and drinks. There have been several times we are the only ones in there at lunch!

Must Visit - AKL restaurants. We tend to switch off between Sanaa and Jiko depending on how casual/dressy we're feeling. Both have fantastic food and service.

Don't waste your time - Kona Cafe. Both of our entrees were cold and unappetizing. Service was just ok. Plus I'm not overly impressed by the theming. To me, it looks like your typical hotel restaurant. The Poly has such great theming elsewhere that Kona looks underwhelming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter