A hidden gem, a cannot miss, and a don't waste your time

Hidden gem: Mama Melrose
Must Visit: Be Our Guest breakfast: for the ambiance and PPO benefit and only on dining plan
Don't waste your time: Coral Reef long waits, awful food, dessert was delicious though

Just curious...why not Ample Hills? It wasn't open the last time we were there and we're planning on trying it in January....

DH & I both found the ice cream we ordered (2 flavors each, 4 flavors total) to be very dry & mealy. I tried the pretzel one & the peppermint patty one, DH had the coffee one & one I can't recall (sorry I don't know their exact names) & they all seemed very tasteless & flat. We were disappointed because I had read several reviews of how great the ice cream was & we were not impressed at all.

We got take out from Beaches & Cream a few nights later & that was off the charts good, mint chocolate chip w/ chocolate sprinkles-perfection!!

Hidden gem: Artist Point.
Must Visit: 'Ohana
Don't waste your time (until I have kids someday): Chef Mickey's

Hidden Gem: Whispering Canyon
Must Visit: Ohana
Don't waste your time: Cinderella's Royal Table (Go to Norway instead!)

Hidden Gen: Tangerine Cafe
Must Visit: We have 3 Ohana (usually twice in one trip. First night and last night) Yak & Yeti & Teppan Edo
Don't waste your time: Whispering Canyon/Chef Mickeys

Hidden Gem: The Wave
Must Do: Yorkshire County Fish and 50s PT Cafe (awesome allergy friendly fried chicken!)
Don't Waste Your Time: Hollywood & Vine and Whispering Canyon

Hidden Gem: Kona Cafe
Must Do: Via Napoli
Don't Waste Your Time: Be Our Guest Breakfast

Hidden gem: Garden Grill
Must Visit: Sci-Fi Dine-In
Don't waste your time: Mama Melrose and Boatwright's

Hidden Gem- California Grill SUNDAY BRUNCH
Must Visit- Ohana Breakfast, Jiko, Narcoosee's (couldn't be helped)
Don't Waste Your Time- 1900 Park Fare Dinner

Hidden gem: Garden Grove at the Swan resort Seafood Sensation buffet on Friday and Saturday nights

Must Do: Ohana for dinner

Don't waste your time (unless you love all your food heavily doused with cinnamon): Boma

DH & I both found the ice cream we ordered (2 flavors each, 4 flavors total) to be very dry & mealy. I tried the pretzel one & the peppermint patty one, DH had the coffee one & one I can't recall (sorry I don't know their exact names) & they all seemed very tasteless & flat. We were disappointed because I had read several reviews of how great the ice cream was & we were not impressed at all.

We got take out from Beaches & Cream a few nights later & that was off the charts good, mint chocolate chip w/ chocolate sprinkles-perfection!!

I can believe that Ample Hill's may have had an issue and produced a mealy product. Some graininess is a hazard with homemade recipes because of larger ice crystals forming. Grocery store ice cream uses serious churning devices and additives to smooth things and I'm not sure how AH makes their recipes. They should be QC-ing the product, though.

I'm sure it was fine but I'm going to have to disagree with Edy's being "off the charts good". That's crazy talk! :crazy:

Hidden Gem: TS Rose and Crown (How have we missed this all of these years?) QS Kringla Bakeri sandwiches

Must Do's: TS 1900 Park Fare Breakfast QS CHH

Skip: QS ABC Commissary

These posts have been great! Even though we will never all agree, I gleaned some ideas for restaurants I hadn't thought of trying before and am going to stay away from a couple that were mentioned.

Hidden Gem... The restaurants at the Swan/Dolphin
Can't Miss Boathouse
Don't Bother... it's very close. 1st place goes to LeCellier with Nine Dragons close behind.

Hidden Gem: Trattoria al Forno
Must Visit: Wolfgang Puck Express
Don't waste your time: ABC Commissary

Thank you! Good to know. We carried out from B/C too last time and it was good. I must say that we got hooked on the ice cream place in France.

Hidden Gem: The Wave
Must Do: Yorkshire County Fish and 50s PT Cafe (awesome allergy friendly fried chicken!)
Don't Waste Your Time: Hollywood & Vine and Whispering Canyon

Allergy-friendly as in gluten-free??

Hidden gem - Beaches & Cream - not the food but the kitchen sink ice cream.
Can't miss - Yachtsman Steakhouse
Don't waste a dining credit - Ohana

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter