A holiday tale, a tale that's quite COMPLETE!!!....Halloween 2012!

What a special breakfast :goodvibes You've definitely convinced me to do that one next time :thumbsup2

You won't regret it! We have done it twice now and it looks like we will be doing it in September too!!!

It must have been a bit weird to see IASW with no water! At least it still has all the pretty topiaries though.

I loved looking through the Disney gallery when we were there. I could have spent hours in there, and even DH enjoyed it. We bought 2 prints which we have yet to hang.

Great idea to see Wreck-It Ralph at Downtown Disney :thumbsup2 I enjoyed it when it did finally come out in Australia. And you can buy nachos at the movies? Awesome!

It was certainly strange to see Small World with no water. As it turns out, it's not the only ride we saw without water........stay tuned for that story, it' a doozy!!!
I love the Disney gallery too! So much detail to take in. You will have to take a pic of your pics when you hang them! And yes, Nachos! DD was beside herself but we didn't get any but there's always next time:thumbsup2

And there's more!

Looks like you had a great day shopping at South Coast Plaza. I thought it was more of a high-end centre, so glad to hear that it has budget-friendly places too. I'm sure Mum will be keen on doing some shopping when we go next year, so I will have to start getting more acquainted with what's around!

Can't wait to see your brekky pics with a certain mouse :thumbsup2

Yes, a great day shopping! I had been searching for The Nightmare Before Christmas Monopoly and we found it there! It's just so cool. In fact I got TNBC Yahtzee and Uno this trip! South Coast Plaza does have a lot of high end stores, but it also has Sears ( love this store!!! ), Macy's, the Disney Store and lots of others. We really enjoyed it and have been twice now! I will go every time just to go to my favourite little French cafe.......yummo!!! And the next post is going to be huge as I took so many photo's as I had the new camera with me!

Just did a catch read :) I feel for Laura as I didn't love the spiders in the Bug show but I wasn't that bad poor dear!

Totally jealous of all your character pics!! I didn't know about the party outfits and that all of the characters walked around in their costumes at the ranch! Oh well an excuse to go back at Halloween ;)

I love that Laura met Timon, we fluked meeting Rafiki walking around Disneyland hotel on Halloween morning :)

We saw Wreck-it Ralph on the same day, great Aussies minds ;) but we were up at El Capitan with our popcorn tubs so we didn't try out the candy bar. Another thing to add to the next time list!

I love the photos you've posted Sue, if you don't mind I may need to use a few for my photo book I'm making during the school holidays as its hard to remember to take them on a first visit lol

Can't wait to read along!!

Nice to see you Sam!!!:wave2:

We do love ourselves a good character pic! We have a list for this year. I swear if DD doesn't get to see the White Rabbit or Pocahontas soon she will explode!!! We also saw Roger Rabbit was out for Easter so now she wants to see him too! I don't like her chances:laughing:
And I am flattered that you would like to use some of my pictures! That is totally fine from one Disney fan to another!!! I have lots more to come!!!

Thanks for coming along:)

I agree. Photobucket can be a P-A-I-N sometimes. Looking forward to looking at all the photos later on! Sound's like you enjoyed your character breakfast! Judging by the description I am guessing DD got to meet Rafiki?! I was lucky enough to snap a pick with him on our trip. He was out on mainstreet one morning with a few other unusual characters.

Hi Cass:wave2:

Close to Rafiki, it was Timon! We got lots of new characters this trip so were very lucky! One of my faves was Dug from Up. He was so cute and made noises!

Great updates! Love the look of the French Onion Soup and Roast Beef Sandwich .... I'm feeling like a midnight snack now! :rotfl2:

Trust me, I would walk on hot coals for that soup!!!! I can't wait to go back in September....................mmmmmmmm!!!!!!

YAY loving the updates!

I have my time booked! New ticker

YAY for a new ticker!!!

Love all the detail and pics!So much fun

Hi there and thanks for coming along! Glad you are enjoying the report and I love taking pictures and it's nice to know others enjoy them too:goodvibes

Yay, the pictures are back! Kudos to your DD!

I have been riding that carousel in South Coast Plaza since I was tiny! I need to take my kids on it again before the little ones get too big.

Love that your DD got to see Timon. Worth the price of breakfast right tehre.

PHXscuba

That carousel was gorgeous! It wasn't fully functional yet as they were just starting to decorate for Christmas. The time with Timon was priceless, she just loved him! I'd hate to think what she would do if there was ever a Simba or a Scar character..................I'd have to pick her up off the floor:lmao:

And she is a smart cookie figuring out how to fix the pictures! I don't know where she gets it from:rotfl:

I am really enjoying your trip report, Minnie Sue, looks like you had an absolutely brilliant time. Please tell me that you got to meet Jack Skellington!?

Hi and thanks so much for coming along! I am so glad you are enjoying the report:goodvibes We really did have the most amazing time and talk about the trip every day! And as for Mr Skellington..................stay tuned!!!

Your DD's stormtrooper shirt is hilarious. That guy is actually Ross Lynch.

We got loads of comments on that shirt! It really is very clever! And I had never heard of Ross Lynch................I had to look him up!!! I think I am just old!!!!

Yes, a great day shopping! I had been searching for The Nightmare Before Christmas Monopoly and we found it there! It's just so cool. In fact I got TNBC Yahtzee and Uno this trip!

OMG I want TNBC Monopoly! I have the original, a classic Disney version, and a Pixar version, as well as a 'Horseopoly' and a version Dad bought me from Indianapolis. The only other Disney version game I have is Disney Trivial Pursuit, which no one will play with me :lmao:

OMG I want TNBC Monopoly! I have the original, a classic Disney version, and a Pixar version, as well as a 'Horseopoly' and a version Dad bought me from Indianapolis. The only other Disney version game I have is Disney Trivial Pursuit, which no one will play with me :lmao:

I will take a pic of Jack Monopoly for you!!! We have about 10 fifferent Disney trivia games and lucky DD is happy to play. :goodvibes
I will FINALLY be getting some much needed time to myself this weekend and I will be finishing this report................stay tuned!!!popcorn:::):yay:

:cheer2: Yay, you're back! Looking forward to hearing the rest of your tale... no pressure! ;)

Sometimes our non-Disney life gets in the way of our obsession! :rotfl:

I will take a pic of Jack Monopoly for you!!! We have about 10 fifferent Disney trivia games and lucky DD is happy to play. :goodvibes
I will FINALLY be getting some much needed time to myself this weekend and I will be finishing this report................stay tuned!!!popcorn:::):yay:

That would be awesome :thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

Love it, it would be nice to have so many days to explore. I am getting worried about doing what we want to do in 3 to 3.5 days. Been reading trip reports to "study up" on the lay of the land, and I like finding ones with teen/tween girls like mine!

We will definitely be going to Build A Bear. My girls have bunches...we are slowing up but can't pass up the chance to get one at Disneyland! Honestly, over the years, they have gotten more play out of them than any other toys. It's been worth it.

:cheer2: Yay, you're back! Looking forward to hearing the rest of your tale... no pressure! ;)

Sometimes our non-Disney life gets in the way of our obsession! :rotfl:

On the way! Thanks for sticking around!!!

That would be awesome :thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

I must get this report finished as I want to start the pre trippy! Thanks for staying on!

Love it, it would be nice to have so many days to explore. I am getting worried about doing what we want to do in 3 to 3.5 days. Been reading trip reports to "study up" on the lay of the land, and I like finding ones with teen/tween girls like mine!

We will definitely be going to Build A Bear. My girls have bunches...we are slowing up but can't pass up the chance to get one at Disneyland! Honestly, over the years, they have gotten more play out of them than any other toys. It's been worth it.

Thanks so much for reading along! Yes, we have been blessed to have so many Disney days! We are back again in September for 2 weeks of nothing but Disneyland, Disneyland and more Disneyland. I really cannot get enough! But, any time is good time and I am sure you will have a ball!:thumbsup2
Build A Bear is just so much fun and even I am looking forward to making a new friend to bring home! It's become a mother/daughter tradition now!

Great TR so far!!

Thanks so much, more to come!

DAY 13 - MONDAY 5th November

A bit of sleep in today as we had a reservation for breakfast with Minnie and friends at 9:40am. The usual fare for breakfast and as always, lots of characters plus our favourite mouse in the world!

I love the buttons!

Fairy Godmother

Everyone's favourite bear

The breakfast...

With miss Minnie herself!

The Captain was there......

And the cheeky chipmunks..........

I had the new camera with me today, so lots of round the park snaps were taken.

This is one of my favourites and is going to be made into a canvas to go in the Castle collection I have started hanging on our wall.

The photopass photographer took a pic on my camera too!

We made our way over to have a pic taken with Tink and friends! After waiting around 20 minutes DD had her photo with Tink and Periwinkle was there also.

It was then off for our first ride of the day, Alice!

Continued.................

DAY 13.......Continued!

Another one of my favourites pics!

I forgot to mention we just had to get a Fastpass for Star Tours after our breakfast...............could she be the Rebel Spy THIS time!!!???

And we musn't be late!!!

After riding Alice, we went back over to ride Star Tours and met a princess along the way!

The ride had no wait at all, but used the FP's anyway! And did she get to be the Rebel Spy this time................No. Nope. Not.:confused3

It was then off to the Jungle Cruise.

We ended up being seated in the middle section which we didn't really like much and I didn't even get the camera out! We then grabbed a FP for Splash. I am not a huge fan of this ride and quite simply, I hate getting wet! I really don't mind if it's the middle of summer, but not in the cold! But, as we were doing everthing at least once, who was I to say no! We then went down to ride Pooh!
It was then off for another baked potato for lunch! The sailing ship Columbia was docked right behind where we were sitting.

[

The area is quite good for picture taking!

Oh and there was cart just chock o block with Jack merchandise near us too!

And seeing as we were so close, we really couldn't walk past my Mansion without having a ride now could we???!!!

I really do love photographing the park.................

Our next ride of the day was Big Thunder.

Continued................

DAY 13 Continued...............

As I mentioned earlier, I love taking pictures in the park. What I especially loved was the new camera and some of the images I was able to capture..............

This is another in my favourite file!

We rode the Mark Twain and then it was another Yo Ho with the pirates!

Had a bit of a wander around and just had to do Star Tours ..........again! And what was that I hear you ask.....................Rebel Spy, oh, they have one of those on every voayage you say....................well NOT for DD on this one!!!!!

We met this guy on the way out!

And this little lady too!

Sweets anyone?!

And how about a ride on the Omnibus?! And a pic with the driver too!!!

We took orselves off to the French Market as I had asked some people that I saw with a Jack coffin where they got it from as I just had to have one! The roast beef sandwich was just yummy and the mousse was delicious!!!

We finished the night off with Peter Pan and Buzz. Another great day.:cloud9:

Some really great photos. Especially love the new addition to your Castle collection. Your new camera is working a treat.

Love all the great park photos! That's the great thing about a longer trip -- you don't feel rushed through taking photos.

And the Minnie shirts you are both wearing at the Minnie breakfast -- perfect!

PHXscuba

I love your photos from this trip! I love the idea of a castle wall - I might have to steal that one :thumbsup2 And the Jack coffin meal looks awesome!

This is good so far!! Girl reminds me of a stuffed pooh I've had since I was a baby. I'll be 18 later this month but I still sleep with him and goes on my trips.

Loving your update Sue. Your photos are beautiful, I especially like seeing the ones later on in the day as the sun is going down, I love this time of the day, and Disneyland at night :thumbsup2

The coffin chocolate mousse looks awesome! Hope they have that when we visit at Halloween time this year!

Loved the photos of the castle reflected in the water too.

Enjoy your next trip, we are now going to WDW since FD has come out, but will still read along with this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter