A little less housekeeping would be nice

And I am seriously going to be upset if there is not segment on Twisty Treats finally opening! That needs a vlog for sure! Ryno and Craig like ice cream right?

Well, they did review the candy corn ice cream at the Halloween party (said it was underwhelming ... so, you know, just like actual candy corn)

First time poster, long time lurker and listener - had to jump in here! I love the podcast and listen every week. I have no issues with them promoting Dreams or upcoming trips, it's an affiliated business, they're very transparent about everything, and you gotta earn that money! The plugging of upcoming shows is what started to get a little long for me, I already listen to them regardless of knowing the topics. I thought the way Pete handled it this week was great! Maybe even post a list on the website, or on the facebook page each week instead. Or just have 1 person go through the list in about 1 minute instead of going around the table. Thanks for everything you all do and keep up the great work!

Just wanted to say welcome to the boards!

The problem still is for the people that don't watch it. More people listen to the podcast than watch it.

Where are you getting this from? I thought the last analysis was the exact opposite?

I assume that using the DU, and other affiliated corporate logos, would fall under the fair use U.S. trademark law. But, I am not sure their logos are registered trademarks (the logos I've seen suggest they aren't).

Where are you getting this from? I thought the last analysis was the exact opposite?
Realistically, there's not really any way for them to know for sure who is listening and who is watching. Just because someone pulls up the YouTube video doesn't mean they are watching. Numerous times, I've turned on a YouTube video in the car and had it playing through the speakers while I'm driving. So I'm listening but I would get counted as watching.

Realistically, there's not really any way for them to know for sure who is listening and who is watching. Just because someone pulls up the YouTube video doesn't mean they are watching. Numerous times, I've turned on a YouTube video in the car and had it playing through the speakers while I'm driving. So I'm listening but I would get counted as watching.

Same here.

Not at all, they need to cater for their biggest audience, and ensure it also works well for a secondary audience. I would argue that the video adds to the show, but not getting into that one. That is not why they made it video - Dustin was brought into the team years ago to turn it into a video show as it had been Pete's plan for a while, and was a dream of Bob Varley's since the podcast began (as has been said in a couple of shows, Dustin created a model of the studio in the Sims, and researched what equipment would be needed). Pete only then invested in the equipment, once they had decided to go video. They will never go back to audio-only, non-live (for the WDW show anyway). Its not the fact that they read the info out that we're all commenting on, its the time it takes. I have never said they should stop reading the show list out, just that there could be a quicker way of giving the information, and a graphic could enhance that.

I don't really care why they made it video I don't think it works as a video showing most of the time thats why I listen to it on the auoid version of it. I don't really see what people complained about in the beginning of the thread the thred at all and I don't like them giving in to the few pole that did. Ysre house keeping could have used some tweaks but getting rid of all of it was stupid.

Yep, me too thanks to an unlimited data plan. I turn them on and drop it in a cup holder. Really besides seeing what they are wearing there isn't a need to "watch." The few graphics on the TV are nice...but hardly necessary to follow the show. It's perfect for my commute and no guilt for ignoring my ever growing todo list.

I assume that using the DU, and other affiliated corporate logos, would fall under the fair use U.S. trademark law. But, I am not sure their logos are registered trademarks (the logos I've seen suggest they aren't).
?????

I'm not sure they are trademarked, but it would certainly be frowned upon to be using the logos etc. But not sure why you'd want to use them anyway, or what prompted this post tbh...

I don't really care why they made it video I don't think it works as a video showing most of the time thats why I listen to it on the auoid version of it. I don't really see what people complained about in the beginning of the thread the thred at all and I don't like them giving in to the few pole that did. Ysre house keeping could have used some tweaks but getting rid of all of it was stupid.
Well that is your opinion, and I respect that. I, and clearly 30k+ other people like watching the video show (and i'm sure a lot of others just listen too.) The OP of this thread created it to provide feedback about the length of House Keeping, as it was getting a bit too long. They didn't give in, Pete just made some changes as a trial. Thats how this sort of show has to run, its all trial and error. They haven't got rid of housekeeping all together...... (they just spent a bit of time talking about the eclipse in the most recent episode, so cut housekeeping down.)

?????

I'm not sure they are trademarked, but it would certainly be frowned upon to be using the logos etc. But not sure why you'd want to use them anyway, or what prompted this post tbh...

Let's just say that whenever I cut and pasted corporate logos for my own personal use, it drew the ire of that company before it went to legal; a lesson learned.

Let's just say that whenever I cut and pasted corporate logos for my own personal use, it drew the ire of that company before it went to legal; a lesson learned.
If you are referring to the graphic suggestion I created and posted here on the boards, it was only an example and not for my own personal use/financial gain. I am not using them for anything, they are meerly an example of the idea to give some context to my (and others') suggestions here on this thread. If the DIS/DU want to remove my example graphic pics, they are more than welcome.

So I was thinking about an alternative to listing all of the shows on the podcast. They could do it as part of the daily fix on Mondays or maybe just have a separate one they put out on the main feed.

I agree with this. Sometimes I listen as I fall asleep and then it plays others in a loop. I always tend to wake up when the videos stop so the loop helps. Lately I have also taken to listening on my I-Pod while getting my walk in. Maybe we can do a survey on this so they have an idea of numbers for these two groups. Another thing I have done in the past is chat during the live show but mute volume. (heck I'm desperate for things to listen to while walking) How does the numbers work when the show is live? I used to find it hard to focus on the show when chatting. Sometimes I have even signed into the chat and left it playing so I can read through chat when I get home.

He was a boy
It was a house
Can I make it any more obvious

He worked in paint
The house was plain
What more can I say

He wanted work
House'll never say
It secretly wanted paint as well

But all of the rooms
Sealed up their lips
They had a problem with his paint chips

He was a P8r boi
House said see you later boi
He wasn't good enough for it

House had solid bones
But it's head was in the twilight zone
it needed to come back down to earth

This made my night!! Thank you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter