A little of this, a little of that, WDW US IOA SeaWorld Legoland Oct 12 PTR

Grrrr. So SIL has their schedule. And of course, everything I've scheduled from Wed-Mon has to be redone. Including them deciding on no MNSSHP (which means no Pirate League needed) they've decided not to go to Universal either.

This has been such a craptastic week (homeowners insurance canceled, repairs on everything, everyone on vacation at work but me and then today a 3 hour doctor/hospital visit resulting in a CT scan with 2 rounds of contrast and 5 tubes of blood)

I'm ready for a nap.

But, it will be okay. I basically get to replan my trip all over again. I love planning trips. :thumbsup2

YAY for Double Digits!!

:cool1::cool1::dance3::dance3::cool1::cool1:

Boo for Dr's visits! :sad2::sad1::guilty:

And wow...your SIL is crazy...:crazy2: JK..I just wanted to use another smiley face!! LOL!! :lmao:

Well, good luck with your re-planning....bummer about MNSSHP and Pirate's League...but it DOES save some money for souvenirs!:thumbsup2

I'm sorry for all of your stress! We've had a similar time in the last few months with unexpected expenses which may end up costing us our August trip. (Although we just had a great trip so I can't complain at all). You have lots of hugs and sympathy from me! :love:

It all comes at once, doesn't it?

And wow...your SIL is crazy...:crazy2: JK..I just wanted to use another smiley face!! LOL!! :lmao:

Well, good luck with your re-planning....bummer about MNSSHP and Pirate's League...but it DOES save some money for souvenirs!:thumbsup2

SIL isn't crazy. Really, I promise. I'm very lucky. She just doesn't have an idea what it's like to plan a big trip for a lot of people, and do it early enough to get what you want scheduled, you know? Also, I think they are trying to do as cheap a trip as possible (they aren't going to Universal, which really surprises me. They love HP)

Okay, so taking into account my SILs wishes, here's how I revamped everything. Again. ;)

Oct 14: sleep in since we arrive late the night before. Late breakfast at 1900 Park Fare (a first for us) DTD to pick up Babycakes snacks maybe, maybe a swim before a rest time and then MNSSHP that night.

Oct 15: DHS, Fantasmic Pkg at Mama Melrose (also a first)

Oct 16: AK. Early breakfast at Tusker House (also a first!) and dinner at Rainforest Cafe (DD's choice)

Oct 17: Epcot. Kids YES class. F&WF for lunch. Meeting newly arrive Brother, SIL and Nephew for dinner at Chef Mickeys

Oct 18: SIL said she had made my nephew a promise to do something (which I have no idea what it is???) and so they wanted this to be family day. That's fine. We'll go to Seaworld. We're all meeting for dinner that night at Trex (DS's choice)

Oct 19: MK with SIL and nephew. Brother will join us later. We'll do CS stuff for lunch and dinner

Oct 20: AK, dinner with just mom and my kids at Whispering Canyon.

Oct 21: SIL requested a day off. Let me tell you how much this KILLS my OCD. I can't imagine having a whole day in Orlando without going somewhere. So, as of now, we've scheduled a pool//lazy river hop day at Bonnet Creek for the kids. I have Girodanos gift certificates for pizza for dinner. SIL is teaching all day, and will just join us for dinner.

Oct 22: DHS with brother and nephew. SIL will join us for dinner again. They only have QS dining plan. DHS is a TERRIBLE place for me to eat with food allergies, so I made reservations for my kids, mom and I at Sci Fi.

Oct 23: Brother, SIL and nephew leave early this morning. We're heading to MK with my mom for a surprise for her: breakfast in the castle. She LOVED Akershus, so I thought we'd show her the other side of the princesses :) I don't even think she knows you can eat there! Dinner tonight is my mom's request, Ohana.

Oct 24: Universal IOA to see HP, dinner somewhere CityWalk (Nascar, Hard Rock, Margaritaville)

Oct 25: Universal Studios, dinner CityWalk again, or maybe one of our favorite Orlando haunts Cafe Tu Tu Tango

Oct 26: Legoland, and our last first of the trip, since I canceled Pirates League and the second MNSSHP, we are going to Hoop De Doo!

Oct 27, pack up, start the long trip home :(

A couple of things about our revamped plans:

My mom's second choice of meals, Coral Reef, just can't happen. We're only going to have one full day at Epcot. That's it :(

However, we'll still have one full day on our ticket left, as we have 8 day tickets and only 7 days scheduled. I'm thinking about possibly heading to Epcot for a few hours on our last day after check out. Or we could even head there for a few rides and Illuminations on our pool hop day.

It sounds like you've made a great plan while working around a lot of requests. I'm impressed!

Amanda

It's Bugs Life movie night!

Menu and activity sheet
ry%3D400

Table
ry%3D400

Place setting
ry%3D400

Minnie in her bug antennae holding the movie
ry%3D400

DS painting his bug catcher
ry%3D400

DD with hers
ry%3D400

What's better for bugs than picnic food? What's better for Mom than to not have to cook after a very long, crappy week :)
ry%3D400

Dirt and worms for dessert, made by DS
ry%3D400

Finished suncatchers. DS's kit had dried paint, so he used craft paint we had already, only it wasn't suncatcher paint like we thought :(
ry%3D400

Catching bugs. Not so much a great idea when it's 103 (and has been for weeks) and it hasn't rained at our house since May 4th. Not many bugs to be found.
ry%3D400

This makes me laugh. She had been at the pool all day, is dressed like a crazy person, is tired and cranky, and I'm shoving her outside to search for bugs :lmao:
ry%3D400

Sounds like even with a wrench thrown in your plans, you've managed to make the best of it! I think your plans sound good.

Bummer about not being able to get to Coral Reef. I'm in the same boat, my kids have been discussing our next trip and they've already requested to have breakfast at 'Ohana, CP, and Tusker House... whoa! We usually do just ONE breakfast on our trip, I don't think we can handle three! I've told them we may not be able to do all the things they want, but I've started a "wish list" and we'll see what we can do!

It sounds like you've made a great plan while working around a lot of requests. I'm impressed!

Another brilliant movie night! I need to hang out at your house more often. :lmao:

Did you see how I gave everyone a heads up on facebook this time? So tired of everyone going "Why didn't you invite me?" :lmao:

Sounds like even with a wrench thrown in your plans, you've managed to make the best of it! I think your plans sound good.

Bummer about not being able to get to Coral Reef. I'm in the same boat, my kids have been discussing our next trip and they've already requested to have breakfast at 'Ohana, CP, and Tusker House... whoa! We usually do just ONE breakfast on our trip, I don't think we can handle three! I've told them we may not be able to do all the things they want, but I've started a "wish list" and we'll see what we can do!

I hate doing the breakfasts. I'm so not a morning person. I only have 2 scheduled, and I'm really considering dumping Tusker House so we can save money and sleep :)

So the kids and I got a little crafty today, thanks to Joann's 4 for $10 tshirts. First we did the Sharpie and alcohol Mickey heads.

Far left is DS, next is my mom's, top is DD's, bottom is the one DH made for nephew, and the far right is mine. (ignore my toes)
522087_10150946463017991_775695514_n.jpg

We also did 2 tie dye Mickey heads for the kids to wear, but they are in the washing machine right now. I love the Sharpie/alcohol shirts so much better. Much easier and not nearly as messy.

Excellent movie night!! Loved the worms in dirt! And great job on those shirts. I showed them to Ferb and we just might give them a shot...we are SO not crafty, but we might be able to manage these!

So why did that one show up?

I'm thinking about changing our ADR on our AK day. Right now I have Whispering Canyon scheduled. We've been once before, mom's never been. The kids love the stick pony races and I can get gluten free cornbread. My hesitation is the drive from AK to WL then to Bonnet Creek after.

We could book Boma. We've stayed at AKL(mom's never been) but never eaten at Boma. We could explore the resort a little and do the night vision goggles, which DS would love.

1900 Park Fare. Mom loves character meals. When DD and I went in 2008 it was not our favorite meal though. Mom's never seen GF.

Cape May. Never been to the Beach Club, and my kids can eat their weight in crab legs

Flying Fish. This gets great reviews for allergy free dining and we've never been to the Boardwalk.

There are also quite a few open reservation at DTD restaurants (mmmmmm, Fultons)

Sooooo, thoughts.

Spent a little bit of money today:

MNSSHP tickets
Universal tickets
Photopass Plus

I debated on photopass but think it makes a lot of sense. First of all, we are eating at Tusker house, CRT, 1900 Park Fare, Chef Mickeys, HDDR. That alone makes it worth it! Not to mention the ride photos and our daily family picture.

With the gift cards I have for hotel and gas, I think everything is now paid for except food and the Bonnet Creek condo. :cool1:

Spent a little bit of money today:

MNSSHP tickets
Universal tickets
Photopass Plus

I debated on photopass but think it makes a lot of sense. First of all, we are eating at Tusker house, CRT, 1900 Park Fare, Chef Mickeys, HDDR. That alone makes it worth it! Not to mention the ride photos and our daily family picture.

With the gift cards I have for hotel and gas, I think everything is now paid for except food and the Bonnet Creek condo. :cool1:

Haha!! When I saw your post on Facebook, I thought, I bet there is a post on her PTR!!
You will definitely be getting your money's worth with all those Character meals! Good choice.

I've been playing with things today. I should so stop second guessing myself all the time ;)

Oct 14: sleep in since we arrive late the night before. Late breakfast at 1900 Park Fare (a first for us) DTD to pick up Babycakes snacks maybe, maybe a swim before a rest time and then MNSSHP that night. Didn't change

Oct 15: DHS, Fantasmic Pkg at Mama Melrose (also a first) Since DD is an "adult" it was going to cost $32 for her meal, and none of us will eat the required appetizer, entree and dessert, so I changed this out for 50's (one of my mom's favorites from our last trip)

Oct 16: AK. Early breakfast at Tusker House (also a first!) and dinner at Rainforest Cafe (DD's choice) I canceled Tusker House. Just not feeling the extra early morning ADR :)

Oct 17: Epcot. Kids YES class. F&WF for lunch. Meeting newly arrive Brother, SIL and Nephew for dinner at Chef Mickeys stayed the same

Oct 18: SIL said she had made my nephew a promise to do something (which I have no idea what it is???) and so they wanted this to be family day. That's fine. We'll go to Seaworld. We're all meeting for dinner that night at Trex (DS's choice) Stayed the same

Oct 19: MK with SIL and nephew. Brother will join us later. We'll do CS stuff for lunch and dinner Since I had to cancel our Pirates League reservations since we aren't doing MNSSHP on the 18th, I managed to get the kids into Pirates League this day instead.

Oct 20: AK, dinner with just mom and my kids at Whispering Canyon. Canceled Whispering Canyon and booked Mickeys Backyard BBQ for all of us. (a first)

Oct 21: SIL requested a day off. Let me tell you how much this KILLS my OCD. I can't imagine having a whole day in Orlando without going somewhere. So, as of now, we've scheduled a pool//lazy river hop day at Bonnet Creek for the kids. I have Girodanos gift certificates for pizza for dinner. SIL is teaching all day, and will just join us for dinner. stayed the same

Oct 22: DHS with brother and nephew. SIL will join us for dinner again. They only have QS dining plan. DHS is a TERRIBLE place for me to eat with food allergies, so I made reservations for my kids, mom and I at Sci Fi. stayed the same

Oct 23: Brother, SIL and nephew leave early this morning. We're heading to MK with my mom for a surprise for her: breakfast in the castle. She LOVED Akershus, so I thought we'd show her the other side of the princesses I don't even think she knows you can eat there! Dinner tonight is my mom's request, Ohana. stayed the same

Oct 24: Universal IOA to see HP, dinner somewhere CityWalk (Nascar, Hard Rock, Margaritaville) stayed the same

Oct 25: Universal Studios, dinner CityWalk again, or maybe one of our favorite Orlando haunts Cafe Tu Tu Tango stayed the same

Oct 26: Legoland, and our last first of the trip, since I canceled Pirates League and the second MNSSHP, we are going to Hoop De Doo! stayed the same

Oct 27, pack up, start the drive home. Thought about trying to get Coral Reef for my mom for lunch?We're going to head to Epcot for the morning before we leave.

Since Zachary turned 3 (and now 4), we avoid fixed price meals a lot more. We used to love Chef Mickey but not when my kids don't eat enough to justify the price. Even at children's prices! I think the buffets may be the only example of where the dining plan makes sense.... At least at regular table service meals, the kids can share. Or I can order an appetizer as an entree.

Amanda

We did The Princess and the Frog tonight.

Minnie in her Mardi Gras mask holding the movie
ry%3D400

Ray flying above the table
ry%3D400

Menu and activity list
ry%3D400

Place setting
ry%3D400

Frog Prince cupcakes. It's killing my OCD that one of them is missing a chocolate chip eyeball
ry%3D400

So, here's my whoops moment. I knew gumbo took awhile. I just under estimated exactly how long was awhile. So I thought I'd make jambalaya, but realized we didn't have any rice. Two strikes. We ordered take out from a local Cajun Cafe instead :rolleyes1
ry%3D400

Swamp water (AKA Fresca)
ry%3D400

Leap frog
ry%3D400

Princess and the Frog memory
ry%3D400

Usually I make the kids autograph books using spiral bound index card books. We just decorate the outside and then have the characters sign the unlined side, then I tear them out and scrap them.

Yesterday the kids were really bored, it was raining (for the first time since May 4) and I needed something for them to do, so I let them do their autograph books

ry%3D400

and also a picture of their autograph book bags. I bought these 2 trips ago and we love them. It holds their books and pen so I don't have to dig them out constantly, and they can put their pins on the straps.

ry%3D400

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter