A Newbie's Guide to Orlando International Airport

We are renting a car in May at the airport. The directions to our hotel say to use the North exit to get out of the airport.

My problem is, the last two times I rented a car at MCO (years ago) there were no signs to the north exit and both times we ended up getting spit out of the South exit before we even knew what was happening.

Can anyone give me some directions or advice? For once, I'd like to find the North exit. Does it really exist? :confused3 ;)

Yes it does...Follow signs to either 436 or the Beeline/528...both of those are the NORTH exit...if you see Cell lot or 417, you on the wrong exit

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but does anyone know if the magical express works just one way? I'm going to be at Disney for a conference so transportation THERE isn't a problem, but I was wondering if they can take me back to the airport if I stay a few extra days for a mini vacation, or do I need to take a taxi??

I'm a newbie, so I can't post links. If you go to the wdwinfo.com/transportation/magical-express.htm

When I was testing an online reservation, it had a section titled "Ground Transportation", when I selected it the option for Magical Express came up and it gave the option of using it on arrival, on departure, or both. I'm in the same situation - arriving, renting a car to visit with relatives for a few days, then dropping the car off at a Disney site drop-off, staying at the resor, then using the Magical Express just for my return.

We want to rent a car when we arrive at MCO in 2 weeks. We will arrive at 11 pm. and don't want to ride a shuttle bus. Which Rental Car companies have cars right on-site? We especially are looking at Thrifty or Dollar and wonder if they are actually on-site or if they'll shuttle us somewhere. We do not want to shuttle. Did I say that already? :confused3 ha ha

I saw the 9 car companies listed at the beginning of this thread, but wasn't sure if those companies have cars right on-site???
Please straighten me out.
Thanks so much,
Pomcoach from Iowa:cheer2:

I found it helpful to go look on the Orlando International Airport website.

I'm a newbie, so I can't post links. If you go to the wdwinfo.com/transportation/magical-express.htm

When I was testing an online reservation, it had a section titled "Ground Transportation", when I selected it the option for Magical Express came up and it gave the option of using it on arrival, on departure, or both. I'm in the same situation - arriving, renting a car to visit with relatives for a few days, then dropping the car off at a Disney site drop-off, staying at the resor, then using the Magical Express just for my return.

Thank you so so much!

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but does anyone know if the magical express works just one way? I'm going to be at Disney for a conference so transportation THERE isn't a problem, but I was wondering if they can take me back to the airport if I stay a few extra days for a mini vacation, or do I need to take a taxi??
Not a problem at all. You can book your ride back to MCO via DME when you get to your resort. Just be sure to do it a few days before you checkout. When you checkin is good...otherwise, you tend to forget to do it.

We will be arriving from the UK on a Virgin Atlantic flight.
Our limo company told us that the pick up is at 8-A-Level 1.
How do I find this/where is it ?

We will be arriving from the UK on a Virgin Atlantic flight.
Our limo company told us that the pick up is at 8-A-Level 1.
How do I find this/where is it ?
You will arrive on level 3...take the tram from the gate to the main terminal. When you get off the tram, head to the escalators, or elevators, on Side A and go down to level 1. Level 2 is baggage claim, and level 1 is ground transportation. I'm going to assume that the '8' is a slot number outside. My concern would be how does your limo driver know you are there??? Do you have to call them and they will then drive over? Most limo drivers meet their passengers at level 2, baggage claim. Then they help them with luggage to the limo.

You will arrive on level 3...take the tram from the gate to the main terminal. When you get off the tram, head to the escalators, or elevators, on Side A and go down to level 1. Level 2 is baggage claim, and level 1 is ground transportation. I'm going to assume that the '8' is a slot number outside. My concern would be how does your limo driver know you are there??? Do you have to call them and they will then drive over? Most limo drivers meet their passengers at level 2, baggage claim. Then they help them with luggage to the limo.

I'm not sure about that,we are using Tiffanytowncars and have never used them before.

I'm not sure about that,we are using Tiffanytowncars and have never used them before.
Hmmm, Tiffany has always met us at baggage claim. Maybe it has something to do with your not flying domestically. That whole customs issue maybe??

Hmmm, Tiffany has always met us at baggage claim. Maybe it has something to do with your not flying domestically. That whole customs issue maybe??

Recieved this from Tiffany,I guess all is well and they know the airport where as I don't.I'm sure all will be well. "Virgin Atlantic baggage is on the 1st floor, not 2nd floor, A is on the A side of the airport. level 1 on the A side carousel #8."

Need some information . I am arriving at Airside 4 gates 60-99 at MCO airport. I need to get to level 1, a15 side for the DoShuttle pickup.
In the main terminal(3) what escalator should I take on the A side of the terminal to get to A15 level 1?
The one by gates 100-129
or
by gates 1-29?

Thanks

Need some information . I am arriving at Airside 4 gates 60-99 at MCO airport. I need to get to level 1, a15 side for the DoShuttle pickup.
In the main terminal(3) what escalator should I take on the A side of the terminal to get to A15 level 1?
The one by gates 100-129
or
by gates 1-29?

Thanks

It would be easier to take the ones right outside 100-129...so basically come out your shuttle, and go downstairs and outside...then turn left and walk down till you hit A15...all the signs are numbered...

The shoppes at MCO have had a few changes in the last few months..

Borders Books is no more. It has been replaced with a new book store as of about 2 weeks ago.

There is a new store coming soon that sells a lot of Hello Kitty merchandise. No opening date yet.

Build a Bear workshop has opened.

We are arriving a few days before our ds, we will have a rental car to be able to pick him at the airport. Having just "followed the herd" on all past trips we never really paid attention to our surroundings so I am trying to think of a meeting point in the airport when he arrives. He won't have checked luggage but I am thinking that baggage claim area would be the best spot to have him wait for us? We won't be using our cell phones..so we need to pin a place down. What do you think, is there a better more obvious place for him to wait? We were just going to park in Terminal parking lot.

Here at home our airport is not busy-so we can just circle around and pick somone up outside by pulling over quickly when we see them come out..pretty sure that is not the case here? I feel like it is so busy there, it's going to make flustered:rotfl:

We are arriving a few days before our ds, we will have a rental car to be able to pick him at the airport. Having just "followed the herd" on all past trips we never really paid attention to our surroundings so I am trying to think of a meeting point in the airport when he arrives. He won't have checked luggage but I am thinking that baggage claim area would be the best spot to have him wait for us? We won't be using our cell phones..so we need to pin a place down. What do you think, is there a better more obvious place for him to wait? We were just going to park in Terminal parking lot.

Here at home our airport is not busy-so we can just circle around and pick somone up outside by pulling over quickly when we see them come out..pretty sure that is not the case here? I feel like it is so busy there, it's going to make flustered:rotfl:
When my ds met me at MCO, he met up with me in baggage claim, right at the bottom of the escalators. Made it very easy to see each other. Then, right out the door to his car. Just be sure you meet up on the same side of the airport!!!!

When my ds met me at MCO, he met up with me in baggage claim, right at the bottom of the escalators. Made it very easy to see each other. Then, right out the door to his car. Just be sure you meet up on the same side of the airport!!!!

Just be careful, there are 4 escalators (2 on each side) so it can be easy to get lost..

What airline is he coming in on? If he is on they Hyatt side...then you can meet him at the big fountain in the middle of the lobby...Kinda hard to miss..On the other side, you can stand right at the Disney store, all departing passengers have to pass by it..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter