A Photo Safari Halloween Solo Trip for Oct'13: Trip Report Started!

Oh wow! The under exposure and high grain just add to the old fashioned creepiness and the pose just makes it. Awesome!

So cool, I want to go to a disney world conference in a private DHS! Hehehe

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thanks Wendy! I think you're right and that's why there's something about this pic that draws me to it. :)

What a look! Thanks for sharing! Glad you made it through your first day. Looking forward to more. :thumbsup2

Thanks Brenda. She was a hoot and dusted my behind lol

Wow! I love the chambermaid shot and agree with Wendy 100% that the exposure and noise really give it that old fashioned feel....

And the ToT shot with the tables- wow the place is soooo empty!!! Plus a very cool shot - what were the tables for exactly?

Thanks Sarah! The tables were there for people to mingle with their drinks. Sort of like a cocktail party lol

I really like the noise in the chamber maid shot! Sort of adds to the whole vintage idea, you know?

Loving all your tweets! Can't wait to see more pictures! :thumbsup2

Thanks Emily! I've decided that I really like the look on the picture too :)

Well... I am loving your updates :) You are making me want to go on a photo safari.... Alone! Especially after yesterday when brought my DSLR to a Halloween festival and took all of a couple shots due to kid managing.... It gets easier right? ;)

How was breakfast at Kouzzina?

That firework shot is swoon worthing- fantastic!

Glad to hear you enjoyed your solo party experience. Hope your Disney interruptions (aka work) isn't too bothersome, haha!

So amazing :) I love them!!! Really different shots and very unique. I don't think I've seen them with Rapunzels area or the LM as a back drop :)

I've been trying to check in on you on twitter every once in a while. I don't exactly spend much time on it or even remember I have it though so I usually check it once or twice a day and that's it. :rolleyes1

It does look like you're having a great time though, and the pictures you've shared so far here look incredible. I can't wait to see the results of the scavenger hunt photos when you get back. :thumbsup2

WOW the fireworks from that area ! It never even occurred to me to see them from there The shots are absolutely gorgeous WDW advertising poster worthy :thumbsup2

Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow Dave :wave2:

Ruthie

Just checked out your twitter pics, outstanding! I am fighting the urge to include them with mine from my trip last week they are so much better !

I think I'm officially done taking pictures now :lmao: I'm back in my room resting my nearly blistered feet and started going through over 4000 images to see which ones are usable. I have one more dinner tonight at Flying Fish then will walk over to Epcot for Illuminations. But I'm going to leave my camera and gear behind. Waaaay too tired and sore now. So sorry Illuminations fans, no pics on this trip.

BUT, I do have a good number of decent pictures I will start sharing with you in the next few days once I get my TR up.

Here's one from this morning. This was the rope drop crowd making their way up Main Street. For the first time EVER, I wasn't in THAT crowd. I stood back at the flag pole and watched everyone make their way up and having a fun time watching the reactions of the kids. Then sight caught my eye and I had to take a picture. Luckily I had my telezoom lens already on from photographing the opening ceremony. Taking this picture made me miss my kids. Had an absolutely magical time but am even more excited and happy to see my family again.

IMG_1587-2 by DaveinFallsChurch, on Flickr

Very cool perspective in this one!

Glad you've thoroughly enjoyed your trip. 4000 pictures is a TON so no judgement for me for retiring the photo equipment for a night!

Enjoy the rest of your Disney time, and safe travels! :goodvibes

Dave: Your photo collection is just stunning. My favorite so far is the fireworks over the Tangled rest area. Wonderfully done!

The Main Street one has such a winsome feel to it. Again, just amazing!

Saw on twitter that you reached your touring wall. Take it easy!

So amazing :) I love them!!! Really different shots and very unique. I don't think I've seen them with Rapunzels area or the LM as a back drop :)

Thanks Sarah! I was hoping to find an angle on Wishes that's been done less by others especially since I was ready for a change in how I watched the show after so many times from the front of the Castle and in the Tomorrowland Terrace.

I've been trying to check in on you on twitter every once in a while. I don't exactly spend much time on it or even remember I have it though so I usually check it once or twice a day and that's it. :rolleyes1

It does look like you're having a great time though, and the pictures you've shared so far here look incredible. I can't wait to see the results of the scavenger hunt photos when you get back. :thumbsup2

I haven't gone back and tallied it. But I think I got about 2/3rds of what was on my safari list. Some I just completely forgot to look for. Some were just not available.

WOW the fireworks from that area ! It never even occurred to me to see them from there The shots are absolutely gorgeous WDW advertising poster worthy :thumbsup2

Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow Dave :wave2:

Ruthie

Looking forward to meeting you in a couple of hours over Boma! :thumbsup2

Just checked out your twitter pics, outstanding! I am fighting the urge to include them with mine from my trip last week they are so much better !

Thanks! Had a blast taking the pictures.

Very cool perspective in this one!

Glad you've thoroughly enjoyed your trip. 4000 pictures is a TON so no judgement for me for retiring the photo equipment for a night!

Enjoy the rest of your Disney time, and safe travels! :goodvibes

Thanks Emily! Getting ready to check out which is getting me a little down. I'm not ready to go back to work yet! :rotfl:

Ok folks. I'm just about ready to check out! Heading over to AKL to have breakfast with Luvchefmic and then off to the airport. Here's one more picture before I hit the road! One of my favorites from MSEP. I'm pretty sure that I'll be working on the pictures while I'm waiting at the airport.

IMG_1401 by DaveinFallsChurch, on Flickr

Arrived back home safely! I was as excited to see the kids as they were to see me. Unloaded a whole bunch of gifts from Disney!

I'm jumping right into it and starting my TR!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3193319

I am so thrilled for you and your family :goodvibes reunions are the BEST no matter how great the trip Glad you got home safely Really enjoyed our time together this morning, very happy to have met you and wasn't that food fantastic !

Looking forward to seeing you again, and meeting your family in January Dave hopefully Fred can be home at the same time

Welcome back Dave!!! More fabulous photos! The pumpkin coach with the castle in the back-ground is gorgeous. More than any other report on these Boards I'm looking forward to what you will be sharing! :)

We got back from our trip and I have had a hard time getting caught up on the DIS.

I have to agree with Brenda, I think the fireworks shot over the Tangled bathroom is my favorite. :thumbsup2 It looks like one that Disney would put out in their marketing materials. I did wonder when I saw the shot how all the running back and forth during Wishes went.

Of course, I say that now but I know as I look through your images my favorite will change multiple times. They are all so good.

Looking forward to reading your TR!

Christine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter