A pinch of pixie dust + pinch of OCD = a fun trip for all! UPDATE 6/3

Lion king

After a quick stop at our room we set off to explore more of the resort. We headed for the lion long area, which was kind of creepy. If you are in love with the Lion King you would like this area, personally I am glad we weren't in this section.

The statues were cool.
null_zps57ecf46c.jpg

null_zpsc0da9ad2.jpg

null_zps4532ec4b.jpg

And DS had fun playing in the bone yards.
null_zps483e746c.jpg

null_zps34efd478.jpg

null_zps6294d249.jpg

We made it through the Lion King section and got to see just how far away the LM section is. This is a complaint I have read a lot about. If you are staying in that section you have to be prepared for a walk.
null_zps23b40cec.jpg

Next up, photos of the LM section.

Last Night

After exploring the Lion King area DH went to scrounge up snacks in Landscapes of Flavor while DS and I went on to Little Mermaid. We didn't make it all the way to the Little Mermaid pool but we looked at some of the trinkets along the way.
null_zpse53f926c.jpg

null_zpscf122d02.jpg

null_zpseb009c00.jpg

null_zps06d6cc12.jpg

null_zps06c2dc2d.jpg

null_zps45b3758c.jpg

We walked back along the lake which DS really enjoyed.
null_zps73c9d9da.jpg

Of course we had to visit with the cars some more.
null_zps39afd298.jpg

null_zps61e357db.jpg

null_zps0586e96f.jpg

425518f4-5dc8-46fe-873a-a3eb68e95ac4_zps60a739e9.jpg

DS spent a long time playing with this window.
null_zps440cc2ff.jpg

For dinner we just ate left over pizza, which was so good it deserves another picture.
null_zpsf032a11b.jpg

Since it was our last night we let DS stay up late and went for a night time walk. We walked over to the "Generation Gap" (the bridge between AoA and Pop) and caught some of the Epcot fireworks.
null_zps86a282e6.jpg

It was a great way to wind down. We ended the day with some more silliness in the room.
null_zps536ba7ff.jpg

Next up: Saying Goode-Bye

Here we are, the end :(

We had a super early start. Our flight left at 8:10, which meant the magic express would pick us up at 5:15!

I spoke to the luggage service and they said we could use the resort check in but we needed to be down there at 4:55! It meant getting down stairs an extra 20 minutes early but it was so worth it. I am supper impressed with Disney's baggage system. It was so nice to be able to check in and bring our bags no further than the lobby.

After checking our bags we took a last walk through animation hall. It was nice to see it so empty.
null_zpsc7bc371a.jpg

null_zpsf5e6bf47.jpg

null_zps2244502e.jpg

DS watched some cartoons while we waited.
null_zpsdc384fde.jpg

Unfortunately we had a super long wait because our bus was almost 30 minutes late!
null_zpse70a1bc4.jpg

null_zps32d379dd.jpg

Good bye AoA!
null_zpsc685364f.jpg

null_zpsbb554dfd.jpg

But we made it to the airport with plenty of time.
null_zps824377e2.jpg

Of course we used up every bit of that time going through the wrong security line. If you are a newbie like me, learn from our mistake. Orlando has two separate security check in points. It is not like every other airport I have ever flown in where once your trough TSA your good. No, it is possible to go through the supper long TSA line only to discover your airline does not fly out of that end of the airport and you need to leave security to get to the proper side.

Luckily we found a helpful TSA agent who directed us to the employees entrance since our tickets had already been stamped and we had already been through once. We still had to go through security again but we didn't have to wait in line.

We made it to our gate just in time. I don't know where DS got the energy but he was getting the wiggles out while we were on the Tarmac.
null_zps9411a47a.jpg

The flight was probably the worst flight I have ever been on. It was solid turbulence, and BAD turbulence. The plane would suddenly make drastic drops in altitude. The pilot kept coming on to reassure everyone, and explain the system we were moving through was bad at all altitudes. Can I just say, it is less reassuring when you can hear all kinds of beeping alarm sounding bells in the back ground.

The lady in front of me was reading the safety brochure, the kid behind me was saying "weeee!" DH was gripping the seat, DS was asleep in my lap, I was holding on to Duffy the bear, saying Hail Mary's and trying not to envision the news reel that would surely play when a plane full of families returning for their Disney vacation crashed into the Gulf of Mexico.
null_zps6760a536.jpg

I honestly thought this might be it. Unfortunately I fly enough to know it was NOT normal. I flew through I lighting storm once that wasn't that bad.

Eventually we landed. I half expected a cheer to go up. We were that last ones off the plane as usual. DH started talking to the flight attendant. The flight attended told DH it was the worst flight he had been on in 7 years!

After that flight we treated ourselves to a "we survived!" lunch.
null_zps6c1659e6.jpg

This food taste so good because we are not dead!

DS spent the rest of the layover running around and eventually found a cozy spot to rest.
null_zpsdfc42ed2.jpg

The next flight was not very eventful (thank goodness!)

We made it home and started unpacking while watching our vacation video.

The vacation was over but DH had one more Disney surprise for me.

Up next, my final Disney surprise and the top 10 reasons we love Disney.

We made it home the day before mother's day. DH and I don't normally do much for things like anniversaries, valentines day or mother's/father's day. It just isn't our style. We do sweet things for each other randomly through out the year, these holidays don't mean much to us so I didn't really expect anything.

During the trip we had periodically talked about things we would like to do again in our net trip, but I kind of envisioned some ambitious date in the future. After all it took us 5 years to go on this trip.

Then on mother's day DH surprise me with this card.
null_zps093bb162.jpg

null_zpsfaa71d01.jpg

It says "2014 Disney, this check is your 2014 Disney Budget, 7 nights @ cars again"

Best husband ever? I think so.

So with that my trio report has come to an end. I hope you enjoyed it. I read somewhere the best way to get through Disney withdrawal is to plan your next trip. Now that this is done, it is timed to move on to planning Disney 2014. This time I think I will even do a Pre-trip report. If you enjoyed this TR follow along my next PTR.

Crafts, spreadsheets, and pixie dust...oh my!

I hope you guys enjoyed this and found it helpful. I will now leave you with a fun top 10 list.

10 reasons I became a Disney fanatic after one trip

1) Disney is getting us into shape. While I was doing research I ran across something that said you walk on average 14miles a day at WDW. I walk everyday with our son, but my husband has a desk job and hasn't had much time to exercise. We started taking a 2.5 mile walk on the weekend, and not only was it good for us but it gave us some great time to talk about the week. My husband enjoyed the walks so much he kept them up during the week even when he got home after 9 pm. Needless to say he started loosing weight!

2) The fun of planning. Sounds silly but I love planning. Before becoming a stay at home mom I was in finance. I had so much fun making budgets, spreadsheets, and putting together a nice organized trip binder. It gave me some of that orderly satisfaction you don't always get as a stay at home mom (Don't get me wrong I love being at home and there are plenty of other opportunities for OCD like order, but this is the most fun way to let your OCD flourish).

3) Appreciating the way Disney does EVERYTHING right (well almost). My husband is an engineer, and is cursed with a very efficient mind. Situations that only slightly annoy some people REALLY annoy him because he has usually instantly figured out a much more efficient way to do it. Disney does so many things right that there was a lot on the trip (the luggage system, magic Express, resort check in, park entry machines, and the FP system etc.) that were making him positively giddy. One night in our resort he sat back, smiled real big and said "imagine working in procurement for disney! Look at how much of this is single sourced! Imagine the contract negotiations!" (Weird things make him giddy) I think he has a new dream job.

4) Our son's reaction to everything. How could I not include that! I was worried 2 would be to young, but while he probably won't remember it, I really think it helped him grow. Also, we had fun watching him discover everything WDW had to offer and he learned so many new words while we were there!

5) We are more in sync as a family. It is hard to explain but by the end of the trip we just functioned more as team. We anticipate each others needs better and my husband seems more empowered as a father (he even diffused a temper tantrum all by himself).

6) Exposure to families from all over the country and world. Where else can you go and visit with so many families from so many places!

7) Everyone is so friendly! Especially the Disney employees. How to do you have a company so large and keep all the employees so empowered and happy? On a related note, the life guards were the most attentive life guards we have ever seen.

8) The memories. When my husband has a frustrating day we get the Disney binder out, reminisce over our past trip and day dream about our next one. It fixes everything.

9) You get to be a kids again. Everyone knows this, I don't need to explain.

10) You can let your inner geek out. Yes I went the full nine yards, matching shirts, stroller license, custom luggage tags, water bottles etc. My sweet husband humored me with all of this silliness.

We had a great Disney experience. So much so my husband said he never wants to take a non Disney vacation, and with Adventures by Disney we may not have to. I can't wait to return to the cars section of Art of Animation next May.

What a great gift your husband gave you. I had to read that part to my husband!:rolleyes1

You had asked where we are staying before, we are going in August to pop with 6,3, and 2 year old girls. Hoping to use a lot of what you did, have a plan but go with what actually works best when there.

Looking forward to hearing your planning. I am also OCD (which drew me to your thread). I am loving all this planning. Anyway great trip report, very entertaining. popcorn::

What a great gift your husband gave you. I had to read that part to my husband!:rolleyes1

You had asked where we are staying before, we are going in August to pop with 6,3, and 2 year old girls. Hoping to use a lot of what you did, have a plan but go with what actually works best when there.

Looking forward to hearing your planning. I am also OCD (which drew me to your thread). I am loving all this planning. Anyway great trip report, very entertaining. popcorn::

Thank you! Oh the planning was fun! And now I get to do it all over again! :hyper: I hope you guys have a great trip. I have heard nothing but good things about Pop. I hope u get to hear all about your trip. I love seeing what other OCD planners come up with :)

My husband is the best! He would get tired of hearing about my planning before hand, but sure did appreciate it when we were there. The other day he had a rough day at work and wanted to look at the new Disney binder, he was a little disappointed I haven't put it together yet. It made me giddy that he enjoyed it that much.

Random update on the coffee mug my husband gave me. I still use it every morning. This morning I was drinking my coffee checking my email, when DS crawled up in my lap. He has been less cuddly lately so I was really excited for the snuggle....it turns our he just wanted to look at Mickey and the other Disney characters on my mug. Meh, I'll take it. More reason to use the Mickey mug.

Such a great TR, thank you so much! My DH and I are excited to take our DD back to WDW just after she turns 2 in January, her second trip. Seeing how much your DS got out of it makes me even more excited!

Such a great TR, thank you so much! My DH and I are excited to take our DD back to WDW just after she turns 2 in January, her second trip. Seeing how much your DS got out of it makes me even more excited!

Thanks Joanne! 2 is a great age for Disney!

I love the little post card Disney sends you after the trip. Today I put some scrapbook paper and an extra frame I had hanging around to good use.

My son was very excited to have Mickey on the wall in his room.

null_zps46561af6.jpg

Thank you for sharing your wonderful trip report! You had so many wonderful ideas and tips, and it sounds like you had such a great trip! I especially enjoyed your top 10 list at the end! thank you so very much for sharing it with us! Happy trip planning for your next one! I think I begin planning my next trip when I'm on a trip--can't bear the thought that it's coming to an end!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful trip report! You had so many wonderful ideas and tips, and it sounds like you had such a great trip! I especially enjoyed your top 10 list at the end! thank you so very much for sharing it with us! Happy trip planning for your next one! I think I begin planning my next trip when I'm on a trip--can't bear the thought that it's coming to an end!

Thanks Jenn! I am glad you enjoyed it! My husband and I started talking about our next trip while we were still there. It really is hard to let the magic end!

I loved reading your TR! Your DS is adorable, glad he had lots of Disney fun. We took our first trip to WDW in 2010 and we absolutely fell in love with the place. At this point in time, I cannot imagine going anywhere else:goodvibes.

I loved reading your TR! Your DS is adorable, glad he had lots of Disney fun. We took our first trip to WDW in 2010 and we absolutely fell in love with the place. At this point in time, I cannot imagine going anywhere else:goodvibes.

I am so glad you enjoyed it! We are the same way, I was so surprised when DH decided we needed to do this every year, but it such great family time. We both drank the kool ade while there, DH is even counting down the years until DS is older for an adventure by Disney.

You count down looks about as far out as mine, thank goodness for DisBoards! I worry I am wasting time, until DH comes home and says "did you get to do any Disney planning today?" and then I remember he is just as excited as I am!

I followed you over from my TR! It seems like you had a great trip!

I totally know what you mean about slowing down and enjoying the little details with a toddler in Disney! They take the smallest detail some times and get so much pleasure out of it. We had been on several trips, we got less done on this one then ever before, but I felt like we really "saw" things we never did before. Its hard to describe, but its pretty awesome!

I also know what you mean about dining with a two year old! Most meal DD was great, but when it took too long...whoa it was awful! I prefered the TS restaurants because you had a table in the a/c waiting for you (most of the time) rather than waiting in line and looking for a table. But we had to order fast and leave as soon as we were finished eating!

Your DH is awesome for that mothers day gift! I told my DH about that he said " you want me to do something like that?" I said of course that is why I told you about that. He said we'll see. So your DH may have inspired mine!

Sounds like a great trip! Can't wait to hear about your next one!

I followed you over from my TR! It seems like you had a great trip!

I totally know what you mean about slowing down and enjoying the little details with a toddler in Disney! They take the smallest detail some times and get so much pleasure out of it. We had been on several trips, we got less done on this one then ever before, but I felt like we really "saw" things we never did before. Its hard to describe, but its pretty awesome!

I also know what you mean about dining with a two year old! Most meal DD was great, but when it took too long...whoa it was awful! I prefered the TS restaurants because you had a table in the a/c waiting for you (most of the time) rather than waiting in line and looking for a table. But we had to order fast and leave as soon as we were finished eating!

Your DH is awesome for that mothers day gift! I told my DH about that he said " you want me to do something like that?" I said of course that is why I told you about that. He said we'll see. So your DH may have inspired mine!

Sounds like a great trip! Can't wait to hear about your next one!

Thanks for reading! Oh dinning with a two year old!c I am so glad John isn't the only one that gets a little wild father a while! But we still loved the TS restaurants! I noticed on true TR one of you always left with Charlotte while the other paid, that is exactly how we had to work it!

It really was the best gift! Honestly we didn't travel at all the first 5 years of our marriage because we were trying to be extremely frugal and invest heavily, so going to Disney two years in a row is a huge deal! So glad DH caught the Disney bug and the travel bug!

I'm late to the party, but I have started reading your trip report. Love it so far!

I have been a mostly SAHM for 15 years. Like you, my former job was pretty analytical. I totally appreciate the organization and details you put into planning your trips!

:worship: on your packing.

I have read through your first day at MK.

I love the Cars room and AoA. What a great resort for little ones!

You had a super morning plan at MK!!! Hitting Peter Pan first thing is really the only way to go. We will only ride that first thing, or with a Fast Pass. Possibly worst line in Disney.

:worship::worship: on getting rides on PP, Little Mermaid, Dumbo and Pooh!

It cracks me up that your son loves the buses and trains. How did he like the monorail?

Finally- the picture of him at the Plaza is precious! What a great smile!

I'm late to the party, but I have started reading your trip report. Love it so far! I have been a mostly SAHM for 15 years. Like you, my former job was pretty analytical. I totally appreciate the organization and details you put into planning your trips! :worship: on your packing. I have read through your first day at MK. I love the Cars room and AoA. What a great resort for little ones! You had a super morning plan at MK!!! Hitting Peter Pan first thing is really the only way to go. We will only ride that first thing, or with a Fast Pass. Possibly worst line in Disney. :worship::worship: on getting rides on PP, Little Mermaid, Dumbo and Pooh! It cracks me up that your son loves the buses and trains. How did he like the monorail? Finally- the picture of him at the Plaza is precious! What a great smile!

:welcome:

It is nice finding analytical outlets as a SAHM! And thank you! I get such satisfaction out of opening a well ordered suit case!

AoA was perfect for our little family! I would love to stay at beach club when DS is older, but right now AoA is perfect.

I have to give credit to DIS boards and EasyWdW for the touring plan. We were amazed at how smoothly it all went!

He loved the buses so much!! We thought he would just go crazy over the monorail, but honestly he was more impressed with the buses! 2 year olds are funny.

Thank you! We love the Plaza, perhaps in large part because DS loved it so much!

Loved reading this trip report Love the hotel and so so so need to stay there someday!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter