A Pixie Dusted Christmas 2013 - Completed 8/4/14

LB1122

Life's full of tough choices...Disney is not one o
The weather outside is frightful (no joke - looking at temps of -11 and colder)
but our Disney trip was delightful...

Welcome to our my Christmas 2013 Trip report. We spent a wonderful week at Disney World - December 22-29 2013 and would love to share the story with you. There will be character meet-ups, food, amazing holiday decorations and several moments where we felt especially pixie-dusted to share with you all.

Let's start with some basic introductions:
Laura - That's Me! Thirty-something Disney lover for life. I am a middle school English teacher and direct plays. Favorite Character - Belle but really love basically everyone.

Erik - My amazing husband of 10 years who until 3 and half years ago had never been to Disney, but on the way home asked when we would be going again. His favorite Disney Movie is Princess & the Frog because it is the first movie we took our daughter to see in the theater. He is also thirty-something and works retail and is a vacation planner.

Sophie the Great - 7 and a half (she will not let you forget the half) Disney Princess. This was her 3rd trip to Disney World. Her current favorite characters are Elsa, Anna & Stitch, but like her Mom she loves them all really.

This is us on Christmas Day in front of the tree at our resort Wilderness Lodge.

When planning for this holiday trip started in the summer of 2009 we only knew we wanted to go to Disney for Christmas the year my daughter was 7. The planning stage started slow until last Christmas when we sat down and finally booked our trip. In my pre-trip report you can see how things really got started and than switched around to make this our dream holiday vacation and it really was. I hope you will join in as I recount our fun with you.

I'm in! Sounds wonderful!

It's finally warming up here, it hit 10 today! I hope it warms up in your neck of the woods soon too!

Count me in :wave2: can't wait to read more :thumbsup2

I just read all of your pre-trip report and I am very excited to read along with your trip report as I have just booked my Disney World trip for Christmas 2014!!

Count me in!

Can't wait to read all about your trip! :)

I'm in! Sounds wonderful!

It's finally warming up here, it hit 10 today! I hope it warms up in your neck of the woods soon too!

Can't wait to read more!!

Joining in

Joining in.

Count me in :wave2: can't wait to read more :thumbsup2

I just read all of your pre-trip report and I am very excited to read along with your trip report as I have just booked my Disney World trip for Christmas 2014!!

I followed along with your PTR...looking forward to your TR!!!

Joining in!

What a beautiful tree at Wilderness Lodge! I've heard that it's the prettiest resort for the holidays.

Welcome all!! I guess I better get his thing started!!!:wave2:

Get Us To Disney!!!​
Sunday December 22 was an early morning for us. Our flight left at 8:30 and the weather was like spitting ice outside so we were up and out the door around 6AM. My father-in-law drove us and took possession of our winter coats for our arrival home.

Due to my appendix surgery the week before, I had requested wheelchairs at the airport. I did not want to overdo it before I even got to Disney! This helped us get through security a little faster and meant I did not have to walk to the end of the terminal (almost the last gate!) We had only minor delays, but we walked off one plane and they had just called my name to pre-board in Atlanta. This plane was a lot bigger than the first and had some free holiday Disney videos – way to pass the time before we arrived.

Before we landed we all put on our Magic Bands and were so ready to go. You can feel the excitement when you land in Orlando and head to Magic Express. I willingly got in the wheelchair once again for the trip across the airport. Our daughter loved the tram to get over there and was just a little excited.

Soon we were waiting to board our Magic Express bus to Wilderness lodge and before you knew it…

Gotta love this site….

The entrance to our resort…..

We were greeted right off the bus and taken upstairs to the Old Faithful Club Level check-in. My husband had to peak around the corner and take in the view of the tree in the lobby – a tree we would take photos in front of almost daily.

We got all checked in and were brought to our room – This was our first sprinkle of pixie dust – We got the bunk beds that my daughter had been dreaming of since we moved to this resort. She was super excited about this. With the help of the IPO team I ordered two of these fun Mickey head balloons to be in the room on our first day and they were there when we walked in. Sophie has always wanted one, but I did not want to carry it around the park or worry about the popping part as they cannot come home with you. She was so excited and these balloons lasted our entire stay.

We had plenty of time before our first surprise meal so we looked around (got a yummy appetizer in the CL lounge) and then went downstairs to pick up new pin lanyards for myself and my husband. We went back upstairs to grab sweaters and were ready to head that first meal.

Almost forgot - we also were excited about the fun chocolates in our room upon arrival. So glad we switched to Wilderness and Club Level

Subbing to your TR. Looking forward to reading your experience.:surfweb:
We were there Dec 22-28th, was my DH and DD first time. So magical.

Awwww...the ME heading *to* WDW...the happiest ride on earth.
:)
Now, the ME taking you *back* to the airport...not so much.:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter