A Princess, Pirates and Pixie Dust!

Great news!! I agree sad but happy all at once!! That's great that the mom has come to the realization that she knows she can't take care of him and doesn't want her family to either. Also love that they have found a way to have her be able to see him and know that he's doing good. :hug:

The kids heard from Mav's attorney today - and we have what looks like exciting news! The mom, who is 19 and an addict, has come forward and said that she doesn't want Mav raised by her family, because of her life and how she turned out. She wants Mark and Lindz to adopt him, and she has told his attorney and hers that, so they will both be fighting for him to stay in our family!!! She wants to be "clean" for a week and see him one last time at a neighborhood park.
Lindsay is thinking she will let her see him from time to time as an aunt, so she can know he is okay. She is the one who gave us permission to take him to WDW if she could just have some pictures from the trip. We are so excited!:yay: At the same time, we are incredibly sad for this young lady who is giving up her baby because she can't stay off drugs long enough to have him. She obviously loves him very much because she is doing what is best for him no matter how it hurts. :sad1:

that sounds like great news, and a great decision on her part, she could have easily gone a different route, but seems that she is thinking clear. hope everything turns out for you guys. :banana:

The kids heard from Mav's attorney today - and we have what looks like exciting news! The mom, who is 19 and an addict, has come forward and said that she doesn't want Mav raised by her family, because of her life and how she turned out. She wants Mark and Lindz to adopt him, and she has told his attorney and hers that, so they will both be fighting for him to stay in our family!!! She wants to be "clean" for a week and see him one last time at a neighborhood park.
Lindsay is thinking she will let her see him from time to time as an aunt, so she can know he is okay. She is the one who gave us permission to take him to WDW if she could just have some pictures from the trip. We are so excited!:yay: At the same time, we are incredibly sad for this young lady who is giving up her baby because she can't stay off drugs long enough to have him. She obviously loves him very much because she is doing what is best for him no matter how it hurts. :sad1:

:banana: Great News for you and your family!!! It is so sad about the mom but she is looking at the big picture and wants the best for her son even though she knows it can't be her. I do hope it all works out and she can be a part of Mav's life. I certainly hope she gets and stays clean.

Sorry, I guess we celebrated too soon. Now the Grandma comes up with an attorney for real and it looks like they will fight hard to get custody for the aunt, and the mom will have no say, because her rights will be termed.

Thanks, everyone for your kind thoughts - keep us in your prayers.

Oh no! Sending positive thoughts that the judge will make the right decision.

Jill in CO

You are right, I must have been busy when you started because I have missed the whole thing! Bookmarked, subbed too late, and back tomorrow to read! xoxox

Oh Tammie! I know I'm behind but just want to send prayers, the court should take her wishes into account even if her mom/grandma is trying to get custody for the aunt. Prayers for all, I can't even imagine how stressful it all is. The fact that she wants something better and is trying to get that for her child should matter and I pray it will.

Oh no! Sending positive thoughts that the judge will make the right decision.

Jill in CO

Thank you. It's possible Mav's attorney could decide to fight on their behalf and make a difference in the end.

You are right, I must have been busy when you started because I have missed the whole thing! Bookmarked, subbed too late, and back tomorrow to read! xoxox

Hey sista! Welcome! :yay: Hope you like our adventure!

Oh Tammie! I know I'm behind but just want to send prayers, the court should take her wishes into account even if her mom/grandma is trying to get custody for the aunt. Prayers for all, I can't even imagine how stressful it all is. The fact that she wants something better and is trying to get that for her child should matter and I pray it will.

Thanks, Cynthia! We covet all the prayers we can get. :hug:

:hug: What the mom wants should matter regardless. Continued prayers for the best outcome!!

Tammie, we have been away for a week and I was so sad to read the latest update on little Mav.:(
I really hope it still works out in your favour and the grandma will see what is best for the little man. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you all and sending lots of pixie dust. pixiedust:

WONDERFUL NEWS!!! My husband and I are going through the foster to adopt process now....we have just finished our pre service training and now we are just waiting on our home study. So good to hear a good foster to adopt story with a happy ending for the child :)

WONDERFUL NEWS!!! My husband and I are going through the foster to adopt process now....we have just finished our pre service training and now we are just waiting on our home study. So good to hear a good foster to adopt story with a happy ending for the child :)

Good for you! There are so many kids who need a chance at at life!:thumbsup2

We were living with the kids when they did the home study, and we are officially their back up people, so we were part of the whole process with them and have had our background checks, etc.

Are you in San Antonio? They are going through Family Link.

You probably read the next update, but I'm going to post a good update next! Be warned it is quite a roller coaster, but so worth it!

Amazing things happening with Maverick! The aunt came and visited with him, then saw him interacting with Mark and Lindz. She said she was grocery shopping and all of a sudden it hit her that they are his family and he belongs with them! She asked to meet with them and then took him to the zoo yesterday with just the case worker. She came back and prayed with them and she is going to work with the mom to help him stay with Mark and Lindz. This is such a crazy roller coaster!
Bless his heart, he came back so clingy and then got sick to his stomach during the night. He saw his backpack after his bath and said, "my backpack, I'm Home!" I can't imagine how he would feel if he went away forever:worried:

The mom has requested a last good-bye visit on Monday. Please be praying for her as she is in a very bad place right now. Lindsay is planning to talk to her about her courage and love for her child. Her mother has told her she's worthless all of her life, according to the aunt. :( Lindsay is going to give her some kind of memento she can carry in her pocket to remind her she is not worthless. I hope she can get out of Texas and make a fresh start.

Wow. That's really something! I hope it all works out and the end of the story is both a happy one and near.

Amazing things happening with Maverick! The aunt came and visited with him, then saw him interacting with Mark and Lindz. She said she was grocery shopping and all of a sudden it hit her that they are his family and he belongs with them! She asked to meet with them and then took him to the zoo yesterday with just the case worker. She came back and prayed with them and she is going to work with the mom to help him stay with Mark and Lindz. This is such a crazy roller coaster!
Bless his heart, he came back so clingy and then got sick to his stomach during the night. He saw his backpack after his bath and said, "my backpack, I'm Home!" I can't imagine how he would feel if he went away forever:worried:

The mom has requested a last good-bye visit on Monday. Please be praying for her as she is in a very bad place right now. Lindsay is planning to talk to her about her courage and love for her child. Her mother has told her she's worthless all of her life, according to the aunt. :( Lindsay is going to give her some kind of memento she can carry in her pocket to remind her she is not worthless. I hope she can get out of Texas and make a fresh start.

Oh yay! What a wonderful turn of events!!!! Poor Maverick...so little to have gone through all this trauma in his life. I'm so glad he found your family and I hope it all works out!

:cheer2: and :grouphug:

Jill in CO

What a wonderful turn of events. Mav and all of you will continue to be in my prayers. What a brave sweet little man

Wow! Your right about this being a roller coaster ride. I hope for the best outcome. I could only imagine what Mav would feel if he was taken away and hpe that does not happen!!

I feel so bad for that poor mom. I was always put down for my weight growing up but to be told your worthless is just horrible!! The mom is making a very big decision and mature one in regards to Mav. I hope that Lindsay was able to find the right thing to help her know she's not worthless. Maybe a small picture of Mav on a locket so she can remember that everything she is doing is to better herself. I wish her lots of good, positive thoughts and prayers that she is able to move forward and get her fresh start that she so desperately needs.

Thanks everyone! I will be back later in the week to let you know how the visit went. He had quite a hard evening with me last night - I think he is feeling insecure - probably little too much talk around him when people don't realize he's listening. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter