A promise to keep - PTR - The secret is out

Isila

There is a big beautiful tomorrow
Flashback.. April 2014.... after your 4th trip...

When writing my highs and lows about our 4th trip, I had on mind no to go to DLP nex year (in 2015), give it a break, some time to step back for ourselves and let DLP renew. That was the original plan...

More flashback...

When planing our 4th trip and writing PTR I mentioned about Gailius having "strange thing" in one of his breasts. After coming back from DLP we visited some doctors to find our what it was as it still was there.

The stress

We had huge stress. I didn't visit disboards, didn't do a TR nor showed any photos. Wasn't in the mood. After visiting some doctors and getting all sorts of tests, Gailius was suspected to have cancer. So, we had to run more tests, see more doctors and then wait for the results. And the waiting is the worst part.

The promise

And that was the moment I made a promise - we will go to DLP if that makes my son happy. So, if he is ok, we go in March as always and make him happy. If he's not ok, we go the very moment we're ok to go.

So, we go in March.

Tests were done, results are in and we are still celebrating. "The thing" is not gone, but we know it's noting serious. He might need a some kind of surgery, but that's it.

I'm back.

5 th trip, a promise to keep

When: 22nd March, 2015 - 27th March 2015
Where:Santa Fe
Stay: 5 nights/6days
Newbies: yes, this time we're taking newbies with us. DH cousin called and asked if we were going as she wanted to come too. She taking her kids (boy age 11, girl age 3). And little girl gets to celebrate her 4th birthday in DLP as it is in the end of March! I was asked to plan the trip so.
Waiting: and I am again waiting for a good offer as the current one is nuts. 4 night stay cost me more than 6 night stay :scared1: Waiting... waiting... So, if any good offer come up, let me know, okay? Please... :hug:

Last edited:
Wow what a relief. Your poor boy, I can empathise as a mother, anything wrong with your child is heartbreaking but I can only imagine what fears you were living with. I am so happy that it is nothing to worry about and that you can all have this trip to look forward to and make more happy memories.
I hope you get a great deal.
Myself and Ruth will only just miss you it seems! We are onsite March 16th - 20th with Ruth staying an extra day offsite at the end and me at the start!

Looking forward to reading all of your plans and I wish you every bit of luck and happiness after your scary few months. :hug:

Just able to post on this now
I can not imagine how hard this has been for you all, you must of been to hell and back :grouphug:
Glad it's behind you now I'm prying you get the best trip ever with lots of pixie dust.
Will be reading along all the way :love:
Xx

So relieved that it is nothing serious; I know how terrifying it is when you realise something is wrong but are waiting for answers and how you thank your lucky stars when it is not what you dreaded most. I hope whatever it is, is easily removed and doesn't cause too much hurt!

Looking forward to hearing all about your plans!

Yay for going back :)

As Kizzy said, we are there in March too, im there 12th to 20th an extra longer stay than usual as that will be our only trip next year, due to expanding our family at somepoint next year :)

I was thinking going the same week as you two as Ruth told me about it. But on two trips the 17th was the worst day, so I try to avoid it :lmao: And when I got a call from a newbie, I just couldn't say no :lmao:

Gailius is fine now, he's going for a check up as he plays football, so I'll have to take all test results to prove it's nothing :rolleyes1

Been checking for prices and found some very very ridiculous. I could not believe my eyes and thought it was a mistake or something, like I priced 30 days....

I'm so eager to book. And when I check the deals :sad2::crazy2: What's up with those prices?

Isila said:
I was thinking going the same week as you two as Ruth told me about it. But on two trips the 17th was the worst day, so I try to avoid it :lmao: And when I got a call from a newbie, I just couldn't say no :lmao:

Gailius is fine now, he's going for a check up as he plays football, so I'll have to take all test results to prove it's nothing :rolleyes1

Been checking for prices and found some very very ridiculous. I could not believe my eyes and thought it was a mistake or something, like I priced 30 days....

There should soon be new offers out. I think September or October perhaps. I couldn't believe how much it went up by after we booked... which I must add is all Ruths fault ;) no intention of booking until Ruth facebooked me about the brilliant offers!
Oh gosh was St Patrick's day that bad!? Irish schools have holidays that week but we got unlucky in that my kids only have 2 days off instead of the usual week off so they will be out "sick" for the other 3!

It was bad. It was very busy. Very very busy. Or maybe it's just because I'm not used to queues like that. But it was a major difference from a couple days before. You could feel how crowded it was by going to rides, waiting, going for a meal. Anyway, maybe it's just the way I felt about it. But I'm not going back on that day :lmao::lmao: Stay a little longer, so I can join you.

If there was an offer combined with up to 12 stay and play for free, I'd go for that offer. But now the price is no good.

It was bad. It was very busy. Very very busy. Or maybe it's just because I'm not used to queues like that. But it was a major difference from a couple days before. You could feel how crowded it was by going to rides, waiting, going for a meal. Anyway, maybe it's just the way I felt about it. But I'm not going back on that day :lmao::lmao: Stay a little longer, so I can join you.

If there was an offer combined with up to 12 stay and play for free, I'd go for that offer. But now the price is no good.

So what do you think of the French offer?! Yay for under 12s free :cool1: Have you booked?

I would love to but I have to be home on the Saturday and I'm in college on the Monday. I dont think they will be impressed with me missing that week but I can feel a cold coming on already ;):crazy2:
Oh gosh I hate crowds but I'll just have to manage. Better to be in a crowded DLP then standing on our main street watching the usual tractors and things that appear in our St Patricks Day parade! :confused3:thumbsup2

I'm not booked yet. I'm on consideration stage now. I'd love to stay in NPB because of the pool. But the price... After I look at SF or Cheyenne price... I begin it doubt if it's worth the extra. And I have to decide on the dates and check the flights. Might need to add an extra night due late flight. As the offer is valid till October, I've got time to think, but I see good thing in the future :goodvibes

Do weekends cost more than weekdays? :confused3

Isila said:
I'm not booked yet. I'm on consideration stage now. I'd love to stay in NPB because of the pool. But the price... After I look at SF or Cheyenne price... I begin it doubt if it's worth the extra. And I have to decide on the dates and check the flights. Might need to add an extra night due late flight. As the offer is valid till October, I've got time to think, but I see good thing in the future :goodvibes

Do weekends cost more than weekdays? :confused3

It goes on which day you arrive so normally (but you would have to look at the official season/price calendar - in the brochure or online brochure) arriving Monday to Thursday are cheaper. It goes on the day you arrive, not whether you are there over the weekend.
I would work out your budget backwards. So spending money, flights, transfers and then see what's left in the fund for accommodation. NPB should be near completion by March I think. We liked it but if you cannot justify the extra spend then the SF will always get a thumbs up from me!

kizzabel said:
It goes on which day you arrive so normally (but you would have to look at the official season/price calendar - in the brochure or online brochure) arriving Monday to Thursday are cheaper. It goes on the day you arrive, not whether you are there over the weekend.
I would work out your budget backwards. So spending money, flights, transfers and then see what's left in the fund for accommodation. NPB should be near completion by March I think. We liked it but if you cannot justify the extra spend then the SF will always get a thumbs up from me!

no, I can not. I don't feel like it's worth the extra. It would be lovely and kids love the pool, but I think they would love a longer stay.

So relieved for you and glad you have a trip to look forward to. I can't imagine what you must have gone through :hug:

Look forward to reading more about your plans.

So relieved for you and glad you have a trip to look forward to. I can't imagine what you must have gone through :hug:

Look forward to reading more about your plans.

Thank you :hug:

Am I crazy planning our meals prior making a booking? :rotfl: I haven't booked yet, but I find myself daydreaming of restaurant and cafes I want to have meals or takes the newbies :rolleyes1

Thank you :hug:

Am I crazy planning our meals prior making a booking? :rotfl: I haven't booked yet, but I find myself daydreaming of restaurant and cafes I want to have meals or takes the newbies :rolleyes1

LOL that's not crazy at all!! Not for us on here anyway!! lol

C x

cdsmiler81 said:
LOL that's not crazy at all!! Not for us on here anyway!! lol

C x

It feels so good to have people who understand you. My friends give me odd looks when I tell them I'm planing a new trip to DLP.

Just catching up - what a stressful time for you so glad you have a trip to look forward to! Delighted all OK with your little boy :thumbsup2

Hopefully you will get a good deal soon and can start on the planning big style :)

Love how there is so much so much support from fellow addicts on here :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter