A Salute to all things Disney, but mostly Magic Bars; a July 4th 2019 TR*update 11/28 new TR link!

I don't remember seeing the big checkerboard at CR when we were there last, so it must be new. ::yes::

Do you think that the 10:30am reservation at the Wave meant that they were skimping on the food offerings? We ate breakfast there in December 2017 because I had read many good reviews about it. But we thought that it was just alright, nothing special. I ordered custom made French toast, which was good, but not as good as the French toast at GF Cafe.

Your boat ride looks like a lot of fun. The only scary part of driving a boat for me is trying to dock it. I crashed into a boat house once at my grandmother's lake house, so I am hesitant to drive one of those boats. I like being the passenger best of all. :)

I hope you have a great time on your agency tour. Are WL and CBR the only two resorts that you are staying at? It would drive me crazy not to know what restaurants we were going to eat at. ;) At least you get a little park time, and the VIP tour sounds amazing. :)

I hope you're enjoying your work trip!

Yes, we rented SeaRaycers! I'd wanted to do this for awhile now but nobody else was ever onboard (onboard; searaycers; boats lol). This time in an effort to introduce something new into our trip to keep the boys maybe wanting to come back I played this up, especially since we were staying somewhere we could rent them from.
I have often thought of doing this, but never have. It looks like a lot of fun. I think they have slightly bigger ones that could take a family of four in one boat?

Hello old Discovery Island :(
I have fuzzy memories of Discovery Island in 1983. I find it really interesting how it was just left abandoned and it still exists but in a strange state of decay.

I definitely want him to go away if he wants and I would never stop him but I have recently realized I want him as close-far-away as possible lol.
❤ ❤ ❤ This is also where I tell you that I completely picked my college based upon the fact that it was the furthest from home :P

Now none of us here including me really need to become familiar with WDW but who am I to pass up a trip to my favorite place??
You clearly have a lot to learn. I cannot wait to see all the knew noledge you come back with :earboy2:

This is Us (great show) last year when she was able to visit Steve and I in the ROY DISNEY SUITE. Sorry needed to be said :wave: I
No, not it really did not. Some of us have slept in Pirate rooms pirate:

I think as long as it isn't Chef Mickey's or 1900 Park Fare dinner I'll manage. I've also told myself I will NOT eat at Story Book dining just because of what that did to Artist Point but I have a suspicion we might be doing just that.............................................
Glad to see your suspicious was very, very wrong!

I am not in control of my outfit this evening so please excuse the ill fitting and not attractive shirt I have to wear:

Not. Good.

I'd love to have the cheesy BBQ brisket that @Jenny Sanders turned me on to in May and a stay at the WL isn't complete with what I like to call "For the Love of Kari" mushroom soup @kastoney

You sure that isn't really supposed to be for the love of Terry? 🍄

Any guess as to which resort it is I will have NOT stayed at after CBR?
My instinct is AoA, but something tells me you did a little mermaid room one time. So I'll take What is the Poly for $1000? Think you love the nachos there but haven't actually stayed.

Since we finally have a free night we have FP's at AK and will probably use my Landry's card to eat at Yak and Yeti which will be new to Cathy. I also took her to Tiffin's for the first time last year and also introduced her to both the avocado margarita and the grey goose slush in France and I have to say I love showing her all the things I love!
Are you sure this human is a travel agent for Disney World :confused3

Sounds like a really fun trip with loads of awesome stuff planned. Even the not-yet-planned stuff has to be great, no? I mean, it IS Disney with friends! ;)

Have a wonderful, magical time and we'll see you when you get back!

Currently sitting at MCO awaiting my delayed flight home! It was a looong few days, saw and learned some cool stuff, saw and learned some not cool stuff. My one huge takeaway is that the BEST way to do Disney is with your loved ones, whether family or friends :love:and how hard it is to be in the World and not be able to do things the way you're used to!

I'll be back soon to update July and hopefully get this "work" trip report started :thumbsup2

Currently sitting at MCO awaiting my delayed flight home! It was a looong few days, saw and learned some cool stuff, saw and learned some not cool stuff. My one huge takeaway is that the BEST way to do Disney is with your loved ones, whether family or friends :love:and how hard it is to be in the World and not be able to do things the way you're used to!

I'll be back soon to update July and hopefully get this "work" trip report started :thumbsup2
Hopefully you'll get home soon and the flight won't be too delayed.
Hmmm.... "looong few days"... hope they were good ones, though!

I enjoyed seeing your pictures from the trip! I'm sure it's simply not as much fun to have someone else planning for you (or to travel in such a gigantic group!) I'm looking forward to hearing the new things you've learned :) Hope you're not TOO delayed!

I hope you're enjoying your work trip!
Well....................it IS always nice to be in Disney. And I did get to go to both Territory Lounge and Geyser Point so that was a plus!
I have often thought of doing this, but never have. It looks like a lot of fun. I think they have slightly bigger ones that could take a family of four in one boat?
They do! I think the bigger boats fit like 8 or 10; not sure if there are any that fit just 4 or 8 but we've seen those boats out not filled so you can definitely rent them. I also believe they come with a CM driver :sail:
This is also where I tell you that I completely picked my college based upon the fact that it was the furthest from home :P
I have absolutely no trouble believing this but do not tell Ricky!
No, not it really did not. Some of us have slept in Pirate rooms pirate:
Yeah that's a room I won't be staying in although I just booked someone there and another agent moved to one after our work trip was over. Her son wanted to try it...............I'll take my R.O.D suite thanks!
Not. Good.
:sad2: I believe I did a good job of "fixing" it after our group picture 💩
My instinct is AoA, but something tells me you did a little mermaid room one time. So I'll take What is the Poly for $1000? Think you love the nachos there but haven't actually stayed.
Well since you're the only one that guessed I will tell you..............you are wrong 🏆 We've stayed at the Poly twice and actually were staying there when I first met our dear friend Kelly @buzzrelly! The resort I have not yet stayed at - well now it's 2 kind of since I haven't stayed at Gran Destino Tower either - is..............

Port Orleans Riverside!
Are you sure this human is a travel agent for Disney World :confused3
It's funny because there are agents who know ALOT and some that just know the basics and others that are in between. Cathy just doesn't go as often and does not eat at the same places "we" do lol; she also is a dining plan fan so that changes things.
ounds like a really fun trip with loads of awesome stuff planned. Even the not-yet-planned stuff has to be great, no? I mean, it IS Disney with friends! ;)
There were some great moments; just that "Ah, I'm HERE" feel and especially being at WL for 4 nights
Hopefully you'll get home soon and the flight won't be too delayed.
Hmmm.... "looong few days"... hope they were good ones, though!
Flight ended up taking off about 20 minutes prior to the delay time so only 40 minutes late, not bad :thumbsup2 There were some fun moments on the trip and I got to see some neat things but we were definitely go-go-go with very little sleep time lol
I enjoyed seeing your pictures from the trip!
Thank you! I made it look good didn't I?
! I'm sure it's simply not as much fun to have someone else planning for you (or to travel in such a gigantic group!)
Yes and Yes, Thirty people like we did sometimes in May? Not a big deal, more of a trying to stay together issue. HAVING to travel with 100 people and not wander, wait when one stops for something or is missing, or when 100 need MB's scanned is a whole 'nother story!

Flight ended up taking off about 20 minutes prior to the delay time so only 40 minutes late, not bad :thumbsup2
That's not too bad. Heck, taxi time at a big airport can take that much!
There were some fun moments on the trip and I got to see some neat things but we were definitely go-go-go with very little sleep time lol
So... just like any other Disney trip! :laughing:

Boy did I miss my DIS time while I was away! I know some of you saw my posts on Facebook so you know quite a bit of what we did during our Disney "work conference". Before I went I would have put a 😉 by "work" but now.......well, you'll all have to wait until I finish this TR and follow along when I start that one! But here's one cool moment of our classroom training:

Yes we did match specifically for this surprise! And I must share this picture I got while away of my granddaughter:

But for now let's go back to summer, to what had so far really been a great family trip~

We were up to July 6th and had spent the day so far eating breakfast at the Wave and then renting sea raycers for the first time which was totally awesome. It was just around noon when we finished and we had fastpasses starting soon at MK; for the first time we WALKED over to MK from the Contemporary! Ricky said his foot was feeling ok after kind of resting all morning and he wanted to walk rather than take the monorail so that's what we did. While it was hot it wasn't sweltering; we were headed to Chikapin Falls anyway so I knew we'd cool off!

The FP line was backed up as the ride had been down for awhile apparently so instead of getting to walk right inside while smirking at those in the SB line, we got stuck outside for a bit. For the first time I noticed this hanging above me

It's in a tree almost right before you go into the ride building, so cute! We either always have a FP or go when SB is short and are walking right in, not really noticing the details outside. I would love to share our ride photo but in a surprising turn of events, MDE is "unable to handle your request" at this time.

#disneyit
#nomoneytofixit

When we were done I had to go to the ladies' to check the bangs so these guys hung outside:

And on to our next FP's we went! I know they were Big Thunder and Pirates and then we had a late lunch reservation to get to! But let me back up................................

Shortly after we rode Splash Ricky declared he wanted a milkshake. This actually sounded really good to me! But where can you get a milkshake in the MK other than the Plaza restaurant
🤔

Nowhere that we could find including the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor much to our surprise. We walked all the way to the front of the park to be told no-go and then back to BTMRR with 2 disappointed peeps. But then I got a WONDERFUL idea! Let's just eat a late lunch AT THE PLAZA! So that's what we did, grabbed a 3:30 lunch so Ricky and I could have our milkshakes. One more reason I prefer not being 100% rigidly scheduled when we go to Disney!

We got there and were super thankful for the A/C. Steve was trying to behave so instead of a milkshake he got this:

But not so for Ricky! Although he did go light on the food in order to take advantage of the bottomless (chocolate) milkshakes

My shake of choice was my favorite type of ice cream, mint chocolate chip:

I don't really order milkshakes often at all; this was the first one I'd had in probably 4 or 5 years and it was well worth the wait! I did my best to finish the extra in the cup and was quite successful; Ricky went for a little more than extra 🍨 No milkshake emoji so this is as close as I could get!

To go with my milkshake I veered from my fried green tomato sandwich to try something new:

Plaza Loaded Fries
French Fries topped with Melted Cheese, Bacon, Lettuce, Tomatoes, and Ranch Dressing

These were perfect and really hit the "not starving but need something" spot! Steve also went for the "nsbns" dish with a lobster salad not currently on the menu:

There were tons of lobster chunks in here and he declared it a "nsbns" winner.

Now Chris on the other hand WAS starving, so like the rest of us he ordered something he'd never had here:

Honey-Barbecued Beef Brisket Burger
Served on a Brioche Bun with Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, and Provolone

bbq.jpg

He wasn't sure if he'd like the brisket; he did remove it from the burger to eat separately but he enjoyed it and cleaned his plate other than the ill begotten tomato he forgot to say not to bring. The Plaza as always was a win and Ricky and I were able to appease our milkshake cravings. After this we were ready to head out of the park; positive side, we had some really cool DIS friends time coming up later! negative side, Ricky's foot was swelling up again and so he was going to sit the evening out :(

Perfect!
And I must share this picture I got while away of my granddaughter:
Awwww... cutie. :)
for the first time we WALKED over to MK from the Contemporary!
I've done that walk... It's so close!
Ricky said his foot was feeling ok after kind of resting all morning
Good!
For the first time I noticed this hanging above me
::yes:: I have seen those... Um... you did notice that there were several of them, yes?
I would love to share our ride photo but in a surprising turn of events, MDE is "unable to handle your request" at this time.
:sad2:
But where can you get a milkshake in the MK other than the Plaza restaurant 🤔
I stopped and thought about this... and maybe Aunty Gravity?
I checked the menu and... ::yes::
But only chocolate shake (and I suspect it's seasonal, pumpkin spice milkshake)
Nowhere that we could find including the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor much to our surprise.
Really? Now that surprises me!

So I looked at that too.
Sundaes, ice cream cookie, or cone. That's it!
(But now that "apple blossom" sundae is on my list. ;)
Although he did go light on the food in order to take advantage of the bottomless (chocolate) milkshakes
Smart lad.
My shake of choice was my favorite type of ice cream, mint chocolate chip:
Excellent choice. That'd be mine too, I think. :)
I don't really order milkshakes often at all
For all my love of ice cream... neither do I.
this was the first one I'd had in probably 4 or 5 years
Really! And yet... I think I might be in the same boat. I usually order a sundae or "blizzard".
French Fries topped with Melted Cheese, Bacon, Lettuce, Tomatoes, and Ranch Dressing
Interesting combo.
These were perfect and really hit the "not starving but need something" spot!
Glad you liked it. Had my doubts.
There were tons of lobster chunks in here and he declared it a "nsbns" winner.
Whoa, that looks amazing. Shame it's not on the menu now.
Ricky's foot was swelling up again and so he was going to sit the evening out
:sad2:
Cathy and I were just both so ready to go home the minute they mentioned delay we were like :faint:
Awww... :hug:
Um in hindsight I guess I DID make it sound like that lol!
;)

Anxious to hear about your work trip, but I can definitely imagine how it's bittersweet to be there and not be able to do Disney how you want to and how you're used to. That's how I feel on non-solo trips :rotfl2:

Love this, gonna start using it. I live most of my life in a constant state of nsbns :laughing:

I enjoyed all your pictures on FB of your work visit. Wow 100 people to keep together would be a chore! Disney is for vacation however I am still Jealous of your work trips, haha!

Loaded fries and milkshakes yes please!

That's a great picture of you with Mickey and Minnie!

I love the details on Splash! I think Space eeks it out as my favorite MK mountain, but I'm very fond of Splash.

That looks like a very tasty lunch at the Plaza! Anika and I ate there in 2015 and really enjoyed our meals and I'd absolutely eat there again! (I also find it stunning that there are so few milkshake options at MK! Perhaps they weren't there in July, but it looks like the Golden Oak Outpost in Frontierland has a few milkshake options. They appear to be more "specialty" options as they're Rocky Road and Dulce de Leche flavors rather than the usual chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry... but at least that's something?)

I was very sad, also sad that I couldn't find a Forky plush (for myself) because he's one of my 2 favorite characters from TS4 along with these guys:

:o
One...AJ has a Forky plush. He got it before they recalled them. I thought they brought them back after the recall so maybe this was during the recall time? Also, I love the freaky Goosebumps-looking guys and Gabby Gabby!
we did this walk on instead:

:thumbsup2 Love it!!
Popcorn on TOT what??? I didn't notice when we left but I guarantee there was at least one piece on the floor. Oh and Ricky's "ride face" is back complete with looking off in the corner at nothing. Unless.......did he see a 👻 Also not sure what's going on with my hair? It looks like I have extensions in the back and I swear I don't. I do have 40 gallons of hair though so I guess that's it!
:rotfl2:
And with this - we were done. Sadly done. We left about 30 minutes before it ended and only rode 5 attractions, pathetic! We definitely could have done more, we could have done TSM again as a walk on, or SDD with another 20 minute wait, and RnRc was a walk on all night. But between Ricky's foot and my anger over the TOT wait times we all felt it was time to go. So this my friends is what was worse than that pathetic looking Maya Grill chicken, the fact that during a 3 hour special event at HS I only got to ride TOT 1 time. I hang my head in defeat and shame 🥴
This sounds awful. Please Disney do not ruin AH before I get to try them all! BTW, did you see VAH is coming back (I'm sure you have). I am hoping to partake again!

Now I'm lucky if I can update once a week and half the time not even that!
Well that is way more often than me! LOL
I had forgotten about this area until I saw the pictures again this summer :goodvibes
It was so fun. I bet my boys would've loved it.
I can really take or leave the ride but Chris likes it. So I don't mind riding it once every couple of trips for something different.
We shall see how the family reacts in November, if we make it. LOL
it is funny that the guys are the ones who don't want to leave.
It really is.
I'm somewhat new to Bloody Mary's as I've only been ordering them for about 18 months, but I know what I like and this wasn't it! It didn't have any tomato taste but tasted......chemically?
Gross.
Last time we were here they still had bottomless mimosas which I partook of.
I thought they still did. We had a reservation for our October trip for departure day but we ended up cancelling it.
The boys didn't think breakfast was all that either but hey, it fixed our hunger for the time being.
So not something I need to hurry to experience.
Something we'd never done before!

Yes, we rented SeaRaycers!
You know we love this!
the other was driven by none other than the one with the 3 month old driver's license:

rickymesr.jpg
I am looking forward to this one of these days! As of now, I have to be one of the drivers.
This was so much more fun than we thought it would be!
We enjoy it so much. We probably won't be at WL in June 2020 as I am trying for Beach Club or Boardwalk and I don't know that either of those have an option like this. We may have to make a trip over because it is like tradition for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter