A Solo Trip: Is It Spring Or Winter? Feb. 25-Mar. 3, 2018! *COMPLETED 6/9/18*

Hibachi grills are so much fun!

I had a great afternoon listening to the Voices of Liberty. I also heard them sing a couple of songs that I haven’t heard in a long time.

I have now come to Disney’s Hollywood Studios to see Fantasmic. Is it sad that one of the main reasons I want to see Fantasmic at DHS is for the pre-show soundtrack?

Last edited:
Well, I did something for the first time ever tonight. I sat during a firework show! I have never experienced a crowd that just decided to stay seated before. There were some people that stood, but I had a great view of the Chinese Theater by sitting.

I’m off to Disney Springs to buy something before I head to my resort for the night.

Tomorrow is going to be so much fun!

“Good mornin',
Good mornin'!
We've talked the whole night through,
Good mornin'
Good mornin' to you.

Good mornin', good mornin'!
It's great to stay up late,
Good mornin', good mornin' to you.

When the band began to play
The sun was shinin' bright.
Now the milkman's on his way,
It's too late to say goodnight.

So, good mornin', good mornin'!
Sunbeams will soon smile through,
Good mornin', good mornin', to you.”

I miss that song playing in the Magic Kingdom every morning!

So, I guess you might have figured out that I am off to the Magic Kingdom this morning!!! :)

Had a great morning in the Magic Kingdom! I’ve done many of my favorite attractions like Big Thunder, Splash Mountain, the Railroad, Peter Pan, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, and Haunted Mansion!

I also had a very delicious lunch at Be Our Guest!

I’m now getting ready to see Hall of Presidents. I really enjoy this show due to some personal reasons.

I’ll be experiencing the Jungle Cruise, the Tiki Room, Country Bear Jamboree, Festival of Fantasy Parade, and possibly a couple other attractions before I leave the Magic Kingdom!

The weather is beautiful here at Walt Disney World!!!

Shout out to the very nice Jungle Cruise CM that let me still use my FastPass due to being 5 minutes past the grace period!!! That was due to a guest standing up during the Carousel of Progress. So, I experienced a scene twice for the first time!
Oh my gosh, what happened when the person stood up? Did they make a big announcement or did the person stand up because they had to leave? Because of slightly claustrophobic reasons, I fear being stuck in Carousel of Progress as there is no way to get out without shutting it down (at least that is what I've heard).

Oh my gosh, what happened when the person stood up? Did they make a big announcement or did the person stand up because they had to leave? Because of slightly claustrophobic reasons, I fear being stuck in Carousel of Progress as there is no way to get out without shutting it down (at least that is what I've heard).
They have to reset the system. So, you have to watch the same scene again. So, if 1-how many groups of people decide to get up in any of the rooms, you will have to watch any particular scene again.

I hust had an annoying Disney bus driver tell jokes and point several things out on WDW property. The pointing out things wasn’t bad, but as we are drove by EPCOT, he said EPCOT stands for “Experimental Prototype CITY of Tomorrow.” That was a fail. *facepalm*

I’m now at Disney’s Hollywood Studios for a couple hours.

“Experimental Prototype CITY of Tomorrow.”

I have some historic video where Walt calls it "City of tomorrow" but I'm betting the bus driver wasn't referencing that.:earboy2: Great report so far, can you share what you purchased at Disney Springs?

I have some historic video where Walt calls it "City of tomorrow" but I'm betting the bus driver wasn't referencing that.:earboy2: Great report so far, can you share what you purchased at Disney Springs?
I know he said city, but it’s real meaning for C is COMMUNITY.

I bought a Lion King print that could only be found at the Art of Disney store. I’m obsessed with getting Lion King artwork.

I am having great experiences tonight at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!

I was on Tower of Terror, and we started to go forward. Right before reaching the door to go to the “drop” sequence, we stopped and the lights turned on. So, I sat in an elevator for 20 minutes before getting evacuated off Tower of Terror. If you are wondering if I had to climb down stairs, nope! There’s another elevator in an elevator ride. So, I would get 2 fast passes for tonight or tomorrow at any park (excluding some attractions) plus a re-ride on the other side of Tower of Terror! Best evacuation off of a Disney ride experience ever!!!

I would then make my way to Rock N’ Rollercoaster before making my way to EPCOT since it has evening EMH tonight.

My original plan was to go eat at Katsura Grill, but as I was walking there, I decided to check and see if I could walk-up to Rose & Crown. Rose & Crown is my Dad’s favorite restaurant, and I was kinda thinking of trying to eat there on this trip.

So, I was able to get in! That means I’ll get to watch Illuminations from the Rose & Crown VIP viewing area. :)

I literally just had one of the best Disney days that I have ever had!!! Today was just fantastic.

I had a nice dinner at Rose & Crown and the special viewing area of Illuminations is awesome from there!

It was then time for evening Extra Magic Hours at EPCOT! I would complete the “Big 3” which is Frozen, Test Track, and Soarin. I entered the Soarin line within the last minute of Extra Magic Hours, and I was on the last flight of the day.

I’m looking forward to tomorrow, because I get to do something for the first time!

I am considering planning my first ever solo trip next year. I am a little nervous about doing it, but reading your trip report really reduces my stress.
Thank you for joining in. The only time I have ever experienced stress is my "planning" stage. That was due to me planning this trip so quickly.

The nice thing about going solo is you are able to do what you want whenever you want. For example...I have this huge schedule planned almost down to the minute or at least half hour segments. I'm only half way through this trip, and I have already changed many things since I wasn't feeling like doing it or I just couldn't make it in time. I was not expecting to eat at Rose & Crown at all, but I knew it was getting late so I figured I would see if I could get in. I magically got in. My best trips to Disney have always been solo trips.

Hello everyone! It's another beautiful day here at Walt Disney World. I am heading off to Disney's Hollywood Studios this morning where I'll enjoy a couple of attractions and possibly get a few character meet & greets. I'm thinking of getting Woody and Buzz, Sorcerer Mickey, and some of the Star Wars characters. After my morning at DHS, I'll be making my way to do an experience that I have never done while at Walt Disney World!

Had a great morning at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!

I am now enjoying my first ever Spring Training Baseball Game at ESPN Wide World of Sports. I’m seeing the Atlanta Braves vs. New York Mets. I’m also not a fan of any of these teams so I might be wearing a KC Royals hat and a
LA Angels shirt. :D

So, is it Spring or Winter? It feels like spring, but it is technically winter. It’s so hot out here!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter