A total disaster

Glad it worked out. Thank goodness you lived near by. And a top notch SIL.

On my family’s first cruise back in 2010, when everyone wore at least a collared shirt to dinner. I forgot my sons shirts. He was turning 16 on the cruise and at 6’4”, he thankfully fit in a nice men’s DCL golf shirt and a collared Hawaiian print shirt. They wore pricey. Lol! Oh the fun of traveling.

Happy cruising!!😎👍🏻🚢

That‘s going to be an expensive clothes bill. I recommend using the ship’s laundry to wash what you wore aboard and wear it 1 maybe 2 more times while you are there. That will help a little. Good luck.
What does he wear why they are washing?

So my husband loads the suitcases too and literally every time we travel before I get in the car passenger seat I take a detour to open the trunk and count the bags. He thinks I am paranoid for double checking. Thanks OP I will show him thid thread and win the argument next time!

Glad you got your bag in the end!

So glad you got your bag!! We take 2 suitcases for my dd and me. I put 1/2 of each of our things in each suitcase. That way if one bag gets left behind or lost, we each have enough stuff to get us by for a few days. Would just have to do laundry, but better than having nothing and having to buy a ton of stuff.

Spoken like a true man. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Not a disaster. It’s the tropics. A couple of button down island shirts, a couple of bathing suits, a pair of flip-flops. Add in some sun screen.

it’s probably too late for a drug store run- Walgreens has all you need!

here’s to a memorable cruise!

Spoken like a true man. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I think I look better in swim trunks, but. if you insist, I“ll get a manikinI instead.

My pediatrician once told my mother there are 3 reasons to wear shoes: Keep your feet warm, keep your feet from getting hurt, and to get French Fries at McDonalds. This was before the drive-thus emerged- we lived in Fort Lauderdale, so cold was not an issue.

Yes we are a party of 5 and I just realized I only loaded 4 into the car
That's a lot of luggage for 5. We had 2 suitcases on our cruise for my wife and I and our two adult sized children. That includes formal wear for all 4.

I know how you feel, Qantas lost my luggage coming from Australia a couple of days out before a 4 night cruise on Royal Caribbean and I had everything in there. I got it back the night before sailing and when I laid eyes on it it was like winning the lottery.

So glad you got your bag!! We take 2 suitcases for my dd and me. I put 1/2 of each of our things in each suitcase. That way if one bag gets left behind or lost, we each have enough stuff to get us by for a few days. Would just have to do laundry, but better than having nothing and having to buy a ton of stuff.

We do the same after learning the hard way when the airline "lost" most of our luggage for 10 days out of a 14 day trip, we also pack a few days clothes in our carry on. So glad the OP got the case in time

On my wedding cruise, we left a suitcase in the car and didn’t realise until we had set sail.

Thankfully it wasn’t anything important but it could have been a disaster! I’m glad this had a happy ending.

I had this happen once on a cruise to Alaska’s when the airlines lost two of our suitcases…they then said they found one and they described my luggage so my mom and I ran like crazy around Vancouver getting clothes for my dad for the cruise. A few minutes before we left for the ship a suitcase showed up and it was my dads and not mine. So he had lots of clothes and I had what I was wearing. On the ship (which was RCCL) I was able to get jeans and some shirts but the hard thing got to get was underwear! I had to wait till first port and we went through all the stores trying to find underwear. It wasn’t as easy as you’d expect but did eventually get some and my suitcase showed up at next port late in the day. Thankfully, we had insurance that covered my shopping spree and getting the suitcase to us.

I've only had luggage lost/delayed once. I went to Spain in 2006 with a friend for a week. Fortunately, we were staying with the family I had lived with during study abroad and I knew a cheap place to pick up some clothes...but the suitcase didn't arrive until the day before we were supposed to leave. :confused3 I can't imagine being stuck on a cruise with no clothes!

I once was chatting with a woman at the spa on the Fantasy when she and I were getting pedicures, and she told me that she and her young daughters were once on the DCL Alaska cruise and the airline lost their suitcase. They bought t-shirts and underwear on board the ship and at the first Alaska port, they were able to get into town and buy replacement clothes from a thrift store. They just didn't worry about dressing up on that cruise. I think I remember that DCL helped them out, too, by giving them something but I may have that part wrong, though I do remember that she was telling me this as one reason she loves DCL. It was quite a story!

So glad the crisis was averted! My children think I am crazy that we all put a few outfits in each suitcase instead of having an individual one for each person. I figure if something happens it is better for everyone to lose a few things than for one person to lose everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter