A Trip Filled With Character: Our June 2023 Trip (Completed 8/3)

nemolover22

Mouseketeer
INTRODUCTION
HELLO HUMANS:wave2:

I'm so excited to be back on the Dis with another trip report! My last and only trip report I have written was from 10 years ago! If you want to read that report you can do so here. So much has changed since that last trip report but before we get into that lets start with a little overview about our trip (you can read the PTR here).
We were at Disney from June 3-11 and stayed at the Riviera Resort. OMG that resort was such a DREAM:lovestruc My last trip to Disney was 2 years ago so I was so excited to get back and see all of the changes. Also, I as very excited about things getting back to normal and not having to wear a mask!
Now it's time for some introductions:
First we have myself! In the 10 years since my last trip report I have graduated from college with a bachelor's degree in Hospitality Management and worked at Walt Disney World for a total of 3 years. That's right, my dream of working at Disney did come true:cheer2: In 2014-2015, I participated in the Disney College Program working as QSFB at Caribbean Beach Resort (also got to work at Food & Wine) and worked in Merch at Epcot where I had the opportunity to work at Pin Central (RIP), Club Cool, Test Track, Mission Space, and Art of Disney. I loved working at Disney so much that after I graduated college, I went back for another DCP where I was a Vacation Planner at Hollywood Studios in 2018. I only worked that role for a few months before I got accepted for a Professional Internship as a Guest Relations Hostess at Hollywood Studios where I spent the remainder of my time at Disney. I was part of the opening team for Toy Story Land and Galaxy's Edge & got to be a tour guide for the Star Wars Guided Tour before that went away in 2019. I gained so much valuable experience working for Disney and even met my husband there! Unfortunately, in 2020 when Covid happened I was furloughed and after about 6 months of not working, my husband & I made the difficult decision to move to my hometown in PA which is where we currently reside. We miss Disney a lot but know that we can always go visit there and plan to retire there!

1686835564555.png

Favorite Restaurant - Toppolinos
Favorite Snack - Gideon's Cookies
Favorite Park - Hollywood Studios
Favorite Ride - Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway or Guardians
Favorite Character - Winnie the Pooh
Next up, my DH Paul.
Paul is my very best friend and I'm so glad I met my prince charming while working at Disney. He worked in Security at Hollywood Studios while I was working there and the rest is history! He proposed to me in 2019 right beside the touchpoints at Hollywood Studios because that's where we met. Before Covid, Paul transferred to the Disney Springs Boats as a captain and he absolutely loved that position and misses it so much. He said it was so relaxing! He grew up in Boston, MA so I'm not sure how I convinced him to move to my small town in PA haha!
1686835940584.png

Favorite Restaurant - Toppolinos
Favorite Snack - Num Num Cookie
Favorite Park - Hollywood Studios
Favorite Ride - Guardians
Favorite Character - Stitch or Chip & Dale as the Rescue Rangers
Next, is Paul's parents, Anne & Steve.
1686836101665.png
They are from MA and we had not seen them in close to a year so we were so excited to spend this time with them. They are DVC owners and have been since the 90s so we were blessed to stay with them at Riviera (they typically stay at the MK resorts because of the monorail but we convinced them to try the Riviera so they could see the Skyliner and they ended up loving it). This was their first trip back to Disney since 2019 so it was so exciting to see their reactions to all of the new things. They celebrated their 50th anniversary on this trip!
And lastly, joining us on our last 2 days was my family!
1686836436344.png

Their trip overlapped with ours so we got to spend 2 days with them! You might recognize them from my last TR. The only one you might not recognize is Belle's boyfriend, Seth, who this was his first ever trip to Disney.

That's all I have for introductions, so fasten your seatbelts and pull on the yellow tag to get ready for this trip report!

DAY 1 PART 1
TRAVEL DAY

The day has finally arrived! It was travel day!! I woke up around 7am because I had a hard time sleeping and was so excited to be off to Disney but first I had to get in some extra snuggles with our dog, Shellie:dog:
1686836880938.png
Shellie is 2 years old and we got her right after our last trip to Disney. This was our first time ever leaving here so I was so sad and didn't want her confused. Luckily, my sister Belle and my aunt watched her while we were away so Shellie never had to leave the comfort of our home. I definitely shed a few tears before we left.
1686837935850.png
Here was my travel day outfit!

Around 9:15am we headed to the airport! It's about an hour drive to the airport and this time we were using this parking service outside the airport because it was about half the price of parking at the airport. You got to save where you can before you go to Disney! We made it to the parking area around 10:20am and were on the shuttle to the airport in just a couple of minutes.
1686837100579.png
We made it to the airport in just a couple minutes and were dropped off right at the Southwest Area. The airport was completely empty! We were able to check our bags with no wait and walked right through security. We were surprised for it being a late Saturday morning but we weren't complaining! Within a few minutes we were on the shuttle to the gates.
1686837267672.png
Once we got off the shuttle, we found our gate and then figured out what we wanted to do for lunch since it was just a little before 11. I already knew I wanted Chick Fil A because it's my favorite and the closest one to us is 40 minutes away so I decided to get in line there. Paul took a stroll throughout the area to see what he wanted. He decided on this Japanese place and of course it had no line so he was able to wander the airport, get his food, and eat it all before I even ordered at Chick Fil A! I didn't get any pictures of his food because he ate it so fast but he said he wouldn't get it again.
1686837416469.png
I got the classic #1 meal from Chick Fil A (my fav) and took my time eating it to enjoy every last bite. Once I was done, we headed off to our gate. Our gate was PACKED with families! I guess this is where all the people were. Luckily we found a seat and only had to wait about 30 minutes until boarding started. Boarding seemed to take a long time because so many families were boarding after the A group for family boarding. Paul and I were in B boarding so we were afraid we wouldn't get to sit together. I had group B 28 and Paul had B 59 so I was in charge of finding our seats so the stress was on. Paul said he just didn't want the emergency exit because he wanted to recline his seat. Well once I got on the plane I was too busy looking for two seats together and as soon as I heard the flight attendant say she had two seats where you had to be 18 and over I went straight to those! It wasn't until I sat down and buckled that I realized I was in the emergency exit row. Oh well we got a kick out of that or at least I did:rotfl2:
Our flight took off a few minutes before our actual time of 12:50 and soon we were on our way to Orlando. We had a pretty easy flight and I watched the Man Called Otto. Let me tell you, I bawled so if you don't want to ugly cry on a plane I suggest waiting to watch it at home!
1686837772778.png
We landed around 3pm which was about 10 minutes early! We checked in with Paul's parents who were landing around the same time and they were landed but stuck on the plane. We got off the plane pretty quickly and headed off to the fake-o-rail! Once we got off that, we headed down to baggage claim. Now this is where our travel day takes a turn for the worst...
We were patiently waiting for our bags and they kept mentioning there might be bad weather in the area. I thought it was nothing because I saw the sun shining outside and it was around 3pm in Orlando which is always when quick storms happen. We were in terminal A to get our bags and Paul's parents were in terminal B to get theirs. They had just gotten theirs so we told them to hang out there since we had to go to that terminal anyways to get the rental car. Well half of our flight's bags come out and then they announced that there is lightning in the area so they couldn't get any other bags at this time. I was bummed about this delay but thought it would only last about 10 minutes. Well after 30 minutes Paul pulls up the radar and it shows storms lasting until this evening. After an hour we start to revaluate our plans for the evening. We planned on stopping at Publix before getting to our resort but now with this delay we thought we might not have time to stop there before our dining reservation at the Boathouse. Oh well, it stunk having to changed plans but that wasn't a big deal.
After waiting an hour and half, we really started to get concerned. Poor Anne & Steve were stuck in terminal B waiting for us and we felt so bad! Also, we started to think we were not going to make it to our 7pm dining reservation at the Boathouse so we called them to explain our situation and they were very understanding but said the only other time was 9pm. We took that time but that was so late we were thinking we were not going to want to eat dinner that late.
1686838359496.png

After 2 hours of waiting, we decided to call the Boathouse back and cancel. I was so upset because I have been looking forward to the filet mignon sliders from there. Paul's parents decided to bring all of their stuff and come join us at our baggage claim. Of course, as soon as they arrive they open them back up and within 20 minutes we received our bags after waiting 2.5 hours! What a damper to our travel day. We tried to remain positive and said if this is the worst thing to happen to us all trip than that's okay! I kept thinking though if Magical Express was back this wouldn't have been a problem because they would have gotten our bags for us. Please bring that back Disney!

Once we received our bags, we lugged all of our luggage from terminal A to terminal B to get the rental car from Budget. Luckily there was no line so we were heading to the garage pretty quickly. There was a little bit of mix up with the rental car where they were trying to charge us more than what was paid but after we finally got it all sorted out we were finally on our way to Disney at around 6:30pm!

Last edited:

So looking forward to reading- seems like we have a lot in common! That stinks about the luggage situation and the Boathouse, hoping you all had a smooth night afterwards and still got to enjoy a nice first meal at Disney

Glad to be following! :D Wow it is incredible that you and Paul have such a history with Disney and I love seeing your little furbaby, as I love furbabies :love:. I am so sorry for your travel day troubles, especially because it was basically right when you and Paul's parents arrived, causing you guys to miss your dinner at Boathouse, which is a place I hope to try one day :guilty:. Loving all the details and pics and honored to be a part of your TR! Have a wonderful weekend! :D

:welcome:
Following along!!!
So looking forward to reading- seems like we have a lot in common! That stinks about the luggage situation and the Boathouse, hoping you all had a smooth night afterwards and still got to enjoy a nice first meal at Disney
Thank you for following along! Hope you had a wonderful trip to Disney:D
Following- hoping the evening improves for you!
Following!
Glad to be following! :D Wow it is incredible that you and Paul have such a history with Disney and I love seeing your little furbaby, as I love furbabies :love:. I am so sorry for your travel day troubles, especially because it was basically right when you and Paul's parents arrived, causing you guys to miss your dinner at Boathouse, which is a place I hope to try one day :guilty:. Loving all the details and pics and honored to be a part of your TR! Have a wonderful weekend! :D
Thank you for following along! I love furbabies too so I'm glad you enjoy them. I know the timing of the luggage delay really was at a bad time but I'm glad we were able to land safely before the storms started.

DAY 1 PART 2
The Best View

When I last left off, we were finally leaving the airport and on our way to Disney! It was crazy after being delayed for so long at baggage claim the sun was out and shining. Of course, none of our phones were getting any service in the rental car garage so luckily Paul was a little familiar with leaving the airport because we were on our own for about 5 minutes until we got service back. The ride to our hotel was pretty easy and only took about 5 minutes. Originally we planned on stopping at Publix to get some groceries for the week but we decided we do this after Disney Springs.
Now, you might be wondering why we were on such a time crunch to get to Disney Springs. Well, we had planned to meet up with one of Paul's bestfriend and meet his fiance. We had planned to do Boathouse with them and sadly they were disappointed that we had to cancel that reservation but there was nothing else we could do because there was no way that we were going to make it. Paul's friend is a marine and helped us to get the military disney park tickets which we greatly appreciated! We had planned to meet in springs to make sure our park tickets were activated so we needed to do this tonight before going to our first park the next day. I spent the drive to our resort texting with his friend to make the plans of when we we would meet at springs. It was decided that we would meet there between 7:20-7:30. Next thing I knew, we were coming up to this beautiful sight!
1687281104812.png
Around 7pm, we were pulling into the Riviera Resort. It was so beautiful and we were so excited that we didn't get any pictures! We were taking it all in. The lobby smelled so good! Paul dropped us off with bags and we went inside to wait for him as he parked the car. Anne & Steve went to speak with the front desk which they don't really even have a front desk at this resort but the front desk castmember said our room had the best view so that made us even more excited! Soon enough, Paul made it in the lobby and we took all of our bags up to our room.
We were in room 8748 and let me tell you it was just beautiful! We loved this room and the view. We were in a 2br villa with a preferred room.
1687281432623.png
This was the view from our balcony! We loved being able to see everything. I facetimed my parents a view of this room and then before we knew it it was already 7:25. So we quickly had to rush the room to head to Disney Springs. I had planned on changing my outfit for springs but I didn't even have time to open my suitcase. Since, I didn't get around to taking pictures of the room until midweek during our trip, please excuse any messes but here are the pictures:
1687281553917.png
1687281567848.png
1687281577685.png
1687281641404.png1687281671893.png

I swear I took one of the living room/kitchen but I can't find it:confused3
Next thing, we were in the car on the way to Disney Springs. Luckily it was only a few minute drive away from our resort. We typically park in the lime garage but with it being a Saturday night we didn't want to chance it so we parked in the orange garage on the very top. Once we got out of the parking garage we met up with Paul's friend and headed to Guest Relations. There was only a few minute wait but then we were able to get everything sorted within 10 mins. I even asked if they could give Paul's parents a happily ever after badge because their 50th anniversary was a few weeks prior and a happy birthday badge because Anne's birthday was a few days after our trip. After we were done in Guest Relations it was time to figure out where we wanted to eat. Some people wanted to do sit down but others like myself were very tired and wanted something quick. Anne said she was in the mood for Earl of Sandwich so that's where we went! On the way, we saw this beautiful rainbow.
1687282098832.png
When we got to Earl of Sandwich, there was barely any line and right away I saw a table open up with 6 chairs. I made sure Paul knew what to order for me and I ran for that table. We were very happy that we found a seat indoors. I got what I always get, the Holiday Turkey but I'm picky so I only get it with turkey and stuffing.
1687282197947.png
This hit the spot! It was so delicious:cool1: Paul got the meatball, and Anne & Steve both got the holiday turkey also I think. We got some chips to split and Anne got me & her a brookie (cookie and brownie combined). She knows the way to my heart (sweets lol). We visited with friends and then next thing I knew I looked at my watch and saw it was 9pm. We planned to go to Publix before going back to the room and it closed at 10pm. We quickly said our goodbyes and power walked to the car so that we could make it to Publix. We made it to Publix around 9:30 and were able to finish all of our shopping by 9:55. We just got some bottled water, milk, Publix lemonade (the best), chips, ice cream, and pastries for breakfast.
Soon we were on our way back to our resort and we were all so tired. Paul & I wanted to get refillable mugs and saw that Primo Priatto closed at 11pm so we were hoping to make it back before then. We got back to the resort and lugged all our groceries to the room and then ran to Primo Priatto to get our mugs. I was unsure on if I wanted these because it seemed expensive but we definitely got our money's worth. Paul is a diabetic and they had so many 0 sugar offerings that he loved! Riviera has one of those smart machines that has so many different flavor options.
Once we got those, we got back to the room and unpacked.

1687282761951.png

It was finally time to shower and get ready for bed! Stay tuned for our first park day.

Total steps: 9,279

DAY 2 PART 1
HAVING A WILD TIME

This morning I woke up so excited because it was our first park day!!!! I remember that I was so tired but that I didn't sleep well because I was so excited. I woke up around 6:00am and had a chocolate chip muffin from Publix before I started getting ready for the day. I stepped out to take a picture on our balcony to try to get a sunrise photo but you couldn't really see it but it was still cool to see all of the castmembers working in the morning to water the pants and such.
1687453639616.png

Today we were going to Animal Kingdom! I love Animal Kingdom🌳 I just think that it is such a unique park. We watched the Animal Kingdom show on Disney+ before our trip and I LOVED that show. It was so cool to be able to see behind the scenes on how they take care of all of the different animals at Disney. Watching this show made me even more excited to go to Animal Kingdom. If you haven't seen that show, I highly suggest it! Here was my outfit of the day:
1687453877699.png
At 7:30am we finally were all ready and on our way to Animal Kingdom. We decided to drive and I'm glad we did because we got very lucky with parking. We were at the very end of the row next to the sidewalk so it was not a far walk at all to the entrance of the park. At 8:00am we were heading through security and scanning into the park. It wasn't long before we were seeing the beautiful Tree of Life!
1687454002074.png
Our plan for this morning was to head to the right side of the park while everyone else went to the left side of the park. Let me tell you that this is the way to do it and I'll never do it any other way!

1687454420368.png

It was so empty on this side of the park and we decided our first ride would be Dinosaur which was posted at a 5 min wait.
1687454109501.png
We walked right through to the pre-show so it was a walk on! During this time Paul made his first DAS pass. If you don't know what the DAS pass is, it's a pass that helps individuals with disabilities who may have trouble waiting in line. I won't get into why Paul has the DAS pass for privacy reasons but this was our first time using it and it was so incredibly helpful! He was able to make a return time for us to ride Expedition Everest which is one of my favorite rides. After getting off Dinosaur, we decided to ride Triceratop Spin because sadly I don't think Dinoland will be around for much longer and there are so many rumors so might as well ride it in case it's our last time. This ride was a walk on also!
1687454388343.png
After this ride, Paul of course had to have some fun with some of the photo ops there! He was so funny posing for this one:rotfl2:

1687454545379.png
Now it was time to head to Expedition Everest! This was both Anne & Steve's first time riding this ride and I was a little nervous on what they would think and I was hoping it wouldn't be too rough for them. They ended up LOVING it and Anne said this was her new favorite ride! I'm glad they enjoyed it because it really is one of the best rides. After Everest, we tried to make a game plan on what to do next. We decided on seeing the Festival of Fantasy show at 10am which was the first show of the day! It was too early to head over there at this point but not enough time to do another attraction so we decided to stop at the Jeoffrey's coffee cart in Asia to get some caffeine. I was very excited to try Jeoffrey's because I've read on how many love it but sadly I was disappointed.
1687454779984.png
I got the iced vanilla latte and I didn't taste any vanilla or cream whatsoever! Maybe I ordered it wrong but it definitely didn't meet my expectations. Paul got a cold brew and didn't like his either and threw it out before he could finish it. If there is something else we should order let me know! We didn't get it any other time this trip so I would try it again just maybe at a different location and a different drink. After getting our drinks, we were starting to head over to Africa when we found a great picture spot of the backside of the Tree of Life. Of course we had to stop for some pictures!
1687455533231.png

1687455546107.png

After getting some pictures with the beautiful tree it was time to head to Africa to see one of my favorite shows!

Last edited:
DAY 2 PART 2
Animals Galore

I left off with us heading to see the Festival of the Lion King show. We were a few minutes early so we found a shady spot outside the theater and took turns going to the bathroom over there. Before we knew it, it was time to head inside! We got so lucky with getting a seat in the second row!
1687455746428.png
I didn't take much pictures because I really wanted to take it all in. I was so happy to see that the tumble monkeys were back because they were one of my favorite parts! This show is beautiful and a must see for me every time I come this park. I will say that I was shocked of how many empty seats were available for the first show of the day. If you want to get a good seat I would recommend coming to this show because there was no one sitting in the back!
1687455860543.png
After this show ended, it was time to head over to Kilmanjaro Safaris. This is a must do at Animal Kingdom I mean did you even come to Animal Kingdom if you didn't do the safari? I was excited to see what animals we would see!

1687455939615.png
1687456002572.png
1687456014650.png
1687456023353.png
We had a wonderful safari and it was feeding time for a lot of the animals so that was cool to see! After the safari, it was time to use our return time at Flight of Passage so we headed that way. While we waited in line we started to look at what we ended from Satuli Canteen for lunch. Unfortunately, Flight of Passage made me nauseous for the first time! I'm not sure what happened and I'm hoping it was just a fluke because I was so hungry but I did not feel good after this ride. It was a good time to stop and take a break at Satuli Canteen. We typically mobile order here but I wanted the kids chicken bowl with noodles but that wouldn't appear as an option when trying to mobile order so they said we could order inside.
1687456246888.png

Unfortunately, my chicken bowl wasn't that good. I'm not sure if it's because I wasn't feeling well but I did not eat much of it. Paul & Steve had the combination bowl with chicken & steak, Anne had the shrimp bowl, and then we ordered a kids cheeseburger pod meal because we all wanted to try that. Thankfully those chips and that pod were settling better in my stomach so I munched on that. I might order that as my adult meal next time because it was very tasty! While eating our meals we decided on our game plan for the rest of the day at Animal Kingdom. We felt like we had a very productive morning so we only had a few more things we wanted to do. When we finished, it was time for our return time at Navi River Journey. This ride is very relaxing but not something I would wait a long time for. We rode this ride at about 1pm and wanted to make it to the bird show that was at 1:30pm. This was on Anne's must do for today so it was a priority for us. We got off Navi River Journey at around 1:15pm. Will we make it to the show in time? Stay tuned to find out!

Enjoying following along! After your snafu at the airport, things seem to be going along smoothly. Your room looks so awesome! Wonderful view. Much better than a regular hotel room. A very productive morning at AK - pays to get there early!

Of course, as soon as they arrive they open them back up and within 20 minutes we received our bags after waiting 2.5 hours! What a damper to our travel day. We tried to remain positive and said if this is the worst thing to happen to us all trip than that's okay! I kept thinking though if Magical Express was back this wouldn't have been a problem because they would have gotten our bags for us. Please bring that back Disney!
I was thinking the same thing as I was reading your post! Magical Express would have solved that problem....

Enjoying following along! After your snafu at the airport, things seem to be going along smoothly. Your room looks so awesome! Wonderful view. Much better than a regular hotel room. A very productive morning at AK - pays to get there early!
Thanks for following along! We loved our room at Riviera and the view was amazing. We enjoyed just sitting on the balcony and taking the view in each day. Yes, it definitely pays to get to the parks early because you can get so much done!
I was thinking the same thing as I was reading your post! Magical Express would have solved that problem....
I know I miss Magical Express so much and the convenience of airline check in at your resort before leaving.

DAY 2 PART 3
Why Did You Ruin A Good Thing?

We left off with us power walking over to the bird show and we did in fact make it with a few minutes to spare! Luckily, the show wasn't very crowded so we were able to find a seat no problem. Now I have never seen this show because I'm a little afraid of birds but since Anne wanted to really see this I was brave. For people with fears of birds, I wouldn't recommend this show but I was glad to see it even though I spent most of the show ducking. The two hosts were so funny and it was hard to tell if they were improving or just following the script so they did a great job keeping us on our toes! I would see this show again but maybe not every trip.
1687801019418.png
The show ended around 2pm so it was time to head to one of my must dos, see Finding Nemo the musical! Now Finding Nemo is one of my favorite movies and I loved this musical but I heard there have been some changes so I was really curious to see what they changed. As we were walking over it looked like it could rain at any second so we were glad they were letting us right into the theater. I hate to say it but Disney why did you ruin this amazing show? They cut out so much. The parts that would make me emotional before were cut so short that I didn't feel anything. I was very disappointed and will not be going back to see this anytime soon. I did like how they upgraded all the projections and stuff on the stage but was very upset with everything else.

1687801269360.png
After this show, we decided it was time to start making our way out of Animal Kingdom. We had hoped to ride Expedition Everest again or do some of the trails but we were very satisfied with all that we accomplished. On the way out of course we had to stop at the gift shops! I spotted a Finding Nemo spirit jersey which I knew I needed at some point because Nemo merch was hard to come by these days. I was going to wait until later in the trip because I didn't want to spend my money too soon but Paul convinced me that I would be upset if I didn't find it anywhere else so I bought it. Spoiler alert, it was in so many gift shops I saw during the week but oh well at least I knew I had it. Once we got out of the gift shops we had a quick Kevin spotting then headed out of Animal Kingdom at 3:30pm.
1687801579109.png
We got back to the room and chilled for a little bit. It's always nice to take a little break and get freshened up! I had a nice bowl of ice cream we got from Publix in our room and took a little nap before changing into a new pair of clothes that wasn't so sweaty. We talked about what our plans were for this evening because we didn't have anything scheduled. My #1 must do for this trip was to see Fantasmic because it is my favorite and I haven't seen it in so long. We had the dining package for later in the week but with Florida weather in the summer I was afraid on weather potentially canceling it. Paul's parents were down for anything but were intrigued to try out the skyliner so it was decided that we would go to Hollywood Studios. We decided we wanted to eat at our resort for dinner so we headed down to the lobby. Paul & I checked out the gift shop and purchased dramine so I had it since my stomach wasn't feeling the best and we purchased a Riviera magnet. Our tradition is to purchase a magnet for every resort we stay at! Then, Paul's parents were talking to the DVC castmember because they were interested in seeing a 3-bedroom so we took a tour of that. Holy cow was that room huge and beautiful! I didn't take any pictures but I'm sure you can find some online by searching. Then it was time for dinner.
1687801979513.png
I got a classic Disney chicken tenders and fries. My stomach still wasn't feeling 100% so I wanted to play it safe and you can't go wrong with this. Paul & his dad both got the croque monsieur and I think they both enjoyed that and Anne had a burger. After we ate we went back to the room to relax a little bit more. Around 6:15pm we decided to head towards the skyliner to go to Hollywood Studios.
1687802107116.png
I think the skyliner is a great addition but I'm afraid of heights so it does make me very nervous. It usually takes me a few days to warm up to it. Anne & Steve loved the skyliner and I think this is their favorite form of Disney transportation now! It was scary that on our way to Studios I saw lightning and that is one thing I don't want to see while I'm dangling in the sky but we made it there safely. Once we got into Hollywood Studios Paul made a DAS pass for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway. This is my favorite ride so I was very excited for Anne and Steve to experience it for the first time. We had a little bit of time to kill and Paul really wanted a Jack Jack Num Num cookie so thats what we got.
1687802317907.png
It was meant to be because this was the last one they had! I forgot how good these were but wow this was delicious! After enjoying that delicious cookie it was time to head to Mickey & Minnie's!
1687802376953.png
I just think that this ride is so adorable. Anne & Steve both thought it was very cute and loved the dancing scene. We got stuck at the very end of the ride for about 10 minutes but it was great because Mickey and Minnie just kept singing.
1687802450236.png
Once we got off the ride it looked like it was going to storm any minute so we went into One Man's Dream to walk around in there. The weather was weird this evening because it looked like it might downpour any second but there was never a drop of rain. Once we noticed that it wasn't raining we headed over to Toy Story Mania to ride that. This is another great one especially if your family is competitive. I'm happy to say that not only did I win out of our family but I also got best in vehicle!
1687802568246.png

After I bragged about my score we decided to head over to Fantasmic and got there around 8:30pm. I noticed how the dining area was already completely full at that time so I took note for later in the week. We were sat on the far left side of the theater. Let me say that this show was even better than I remembered! They added so many new parts and it was amazing! Disney did this one right. I was so happy to see it and looking forward to seeing it a second time later on in the week. We followed the crowd leaving the theater which is the worst part and took the skyliner back to our hotel. I was thinking the skyliner line would be so bad but it moved so fast so do not worry about that! We had a great first full day and were excited to see what was in store for the rest of the week!

Step count for today: 21,807 steps

Following! I've never heard of what happened to you with your luggage at the airport happening before, wow!! Crazy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter