A Trip Filled With Character: Our June 2023 Trip (Completed 8/3)

Wow, I can't believe that it is July already! This summer is flying by and needs to slow down. Thank you to everyone who has been following along and I can't wait to share more:yay:

DAY 3 PART 1
The Best Breakfast

I woke up around 7:00am this morning because we had a very exciting dining reservation to get to. We were eating at Toppolinos for breakfast. This would be our first time dining here and we were so excited because we heard such amazing reviews. While staying at the Riviera, we knew this was a must do so we were very excited when we got this reservation. Our reservation was for 8:00am so after getting ready we were able to check in through the app in our room and head to the elevator to go to the restaurant.

1688406350719.png

Once we got off the elevator, we got the text that our table was ready. First, one of the castmembers working as a hostess recognized Paul & I because she used to work at Hollywood Studios. It was good to see her and catch up for a few minutes:wave2: Then, we were seated at our table and wow what a beautiful restaurant! Also, the seats were so comfortable.

1688406617969.png

Our server was lovely and came over and explained the menu to us. She explained that the steak entree now comes with eggs and I think the Quiche came with an additional side as well. Our server was lovely and I really wish that I would have written her name down. She took our drink order and they had POG juice so I was very excited. Next thing we saw was Mickey heading our way. I had talked about how I was so excited for this meal because it would be the first time that I would get to hug characters again since 2020 when I was a castmember. With Mickey being our first character to meet the interaction was very special. Paul told Mickey that I've been waiting to hug a character since the pandemic and Mickey & I had the longest hug ever.
1688406861119.png
1688406881586.png

I was definitely tearing up and Anne was crying watching our interaction. It was very special! Then, Donald and Minnie came over.

1688406932804.png
1688406977913.png

Then, our food came out! I got the sour cream waffles with potatoes instead of meat.
1688407064810.png
The waffles were yummy but I think I would try another item next time. Paul got the steak and he LOVED it! Anne & Steve both got the eggs, potatoes, and bacon meal and thoroughly enjoyed that. There was also a pastry basket at our table filled with croissants, muffins, and an apple crumb cake. All of the pastries were delicious! Then, we saw our last character, Daisy Duck!
1688407786939.png

After our delicious breakfast, we went on the terrace to see the view and take some pictures.
1688408121818.png
1688408136832.png

Our review of Toppolinos is that we all loved it and would definitely go again! It became my favorite restaurant so that should say something.

After leaving our delicious breakfast, we stopped back at the room and then headed to the skyliner to go to Hollywood Studios!

Your trip is really off to a great start! And your pictures are just great! Thanks for taking the time to share... Following :-)

DAY 3 PART 2
This Is The Way

We left off with us hopping on the skyliner to head to Hollywood Studios. Once we scanned into the park the first thing we did was make a pass for Rise of the Resistance. Then, it was on Paul's must do to meet Chip & Dale dressed as the Rescue Rangers and with their meet and greet happening in about 20 minutes and we need to kill some time, that's where we headed. We headed by the Indiana Jones gift store because that's where we saw them meeting online in photos and were the first ones there. Then, we saw them come out and they went to a different area outside of the stunt show. Lesson learned, don't believe everything you see online! We rushed over there and were the second people in line. Paul was very excited!
1688663597380.png
Then, we had a pre-selected DAS pass made for the Falcon and it was time so we headed there next. This was Steve's first time in Galaxy's Edge so we were excited for him to experience it. He thought it was very cool! Before boarding the falcon, we had stop for a quick bathroom break.
1688663719564.png
We boarded the falcon and were the gunners & engineers. Our pilots were first time pilots so it was a bit of a bumpy ride! Once we got off, we took a quick picture and then it was time to head to Oga's Cantina.
1688663809873.png

We made a reservation for this because both Anne & Steve had never been and we wanted them to experience it. We had to explain to them many times that this wasn't "lunch" and that this was just to get a quick drink haha.

1688663934886.png
1688663951764.png

We were sat right at the bar. I've been to Oga's before and never really liked it because I was always sharing a table with someone but standing at the bar is such a different experience. You get to watch the castmembers interact with each other and that made the whole experience!

1688664046030.png

I got the hyper drive punch it. It was blue powerade, sprite, and grape. The first sip was good but then it got all mixed together and just tasted like a grape slushy. I would definitely try something else next time!
1688664129643.png
This was Anne's drink. I'm not sure what she had but she really enjoyed it and they gave her the souvenir glass unused to take home.
1688664190569.png
Paul got the beer flight and loved it! They did this song when they brought it out and we were not expecting that. They also had this packaged unused to take home so that was nice. Steve got a drink but I don't have a picture so I'm not sure what he had. We really enjoyed this experience at Oga's and would go back again!
Once, we left it was time to head to Rise of the Resistance. On our way over there, we saw Mando walk out with Grogu! This was something Paul and I really wanted to see so it was perfect timing. With meeting them, we were told to be patient and he has to approach you. It takes a lot of patience but everyone was listening which was nice. Soon we came over to us and we got a picture!
1688664431714.png
Our day was made right there! Then we headed over to the Rise of the Resistance. This was Anne's and Steve's first time so we could not wait to see their reactions.
1688664495538.png

I have a love hate relationship with this ride. I was part of the Guest Relations opening team for Galaxy's Edge and when this ride opened we would be stationed in front of it and people would be so upset when it was down or if they couldn't join the virtual queue. It seemed like everyday it would be down for a period of time but I absolutely love the ride and being immersed it so that is why I have a love hate relationship with it. Anne and Steve loved the ride and thought it was so cool! Unfortunately, Kylo Ren was not working on our ride but it's cool how they cover it up so if you have never rode it you would have no idea.

Next, we head over to see one of my favs!

Joining in! Enjoying your trip report!

first I had to get in some extra snuggles with our dog, Shellie:dog:
Aw, she's a cutie! From that angle, she looks a little like my Daisy, a Zu-Chon

:lovestruc
After 2 hours of waiting, we decided to call the Boathouse back and cancel. I was so upset because I have been looking forward to the filet mignon sliders from there. Paul's parents decided to bring all of their stuff and come join us at our baggage claim. Of course, as soon as they arrive they open them back up and within 20 minutes we received our bags after waiting 2.5 hours!
That is a crazy story! I never heard of luggage being delayed for weather??

I kept thinking though if Magical Express was back this wouldn't have been a problem because they would have gotten our bags for us. Please bring that back Disney!
Exactly! For this, and so many other reasons!

We loved this room and the view. We were in a 2br villa with a preferred room.
1687281432623.png
Perfection!

ran to Primo Priatto to get our mugs. I was unsure on if I wanted these because it seemed expensive but we definitely got our money's worth.
I always end up getting the mugs and between coffee in the am, tea at night, and some soft drinks throughout the day, I think it's totally worth it.

I didn't take much pictures because I really wanted to take it all in. I was so happy to see that the tumble monkeys were back because they were one of my favorite parts! This show is beautiful and a must see for me every time I come this park.
I love it too, especially with everything fully back :love:
Paul told Mickey that I've been waiting to hug a character since the pandemic and Mickey & I had the longest hug ever.
1688406861119.png
:love:

On our way over there, we saw Mando walk out with Grogu! This was something Paul and I really wanted to see so it was perfect timing. With meeting them, we were told to be patient and he has to approach you. It takes a lot of patience but everyone was listening which was nice. Soon we came over to us and we got a picture!
1688664431714.png

Love it!

We haven't been so lucky to meet him yet!

Joining in! Enjoying your trip report!

Aw, she's a cutie! From that angle, she looks a little like my Daisy, a Zu-Chon

:lovestruc

That is a crazy story! I never heard of luggage being delayed for weather??

Exactly! For this, and so many other reasons!

Perfection!

I always end up getting the mugs and between coffee in the am, tea at night, and some soft drinks throughout the day, I think it's totally worth it.

I love it too, especially with everything fully back :love:

:love:

Love it!

We haven't been so lucky to meet him yet!
Thank you for joining! Our dog is a cavapoo and we absolutely adore her. We named her Shellie May because she looked like a teddy bear when we got her:lovestruc The luggage getting delayed was def the worst part of our week so just be careful if you fly to Orlando around 3pm when those storms happen! We loved our refillable mugs it was def worth it!

DAY 3 PART 3
Characterpalooza

We left off with us getting off ROTR. After we started making our way over to Launch Bay to meet one of my favs:lovestruc. Now I love Launch Bay because when I was a guide for the Star Wars Guided Tours we spent a lot of time in Launch Bay. I was sad to see that they had so much closed off. Anne & Steve decided to hang out outside while Paul & I went in to meet my fav Star Wars character. We went to the Visa meet & greet for Disney Visa cardholders. I highly recommend if you have the card that you take advantage of this because there was no line and you get all of the photos from the meet and greet included. Of course the only downside is you don't know who you were going to meet. I guessed that my favorite would be there and I was correct!
1689016380618.png
Did you guess my favorite Star Wars character correctly?! Yes, I'm a total Darth Vader fan and I'm on the dark side! So happy that he is still meeting here and this was a wonderful meet and greet. After this we met back up with Anne & Steve and did a mobile order for Backlot Express. It was very busy inside so we split up to find a table. Luckily, we found one right by the soda fountains which was great so we could refill our drinks as many times as we wanted!
1689016550859.png
I got the kids chicken tenders with fries and a cookie & this hit the spot. This chicken was delicious and was even better than what I had at Primo Priatto the night before. Anne & Steve split an adult order of Chicken tenders and fries & Paul got a burger. After eating a delicious lunch that hit the spot, we headed over to Slinky Dog Dash. Slinky Dog was down for most of the morning so it's Lightning Lane line was pretty long and waited what felt like a long time. Eventually we made it on and had a wonderful time! Paul & Steve wanted to ride Rock n Roller Coaster but Anne and I weren't feeling it so we headed to the gift shops while they rode that. After they got off, they met us at the front of the park. Then, it was time to leave but as we left we noticed so many characters outside of the entrance so we took advantage and met them all!
1689016772306.png
1689016789981.png
1689016809690.png
1689016834168.png
1689016866161.png
1689016879688.png

Can we talk about perfect timing! The characters were just roaming around so you had to go up to them to get a picture. I could tell some people were getting frustrated trying to meet some of the characters but we enjoyed it! After this characterpalooza, we got on the skyliner and headed back to the resort. We took a couple hour break where I took a cold shower, changed, and took a little nap with Mickey cartoons in the background.

Stay tuned to see what we had planned in the evening!

DAY 3 PART 4
Deluxe Hours

We last left off with us taking a mid afternoon break in our room. Around 4:30pm we decided to head out for our next adventure, EPCOT! Epcot had deluxe evening hours this night so that's where we were heading. We had a Via Napoli dinner booked but we decided to cancel it because we wanted to explore the Flower and Garden booths.

1689100920305.png

We got on the skyliner and made it to Epcot around 5:00pm. Coming off the skyliner we were at the international gateway and we decided to browse the shops in the UK and listen to the band they had playing. I'm a big fan of Winnie the Pooh so I love looking through the UK shops but they didn't have anything that caught my eye.

1689101892644.png

We stopped at the Canada Flower and Garden booth next to get Anne the steak and Paul the scallops. They both liked those! We found a bench in the shade and it was getting close to 6:00pm so we sat there to try to get a boarding group for Guardians of the Galaxy. Paul was able to get one yay!!!
1689100640081.png
We went over to the Honey Bistro to celebrate getting a boarding group with some cheesecake!
1689100694410.png
This was very yummy and the perfect little snack. We were all itching to see the new Creations shop so that's where we headed to next.

1689101864557.png

It's crazy how open the new shop is but I definitely miss Mousegears because it was so nostalgic. Then, it was time for us to ride the new Ratouille ride but none of us had enough energy to walk all the way over there so we got a boat that dropped us off in Morocco. I was very excited to see the new France area and it is very pretty back there!
1689100833690.png
We all loved Rataouille and thought it was such a cute ride. The mop spraying us definitely surprised us all! After getting off this ride, we decided to walk through world showcase some more to see what other food we could find. We stumbled across the Italy booth and I saw fried raviolli so I knew that's what I was getting. We got in line and Anne heard someone say how good they were so we ended up ordering 3 of them:rotfl2:
1689101011416.png
OMG these were amazing!! They were so delicious so I def recommend! Next, we stop at China where Anne, Steve, and Paul all got the wontons and maybe dumplings? They didn't have anything I liked so I passed. There were no tables in China so we ate on top of a trash can and Anne thought it was the weirdest thing but we told her many times it's the disney way lol! It was about 30 minutes until the fireworks and Paul & I have seen Epcot forever and didn't really care for it but Anne & Steve wanted to see it. I have heard that many food locations are not open during the evening hours and was hungry so I knew I needed to get food. Paul and I went to Connections Eatery while Anne & Steve found a spot for the fireworks. Unfortunately, it seemed that everyone else had the same idea that we did and mobile ordering wasn't working so it was a very long line. I got the adult cheese pizza meal so that Paul & I could each have a slice and missed the fireworks. It was worth it because the pizza was delicious!
1689101352788.png

We met back up with Anne & Steve who really enjoyed the fireworks so I'm glad they were able to watch them. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures during the deluxe evening hours because we were trying to get so much done. First we went to the Frozen ride and Anne got soaked! She was not happy about that because the sun was gone haha.Then, we headed to Mexico to ride the Three Caballero's ride and next Test Track. This was Paul and I's car.
1689101504873.png
I think our car beat Anne & Steve's. Then, it was around 10:15 and our boarding group for Guardians was finally called. This was our first time riding it and we were all very excited. We got Conga as our song and sat in the front row! We all loved it but it definitely made me nauseous so I felt like I couldn't enjoy it because I was too focused on that. I knew I needed dramine or something before riding it again. Then it was almost 11 so we headed back to the skyliner and wow that was a long walk! We were about one of the last few groups to get on the skyliner I had no idea they closed it so early on a deluxe evening hours night. We all said that if we didn't make the skyliner we would have just gotten an Uber at the Beach club because there was no way we were going to walk to the front of the park. We were all very tired and excited for a rest day the next day.
Step count for this day: 24,213 steps.

DAY 4
Is That Mr. Rogers?

The day has finally come, it was time for a rest day! I don't know about you but as I've gotten older I really enjoy rest days at Disney. It's just so nice to enjoy your resort and Disney Springs. This morning I slept in till 8:00am which doesn't sound like much but it was wonderful. The best part was I stayed in bed until 9:00am just watching Disney cartoons which are my fav! At 9:00am I was starting to get hungry so I got up and ate a muffin we had from Publix and then wanted to go to Le Petit Cafe to get a coffee. I was unsure of what to get but I heard good things about their cold brews and decided to get the Cinnamon Cold Brew.
1689271997380.png
Then, I walked outside to enjoy my drink there by the water with this beautiful view.
1689272045258.png

Unfortunately, I didn't like my drink. I wanted to be adventurous but it was an epic fail. I called Paul to see if he was up and if he wanted the rest of my drink and he did. I stopped back at Le Petit Cafe to get something I knew I would like which was a white chocolate mocha.
1689272133464.png
This was much better :lovestruc I went back to the room and relaxed and we tried to come up with a plan for the day. We wanted to go to Disney Springs because Anne & I wanted Gideons so we headed there around 11:00am. Paul & his dad went to World of Disney while Anne & I headed to Gideons. I love Gideons but Anne has never had it and she has a sweet tooth like myself so I definitely talked it up before our trip. Luckily there wasn't a VQ so we just had to wait standby for about 30 minutes. Soon enough we were inside.
1689272284552.png
We wanted a lot of cookies so we each got 6! I got 2 chocolate chip, 2 coffee cake, 1 cookies & cream, and 1 triple chocolate. I'm not sure of all the ones Anne got but she did get a banana bread and their monthly special which was Turtle. We walked out with bags full of cookies and met back up with Paul and Steve to see what we wanted to do next. Paul & I really wanted to see our old area of where we used to live and I needed to go to Publix to get some stuff for when my family arrived at the end of the week so that's what we did. We made a quick Publix run just to get some more bottled waters and snacks & my mom had a small list of breakfast items they wanted since they were landing so late so I got that for them. My family wasn't coming in until late Thursday night so we just kept these items in our room until then. Paul & I really missed the pub subs but we wanted to eat lunch at Bar Riva so we got a 6-inch pub sub to split so we could just have a taste of it!
We then headed back to the room and changed into swimsuits to go to the pool. Before jumping in the pool, Anne, Paul, and myself went to Bar Riva. This was the pool bar at Riviera but it was a restaurant as well. Paul ordered the wings and I ordered the grilled chicken sandwich. I don't have any pictures because I didn't bring my phone down but it was delicious and I would definitely go again! Then, we headed to the quiet pool. Paul said he forgot something in the room but he would meet us at the pool. He was sneaky because we wanted to get his mom a birthday cake since her birthday was just a few days after our trip so he snuck into Primo Priatto and got her a birthday cake to hide in the room. It was at the bottom of our fridge covered with stuff so she wouldn't see it. Eventually he joined us back in the pool! After swimming for about an hour we headed back to the room to shower and get ready for our dinner reservation. Tonight we were heading back to Disney Springs to eat at Raglan Road. This is Paul's family favorite restaurant so it was a must to come there. Our reservation was at 6:00pm but we checked in about 30 mins prior to request a seat by the stage. The hostess was a little rude and said we would be seated way later because of this. We didn't mind so we headed to World of Disney to kill some time. Well right at our reservation we got a text that our table was ready. We were afraid that they forgot about our request but we got seated right next to the stage so I'm not sure what the hostess was saying about having to wait a long time:confused3
1689272930357.png
1689272961337.png
1689272982634.png
Paul and his mom got the scallop appetizer to split which is something they always get!
1689273029716.png
While they were enjoying their appetizers the funniest thing happened. There was this girl at the bar who seemed to be drinking a lot and really getting into the entertainment. Well she came up to our table and touched Steve and said "Has anyone ever told you that you look like Mr. Rogers?" Steve said no and she said you look just like him. It became our inside joke of the trip because it was so random and we don't think Steve looks anything like Mr. Rogers. The girl kept staring at him the rest of the meal:rotfl2: I think we need to get Steve a red sweater for Christmas!
1689273189598.png
To eat, I got the chicken and it was good but could have used an au jus or something. I think Paul got the salmon, Anne got the fish and chips, and Steve got the shephards pie. Steve loved his shephards pie! Of course we got the bread pudding to share which was delicious as always but we were too full to finish it! We had a great meal at Raglan Road and decided to head back to the resort since we had a busy day tomorrow. Once we got back to the room we surprised Anne with the birthday cake and she was very surprised!
1689273352658.png

This was a chocolate mousse cake and was only about $40. It was very delicious and we ate this while we played the card game SkyJo. Then, we went to bed so we could be up early for a park day tomorrow!

Total number of steps: 9,088 steps

DAY 5 PART 1
Pooh Will Always Make You Feel Better

This morning my alarm woke me up at 6:00am to get ready for the day. I had a coffee cake cookie from Gideon's and started getting ready for the day. At 7:00am I was able to secure us a boarding group for Tron!
1689705446793.png
Unfortunately, the day started to take a turn for the worst because my stomach was really bothering me. I spent most of the morning in the bathroom and was feeling very nauseous. This was the day I was most looking forward to in our trip so I was really bummed that I would miss out on stuff. Everyone told me I could stay in the room but I didn't want to miss anything so I sucked it up and went. Anne & Steve wanted to drive to Magic Kingdom but we told them how much of a pain it is to park at the TTC so we convinced them to try the bus out since it would take us right to the front. Well luckily as soon as we made it to the bus stop a Magic Kingdom bus appeared! We hopped right on and headed to MK. His parents ended up thinking the bus was awesome and so convenient so that was a win. We made it inside and I had to run to the bathroom because I was feeling even worse:guilty: We decided to take one of the Main Street vehicles down to the castle and so I could stop at First Aid. First Aid was able to give me some pepto bismol and I was really hoping that would do the trick. Since it was still early we decided to take some Castle pics!
1689707537098.png
1689707548121.png
I didn't want to go on anything too crazy so we took it easy and went to Winnie the Pooh and then the Little Mermaid. After we got off the Little Mermaid our boarding group for Tron was called so it was time to head over there. I was very nervous to ride this with how my stomach was feeling so I contemplated it the whole walk over. I knew that before riding I wanted to try out the test seats to see how it felt.
1689707686345.png
I knew that would hurt my stomach riding like that and I'm glad I tried it out because Anne had knee replacement surgery 6 months ago and had no idea you are actually kneeling down while on the ride so she knew she couldn't ride in those seats. We decided to ride in the back to sit in actual seats so that's what we did! I read reviews on how long the line is to wait for these seats but it was not a wait at all and it was nice that Paul & Steve were right in front of us on the bikes. Our review of Tron is that it was good but too short and not our favorites. We wouldn't wait over an hour for that ride but I think it is a great addition to Magic Kingdom. After Tron, it was close to our dining reservation so we headed over there! I was feeling a little bit better but still not 100% percent. Today we were having brunch at Crystal Palace. Our reservation was for 10:10am because I have read that if you are inside for breakfast, at 11:00am they start serving lunch so you can get breakfast and lunch so we wanted to test this theory. Also, Winnie the Pooh is my absolute fav so I was so excited to see the Hundred Acre Wood gang!
1689707967334.png
1689707992080.png
1689708018924.png
1689708034806.png
Is there a better way to help your stomach ache than seeing these guys?! They definitely helped me feel better and put a smile right on my face:-)
1689708115554.png

The food was good and the churro mickey waffle was AMAZING! I wish I was feeling better so that I could have ate more but I didn't want to push it. A little after 11:00am, they did open one side of the restaurant with lunch offerings so we got a few of those but we were so full! I will say that if you want breakfast and lunch food, be prepared because around 10:40, they close one side of the buffet down to prep for lunch so the buffet line was super long! Overall it was very good and my tip would be to get the churro waffle and then go to the ice cream machine and get vanilla ice cream on top. Now that was delicious!!!

Stay tuned for what else we had planned!

DAY 5 PART 2
Away we go!

After finishing up at Crystal Palace, we headed to Seven Dwarves Mine Train. The line for DAS was outside of the queue so we had to wait maybe 10-15 minutes. We had a great ride as always and then we saw it was a few minutes after 12:00pm and I wanted to see the Festival of Fantasy parade. We hurried through the castle and found a spot right as the parade was approaching!
1689873963542.png
1689873977037.png
1689874008248.png
1689873994716.png
1689874023305.png

I was glad to see this parade back except they did make some changes and got rid of the whole Merida section. Does anyone know why that is? After the parade we headed through Adventureland to ride Pirates. This is a classic and always a must do at Magic Kingdom. After Pirates, we headed to the wildest ride in the wilderness and had a ride on Big Thunder Mountain. Unfortunately, we were sat in the front which we prefer the back because it is faster but we were happy to ride it! After Pirates, we went over to the Haunted Mansion and enjoyed the AC during that ride. After Haunted Mansion, I was in the mood for a dole whip so we headed back to Adventureland. Well the line was super long and there was no mobile order option. Anne suggested we ride the monorail to the Polynesian get dole whips there so that's what we did! It looked like it could storm at any second so we hurried out of Magic Kingdom and onto the monorail. Soon enough we were treated with this beauty!
1689874280247.png

There is nothing like sitting in the Polynesian lobby and enjoying a dole whip on a hot summer Florida afternoon:sunny: After enjoying our dole whips, we rode the monorail back to MK to get a bus back to the Riviera. It was cool to see the construction at the Poly of the new DVC building. I'll be curious to see it when it is all finished! We didn't wait long for a bus and soon enough we were back at the Riviera. It finally started storming so I was glad we were back in the room! I got a shower and rested after my crazy morning with my stomach bothering me. A nap later and I was feeling much better!

1689874520756.png
I wanted to get back at MK before 6:00pm to see the cavalcade but was afraid it would be cancelled due to weather. I had a special friend to see and once I got word it was still on we hurried down to the bus stop and hopped on a bus back to MK. We made it just in time and found a spot on main street to see the cavalcade. My old roommate from my first DCP was good friends with Raya and I was so glad to have caught the cavalcade!
1689874621028.png1689874642789.png

1689874598565.png

That was a special moment and I was so glad to have caught that:lovestruc

DAY 5 PART 3
Fireworks, Dessert, & More

After seeing the cavalcade, we headed to Tomorrowland to get some more rides done that we didn't get to this morning. We rode Buzz Lightyear and I was very upset to not get galactic hero. I guess I was a little rusty!
1689874907455.png
Then, we rode Space Mountain and wow after riding all of the new coasters this one is so jerky! Then, I was getting hungry so I suggested Casey's for dinner. Steve had been wanting a hotdog so that's where we went. We placed our mobile order in Tomorrowland and then headed over that way. It took a long time to find a table but we eventually got one outside.
1689874918983.png
I got the corn dog nuggets and fries & they were delicious as always. Paul, Anne, and Steve each got hotdog meals. We finished up at Casey's around 8:00pm and headed back towards to Tomorrowland to check in for the fireworks dessert party! This was our gift to Anne & Steve for celebrating their 50th anniversary just a month before our trip. We decided on the after fireworks dessert party which meant after the show we would be able to get desserts. It was a long wait in the hub grass but it was nice to relax and they had a castmember doing trivia. I would suggest getting their early if you are doing the after dessert party because you sit with the guests who did the pre party so when they come over around 9:00pm it gets packed!
1689875109611.png
1689875120953.png
1689875134543.png
1689875158466.png
1689875175843.png
1689875188165.png
I'm so happy Happily Ever After is back! I never got to see Enchantment but Happily Ever After is so special so I'm so excited that it is back. It was great to see this again and to have such a nice view without the stress. It was nice because castmembers in the area wouldn't allow for kids on adult shoulders so everyone had a great view! After the show we hurried over to the Tomorrowland Terrace to get our desserts.
1689875311069.png
The desserts were good and just your average Disney desserts. I wish they would bring the egg rolls back because it would be nice to have more options. We all enjoyed it but agreed that it wasn't something that we would rush back for unless for a special celebration. Tonight was the deluxe evening hours so after stuffing our tummy's with desserts we made a plan for the evening. I really wanted to do Monsters Inc Laugh Floor and it was something Anne & Steve had never done so we headed there. It was hilarious as always! Then we headed to the Peoplemover. While in line, the person in front of us was the person who sat with us on Test Track 2 nights ago! What a small world!! While on the peoplemover, our Tron boarding group got called so that's where we headed next. We were uncertain to do it again but we all wanted to ride it in the dark. This time I rode on a bike and Steve sat in the back with Anne.
1689875550535.png

We all agreed that it is so much better at night so I'm glad we got a chance to experience that! We got off Tron and it was after midnight. Even though the park was open till 1:00am we had an early morning so we started making our way out of Magic Kingdom all very exhausted. There were some rides that we didn't get a chance to ride so we were trying to see when we could make it back. There were more rides in Fantasyland we wanted to ride and we all wanted to ride the Train. We slowly made our way out of Magic Kingdom and soon enough were on a bus back to our resort. We made it back at 12:45am and we were so tired. We went back to the room and all crashed.

Stay tuned to see what we have planned the next day!

Total step count of the day: 20,791 steps

DAY 6 PART 1
We Are Tired

This morning our alarms were set for 6:45am to try to get a boarding group for Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind. I could barely keep my eyes open when trying to get the boarding group but we got one! We were hoping for a later one so we could get some more sleep but we got boarding group 10. I guess that means it's time to get up and there is no sleeping in for us😴
1690310505126.png
We all finished getting ready and headed to the skyliner to go to Epcot. While on the skyliner our boarding group got called so we knew we were heading there first.
1690310595802.png
Once we got off the skyliner, we walked to Guardians which is such a far walk when you are so tired! We got on Guardians and the song was Everybody Wants to Rule the World. Paul was so upset with this song because it was so slow compared to Conga which is what we previously had. I mentioned we might be able to sneak one more ride in on Saturday so he could have a chance to get a better song! After Guardian's we headed to the Land pavilion to ride Soarin. It was great as always and then we hopped in line to ride Living with the Land.
1690310742925.png
1690310754815.png
1690310765859.png
After getting off Living with the Land we headed to ride Spaceship Earth. This is always such a fun one! After Spaceship Earth we were all pretty hungry and Paul's parents really wanted to try Connections Eatery so that's where we went for lunch!
1690310865866.png
I got the crispy chicken sandwich which was very good! It's not as good as Chick Fil A but it's very good for theme park food! Paul and his dad got the pizza and Anne got a burger. All of us were very happy with our meals! While we were eating we were trying to make a game plan for the day. We had an early dinner reservation at 4:30pm in Epcot and it was after 12:00pm now. I wanted to stay and go through World Showcase because there was so much I haven't seen yet and Paul's parents wanted to go back to the room to take a little break. We decided to split up where Paul & I would stay in the park and Anne & Steve would go take a break in the room. After lunch, they went towards the skyliner and Paul & I went in Club Cool to see it refurbished. I worked for a few months at the original Club Cool so I was excited to see it updated. It is very nice inside and the floor is not sticky! I do miss some of the old flavors like Bibo! After Club Cool we went to ride the Finding Nemo ride and then headed to the Visa meet and greet.
1690311144375.png
This line was much longer than Hollywood Studio's and we weren't too impressed with the photo quality but hey it was a free photo with Mickey so we can't complain too much. After meeting Mickey, we headed to Figment to ride that. After Figment we headed towards Mexico to go through some of the shops in the countries. We didn't stop in Mexico because we were in there on Monday but we stopped in Norway and China to explore those shops. Then, we spent some time in Germany and found an adorable ornament of the WDW entranceway. We purchased that and heard that Anne & Steve were on their way back to Epcot on the skyliner so hurried over to take a quick look in Japan and met up with them there. As soon as they got to Japan it started pouring so we ran to the boat dock in Morocco to take the boat back to future world.
1690311489975.png
1690311498955.png
1690311512107.png

Once we got off the boat the weather cleared up and we had a little bit of time before our dinner reservation so we headed back to Club Cool so Anne and Steve could see it! Steve had so much fun trying all the different drinks so I'm glad we stopped back there.

Next we head to our most anticipated dinner!

DAY 6 PART 2
Dinner in Space

Finally, it was time for the meal that we have all been waiting for...Dinner at Space 220! Paul and I have been looking at this menu for months so we were so excited. Our reservation was at 4:30pm and we headed there around 4:15pm and we were walked right onto the elevator. It was very cool to watch Epcot as we went up! Once we got off we were seated at our table which was on top close to the lounge. At first I was a little disappointed because I wanted to sit by the window but then I really enjoyed the view because we could see everything.
1690825397023.png
Our server came over and explained the menu to us and said we have to order our appetizers and entrees together. I was confused because I didn't want them coming out so close together but trusted that it must be their system. Soon enough, our appetizers came out. Paul & Steve got the calamari which they both enjoyed, Anne got the cauliflower which she said was delicious, and I got the caesar salad which I was disappointed with.
1690825509878.png
My mom came here a few days after us and her caesar sald looked completely different so I must have gotten a bad batch. It was just very hard to eat. Next, our entrees came out which is what we were most excited for. Anne & I got the filet mignon which we both loved, Steve got the pork chop which he was very happy with, and Paul upgraded his meal and loved his!
1690825626175.png
1690825636373.png
1690825658554.png
We were all very happy with our entrees! It took a while for our desserts to come out but Steve got the carrot cake while the rest of us got the chocolate cheesecake which was very good.
1690825709290.png
1690825733068.png
Our review of Space 220 is that we absolutely loved the food, service, and atmosphere but for being in a theme park it took way too long. We didn't get out of the restaurant until after 6:30pm which was over 2 hours since we were seated.

1690825881201.png
1690825895366.png
We had planned to go back to possibly go to Animal Kingdom to possibly ride Everest again or go to Magic Kingdom to ride the train but with the train closing at 7pm there was no way we were going to make it. I was really bummed because this was our last chance to go to these 2 parks. I really wanted to ride the train and I thought with our dining reservation being at 4:30pm and since we were seated early I would have never guessed we would have been there for as long as we were. I think next time we would try Space 220 for lunch but we aren't rushing to go back but we are happy to cross it off our list.

After leaving we tried to figure out our plans. Do we go to Animal Kingdom even though they are closing in an hour? Do we go to Magic Kingdom to try to get done the rides we didn't get to do yesterday? Or do we call it a night and go back to the room to swim?

Stay tuned to find out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter