A Trip to the World Changed Our World

Photo0638FourBySix_zpse37b5294.jpg

He made Kira giddy
Photo0632FourBySix_zpsc401639f.jpg

Oh - I love these pictures! :rotfl2: Too funny!

I also love your costume -its great.

Oh my - poor Zoe. Does she get spasms a lot and is there anything she can do for them? What a shame to only half be able to enjoy the party. I hope she was feeling better by morning.

Oh - I love these pictures! :rotfl2: Too funny!

Thanks! There were actually more... but I posted just a few of my favorites. I wish that Zoe had been able to meet him... and I wish I could have seen it all....

I also love your costume -its great.

I struggled with what to wear for so long. There was a total of 8 of us... and then an extra 2... and originally we were all going to go as princesses. Then a couple people decided they had other thoughts... and from there no one could really match up. I think B and L matched and Zoe and I... But that is about it.

Oh my - poor Zoe. Does she get spasms a lot and is there anything she can do for them? What a shame to only half be able to enjoy the party. I hope she was feeling better by morning.

I think there is not a day that goes by that she doesn't experience them. She could take medication for them... but she doesn't like the medication. Normally she just copes... it is a moment of "ouch" and then it is over. This night though was really bad for some reason. In fact, the entire trip was hard for her (and for Kira and Amanda who had to listen to her) We have a pretty good system in place now though... I think that last fall we didn't. As far as enjoying the party... I think if you were to ask her... she would say she totally did. By morning I am sure she was better as I don't remember too much of out of the norm....

Ann, your photos are awesome! I love your costume! :thumbsup2

Now the line confusion for the dwarfs sounds like a real pain and so sorry that you missed all the Captain Jack fun.
Poor little Miss Zoe, I hope she felt at least a little better towards the end of the party.
Sorry you missed the fireworks - guess you will have to go to the party again. ;)

Thank you! I started the TR for that as you know (I do have the right person this time, right ;)) The atmosphere is definitely what I love about rundisney!!!

Yes ;)

MNSSHP looks like fun, sorry you weren't able to enjoy all of it. The costumes look great. And I love watching kids quickly become best friends in line! We had a long wait for Captain Jack last year and my nephew and a girl behind us were having so much fun that by the time we got to Jack, he didn't care about meeting him at all.

Ohhhhh, poor Zoe! I am so glad though that she felt great playing with Anakin, and you got a chance to visit with Michele.

Corset and high heel boots, oh how the young are so foolish...but she looked great!

Ann, I love the pictures of you and Michelle and the kids...you can clearly see you were having loads of fun together.

The photopass pictures and interaction with Captain Jack are priceless...so sorry you and Zoe missed it.

Ann, your photos are awesome! I love your costume! :thumbsup2

Thanks. :goodvibes

Now the line confusion for the dwarfs sounds like a real pain and so sorry that you missed all the Captain Jack fun.

It was a pain. I couldn't believe we were almost up to see them and they moved the line. Then we were again just about to see them and the line had to be moved again. :confused3

Poor little Miss Zoe, I hope she felt at least a little better towards the end of the party.
Sorry you missed the fireworks - guess you will have to go to the party again. ;)

I felt bad for her. Sometimes even I forget that she has a fairly serious medical condition. Her condition is actually listed on the american disabilities as one the grants her "disabled" status. She is so smart and so outgoing... AND such a trooper. It is hard to think of her as disabled.

I would have liked to see the fireworks... looks like fall I will get to. :cool1:

Yes ;)

MNSSHP looks like fun, sorry you weren't able to enjoy all of it. The costumes look great. And I love watching kids quickly become best friends in line! We had a long wait for Captain Jack last year and my nephew and a girl behind us were having so much fun that by the time we got to Jack, he didn't care about meeting him at all.

I love that about some kids too... no all kids are so outgoing... but when a few get together that are... it definitely is amazing.

Ohhhhh, poor Zoe! I am so glad though that she felt great playing with Anakin, and you got a chance to visit with Michele.

It was wonderful seeing Michelle! She and her husband and Anakin are such wonderful people! Since Zoe is always around older people it was nice for her to spend some time with someone her own age.

Corset and high heel boots, oh how the young are so foolish...but she looked great!

She looked amazing...and there were more than a few male cast members who broke character a bit when she and her "girls" were around. That corset just made her already natural blessing more blessed. (if you know what I mean ;):rotfl2:) Her costume was very high quality too... but MAN by the end of the night she was miserable.

Ann, I love the pictures of you and Michelle and the kids...you can clearly see you were having loads of fun together.

There were actually a ton of pictures that Michelle posted to her TR. The kids were so happy to play together! I didn't mention that I think the cm's also thought their interaction was awesome because a couple of them got involved in their play a bit.
The photopass pictures and interaction with Captain Jack are priceless...so sorry you and Zoe missed it.

I wish that we had not missed it. However, sometimes things just turn out the way they do...and you just have to move on. I know it won't be the last time I go... course... for poor Zoe it may be a while before she goes back during fall.

Love all the costumes! Jack though has a wee too bit much rouge for my taste

:rotfl:

Poor Zoe, and poor you, that has to be so hard. I didn't realize she had pain like that on a daily basis. What a trooper than she can just regroup and keep going.

Fun fun pictures.

Love all the costumes! Jack though has a wee too bit much rouge for my taste

:rotfl:

Poor Zoe, and poor you, that has to be so hard. I didn't realize she had pain like that on a daily basis. What a trooper than she can just regroup and keep going.

Fun fun pictures.

I too thought the rouge was a bit much. Incidentally there was a much better Captain Jack in line behind us (to meet Captain Jack) Honestly, I would have preferred to have pics with him. Too weird to ask though... but we did at least tell he and his friend (a "wench") that they had amazing costumes.

As for Zoe, she is a strong kid. You just would never know she had the issues she does... well, as long as you don't share a room with us. ;) She doesn't know life any differently and as a kid... is super adaptable.

You are very lucky you saw the dwarfs! I would love to get to one of the holiday parties and see them. That would be incredible.

Great job with the race.The character experiences you are able to enjoy seem very nice.

Can't wait to read more!!! :goodvibes

You are very lucky you saw the dwarfs! I would love to get to one of the holiday parties and see them. That would be incredible.

Since they only come out for the parties they are a much do... and a first to do since the line gets pretty long. So if you do get to a holiday party, make sure to line up early!

Great job with the race.The character experiences you are able to enjoy seem very nice.

Can't wait to read more!!! :goodvibes

If meeting characters is something you enjoy then disney races are a must. Now... I like to see the characters... but I don't have to have my picture taken with them. For the most part I can run by :wave: and be happy. So running is a pretty important part of the race for me. It doesn't have to be though... for the most part as long as you can maintain a 16 minute mile you can walk and have fun with characters (and really even that isn't the case if you start in an early enough corral... I know that close to an 18 minute mile was held for the phm and people were not removed from the course)

I really need to finish this report since I am losing more and more of my detailed recollection. You will all have to forgive me if things may seem a tad... jumbled. :rolleyes:

We started our day of in DHS. I am not entirely sure why we went to ST first, but we did.

IMG_2193_zps3699d630.jpg

We got there so early that we were the ONLY ones to ride in our shuttle.

IMG_2195_zps7a553571.jpg

A bit eerie isn't it?

From there we hoofed it across to TSM. We had a bit of a wait and I believe there was debate over if we should or should not wait. In the end though, I have the picture to prove that we rode.

IMG_2196_zpsf299cdf3.jpg

Who ever I rode with, I certainly was equally match against.

Next it was time for a show. While this isn't my all time favorite show in Disney, it is not a bad one and I find I can watch it on each trip.

IMG_2197_zps7471b1bd.jpg

IMG_0455_zps7fe8789f.jpg

We were kinda hustling from one side of the park to the other, but we wanted to make that show (or run the risk of not seeing it at all) So we got there a tad late and didn't get great seats. (up front and to the right)

I remember thinking that it was odd to have been walking down on the floor of the theater just a couple nights before. (to pick up bags after the race)

Next it was time to get some lunch. My absolute favorite place to get lunch in DHS is Starring Rolls. I see that changing... since I get the same thing each time... and honestly, I may be a bit bored of it now.

IMG_2198_zps124edfb8.jpg

Zoe loves this dessert though and I am not sure she is yet tired of it.
IMG_2199_zps300b1d40.jpg

Amanda wasn't feeling hungry or wanting a dessert until she saw this.
IMG_2200_zpsa71baaba.jpg

:rotfl: Where did this one come from :confused: It must have been what Kira had.
IMG_2201_zps300ee076.jpg

After lunch we left the park to head to AK. Yes, AK again. I think there wasn't a day that went by that we didn't got there. :rolleyes:

Next Up: 10/1 - Day 7 Part 2

I can't believe you are always up so early and are at the parks right when they open. We have such difficulty getting out of bed on vacation. :rotfl2:

You know, we have not been to the Indy show in ages, maybe we should make it there again one of our next visits.
And I do understand about SR! Tom usually has the sandwich, while I stick to a cupcake. :rotfl2:

Can't wait for the next update! :thumbsup2

I can't believe you are always up so early and are at the parks right when they open. We have such difficulty getting out of bed on vacation. :rotfl2:

You know, we have not been to the Indy show in ages, maybe we should make it there again one of our next visits.
And I do understand about SR! Tom usually has the sandwich, while I stick to a cupcake. :rotfl2:

Can't wait for the next update! :thumbsup2

:rotfl: You get up early on occasion. I saw the pictures of that sunrise to prove it! I guess it all depends on motivation. On this day, we were motivated to get to DHS early enough to ride TSM.

:rotfl: You get up early on occasion. I saw the pictures of that sunrise to prove it! I guess it all depends on motivation. On this day, we were motivated to get to DHS early enough to ride TSM.

Well Ann, yes you are right, we do get up early on occasion. Then, when we haven't ajusted to the time change. :rotfl2: Lateron in the trip we do have problems with getting up in every sense of the word. :lmao: :lmao:

So is Starring Rolls on our list or not?

I am so glad you are rope drop person...

OMG - Those desserts are amazing. I am trying to diet and looking at those pictures was a BIG mistake! :rotfl2: Stomach is growling. Mouth is salivating!

So is Starring Rolls on our list or not?

I am so glad you are rope drop person...

I think if you all want to go there, I am totally on board. I wouldn't mind sharing a sandwich either since they are huge. Might have to get my own dessert though...;)

OMG - Those desserts are amazing. I am trying to diet and looking at those pictures was a BIG mistake! :rotfl2: Stomach is growling. Mouth is salivating!

Starring Rolls always has yummy things. Although, I was surprised to see the red velvet cupcake at DQ last month. :confused3 I asked if it was the same one they have at SR and they couldn't say.

I have also read that if you ask nicely, you can sometimes get the grapefruit cake from BD at SR.

So we left DHS to go to AK. Kira LOVES AK. It is her favorite park. I think this is what influenced our near obsessive visits to AK on this trip. I did not schedule us to go there on this day... but somehow we ended up there.

IMG_0460_zps2b31a410.jpg

Honestly, I remember very little about getting there. Did we go back to POFQ first and then take a bus to AK? Did we take a bus from DHS to AK? :scratchin I think that is what we did.

Ak never stays open long though, so we really didn't have a lot of time to spend.

We went to watch FOTLK. We were rather early and got great seats. However, not as good as the people ahead of us who decided that they would just go ahead and sit in the handicap section. :confused3 It was sad when a cm came up and instructed them that the seats were needed for a family with someone in a wheel chair. The dad about lost his mind. He had got there first. He had come early. Why did they need all of those seats when the person in the chair had a seat?!? :faint: See, by the time the family who needed the seats showed... the theater was quite packed. The rows directly behind tried to accommodate he and his family, but it was tight and in the end they had to split up in order to all get seats. Now... I found him incredibly rude and HORRIBLY insensitive. However... I do think there is something to be frustrated by when the family comes in just before the door closes and gets a good seat.

Moving on though... as I said we had good seats.

IMG_2202_zps899d734b.jpg

IMG_2204_zps3519a921.jpg

IMG_2205_zpsddb35687.jpg

IMG_2206_zps0de9e31c.jpg

IMG_2208_zps24865d7a.jpg

But wait... who got picked for something?
IMG_2214_zps342d5444.jpg

IMG_2215_zps068732ee.jpg

IMG_2216_zpsdedfc1d0.jpg

It wasn't long though in the marching that I could tell something was up with Zoe. She had that look. That look that told me she was fighting the pain. :worried:

She came over to me and I knew we had to get to a restroom asap. Course, they dont let you get up and leave. :headache:

I cradled her and told Kira and Amanda that they needed to grab everything because once they let us out, I would be making a bee line for the restroom with Zoe. They shook their head.. but apparently had no idea what I was talking about. :rolleyes:

Show over I stood up with Zoe in my arms. I tried to hustle out ahead of the crowd and got yelled at by a cm. She would not let me leave just yet. Zoe by this time was crying.

Meanwhile, Kira and Amanda had no clue where I had just went. (and I didn't know this) I got Zoe to the restroom. (good grief she is heavy) and we took care of business. I kept expecting the girls to come in... so we waited. They never did.

I did not have my cell phone since it was with the girls. They were a bit panicked. They did not know how to figure out where I was. (to me it would seem obvious :rolleyes:)

Zoe and I went out to the character spots and met characters while we waited. I figured they had to retrace and come back to us at some point, yes? ::yes::

Well, eventually they did. Well, Kira did. She was not particularly happy. She nor Amanda were all that happy. But there really was nothing I could have done. Zoe was more important to me at the time.

Once we were all together though, the stress level came down and we were back on track for a good day!

So we decided to take a relaxing train ride.
IMG_0456_zpscd23e3a3.jpg

We spent some time up at rakii's planet watch, but the park was about to close so we pretty much rode up and then back.

With the park closing it was time to go to yet another park.

Next Up: 10/1 - Day 7 Part 3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter