A Trip to the World Changed Our World

IMG_2228_zps12d0ec79.jpg

This picture turned out pretty cool.

Ugh to the rude man in FOTLK. Hate that.

How great that Zoe got picked for FOTLK, but sorry she started having cramps again. How unfortunate. Hopefully, the rest of the day went better.

Sorry you didn't really like CMC. It's been years since I have had dinner there, so I don't remember that much about it. I do really enjoy their breakfast buffet.

Sounds like you had a fun day, overall!

I really wish that there would have been a way to leave before the mass exodus. It would have made it a tad easier. I would think that they would allow you to leave for the restroom. Am I wrong that they don't allow it? Or was it just that cm?

Next time we'll have to pay better attention to the announcement at the beginning they make. I know they won't let you back into the theater, but I'm sure there is a way out.

This picture turned out pretty cool.

Thanks.. the fireworks display from the anniversary was very large. I wish we had actually been in the park for it... :sad2:

Ug to the rude man in FOTLK. Hate that.

Yep. I do to. I swear we as a society become more and more "entitled" He felt he deserved it cause he got there first... didn't matter that the seats were reserved.

How great that Zoe got picked for FOTLK, but sorry she started having cramps again. How unfortunate. Hopefully, the rest of the day went better.

She was so excited. She has always wanted to do this but never been picked. I felt so bad for her that she had to cut it short since she was uncomfortable. :sad2:

Sorry you didn't really like CMC. It's been years since I have had dinner there, so I don't remember that much about it. I do really enjoy their breakfast buffet.

I am just not much of a fish person... the restaurant itself was very nice. I liked the atmosphere.

sounds like you had a fun day, overall!

::yes:: we did!

Next time we'll have to pay better attention to the announcement at the beginning they make. I know they won't let you back into the theater, but I'm sure there is a way out.

thanks :goodvibes I would think they would have to have some section... I mean, what if there was a person who found they were ill? Or maybe something in the show triggered a panic attack or something? I can't imagine they have us all hostage for the duration... but as I jumped up with Zoe in my arms the cm was very stern with me that I had to wait.

This day was very much anticipated. It was Kira's birthday. B and L had surprised her by decorating our window and writing on a birthday message on our white board. It was a super nice jester...especially considering ;)

So on this morning, we had a breakfast planned before park opening. And with the masses, we made our walk down mainstreet.
IMG_2230_zpsa24671a8.jpg

We had planned for both rooms to go to CP. Sadly, S and K could not make it....but B and L did. :cool1: If memory serves though, we met them there rather than go together from POFQ. Maybe the girls and I were running late. :confused:

Shortly after we arrived, B gave Kira a celebratory sash and hat. The hat was a bit snug..so she didn't wear it all day. The sash though...it it stayed on. :goodvibes

Soon enough it was time for food.

IMG_2231_zps8b3ab190.jpg

and characters
IMG_2232_zps2b8a98d7.jpg

IMG_2234_zps8e09ce99.jpg

IMG_2236_zps1da3a249.jpg

IMG_2237_zps229be2f5.jpg

Kira even got her birthday breakfast cupcake
IMG_2235_zps68e4b09f.jpg

breakfast was fun..but a bit tense. I know things were odd throughout the trip, but I think B and L tried very hard to make this a special day for Kira. However... B and Kira both are not fans of their space being violated. There was a family near our table who just couldn't seem to control their chairs... if one or more of the chairs wasn't crammed up against one of us...it was hitting us. At one point, (maybe even several times) a chair was knocked to over and slammed into B. Yeah... this didn't help either B or Kira in their moods.

When we were done with breakfast, it would seem as though the park was just getting ready to open.
IMG_0463_zpsd56e459b.jpg

For one reason or another, we parted ways with B and L with ideas to meet for lunch.

The girls and I then went to meet a new favorite princess of mine.
IMG_2238_zpsf490b968.jpg

The interaction was amazing. She kept calling Zoe.. Zoeyoey. It was too cute and definitely made the meet and greet more personal.

I am not certain where we spent our morning, but it does look like we may have got a bit lost in the jungle.
IMG_0465_zps37f81cea.jpg

As well as stopped to see some enchanted birds
IMG_0468_zpsa7b1001c.jpg

I think we then hopped over to one of Kira's all time favorite rides in WDW.

Photo1075FourBySix_zps7ed03b2f.jpg

Photo1098FourBySix_zps55229739.jpg

By the time this was over, there were three of us needing a break. Zoe was starting to have issues and I wanted to get it under control before we had it ruin too much of the day..and Amanda and I both felt a bit "off" from riding SM. I can ride it once...but my head hurts a bit after and I can't go again.

Kira however...
Photo1099FourBySix_zps736bc31e.jpg

I think she may have actually made it three times while the other three of us tried to sip water and get ourselves more comfortable.

Lunch was soon approaching, but I think we had a dismeet to get to before lunch. It was so neat that we were able to see Su Lynn and her hubby, Steve once again!

Photo1162FourBySix_zps073760e9.jpg

I thought that I had a pp picture with Kira and Amanda too... however, to be honest there were some issues with the pp pictures and if they are there somewhere... it would take some doing to get them. One because B has a thing for taking a single picture and saving it in every possible combination so there is just too many to sort through. (not an exaggeration... one pose of she and Zoe she turned into 70 pictures.) Two, the first set of discs that Disney sent were corrupt and so not all files were easy to extract from the disc (B requested a second set that I hope ended up being not corrupt....but I don't know if they were or were not) so my copy is hard to view. I managed to pull some off the discs... but apparently not all of them. :rolleyes:

Next Up: 10/2 - Day 8 Part 2

Love CP. It's one of my favorites!

Great Space Mountain pics - Everyone looks as though they are really enjoying the ride. :thumbsup2

Love Zoe's dress. So cute!

And I love the castle picture you took from CP. Nice!

How sweet of B to try and make Kira's birthday special. :thumbsup2

I so love the early ADR before park opening at CP...great pictures and pretty darn good food.

I am not a SM fan...it is way too jerky for me and you know how I love coasters. We can skip this one if you want on our trip! The picture of you on SM shows your love for the ride...:rotfl2: A little bored (or trying to save your neck from the jerks).

Love LOVE Love the group picture!

Great update, Ann!

Breakfast looks nice and so does Princess Zoe and the birthday girl. :thumbsup2

Jungle cruise is such a fun ride - have you ever tried it at night during EMH? They stray a little from the regular spiel and it is so much fun.

Not a huge fan of the "birds", but SM looks pretty nice. I wish they had just a little light in there, it is so dark and jerky nowadays.

Can't wait for more! :goodvibes

And I love the castle picture you took from CP. Nice!

I keep meaning to snag more pictures of Amanda's... since I am sure she took some really cool ones of the castle.

Love CP. It's one of my favorites!

This last trip i wasn't nearly as impressed. In general, the food just wasn't thrilling me. I was chatting with the girls I am going to WDW in the fall with and they are so excited about F&W... and I kept forgetting all about F&W cause... I really didn't enjoy it on this trip. Nothing at the booths seemed like I HAD to try it...so I only had one thing to eat... I think I was just so pulled in different directions and a tad stressed that food just didn't seem appealing.

Great Space Mountain pics - Everyone looks as though they are really enjoying the ride. :thumbsup2

Well... Kira does for sure! I am just trying to get through it. :rotfl:

Love Zoe's dress. So cute!

I got that dress for our 12/2011 trip. I had been searching the internet..ebay..etsy for dresses all year. I had come across this exact dress. I really wanted it for her... and was considering it ..used on ebay for $50 (I think it was $50 :scratchin) Then I went to goodwill of all places and there was the exact same dress. I think I got it for $5 or $10.... CRAZY! It is a Disney branded dress...but from a different line (ie, not park or store) The quality is far more dress-like and less costume like. Don't get me wrong... I like the costume like ones... but the sparkles tend to wash off... this dress has a thick petticoat lining rather than a scratchy tule type one like the parks or store ones have. So there is the LONG explanation of her dress. :rotfl:

How sweet of B to try and make Kira's birthday special. :thumbsup2

It was. B is among the most generous people I have ever known. :goodvibes
I so love the early ADR before park opening at CP...great pictures and pretty darn good food.

exactly! I can't wait for fall!!!

I am not a SM fan...it is way too jerky for me and you know how I love coasters. We can skip this one if you want on our trip! The picture of you on SM shows your love for the ride...:rotfl2: A little bored (or trying to save your neck from the jerks).

I was not bored... I was trying to relax and "get to a happy place" Kinda a...if I close my eyes and relax I am not really here.. :rotfl2:

LOVE Love the group picture!

It was so fun to see Su Lynn again! She is such a sweet person. I have a ton of that picture.. but I liked this border the best of all the ones that B had saved it with.

Great update, Ann!

:goodvibes thanks

Breakfast looks nice and so does Princess Zoe and the birthday girl. :thumbsup2

Breakfast was pretty good. As I mentioned to Mary Ellen... it didn't impress me like previous visits... but none of the food this trip made me ooh and ahh like in the past.

Jungle cruise is such a fun ride - have you ever tried it at night during EMH? They stray a little from the regular spiel and it is so much fun.

I have not... I will have to maybe try that on the girls trip!

Not a huge fan of the "birds", but SM looks pretty nice. I wish they had just a little light in there, it is so dark and jerky nowadays.

I like the birds well enough, but can skip it. Amanda had never been so we couldn't skip on this trip.

As for SM and the jerky moves... yeah. I think that is why I get a headache.

Can't wait for more! :goodvibes

I am hoping to get more and more of this done... can you believe I still have the rest of 10/2 and 3 more days? I can't believe how long this trip was!

Loving the birthday sash and Zoe in her dress, just wonderful! Even if it was tense those are happy looking people in all the pictures and overall seems like a pretty good morning.

I think Tiana scored on the princess dresses in general, just sayin. It's awfully pretty.

I've never done CP. Much as I love the Characters as a general rule I'm anti buffet and have a hard time getting past that aspect for the price but when I see the pics they are awfully darn cute!

Loving the birthday sash and Zoe in her dress, just wonderful! Even if it was tense those are happy looking people in all the pictures and overall seems like a pretty good morning.

It was a good morning. I have no complaints! (well.. may one would be that my head didn't hurt ;)) But yes... a very nice morning.
I think Tiana scored on the princess dresses in general, just sayin. It's awfully pretty.

Right?! I am not a huge fan of the color green, but there is just something about her dress. It is so pretty!

I've never done CP. Much as I love the Characters as a general rule I'm anti buffet and have a hard time getting past that aspect for the price but when I see the pics they are awfully darn cute!

The thing that I have found with buffets is that it can be so inconsistent. Sometimes the food is great... and other times..just so so. As Zoe gets older and has less of a need to see all the characters I could see us scaling way back on the character meals... but... for me I think it is worth the overpriced meal to get to check off seeing Pooh.. or Tigger... cause then we don't have to use park time to do it.

Sorry I got so far behind!

Y'alls costumes for MNSSHP were very cute! Sounds like we were nearby each other while y'all were waiting to meet Jack.

So sorry to hear that Zoe was having problems a few days there.

Love the birthday sash!

Too bad about Cape May. When I went they Mahi Mahi and it was so good. It was baked or grilled. I will say baked.
Some mass of people walking down Main St. LOL. It should look like always.
Nice pics at CP. The chair would have bothered me and I would have said something to them.
Ooh Tiana. We did not see her when we went.
Nice PP pic.

That's great that Kira had a birthday sash. Too bad the hat didn't fit right.

Your picture on Space MT...I would have asked if you don't like the ride or if you were bored. But you answered that. It gives me a headache.

Sorry that Zoe was starting to have issues. I hope they weren't too serious.

Sorry I got so far behind!

Well, since I am moving at a snails pace in writing this... maybe it wasn't too bad to catch up?

Y'alls costumes for MNSSHP were very cute! Sounds like we were nearby each other while y'all were waiting to meet Jack.

Thank you. They worked...but I think I wanted to have us all match. Oh well...

So sorry to hear that Zoe was having problems a few days there.

Thank you. It is just par for the course though. Zoe is always going to deal with a certain amount of pain and discomfort. Currently she has been dealing with quite a bit... daily I get a call from the school nurse. I feel like such a horrible mom... I hate that she is in pain... but I had to tell the nurse there is nothing to be done. She can't just not go to school because of the pain and so let her rest a bit, but then off to class she needs to go.

When Zoe was first born, I read like a mad woman about everything I could in regards to her condition. I learned early on about the pain and that often kids are placed on narcotics to cope. Well, that doesn't seem like a better solution either. Even if I was okay with doping up my kid.... Zoe herself would refuse. She wont even take tylenol for the pain. :rolleyes:

Love the birthday sash!

Wasn't that cool?! It really helped to make things special for Kira.

Too bad about Cape May. When I went they Mahi Mahi and it was so good. It was baked or grilled. I will say baked.

I am just not a fan of sea food in general. I know that the girls were in heaven.

Some mass of people walking down Main St. LOL. It should look like always.

right?!!!! :rotfl: I agree though! Wouldn't it be awesome if it were always like that?

Nice pics at CP. The chair would have bothered me and I would have said something to them.

I think personal space differs for everyone. For the group allowing their chair to fall... obviously our space was theirs. ;) and they had no trouble sharing. For Kira and B... their space is very sacred and not to be violated...so it really bothered them. For me... as long as I am not startled... I can have my space infringed upon and it wont bug me too much. My circle is much smaller than some...

Ooh Tiana. We did not see her when we went.
Nice PP pic.

She remains my favorite princess we have ever met.

That's great that Kira had a birthday sash. Too bad the hat didn't fit right.

B was so nice to have made the day special for Kira like that. Kira was thrilled.

Your picture on Space MT...I would have asked if you don't like the ride or if you were bored. But you answered that. It gives me a headache.

:rotfl: yeah... just trying to pretend I was someplace else. The headache came later. I am not sure how much of that was due to the heat though.

Sorry that Zoe was starting to have issues. I hope they weren't too serious.

Nothing "serious". Problematic, yes. But.. just par for the course. She has her good days and her bad when it comes to the spasms that cause her pain. During the fall trip it just happened to be a time where she was experiencing more than normal.

So life has been ever so busy. For those not following other reports I have been working on... I did the phm, came back to find Steve had lost his job, had more and more work pile up (normally I am not allowed more than 40 hours, but the week I came back from fl, I got 53 hours in) Good thing on the hours cause then I registered for the 2013 ToT 10 miler.

Running has been a bit part of my life now and so as I am getting excited for the Ten Miler... I began watching some video recaps of last years race.

Now remember I have very few pictures from the race. B had told me not to get my camera out so that we could save time. (since she would have the better camera out and she would share) Well... after we had our falling out... no pictures.:(

So as I sat watching the videos, imagine my surprise and excitement when at about 6:30 in this video is a clip of B and I!!! :cool1:

ToT recap video

What an awesome experience! I really can't wait to run it again. I think it is funny how I never would have known how much I enjoyed running or the rundisney events had it not been for B encouraging me to embark on this journey. I will forever be grateful to her for this.

B was so nice to have made the day special for Kira like that. Kira was thrilled.

:rotfl: yeah... just trying to pretend I was someplace else. The headache came later. I am not sure how much of that was due to the heat though.

Nothing "serious". Problematic, yes. But.. just par for the course. She has her good days and her bad when it comes to the spasms that cause her pain. During the fall trip it just happened to be a time where she was experiencing more than normal.

That's too bad she was experiencing more than normal on the trip. Do you think she was picking up on the stress level between people? Or the heat?

So life has been ever so busy. For those not following other reports I have been working on... I did the phm, came back to find Steve had lost his job, had more and more work pile up (normally I am not allowed more than 40 hours, but the week I came back from fl, I got 53 hours in) Good thing on the hours cause then I registered for the 2013 ToT 10 miler.

Running has been a bit part of my life now and so as I am getting excited for the Ten Miler... I began watching some video recaps of last years race.

Now remember I have very few pictures from the race. B had told me not to get my camera out so that we could save time. (since she would have the better camera out and she would share) Well... after we had our falling out... no pictures.:(

So as I sat watching the videos, imagine my surprise and excitement when at about 6:30 in this video is a clip of B and I!!! :cool1:

ToT recap video

What an awesome experience! I really can't wait to run it again. I think it is funny how I never would have known how much I enjoyed running or the rundisney events had it not been for B encouraging me to embark on this journey. I will forever be grateful to her for this.

Cool, with the Big Bad Wolf!

Bummer about the pictures though.

Wow, weeks go by between my updates and I get further and further away from this trip. And with that... I have fewer and fewer memories.

That being said, lets see if I can continue on...

So 10/2 was Kira's birthday and we had a birthday breakfast and then rode her favorite ride in MK... and she rode it over and over.

After a quick dismeet with Su Lynn and her husband at the hub, it was time for lunch at CRT.

I have quite a few pictures of the meeting of Cinderella. I know everyone has their own way of doing things, but there is one photo of B and Zoe that I have 70 different ways that it was saved. Not sure why... just the way B did things. So with all those plus the various pictures that had other people in the shot or a different shot... I have TONS of Cinderella CRT pictures.

Photo1181FourBySix_zpsebc4edd1.jpg

Photo1196FourBySix_zpsc37341a3.jpg

After meeting with Cinderella, we sat and waited to be called.

IMG_2240_zps0b8ed5a8.jpg

We were seated in a spot that wasn't great, but wasn't bad either. We were able to see the princesses.
IMG_2243_zps9b1f4575.jpg

IMG_2244_zpscc1793ae.jpg

IMG_2241_zpseea668bf.jpg

IMG_2250_zps4112ce49.jpg

Food was good. I ordered the Grilled Chicken Pasta.(grilled chicken breast, artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, spinach and mushrooms tossed with papparedelle pasta and a light cream sauces then garnished with prosciutto bacon)
IMG_2245_zpsa235309c.jpg

I am not sure what everyone else got. I do know (due to the picture) that someone ordered the Major Domos Short Rib
IMG_2246_zpsee83ae01.jpg

I think it was B since she sat across from me.

During lunch, Kira was suffering the effects of the previous nights meal. (too much fried seafood) She spent quite a bit of time in the restroom, poor girl. She does this every time she eats fried seafood. She can't quite control her self with the quantity and then the next day has a more personal relationship with the nearest restroom than she would probably like to have.

Dessert came when in between her many trips.

Someone had this (not myself or Kira) I believe it is the flourless chocolate cake.
IMG_2247_zps93329444.jpg

I know that Kira and I both had the Pumpkin cheesecake. (really more of a mousse that was inside a shell and topped with cranberry sauce) Which brings me to an overall complaint with the desserts during this trip. Mousse... really? It seemed like everything was some variation of a mousse. Not that I completely mind...but I can only take so much flavored whip cream. At least this one had a shell to give it some texture.
IMG_2248_zps56b86ba2.jpg

With lunch done, we all started our way out. On our way though, the second (and third) room in our group made it to their CRT ADR and were seated near us. Now, originally we were all going to dine together...however I suspect that B was having her own issues with S and K..well, for sure K... I know that K didn't like B and visa versa. So I have to suspect that this caused some tension between S and B... and so S and her dil and K and S's granddaughter had their meal at CRT separate.. I can't be certain what the reason was.

Since Zoe had really made friends with the two little girls, it was really nice to get a picture of all of them together.

IMG_2252_zpsed07a528.jpg

Next Up: 10/2 - Day 8 Part 3

Oh, kind od seating drama at lunch. ;)

Looks like a lovely time though. I just had to :lmao: when I saw the pictures and everyone's hands and cell phones in it. ;)

Food looks nice and I could not agree more with you on the desserts. Lots of mousse type things. That's why we are happy to no longer do the DDP. So we can skip courses. ;)

Oh, kind od seating drama at lunch. ;)

Looks like a lovely time though. I just had to :lmao: when I saw the pictures and everyone's hands and cell phones in it. ;)

Food looks nice and I could not agree more with you on the desserts. Lots of mousse type things. That's why we are happy to no longer do the DDP. So we can skip courses. ;)

It would have been nice for Zoe had the other girls been with us...and honestly, I don't know/remember what the true reason that they didn't dine with us. Maybe there would be too many of us? That would have taken our party up by another 4 when there was already 6 of us.

I probably could have cropped those pictures...but I was too lazy. ;) Besides...it is kinda funny to see the photos on the screens of the other cameras.

Food there was good. I am not sure it is "signature" but it was good... and I am actually looking forward to trying a non dp trip. I do hope to get the TIW card before the fall. I hope that it will be a good fit...especially when it comes to options like the mousse that I really would like to skip...but on dp feel compelled to get. The frustrating thing was that it was listed as cheescake. on no planet could that have been considered cheesecake.:rotfl:

Poor Kira. Can I just say that I have experienced her plight myself.

Your food looks relish - especially the desserts. I have never eaten at CRT but if I ever have a granddaughter she will be dining there for sure.

That picture of Zoe with her new friends is absolutely adorable! So cute!

Looks like an overall nice experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter