• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Very Disney Christmas! Nov/Dec 2010 PTR (Trip Drama & 2 Days! 11/24)

Thanks for all the links! I'll have to delve into those later today for sure. Can't wait to get there already..... :santa: :hyper:

I have seen almost every one of the storytellers, and some I have seen more than once. Brooklynn pulled her stroller cover over her head and kept it there the entire time the Monkey King was performing. She was not a fan. :laughing:

Oh, to be immersed in a Disney Christmas!!! :santa: I am jealous of anyone who is going from now until the end of the year. Happy for them, but jealous. ;)

I hope Claire is feeling all better now, and I hope you are all healthy for your trip.

Oh my!! How funny! Yeah--the Monkey King looks a little different than the other storytellers for sure! :goodvibes

Claire is feeling MUCH better--thanks! She is pretty much back to normal!

Thanks for all the links! I'll have to delve into those later today for sure. Can't wait to get there already..... :santa: :hyper:

No problem!! There is a bunch of great info so I just had to share! I'm ready to be there, too!! Not much longer now! :santa:

Catching up a bit - just saw all the outfits you ordered - adorable! I love the Mary Poppins shirts and pants! So cute and creative!!

Great Halloween pics too. :goodvibes Looks like a very fun, and very busy day!

I would have loved to seen the Storytellers while we were there last year, but it just didn't happen. I guess that's a good reason to go back around Christmas, right? :laughing:

The Holidays Around the World seems so fun-- I just always wondered if the multiple Santas confused the children who still believed!

Awww, I'm sorry Claire has been sick! Hopefully she's feeling better by now. Miguel and I have been battling sinus infections this week, and we said the same thing - better now than in two weeks when we're at Disney!

Thanks for the info about the storytellers! We'll definitely have to check some of those out while we're at Epcot. :goodvibes

Catching up a bit - just saw all the outfits you ordered - adorable! I love the Mary Poppins shirts and pants! So cute and creative!!

Great Halloween pics too. :goodvibes Looks like a very fun, and very busy day!

I would have loved to seen the Storytellers while we were there last year, but it just didn't happen. I guess that's a good reason to go back around Christmas, right? :laughing:

Hi Brook!! Thanks!! We had a GREAT Halloween!! Yes--definitely a good reason to go back!! :thumbsup2

The Holidays Around the World seems so fun-- I just always wondered if the multiple Santas confused the children who still believed!

It really does!! You know, every year when I taught Kindergarten we did a Holidays Around the World unit and taught about many of the same things. Not once did I have a kid question me on it. But at that age different countries (sometimes even states, towns, etc.) are hard for them to wrap their minds around.

Awww, I'm sorry Claire has been sick! Hopefully she's feeling better by now. Miguel and I have been battling sinus infections this week, and we said the same thing - better now than in two weeks when we're at Disney!

Thanks for the info about the storytellers! We'll definitely have to check some of those out while we're at Epcot. :goodvibes

Claire is back to normal now--about 1 day on meds cured her pretty quickly!! Oh no--I'm so sorry that you and Miguel have been sick. Are you feeling better? I know with all of the weather changes recently it has made a lot of people have the sinus crud.

Claire is back to normal now--about 1 day on meds cured her pretty quickly!! Oh no--I'm so sorry that you and Miguel have been sick. Are you feeling better? I know with all of the weather changes recently it has made a lot of people have the sinus crud.

We are feeling better - still not 100% but at least we're both able to function now! It was a rough couple of days. :sick: I'm so glad to hear Claire is all better now! :goodvibes

OMGosh! I LOVE Kurt Warner! :lovestrucI've always liked him (I have his book on my iPhone, but I haven't read it yet), but when I saw him do that Gene Kelly-inspired dance on DWTS, I fell in love! He seems like the greatest guy! And what a story he has to tell. From grocery store clerk to Super Bowl winning quarterback. He's incredible! All he does is win, and he never gets the recognition he deserves. I need to start a "Kurt Warner for the Hall of Fame" drive! He has better stats (except for number of Super Bowl rings) than my beloved Troy Aikman, and he got in. Kurt needs to be in there, too, durn it!

Oops. Got off track there for a minute. Sorry about that!:blush:

Anyway, thanks for spilling the beans! And I'm off to read your TR for real now. Tennessee's big win this weekend has put me in a better mood. Sorry for your loss, though, Becky! I am honestly a SEC fan, and since Tennessee has stunck it up ( I know. Totally not a word) so badly that we don't have a chance, I was really hoping to see another SEC team in the National Championship. I'll always pull for the SEC (although it REALLY hurts to do it when I have to pull for Florida). :headache:

Now back to your regularly scheduled PTR.....

I did not know he was on DWTS! We don't normally watch that show, but I would have started if I knew he was on it. I was a fan of his before we saw him but of course, even bigger now. I wonder if I could find this season on DWTS on Hulu.... I will have to check. Oh, and I agree that he should be Hall of Fame. His numbers are too good, and the person that he is off of the field is someone that the NFL should recognize. I was so sad when he retired! Thanks for being excited with me!! :goodvibes

Thank you for the links! Sometimes I forget that we are going at Christmas time because I feel like I am just trying to get us ready to go. When I saw your update, it made me really happy to see all of the Christmas stuff. I can't wait!!

Glad to hear Claire is on the mend!!

Thanks for all those links, while I'm not going at Christmas time I love reading about it!! I will just have to live vicariously through all of you going!!!

Hi!! And thanks for posting!! Thank you--so glad that you enjoy my PTR! Yes! We will be there the exact same week! Where are you staying?!

We're staying at All Star Movies this trip - we booked in early October, so that was all that was left. It will be our first time at a value, so I'm a little nervous, but I'm sure we'll be fine!

We stayed at WL last Christmas - it was GORGEOUS. You will love it!!!

I'm glad Claire is feeling better. Poor little girl! Better to get it out of the way now, though.

Christmas at WDW sounds so exciting!

Hi Becky,
So glad Claire is feeling better and yes better to be sick now then in Disney in 2 weeks! I loved your Halloween update, the girls look adorable in their costumes. Yay on Claire in the photo contest too! I hear you on the workers in your house :headache: not fun is it? But it will be so nice when the playroom is done :goodvibes. Anyway we are just back from WL (much needed last minute getaway) I think your going to love it there, especially over holiday season. The tree wasn't up yet but will be by Thanksgiving. It's beautiful resort and the kids and I loved it almost as much as Poly. Whispering Canyon was so fun too! We loved MVMCP, though it got so cold at night. I will try to post my pics on FB really soon. We are planning our family trip for October too over the kids fall break. Maybe well be there the same dates. Not sure which resort yet, maybe Poly, Beach, AKL or WL :laughing:. I can't wait to read all about your trip when you get back!

So happy to hear that Claire is feeling better! While we were in WDW we had to take Isabella to the hospital b/c of sickness! I need a do - over trip!
You guys are going to have so much fun at Disney! I think Christmas time is my favorite time of year there. My girls love the christmas party!!
Love to hear all about your planning!
Laura

Hey Becky...glad that the storytellers blog and info helped you...hope it's right or at least close to this yr's times

That's interesting that others have found that the times guide wasn't accurate for the Storytellers, it was the week were there :confused3

Definitely make time to see them, we LOVED the Storytellers! If I had to narrow down my favorites, I think I'd say UK, Norway, Germany & Italy. The boys loved the Monkey King in China - go figure! :laughing:

HI BECKY!!! I am so sorry this post is so late! :hug: Of course, I LOVE all of the customs!! How cute! I am currently freaking out about mine right now...this trip is sneaking up on me!

Thanks for all of the links! I can't wait to see the storytellers! I saw pictures of the GF Gingerbread house going up on facebook (I think it was Disney Food Blog?) and it looks sooooo awesome! Are you going to go to the parade taping while you are there?

I can't wait to see the storytellers in EPCOT! Thanks so much for posting those links. I'm hoping to see most of them, but I know it will be difficult with such a large group like ours. T minus 16 days for us!

Actually, now that I think about it, I actually do remember this.:upsidedow Let us know once your dates are finalized. I would love to get a chance to see you in the parks!;)
US TOO- Christmas this year and we just booked october 15-22 for next year!

somehow my subscription to your thread lapsed, not sure how-it seems a lot of my subscriptions went bonkers on me- but i am back!! and loving all the great christmas resources and updates!!1:thumbsup2

I'm getting all caught up!! I love the list of the storytellers! Helga in Germany is by far my fav!!! Father Christmas in England is pretty good too but Helga is something else!!!! Plus you can stand there and sip on the wonderful warm wine as you watch her!!

Hope the sickness has left your house!! My brother, dad, and I all had the stomach bug this past week..better now than in a few weeks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter