A very early PTR - October 2015

Ms Poppins

I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk
I usually wait until about a month to go before I start a pre-trippie, but I'm just too excited today to wait any longer!

We had a wonderful holiday last October to celebrate my 40th birthday with all our kids there too. My eldest two will be 21 and 18 at the beginning of May and we have a lot of bits and bobs to pay for around the house so I didn't think we'd manage a trip to Disney this year........as ridiculous as it sounds, the thought of that made me very sad :sad1: We've been every year since 2009 and a few before then too.

So, when the current deal of 30% off with free half board was advertised I had a sneeky look and thought the prices looked ok. Started checking flights and they were ok too. We spoke to the kids and my eldest wasn't bothered about coming (no big surprise) but Abbey also said she wasn't bothered this year either :sad2: After much discussion I took the plunge and booked for me, DH and our youngest, Lewis who'll be 11 by then.

Very excited by it all, I've been looking at photos of past trips and got chatting to Abbey this afternoon and I asked her for a final time if she was sure she didn't want to come. She said she did want to come but thought it would be too late - needless to say I booked her flight and added her on with the travel company in about 10 minutes flat :flower1:

:cool1::cool1::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::banana::banana::bounce::bounce::bounce::jumping1::jumping1:party:

As you may have gathered - I'm a tad excited :hyper:

Where
The Hotel New York of course, where else? Been here so many times I've lost count. Love the easy walk to the parks, the civilised breakfast and not needing to get on a bus at all. I've said it a million times but I love being in our Disney Bubble when we stay here - the real world is left behind for a few days.

When
Sunday 4 October -– Thursday 8 October 2014. This is the week before we usually go. The school holiday week is the following week but I couldn't get the time off work this year so we've decided to take Lewis out of school for a few days. There are 2 in service days the week we go so he's only missing 3 days.

The Cast
Me - Julie (40)
DH - John (44)
DD - Abbey (18) by then
DS2 - Lewis (11) by then

Here's one of my favourite photos of our last visit:

10686972_10202901062870100_3770278478616442147_n.jpg

And another of them where you can actually see what Abbey looks like :rotfl:

10730962_10202901096910951_5775804203653978737_n.jpg

She's the one on the left......

So far I've booked the flights (suitcase added on too), booked Disney via Walt Disney Travel Company and I've also booked Ezyshuttle to get us to and from the airport.

Places we want to eat include Bistro Chez Remy, Walts, Parkside Diner and maybe Cafe Mickey. Meal plan is included so we'll make the most of it and use at face value if we need to.

That's me for now - sorry it's so long in advance but my calendar says 199 days so not that long really :rotfl2:

I'm soo in fir this PTR Julie love Abby changed her mind !!!!
Had to be the HNY as always 199 days will fly in we will be nearly 41 by then :(
We are on 145 days my life is mad at the min so prob won't get round to a PTR this time Jill r said she may do one and me and a few others will join her lol.

Julie isn't a disney trip like Christmas and birthdays we all have to have kind at least once every year lol xxx

Sounds great and lovely that you can go when the parks are a bit quieter! So pleased Abbey is going too, my DD is 18 in June and I'm dreading her not wanting to come with me :sad2: I felt quite sad when you said she wasn't going. The HNY must feel like going home for you now. We've stayed there twice and I agree it's great having such a short walk to the parks. Last time we stayed at DCR and although I really liked it I missed being in "the bubble".pixiedust:

Yay for your PTR and of course it's not too early. :thumbsup2 If you like I'll start my Jan 16 PTR when I get back from California - just to take the bad look off you. :rotfl2:

How lovely that Abbey changed her mind - really happy for you and look forward to reading more. :goodvibes

Last edited:

I'm soo in fir this PTR Julie love Abby changed her mind !!!!
Had to be the HNY as always 199 days will fly in we will be nearly 41 by then :(
We are on 145 days my life is mad at the min so prob won't get round to a PTR this time Jill r said she may do one and me and a few others will join her lol.

Julie isn't a disney trip like Christmas and birthdays we all have to have kind at least once every year lol xxx

Oh no Rach, not nearly 41!! I'm still trying to get over being 40 :scared1: :rotfl2: I'm glad you agree that Disney should be an annual trip :thumbsup2

Sounds great and lovely that you can go when the parks are a bit quieter! So pleased Abbey is going too, my DD is 18 in June and I'm dreading her not wanting to come with me :sad2: I felt quite sad when you said she wasn't going. The HNY must feel like going home for you now. We've stayed there twice and I agree it's great having such a short walk to the parks. Last time we stayed at DCR and although I really liked it I missed being in "the bubble".pixiedust:

I had got used to Mark (my eldest) not coming with us over the last few years, but was a bit shocked when Abbey didn't want to come. I kind of thought she would change her mind. I'm so glad I checked with her again - I think I'd have got really upset if I found out nearer the time that she wanted to go but hadn't said anything. She's too thoughtful for her own good sometimes....she didn't want to cause a fuss or any bother in adding her onto the package - as if! :bitelip:

Yay for your PTR and of course it's not too early. :thumbsup2 If you like I'll start my Jan 16 PTR when I get back from California - just to take the bad look off you. :rotfl2:

How lovely that Abby changed her mind - really happy for you and look forward to reading more. :goodvibes

Yes please Ann :rotfl2: I just got an urge to do a PTR today....

Reading along! I'm so glad Abbey decided to come... I get angry with my family when they go without me when I'm away at University... They're in WDW right now and I'm jealous enough even though I'm in France having the time of my life :laughing: She made the right decision for sure :thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear more plans as they come!!

NEVER too early for a PTR!! I'm considering starting one for March 2016, but I think that IS too far!!! lol

Looking forward to hearing all about the New York!!

C x

I've been neglecting the Dis for a wee while - seem to be really busy at work just now and catch up on posts using my phone which I don't really like :rolleyes:

Lots going on from me since my last post - DS and DD both had big birthdays, 21 & 18 within 2 days of each other....bad planning :laughing: Mark had a Back to the Future Theme (we are all BTTF geeks as much as Disney)

11204956_10204064273469638_4714269098604217832_n.jpg

11226180_10204064273109629_5782062314950171832_n.jpg

And Abbey had a beautiful Alice inspired cake:

11016975_10204073072929619_2894135778669967291_n.jpg 10923326_10204073073409631_4788627735553106969_n.jpg

And then we had her prom......

11406559_10204319272284449_7642274144830050288_n.jpg

So, all in all a very busy few months. Now it's time I got my head back into DLP and our trip planning :thumbsup2

I paid the balance the other week so just my spends to get sorted. But, I still need my list ;)

Flights, bags and hotel with free half board plus all booked and paid
Travel Insurance - done
Ezyshuttle booked - still to pay
Airport parking - still to do
Renew Lewis' passport - will get forms this week when I'm off work and get sorted

Meals TBC but looking very much like Walts, Bistro Remy, Parkside Diner, Cafe Mickey - or would quite like to try the Silver Spur Steakhouse - any up to date reviews anyone?

I've checked the calendar and the first week in October is already up, so Sunday night main park is open until 9pm which means we might catch Dreams when we arrive. Other nights it's 8pm which is fine for us. We've spoken about maybe visiting a different on-site hotel each night for a drink/look around. Lewis has always been keen to see the Cheyenne so this might be the best chance of doing it - if we're not all absolutely exhausted.....

Looking forward to seeing the new version of EMH with the characters and might consider the photo pass if it looks good.

Lewis also very, very excited about the Jedi Training Academy - will be watching reports on this closely over the next few months so that we make sure we get to this.

We loved our tea break in Cafe Fantasia last time so all agreed we want to fit this in too :goodvibes

That's all for me for now - going to try and trail through the rest of the Dis today to catch up on what I've missed. Twitter has been my friend on my phone recently. I love looking at all the photos that are posted.....wish we were having a summer trip too as I'd really have liked to see the Frozen area at Frontierland. I'll just need to be content with youtube and twitter :laughing:

85 days and counting :cool1:

I'm in! You're very organised! I've never been for the Halloween season, I'd love to see it.

This will be our third time at Halloween :thumbsup2- I love all the decorations around the park and last year in particular was fantastic. EMH was amazing for getting in amongst all the ghosts in Main St, listening to them cackle and taking lovely photos. Also love Frontierland in Halloween too. Early October the crowds are usually quiet mid-week and the weather not too bad either - all in, I think it's a perfect time to go :goodvibes Although, I do also love summer....and Christmas.....em, I think I'd go just about any time :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I'm following along Julie! So glad to hear Abbey changed her mind. Her prom dress is stunning.
Looking forward to hearing about the Jedi training academy...I'm keen to rope my boyfriend's brother and his wife and kids into a DLP trip and was telling them about this to try and convince them :hyper2: their boys are 7 and 3 and would love it!

Well I've booked for Halloween! Not the same time as you though - we're there 30th-2nd.
How are the plans coming along?

I'm following along Julie! So glad to hear Abbey changed her mind. Her prom dress is stunning.
Looking forward to hearing about the Jedi training academy...I'm keen to rope my boyfriend's brother and his wife and kids into a DLP trip and was telling them about this to try and convince them :hyper2: their boys are 7 and 3 and would love it!

Thanks Lisa :goodvibes I've read a couple of reports about lots of queuing/getting tickets etc for the Jedi academy. Will wait until nearer the time as Lewis recently said he wasn't too sure about it now as it's all in front of an audience....we'll see ;)

Well I've booked for Halloween! Not the same time as you though - we're there 30th-2nd.
How are the plans coming along?

Wow, fantastic! I'm sure you'll love it - really nice time to see the parks :thumbsup2

Plans are coming along fine - the all important renewal of Lewis' passport is complete and just waiting on it coming back to us.

Been watching the Euro rate and really good just now so might need to get some earlier than I'd planned. Also wondering if I should pay Ezyshuttle in cash instead of via paypal before we go like I usually do. I don't know what Euro rate will be via my bank?

61 days and counting :cool1:

Been watching the Euro rate and really good just now so might need to get some earlier than I'd planned. Also wondering if I should pay Ezyshuttle in cash instead of via paypal before we go like I usually do. I don't know what Euro rate will be via my bank?

I have put Euros on a prepaid mastercard, locking in the rate in case it goes up between now and September. Have to order cash as well and will do that this week from Fairfx who my prepaid card is with.

I have put Euros on a prepaid mastercard, locking in the rate in case it goes up between now and September. Have to order cash as well and will do that this week from Fairfx who my prepaid card is with.

I considered a card but think we might just take cash this time. I've kind of talked myself into just paying the driver and will get some Euros soon I think.

Lewis' passport arrived today - only took 8 days! Great service :thumbsup2

Still to do:
Book airport parking
Fill up travel bottles with all toiletries stuff
Get snacks together & all important hot chocolate...
Fill in all passport information for flights - can't do this until 4 September
Print off all documents

Will need to call to book our meals too - debated last night and food looks like this:

Sunday - late meal at Hotel New York Parkside Diner (no need to book)
Monday - Lunch either in Studios or Earl of Sandwich
Dinner at Bistro Chez Remy - 5pm (which I think is the last sitting)
Tuesday - Lunch at either Lucky Nugget or Caseys
- Late afternoon treat at Cafe Fantasia in DLH
- Dinner at Cafe Mickey - 7:30pm we think...
Wednesday - Lunch Walts - 2pmish - I think that it's only open during the day off season
- Dinner - not sure yet - will see what everyone fancies

We've never eaten at Lucky Nugget before and I seen some lovely photos of the inside and really want to go in there.

Also need to fit in these Pause Gourmande vouchers we've got - will wait to see what you can get with them.

Got Lewis a couple of lovely t-shirts in the Disney store sale, a Jedi one for £3 and a Mickey one for £5.
I'm getting quite excited and been watching lots of Disney vlogs on youtube :cheer2: I love hearing about other peoples experiences at DLP and often pick up on things I've never noticed before, even though we've been loads of times :rotfl:

We enjoyed our meal in Lucky Nugget last June Julie and there was live entertainment while we were eating. :charac2:

We enjoyed our meal in Lucky Nugget last June Julie and there was live entertainment while we were eating. :charac2:

Ooooo - that's what I'm hoping for :cool1:

We love Frontierland and the whole Thunder Mesa story - Lewis is a cowboy fan, always has been, and I can't think why we've never been there before :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter