A very early PTR - October 2015

Just called and booked our meals :cool1:

Sunday - Parkside (no need to book)
Monday - Bistro Chez Remy 5pm
Tuesday - Cafe Mickey 7.15pm
Wednesday - Walts - 2pm

It feels real now that I know where we'll be eating :goodvibes

Great choices! have you been to Chez Remy before? it's fab!
I haven't done lucky nugget yet either, I definitely want to try it at Halloween.

Yes, did Remy last year and loved it. I think i'd have happily had a bag of crisps and a cup of tea though, I just adored the whole place :rotfl2:

:hyper:Nothin wrong with a bag of crisps and a cuppa!
But yes I agree, the theming is so good, it wouldn't matter so much about the food. we actually had a lovely meal there, I think we'll go again. I want to try the premium menu!

Nice choices Julie. :thumbsup2 Looking forward to trying BCR myself. Lucky Nugget was good Dee and we had a little band session.

That's what I'm hoping for :thumbsup2

30 days to go and today was our check in day for the Easyjet flights. Because I booked Abbey's seat separately, I was worried we wouldn't get allocated seats together, but luckily I did them one after the other and we're all in the same row on the way out. On the way back, 3 of us are together, but Abbey's seat is a bit further up the plane. I've tried to call to see if I can pay to get it moved, but DH has said he's fine sitting on his own. Probably be glad of the peace and quiet!

I've booked the airport parking, got all our toiletries sorted out, bought some cereal bars and now just need to print off the boarding passes. Apart from our hot chocolate, we're all sorted :thumbsup2

I've spotted a really nice sweatshirt in the Disney Store with Tsum Tsums on it - I don't have any of them and not really interested in collecting them, but the top is really cute, so that might find it's way into my luggage soon too ;)

Going to get the Cinderella dvd tomorrow and then we'll start our ritual of watching Disney movies every weekend up until our trip :cheer2:

I'm beginning to get just a wee bit excited :jumping1:

You're so much more organized than me, I need to get a move on! We've started on the movie marathon though. lilo & stitch 2 today (we love Stitch!). Next is A Nightmare before Christmas and then the Princess and the Frog (we're hoping to meet Dr Facilier!).

I didn't get around to watching Cinderella yet but did buy the hot chocolate!

Just got home and our postman has delivered our travel docs!

We usually book direct with DLP so not used to getting lovely luggage tags :cheer2:

image.jpg

26 days to go!

Last edited:
Great plans! We arrive the same day as you, staying at hotel New York (first time there) from sundy 4th to tuesday 6th of October. :cool1:

cool! must make a few luggage tags for ourselves.

They won't be used! I love the pictures and I'm sure they'll end up in a photo album or something :rotfl:

Great plans! We arrive the same day as you, staying at hotel New York (first time there) from sundy 4th to tuesday 6th of October. :cool1:

Fantastic! I hope you enjoy it :goodvibes

All the Halloween pictures and news are popping up on Twitter this week. There hasn't been anything too much official, but a kind of schedule was posted that seems to suggest that there will be a wee show on the castle stage that sounds fun. The bramble is back in Fantasyland which looked great last year, but Lewis said he'll miss the sword in the stone. Oh well, that means we'll have to drag ourselves back another time I suppose...;)

Went a bit mad in Primark and got Lewis some lovely Marvel t-shirts and treated myself to some Minnie PJ's, Mickey t-shirt and enough Disney socks for every day....Frozen, Little Mermaid and the best ones, Marie from Aristocats :cloud9:

Everything seems to be organised, so much so that I'm a bit worried that I've forgotten something :scratchin I know I need to get our Euros but apart from that and chucking everything in the case we're all sorted :thumbsup2

Disney movies so far have been Cinderella (new version), Maleficent and a bit of Toy Story. Disney movies this weekend will most likely include Ratatoullie and whatever else takes our fancy.

9 days to go :jumping1:

Went a bit mad in Primark and got Lewis some lovely Marvel t-shirts and treated myself to some Minnie PJ's, Mickey t-shirt and enough Disney socks for every day....Frozen, Little Mermaid and the best ones, Marie from Aristocats :cloud9:

I have to find the Marie socks - will be in Primark before work on Monday morning. :goodvibes

You sound really well organised Julie - as a DLP pro why wouldn't you be. :thumbsup2

I have to find the Marie socks - will be in Primark before work on Monday morning. :goodvibes

You sound really well organised Julie - as a DLP pro why wouldn't you be. :thumbsup2

The benefits of being a serial DLPer :rotfl:

Euros bought today - got rate of 1.32 which is less than over the past month, but still better than we've had previously.

Exciting news is that I booked tickets for Disney on Ice and we're going to see it tomorrow night :cheer2: We're all going, including Mark so he gets a wee bit of Disney magic with us too :thumbsup2

Disney movies watched this week include Finding Nemo to get us in the mood for Crush, Tangled to get us in the mood for Dreams and Ratatoullie to get us in the mood for Ratatoullie :rotfl2:

Email to go off to the hotel tomorrow to request Midtown area which is our preferred area.

Packing will be done on Saturday, so we're all set!

4 sleeps :tigger::tigger::tigger:

Enjoy Disney on Ice. I am going to have to take Catherine too a matinee performance this time as she can't always cope with the evening one. I will have to organise those tickets soon.

Excited for you. :goodvibes

Disney on Ice was really good. Loved the scenes which suited our 3 kids perfectly, Toy Story, Little Mermaid and Cars. Frozen of course was included and was fab. It was lovely to see all the wee kids dressed up too.

Finished work today until a week on Monday, so that's a nice feeling :woohoo:

2 sleeps :ccat::ccat:

Have a magical time! dying to hear how you get on. sounds like you're really getting into the mood for it!

Hope you have a great time! :maleficen

Thank you :goodvibes

Have a magical time! dying to hear how you get on. sounds like you're really getting into the mood for it!

Thank you - yes totally in the mood for Disney ::MinnieMo::MickeyMo

Have a wonderful trip Julie. :goodvibes Look forward to hearing all about it. :thumbsup2

Thank you :goodvibes

Before we went to Disney on Ice the other night we had time for some shopping and had a sneek around the Disney Store.....all the Christmas stuff is out already and I nearly passed out when I found a set of figures from Mickey's Christmas Carol...Mark was obsessed with this as a child so I couldn't walk past it. It got me thinking about the fact that we'll probably buy some more ornaments at DLP this week so today I took a photo of all our Disney Christmas ornaments so that I don't buy doublers :rotfl:I always just stare in awe when we go into the Christmas shop and end up forgetting what we've already got :rotfl2:

Abbey treated herself to some lovely Mickey Vans today so she's more excited than me at the moment I think :rotfl:

All sorted out now - packing done with the exception of those last morning things that need popped in the bag.

Roll on tomorrow :banana: The weather looks like a mixed bag so hope it doesn't rain too much :umbrella:

We'll leave home around 1ish and have something to eat at the airport.

1 more sleep :mickeyjum

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter