• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Very Merry Disney Christmas Vacation- Dec. '14 TR- Updated 6/15 -Day 7

Your sunset pics at AK are beautiful! Sounds like it was a yummy dinner!

POFQ looks so nice, I would love to stay there one day.

The pictures of the giraffes are amazing, great job. I also love all the Christmas parade pictures. The older floats in the parade are my favorites, to me they are Disney and Christmas.

I love all of the Christmas parade pictures at the MK. I miss all of the Christmas decorations too. And thanks! The giraffes on the safari are my favorite part.

Sorry...we were gone for the weekend and I'm slowly catching up again (I haven't even gotten to finish my TR like I wanted to by today or respond to the people who have subscribed to my PTR :().

What a great picture of the AK Christmas tree.

I'm sorry...but I just couldn't tour AK with you...I can't do EE anymore. But I could do Dinosaur numerous times. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

And you did Primevil Hurl too? :faint:

Great pictures of the BEST animal on the planet -- the giraffe.

Hi Kathy! It's totally fine, trust me I know busy. I've been so busy with school lately too. It's been hard for me to keep up with everyone too!
But yeah, I totally understand EE, it's pretty bumpy and rough. And you can have Dinosaur! I can do without it.

What a great day at AK! Did I count 7 rides on EE? Love the collage too!

Sounds like a great meet with Mickey and Minnie!

Dinner looks like it was yummy! And what a great night resort hopping! I think POR and POFQ are beautiful - great theming!

And I totally would have eavesdropped on that girl on the MK bus! Who doesn't like MK??

Yepp! Seven times! It was so awesome being able to ride it that many times. Dinner was so amazing, I wish we were eating there again tonight! Ugh. And yes! I was so happy to finally see POR and POFQ! It's gorgeous.

Great reviews.. everest is my favorite

I totally agree, Everest is my favorite too! Obviously I could ride it all day. :o

Your sunset pics at AK are beautiful! Sounds like it was a yummy dinner!

POFQ looks so nice, I would love to stay there one day.

Thank you! I sure do love a Florida sunset! And it was amazing! One of my favorites on the trip. And I want to stay at POFQ so badly!!

Great updates. I really, really want to try Saana. I don't think I'll be able to get it on our list for October with Food & Wine, but maybe a trip next year I can squeeze it in. You are making me very "homesick" for AKL/Kidani...especially as cold as it is here today.

I love that you had great transportation mojo and were able to tour a few resorts. Our friends LOVE POFQ when they stay moderate, but I'm not a fan of the masks and stuff. If we ever stayed moderate again and decided to stray from the Coronado, POR-Riverside would get our vote.

Great updates! Sounds like you guys had a perfect day at AK. How great that you got to ride EE 7 times! Your pictures at sunset are making me want to be there so bad! I need to get out of this New England freeze!

Your meal at Sanaa looks amazing. I'm tempted to move all of my ADRs around so I can dine at Sanaa in April. Oh well, maybe next trip. There are so many places at want to try at Disney!

I love your pictures of all the resorts at Christmas time.

Great updates. I really, really want to try Saana. I don't think I'll be able to get it on our list for October with Food & Wine, but maybe a trip next year I can squeeze it in. You are making me very "homesick" for AKL/Kidani...especially as cold as it is here today.
I love that you had great transportation mojo and were able to tour a few resorts. Our friends LOVE POFQ when they stay moderate, but I'm not a fan of the masks and stuff. If we ever stayed moderate again and decided to stray from the Coronado, POR-Riverside would get our vote.

Saana definitely one of our favorites, it's fantastic! And oh my goodness, AKL/Kidani has become one of our favorite resorts to explore because there's just so much to see! I've never stayed there, but it's on my list for sure. I wasn't a huge fan of POFQ, but Eli loved it. I thought it was too busy in the decor and theme. We really wanted to stay at POR-Riverside, but they weren't offering free dining this trip.

Great updates! Sounds like you guys had a perfect day at AK. How great that you got to ride EE 7 times! Your pictures at sunset are making me want to be there so bad! I need to get out of this New England freeze!

Your meal at Sanaa looks amazing. I'm tempted to move all of my ADRs around so I can dine at Sanaa in April. Oh well, maybe next trip. There are so many places at want to try at Disney!

I love your pictures of all the resorts at Christmas time.

AK was such a great day! It was gorgeous weather and an amazing sunset. I feel your pain on the cold weather, it was 8 degrees yesterday where I go to school. And yes! Sanaa is amazing, we have had two fantastic experiences there. And me and Eli have made a list of all of the places we want to try at Disney, more are always added when we come back from a trip. I wish it was still Christmastime! I love all of the decorations too!!

December 18th Part 1: Did I Cry on RoR? Maybe, Maybe Not

Hello everyone! I just cannot stop updating! Whoops, procrastination at it's finest. So it's currently 12 degrees up at school, and it feels like -1...No thank you. I keep looking back at all of my cruise pictures and keep wishing I was on Castaway Cay with a tropical drink. Boohoo!! Hopefully (fingers crossed) my family and I will be setting sail again this summer to celebrate my graduation from college!

16342963449_87fdb59779_b.jpg

I wish I was there right now.... :sad::sad1:

Okay so back to the TR.
We woke up really early because we wanted to get to HS for rope drop. We skipped breakfast and went to the car to drive over. We honestly found it easier to drive instead of taking the bus. And since we had reservations at a hotel, it was just easier all around.
We got to HS about 15 minutes before it opened, which was amazing!! The first thing we wanted to to was....RnR. I did it because Eli really likes it, and honestly it's not awful, I just hate the anticipation. I even had a mother ask me if it was my first time riding because of how nervous I was.

Okay funny store real quick. So for my 7th birthday my family went to Disney for a week. My brother was 5 at the time so him and my mom would usually do their own thing like Playhouse Disney Live, etc. So it was always me and my dad doing our own stuff. Well, RnR was new since we had been there the last time and my dad was like we should totally go on that! Unknowing what the ride really was. He thought it was going to be like Space Mountain or something. So, the over the chest bar comes down and my dad said that he knew he made a mistake.
Long story short, I sobbed the whole time and my dad felt really really bad and ended up buying me a Disney plush and a Mickey ice cream bar.

Okay, anyways! We go to the ride photo and I saw a family looking at our photo laughing.
16517695321_cc2efb7f35_o.jpg

Because I look like I am sobbing!
Okay, I did get a little teary eyed because I was trying really hard to keep my eyes open! Usually I close them the whole time.

After RnR we went over to Fairfax Fare to grab breakfast. Eli got a sausage, egg, and cheese on an English muffin, and I had a the same thing except with bacon. We didn't have the best ordering experience because the cast member was not the friendliest. She was very rude! Our breakfast was filling, but it wasn't the best especially for how expensive it was.
After an okay breakfast, we went over to ToT. We didn't have to wait long to ride, and for some reason I don't have a ride photo for it.

15896833934_ae8de12aa3_b.jpg

The lines were already getting pretty long when we got off ToT so we decided to just walk around and relax. We headed over to Animation Academy.

16333499407_38f906e56b_b.jpg

We waited for the 11:00 drawing session which was about 30 minutes away. We didn't mind to wait.
We watched Baymax interact with some guests. I wanted to meet him and Hiro so badly, but the wait was really, really long.

We had never done Animation Academy, so it was really cool getting to experience it. And we drew Tigger!

After drawing, we walked around The Magic of Animation. We walked around the galleries and watched some of the shows. It was really cool and interesting.

It was getting kind of close to lunchtime, so we made our way to the Streets of America.
We walked around what would soon be lit up as the Osborn Family Lights to look for any hidden things. It was totally different walking around during the day and looking at everything.

16517698101_96de092683_b.jpg

We did however find a hidden Constantine!

After wandering around for a while, it was time for lunch. Hollywood Studios, for us, is a tricky place to eat quick service. There aren't really a lot of options if you're not in the mood for burgers and fries.
We ate at Pizza Planet, I had been there before and I am a sucker for Disney pizza so it sounded like a good choice.

The pizzas were individualized and came with a side Caesar Salad. I got a cheese pizza and Eli got meat-lovers or something. We both got sodas and salads. I got the specialty Christmas cupcake for dessert and I honestly cannot remember what Eli got...

16331697298_44abeae47d_b.jpg

It was a gingerbread cupcake with cream cheese icing and it was delicious!!

Honestly I thin we'll go back to Pizza Planet on our HS days. It's quick and easy and Disney pizza is always yummy.

Check back soon when we spend the rest of our afternoon seeing shows and I fail at taking pictures....

Next Post

Last edited:
Aw, sorry but I did laugh at your RnR picture! But I think you may have been a little scarred from your first ride!

We got to see all of the Osborne lights in the daytime since we were there for Halloween. It was really strange seeing all these Christmas trees and reindeer in October!

I think we may try Pizza Planet next time. HS really doesn't have many great QS options.

Excited to read about the rest of you day!

Just found your trip report, can not wait to read it! I love going to disney for Christmas!

December 18th Part 2: I Never Ever Want Christmas to End

After we finished up our lunch it was time for our ToT fastpasses. We headed over and the line was really long, which we were surprised at.
While in line I heard a kid talking about RnR to his family and of course I had to tweet about it.

"Rockin Roller Coaster is just like Space Mountain" No it isn't little boy...No it isn't.

I was just standing in line trying not to look at him like I was totally crazy.
This was our seventh ride on ToT this trip (whoooo).

16331944940_4e4d741817_b.jpg

Of course had to take a quick selfie

After ToT it was getting close to see Beauty and the Beast, one of Eli's favorite movies.
I had not seen this show in years!!! I honestly cannot remember the last time I saw it. It was packed! But we got pretty good seats and it was amazing, just like I remember! The songs and the dances, we were both loving every minute of it.

Soon it was time to go to our next FP which was for Toy Story Mania! I won our game by a longshot.
I love that ride, I just could not imagine waiting 110 minutes for it like some people. Bless the people that will!

After Toy Story Mania we walked over to One Man's Dream, one of my favorite attractions at HS. I love going in there because I love reading all about Walt's life and how he made his dream come true.

16331697248_91206c4e47_b.jpg

Can I have everything that's in this office please and thanks??

16333133069_ce38f4be81_b.jpg

We had our next FP coming up so we skipped out on the One Man's Dream movie and went over to Journey of the Little Mermaid. This was another show that I had not seen in a really really long time and I was really excited!

16333499247_6daf878594_b.jpg

16331697928_e72401d336_b.jpg

Why can't these come in adult sizes??!!

We waited about ten minutes before we could go into the theater. We wanted to sit towards the front, so we chose to sit in the second row. Okay so you know how they say "please move all the way down and fill in every available seat"? I mean, honestly they say this at every single Disney show anywhere. Well, this family of four refused to move! They stopped dead center and refused to move. After about five minutes of parents yelling at them to keep going and the cast members explaining to them they had to keep going, they moved. They were so mad, but everyone cheered and clapped when they moved. I just couldn't believe how rude they were about the whole situation. It was a very busy show, almost every seat was filled. The dad ended up leaving as soon as the show started because he was so angry.
I love Journey of the Little Mermaid, it's so well done! It honestly what I remember growing up and coming to HS, well, MGM.
After Little Mermaid we went back to One Man's Dream to see the movie we skipped out on earlier.

16518385162_61c74dcf4e_b.jpg

15896833294_b1bd6937d9_b.jpg

Yay for the monorail!

Of course I cried during the movie....Eli made fun of me of course, but y'all it's such an incredible story. My love for One Man's Dream is too real, I could spend all day in there.
Okay so after my little crying moment, we decided to head back over to Sunset Blvd to ride ToT.

The lines were still pretty long even though it was about 6:00.

16331696678_7754c74c81_b.jpg

16333498937_613c304f94_b.jpg

We had to wait for about 35-45 minutes, which didn't feel too bad. Sometimes the waits feel like forever, but ToT never feels that long to me. I guess because you're moving from outside, to the lobby, then the preshow, then to the Boiler Room. So it's very broken up, and there's a lot to look at which helps!

My pet peeve: When people talk and don't pay attention to the preshow of rides

After riding ToT at sunset (sounds like a title of one of those Magic Treehouse Books) it was time to head over to Osborn Lights!

16333132109_9235213bab_b.jpg

This time we were on the hunt for hidden Mickey's!

15896832584_27443c61fd_b.jpg

16331696218_0d22f155f1_b.jpg

16333131699_c146cd3dfd_b.jpg

And I finally found these guys!!

16331695848_452bef0a25_b.jpg

15896834224_b4526e7752_b.jpg

16517696011_b11e93148a_b.jpg

16333497507_9c9eabd324_b.jpg

16331695148_6f1e60931f_b.jpg

I did not want to leave at all!! I want to be back there right now with all of the Christmas music and dancing lights.

So after Eli literally dragging me out, we went over to the Muppets because we had time before we needed to leave.
We walked right in, just in time for the show to start. I love seeing the Muppets! It's one of my favorites.

Okay so after Muppets, we realized we had about 40 minutes to get to our ADR! Which meant we had to book it, and when I mean book it, we literally were running to the car. Dodging strollers, people, small children, food carts, everything. It was horrible! And when we got to the parking lot, we couldn't find the car!! Neither one of us could remember what row it was in so Eli was just clicking his keys trying to find it. We finally found it and finally made our way over to dinner and we had plenty of time!

Check back next time for our dinner!

Next Post

Last edited:
Aw, sorry but I did laugh at your RnR picture! But I think you may have been a little scarred from your first ride!

We got to see all of the Osborne lights in the daytime since we were there for Halloween. It was really strange seeing all these Christmas trees and reindeer in October!

I think we may try Pizza Planet next time. HS really doesn't have many great QS options.

Excited to read about the rest of you day!

We were both really surprised with Pizza Planet! They have sandwiches and other salads there instead of pizza. We both really liked it.
And I bet seeing the lights in the fall was so weird!
Yeah I don't know why I look so freaked out in our RnR picture....Glad I gave you a laugh though!! Haha!

Just found your trip report, can not wait to read it! I love going to disney for Christmas!

Thanks for joining!! And how can anyone not love Disney at Christmas!! :blush:

Great updates. Love your background story of Rock & Roll. And let me tell you that at my current age of 57, I WOULD be crying if I had to go back on that awful ride. Thank God that Mark and I split up and he does that while I do my beloved TOT. I can't believe how many times you went on it. :)

And I'm with you...love One Man's Dream and we could spend hours in there.

I hate when people can't follow the simple rules. And then they screw up the timing of everything. Seriously people it's NOT about YOU!

I'm glad you got to see Beauty & The Beast again after so many years.

I do have to disagree with you on the pizza. Disney pizza, along with ALL Florida pizza, is awful.

Oh how I missed the Osborne lights this year. We'd gone two years in a row and I really, really was feeling "homesick" when we didn't go this past Christmas season. You got great shots of it all though.

December 18 Part 3: Why Did I Eat so Much and When Did I Get Married

Hello everyone! Hope y'all are staying warm! We're supposed to get 8-12 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow so I'm currently no longer a fan of winter.
We left off racing to dinner! That was so dang stressful! We got to the resort no problem and security scanned Eli's magicband to make sure we had reservations and so we could park.
But where were we eating???.....
The Yacht Club! YAAYYY!! It was our signature dining night :yay::cool1::thumbsup2We were eating at Yachtsman Steakhouse. I was so so so so so excited! I had dined there before but I was like ten or something. My parents always took me and my brother to really nice restaurants so I absolutely LOVE going to them.
We both brought a change of clothes again and we went over to the Beach Club conference center bathrooms to change because we parked right in front of it. It had gotten really cold out! I was wearing a dress and boots and was freezing! But I did pack a jacket.

Our ADR was for 8:05 and we got there right on time. We had to wait a few minutes for our table to be ready before entering the dining room.
If you've never been to Yachtsman before, I highly recommend it especially if you love steak. The hostess realized I had an anniversary button on my backpack and brought us a menu that said "Happy Anniversary" on the top. Even though our two year anniversary was two months ago, it was still very sweet.
We were seated at a two top in the corner, jackpot! I loved being in the corner because it felt very private. We had a wonderful waitress, she was so nice and attentive.
I had a glass of Reisling to drink and Eli had a glass of Merlot. After we ordered our entrees our waitress brought over the bread basket which had an array of breads and then roasted garlic to spread onto your bread as well as salted butter. YUM!

Let me tell you, after (literally) running we both worked up an appetite. We devoured that bread basket. It was so good we couldn't stop! Especially that roasted garlic, I actually made some for Valentines Day!
Our food arrived, and I was so excited!

16331694928_7f689665c5_b.jpg

I ordered the 14oz Prime Rib that came with a side of sweet potatoes. The sweet potatoes had marshmallows, pecans, and they were warm and super yummy!
I've only had prime rib one other time and it was on the cruise and I loved it so I had very high hopes for this one, and it was fantastic!

16333130919_6c205a6fee_b.jpg

Eli got the 18oz Kansas City Strip with truffle fries. He loved it too. Eli's not a huge steak fan and only eats it here and there. But he loved his so much.

We were both very impressed with our entrees and ate almost all of it.

Next up was dessert, because even though we were stuffed, there's always room for dessert!
After ordering our waitress brought over a sampler of desserts because it was our anniversary.

16493399436_2c6d11230e_b.jpg

I honestly don't remember what they were....One was biscotti, the other was like a jelly thing...I don't remember. I tried a bite of each and they were all tasty. Except the jelly thing, I wasn't a fan.

16518385872_533b147373_b.jpg

For dessert Eli had the chocolate-peanut butter cake that came with a side of ice cream. He also ordered a coffee to go with his dessert.

16518382962_7ec31f992e_b.jpg

And I had the seasonal sorbet trio, very adult of me. It wasn't chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry I don't remember what the flavors were. But it was delicious.

I didn't eat all of my dessert because I was completely stuffed.
So me, being the total adult I am, spilled sorbet all over my dress....So I excused myself and ran to the bathroom to attempt to get it out, which led to having a giant water stain on my dress.
By the time I came back from my mini emergency, Eli had already signed the bill. He was laughing to himself when I came back over to the table and I asked what was up. He said that when the waitress came back to leave the check she said "I had a lovely evening serving you and your lovely wife." We both started laughing. It was very sweet and funny and neither one of us minded.
The rest of the night we joked about "my lovely wife" or "my lovely husband".

After dinner we decided to walk around, and attempt to walk off our huge meal.

16333130999_f1be1a82a1_b.jpg

We went over to the Beach Club lobby because I couldn't move. I was so full I was dying. We didn't walk around for too long because we were both really full and getting sleepy because our bodies were trying to digest our meal. I felt like I had a baby cow in my belly from all the food. Bleht. I love food, but I hate feeling grossly full after a good meal.

We got to the car and started driving back when we noticed that Illuminations was happening! We could see the Christmas finale from the car!

We made it back to our hotel, we ran up to the room and got our refillable mugs and went down to Peppers to fill them up.
We walked around the gift shop for a little bit before coming back to the room to watch TV before bed.
I really enjoy having dinner at a resort and then having time to relax and come back to the hotel afterwords. I would not want to feel as full as I did and ride ToT or Test Track! No thanks!!

Well, we only have two full days left! :eek::worried: It's going to be so weird once this TR is over with! Guess I'll just have to go on another Disney trip, hehe!

Okay check back soon because we're heading to Epcot!

Next Post

Last edited:
I LOVE Yachtsman Steakhouse. Le Cellier used to be our go to steak place until we discovered Yachtsman. I am planning on making a dining reservation there for our October trip again. We got that same "dessert trip sampler" for our anniversary last year.

I hear you on the "too full" to be able to walk around and enjoy the surroundings.

How cool that you got to see Illuminations from your car.

Aww such a cute story from when you were little. At least you got a plush and ice cream out of it!! I feel your dread about RnR, not a fan of it either.

Sounds like a great day at DHS. The lights are seriously the most amazing thing!

What a lovely dinner! All the food looks delicious.

What a great afternoon/evening at HS! Sounds like you guys got to catch lots of shows! Too bad about that rude family at LM! Seriously, some people...:confused3

And 7 rides on ToT!! You guys were out to set some kind of record or something with that at EE!

Another yummy dinner at Yachtsman! Both dinners look delicious! That dessert sampler looks...interesting. The ones you guys ordered look much better!!

Great updates. Love your background story of Rock & Roll. And let me tell you that at my current age of 57, I WOULD be crying if I had to go back on that awful ride. Thank God that Mark and I split up and he does that while I do my beloved TOT. I can't believe how many times you went on it. :)

And I'm with you...love One Man's Dream and we could spend hours in there.

I hate when people can't follow the simple rules. And then they screw up the timing of everything. Seriously people it's NOT about YOU!

I'm glad you got to see Beauty & The Beast again after so many years.

I do have to disagree with you on the pizza. Disney pizza, along with ALL Florida pizza, is awful.

Oh how I missed the Osborne lights this year. We'd gone two years in a row and I really, really was feeling "homesick" when we didn't go this past Christmas season. You got great shots of it all though.

Oh yeah TOT is still my favorite thrill ride, no more RnR for me! They seriously I agree about the people taking up time, it took them forever to take a seat. It was really annoying! Yeah, I miss Osborne already! I love the Christmas season.

I LOVE Yachtsman Steakhouse. Le Cellier used to be our go to steak place until we discovered Yachtsman. I am planning on making a dining reservation there for our October trip again. We got that same "dessert trip sampler" for our anniversary last year.

I hear you on the "too full" to be able to walk around and enjoy the surroundings.

How cool that you got to see Illuminations from your car.

I have always wanted to try Le Cellier just to see what all the hype is about.

Aww such a cute story from when you were little. At least you got a plush and ice cream out of it!! I feel your dread about RnR, not a fan of it either.

Sounds like a great day at DHS. The lights are seriously the most amazing thing!

What a lovely dinner! All the food looks delicious.

Osborn lights are fantastic! And this was the first trip that I actually got to see them, and I fell totally in love with them! Dinner was AMAZING! Why am I not there now!

What a great afternoon/evening at HS! Sounds like you guys got to catch lots of shows! Too bad about that rude family at LM! Seriously, some people...:confused3

And 7 rides on ToT!! You guys were out to set some kind of record or something with that at EE!

Another yummy dinner at Yachtsman! Both dinners look delicious! That dessert sampler looks...interesting. The ones you guys ordered look much better!!

Yes! This was our trip for seeing the shows. When we came in Oct. '13, we didn't have time to see any of them which was really disappointing. I had never had an experience like that with really rude families refusing to do something. It was bizarre! We were on a roll with rides this trip, I swear. Haha. And yeah, the dessert sampler was odd. I'm all for trying new things, but it was different.

December 19th: Sorry Eli, I'm Leaving You for Mickey

Hello everyone! Well, this is our almost last day. BOOHOO!!!!! I am seriously going to drag this day and our last day out for as long as possible. Sorry not sorry. :hyper:

Well, today was Epcot day! We woke up pretty early so that we could get there a little after 9.

We grabbed a quick breakfast at Peppers before we left. I had a ham and cheese omelette and Eli I think had french toast or something along those lines. I didn't want to eat too much for breakfast because we had ADR's for lunch.

After Peppers we headed to the bus! I was ALL Disney'd out with my cruise clothes that I got. I was obsessed with the jacket I got. It wasn't super cold this morning, but it was chilly.
We arrived at Epcot around 9:30, we always plan on being places for rope drop, but it never happens...Because you know, we're slow in the morning.
After making our way through the entrance, we headed straight to Test Track. Okay the line, at 9:30, was 40 minutes! I was in disbelief. The single rider wait was 10 minutes and that's where everyone went. Me and Eli didn't care to be "single riders" and it didn't take long to wait at all! You skip over the design your car.
We did end up riding in the same car, but different rows. I was in the front and he was in the back. I still like old Test Track better.....

After Test Track, it was time for our first Fastpass which was meeting Mickey and friends!
We had to wait for about 10 minutes before we got to meet them, there was this really big family in front of us that was getting pictures with like one group picture, then individuals, and the kids were terrified of Mickey and Minnie.
So it was finally our turn, YAY!

16538041396_0a8cd1330c_b.jpg

16377763199_8b97c8a63d_b.jpg

16564058985_d9083dc0fe_b.jpg

Mickey being like I'm totally going to steal your lady.

16564058895_2b3214fbc8_b.jpg

Next up was Goofy!

16378128897_1c93298369_b.jpg

16377762879_7b5545479a_b.jpg

16377762769_28d26284a9_b.jpg

15943859613_d09cb5d82e_o.jpg

16538041416_0c8510f1a2_o.jpg

16562382851_4f264e8805_b.jpg

And finally, my girl Minnie

16538040666_44bae130a6_b.jpg

15943863083_077399a6ff_b.jpg

15943862993_079309a060_b.jpg

Minnie complementing his Mickey Santa ears

16376384578_3420e3466d_b.jpg

16564059505_77bb203f07_b.jpg

Obviously had to do a Princess pose

16376384018_24edebc435_b.jpg

Minnie hugs are the best ever!

So when I was on my cruise I didn't get to meet Mickey, Minnie, OR Goofy! I was so sad! But I was really happy to finally see them this trip. I did get to meet Donald which was spur of the moment, but he was such a cutie in his Castaway Cay swimming gear!

16574142692_88d28d1296_b.jpg

Why is he so cute?!?!?!

Okay sorry, enough of that. Anywaaaaays after meeting the gang, we headed over to Spaceship Earth to kill time before our next FP.

And it was broken!!! I was heartbroken! We both were actually!
Spaceship Earth is never down....I was so sad. So instead of doing that, we went over to Captain EO because that had no wait and we had a lot of time before out next FP.
Y'all...I had never seen Captain EO before and Eli always joked about it. We waited about 10 minutes before the next show and it's about a 15-20 minute show. It was weird being in that building and not seeing Honey I Shrunk the Kids, that's what I remember growing up.

Good lord, it was entertaining. So weird and so 80's but it was good. We both honestly enjoyed it. It was just funny and weird seeing Michael Jackson so young!
It ended in perfect timing to go to our FP which was for Mission Space. Another ride I am not a fan of. I mean, I don't mind it when it's over, I guess it's just the anticipating of the ride. I hate the blast off part where it feels like your face is going to melt off.
We got to share a spaceship with an older couple that was more terrified than I was.
But it is a cool ride, it's cool how they spin you around and how you can feel the G-force or whatever. It's one of Eli's favorite rides, it's not one of mine.

Well, we got out Mission Space just in time to head over to our ADR. We were eating somewhere we had never eaten before, and were doing it so we could see Candlelight Processional which I had never seen before.

Check back next time when we head into World Showcase and spend most of the day eating and drinking!

Next Post

Last edited:
I'm with you...don't like the new Test Track.

Great photos with Mickey, Goofy and Minnie.

Spaceship Earth down? So rare.

You get a :thumbsup2 for doing Mission! I can't go on that at all. I'd rather go on EE. ::yes::::yes::

Just read your TR and I love seeing all of the Christmas stuff! I hope your semester is going well! My last semester was so stressful, but so fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter