• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ABC Fall Schedule and New Shows

Alias (IMO) really does have the potential to be something great.

I agree. DH, DD and I are all hooked on Alias. The final episode had me on the edge of my seat throughout the whole show! And what a cliffhanger of an ending. Can't wait for the fall season to start!

Originally posted by Another Voice
Wow, I’m getting people to agree with me. I must be doing something wrong.

And Sir Baron, I’d never do anything to prevent you from posting. You’re the only one that can beat some sense into that Pirate fellow.

This is why I love to lurk around here...such a civilized, pleasant change from the debate board! And much better information! ;)

This is why I love to lurk around here...such a civilized, pleasant change from the debate board! And much better information!
Ahhhh! How ironic!! And I 'lurk' on the debate board to catch examples of how not to act!!! ;)

Ah. Quality. If only it were as simple as that. Pick the "quality" show, and watch the ratings pile up!

While I agree that ABC tends to try to ride fads a bit too far (see "Millionaire"), I disagree that they don't seek out "quality" programming.

They are not the only network to get burned on a Seinfeld cast-member vehicle, and some of their more promising shows ("Thieves" for one) just haven't gotten the ratings. Does that mean they aren't good?

There's some truth to the truism "There's no accounting for taste", and trying to predetermine what will meet those tastes is a tricky business. (See "New COKE")

I noticed last week that the NBC show "Scrubs" is a Touchstone Television property. It is doing very well for NBC. The shows that got cancelled on ABC recently were from Fox (Dharma & Greg) and Dreamworks (Spin City) among others, but not Touchstone. How successful is Disney right now in the content-for-other-networks game? If they are good at it, why don't they do it more? If they are good at it, why don't they get some of their better work (like Scrubs) on ABC?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter