!! Absolute best day to visit MK.....!!

DisGal520

surviver of Hurricane Charley @ WDW
So many threads are from folks seeking advice on best day to visit each park. Well I thought I might offer this date as THE DATE to visit the MK, or any of the Disney parks in FL:

June 18th!!!!

:drive:

I'm guessing OP meant because of Harry Potter, but we would love to be at WDW then because it's opening day for Toy Story 3!

Wow! I didn't know that was the opening date for WWOHP. That is one of our Universal days. I guess we should go to whatever park that is at on June 17 and then the other park on June 18. Of course, we will have FOTL, so it shouldn't slow us down too much. We don't really care about Harry Potter anyway.

Marsha

Actually was thinking of a mini trip to SIL in St Pete that weekend. Maybe we should scoot over on Sat!!;) Now I just have to convince dh!!

Any time it's raining really hard (aside from the most crowded days of the year). It's like an instant Fastpass!

I wonder if the opening of WWHOP will just mean more tourists in the Orlando area in general so that the crowds at WDW will be as large, or even larger, than they would be otherwise. I won't be around to find out anyway.

I don't think this is true. First off..I don't think there is going to be a strong correlation on harry Potter and people at Disney. Yes, I think you will see a big surge in people at Universal/IoA, but I think while it will draw some people from Disney, it will also draw MORE people to Orlando, which will boost the number of people going to Disney. (Few people will spend an entire week at Universal.)

As far as that DAY. Well, some people will want to be at Universal for opening day....but others will want to avoid it like the plague. I would suspect a slightly lower # of people at Disney than typical for June 18th...but I doubt it will be significant enough that you would notice it versus June 17th or June 19th.

I was just looking at that day for our planning. It's our last day and I noticed MK has EMH evening hours. Was debating how crowded it would be! Guess we'll just take our chances and hope EVERYONE is at Harry Potter!

I wonder if the opening of WWHOP will just mean more tourists in the Orlando area in general so that the crowds at WDW will be as large, or even larger, than they would be otherwise. I won't be around to find out anyway.

That's my guess. I think that mid to late June will be more crowded in general at both parks because of the surge of people who scheduled a trip to see the new Harry Potter and will also visit WDW while in Orlando.

so was June 18th the best day to visit the MK?

How were your experiences yesterday at MK???? Do you think Harry Potter took any folks away from MK?

I would have to say any day ending in the letter "Y"

ABSOLUTELY!!!! I've always heard that even the most crowded day at Disney is better than your best day at work!! I don't know if that's true--some of those crowds can be a true bummer. BUT, just BEING at Disney is such an awesome experience!!

I don't know about yesterday, but today was pretty good at MK. There were only 10 minute waits(and even that was a stretch) on rides like BTMRR and HM at 12:00. We are going back in a few minutes. We have the GAD fastpasses and only used 1 of our 6 FP's from that. I don't know if HP took anyone away from WDW, but the line for HP when I left was completely wrapped around IOA. I heard it was a 9 hour wait.:scared1: We're going to try back next Wednesday.

Marsha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter