!! Absolute best day to visit MK.....!!

i don't know about yesterday, but today was pretty good at mk. There were only 10 minute waits(and even that was a stretch) on rides like btmrr and hm at 12:00. We are going back in a few minutes. We have the gad fastpasses and only used 1 of our 6 fp's from that. I don't know if hp took anyone away from wdw, but the line for hp when i left was completely wrapped around ioa. I heard it was a 9 hour wait.:scared1: We're going to try back next wednesday.

Marsha

gad???

Not sure if anybody saw pictures of the lines waiting to get in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. So glad I didn't go. 8 hour wait JUST TO GET IN Islands of Adventure
p1050890.jpg

harry%20potter%20park-1356599669_v2.rp600x350.jpg

and a couple of videos showing the line

http://www.youtube.com/user/MagicCityMayhem#p/u/1/JVZeVuVHOAI
http://www.youtube.com/user/MagicCityMayhem#p/u/2/SXcPkBBh8UA

Wow, I guess the guy who told us the line had gone down wasn't joking! We got there at 3 and there was no line to get into IOA. There was a line all around the park to get into WWOHP and they were only letting people in one way. What appeared to be the main entrance was closed.

Marsha

Just got back and we were at MK on the 18th. Not bad. Yes, there was a crowd, but much better than the line at WHP. We were there 11am-6pm, no rope drop. Was able to FP WTP (2x), PP, and SM. Other ride wait times weren't bad. Less than 15 minutes for tea cups, IASW, Monsters Inc, and TTA was walk on. Saw the Move It Shake It parade at 11 when we got there. That was the most crowded thing we did. The hub was full of people. Last chance to see Tiana and thought no way we are waiting in the line, then for her break, etc. But then it decided to pour. We were next to the Christmas Shop which was right next to where she was meeting. We hung out there for about 40 minutes since we wanted to shop there anyway. When the rain started to let up we decided to go get in line at which point others thought the same. We were about the 5th family in line. Tiana came out about 10 minutes later. Apparently, she doesn't meet in the rain (or at least not when there is thunder). So, overall, not sure HP made a big dent, but it was definitely a good park to be at that day. Found out on Thursday that DHS is not a good park to be at if it rains all day! Lots of shows stop, no parade, and those who normally don't care for things like Beauty and the Beast get in line just to get out of the rain.

Just spoke to my cousin who was there last week. She was in the MK on Wednesday, with about 1 hr waits for the big attractions. She said they went back on Saturday (the 19th) and the waits were significantly less...more like 20 minutes for most rides. Now it could have been just a coincidence but you would think a Sat would normally be more crowded than a Wed, so I think WDW visitors most likely benefited from the opening of HP. :thumbsup2

We were at the MK on the 16th and had minimal waits. We were at Epcot on the 18th and except for Soarin had minimal waits. We went back to the MK on the 21st and I think EVERYONE was there. It was very crowded.

We were at the MK on the 16th and had minimal waits. We were at Epcot on the 18th and except for Soarin had minimal waits. We went back to the MK on the 21st and I think EVERYONE was there. It was very crowded.

Were you following me?? :confused3 My family (all 11 of us wearing Buckeye shirts) were in the MK on the 16th and then Epcot on the 18th!!

We were at MK on the 18th and it was very nice. We even left midday (1 to 6)to go to Quest because it was very hot. When we returned, less than half of the parking lot was filled. It was a magical day that only happens once (;.

We rode everything.
We had a slightly crowded spot on the hub for 11:00 fireworks. The only really difficult moment ws at lunch at Pecos Bill's. We were ordering when a lightning storm broke. That was not comfortable.

My last visit was Dec.3-6. We walked on almost everything. It wasn't that empty, but it ws still very nice. The heat was a bigger issue than the crowds.

Were you following me?? :confused3 My family (all 11 of us wearing Buckeye shirts) were in the MK on the 16th and then Epcot on the 18th!!

Were you at the Studios on Father's Day??

How did we miss you all in your Buckeye gear? We are Bucks too! OH-

I was at MK on the 18th but only from about 5pm - 8pm. It wasn't terribly crowded. HM had a 15 minute wait, but Splash Mountain had a 60 minute wait, I think. However, that could have something to do with the fact that BTMRR was shut down due to problems (made Splash's lines longer). It may have been crowded earlier in the day and it may have gotten more crowded later, but it was definitely less crowded on Friday, 6/18 than on Sunday, 6/13.

I think crowds were horrible on june 18 I believe we were in MK but I don't remeber

Were you at the Studios on Father's Day??

How did we miss you all in your Buckeye gear? We are Bucks too! OH-

I-O!!! We left the 19th, but on the 16th at the MK we heard OH, a lot!! Poor DH had to wear the shirt but isn't really an Ohio State fan, he had people Oh ing him all day...:rotfl:

I think crowds were horrible on june 18 I believe we were in MK but I don't remeber

Epcot was great on the 18th!

I was at MK on the 18th but only from about 5pm - 8pm. It wasn't terribly crowded. HM had a 15 minute wait, but Splash Mountain had a 60 minute wait, I think. However, that could have something to do with the fact that BTMRR was shut down due to problems (made Splash's lines longer). It may have been crowded earlier in the day and it may have gotten more crowded later, but it was definitely less crowded on Friday, 6/18 than on Sunday, 6/13.

So funny on different prespectives....we got to MK on Sun 6/13 around 5p, and we had a lot of walk ons, got FP for Splash. I thought, maybe because of Fantasmic showing at DHS that night, Fri 6/18, arrived at RD, got a lot done in the am, came back in the evening, and to me, it was really crowded.

I think we may have seen you on your MK day! We were there as well (all in our matching blule shirts) and we rode the monorail with a group of Buckeyes all in their matching shirts. We arrived at opening (around 8:30). Was that you?? We were in Epcot on the 18th as well then to MK in the evening and both were practically empty!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter