Accessible Room Locations AKL

Janet Shearer

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me where the wheelchair accessible rooms are located in AKL Jambo House. Do they have Savannah views and are they close to the lobby. I am travelling in a group with my brother in law who has MS and has virtually no mobility. Would appreciate your advice?:)

As at all the resorts, AKL is no different. Accessible rooms can be and are scattered throughout the resort. So no, closeness to the lobby is not a given. Yes, there are accessible savannah view rooms. With that type of room, imho you don't really want a room all that close to the lobby. The views are much more spectaculare imho when you get a bit further out with lots more activity and much closer.

He will NOT want to rely on navigating the resorts himself if mobility is such an issue, but have the security of proper mobility. Depending on his specific issues and personality that can include using a walker, rollator (walker with wheels and seat), wheelchair, ecv or alike. But using a mobility aid is a given imho when not always being perfectly able to walk the full halway length at least twice (to and back). And keep in mind; doing it early morning is one thing, but he'll also want to be able to move around after a day spent having been doing things.

Since you are new to this board and this subject; take the time to read the stickies on top of the disABILITIES board. Yes, it does take time to read it but it is time spent in the best possible way. It has loads of advice, sorted per subject.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter