• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Accidentally" booked Contemporary TOWER CL... Eeek

karasmom

Mouseketeer
when I called to make reservations for our upcoming stay I was told that CR only had CL availability under the Military rate - which was perfect. We went ahead and booked and price seemed comparable to previous stays.

When I recently spoke to the IPO the IPO CM mentioned Tower. I asked him what he meant by Tower as I was certain we should be Atrium... Long story short... We are booked in a room in The Tower CL...

I am very worried that we don't "fit in" there. There is only 5 rooms and the rest are suites (expensive ones at that). I have two young girls who aren't completely rotten and misbehaved but they are children nonetheless. I just feel odd thinking off Tower CL :/

Should I keep calling and checking to see if a military rate Atrium becomes available?

Also, I LOVE the CR rooms... I have looked online and while they seem outdated...the Tower level rooms seem to look different than the rest...is that correct? They also seem to be smaller when looking at the floor plans...?

Of course you will fit in! It is Disney! There are a wide variety of people staying in rooms every where. How could anyone be surprised that there are children at Disney? if it really bothers you switch, but it shouldn't bother you.

Thank you to your family for your service to our country! Enjoy your trip.

I wouldn't give it a second thought! This is your vacation and you deserve to stay anywhere you want! ::yes:: :goodvibes I haven't stayed tower club yet, but I wouldn't hesitate to do so if I found a good rate! Have an amazing time and take lots of pictures for us!!!! :thumbsup2

Don't worry about it and enjoy your stay. Part of the joy of being at Disney for me was to see the faces of my kids, now adults, when we were at the parks and resort. Disney is about family fun. If someone has a problem with your girls being girls, let them move.

Enjoy.

I see these comments on the GF thread all the time -- as PP noted, you will fit in just fine. There no Thurston and Lovely Howell, III only categories at Disney. There are plenty of people that stay CL at deluxes that are plain, average, normal middle of the economy families, blue collar jobs, white collar jobs -- just people who want the best vacation that they can afford. One time we were getting on the monorail at the GF and the girls had on flip flops, tank tops and running shorts and I heard someone say "oh my, I bet they weren't allowed in the lobby dressed like that." Not only were they allowed in the lobby, they had just finished a character breakfast! While the CL Tower rooms certainly are the cream of the crop, of course you would expect to find exhuberant children on the floor -- it is Disney World, not a senior citizen home, nor a country club. In fact, we made friends with a father and special needs daughter at our last GF club level stay. He's a successful trial lawyer in his early 60s, he said they go every October, because he is there, he and his daughter can be 10 year olds for the week - no worries, no cares, just enjoy the fun!

Tom

Keep it! I hear the lounge is usually nearly empty and those balconies are HUGE!!!!

You DO fit in and have a great time.:thumbsup2

Thanks everyone!

I just think that someone who spends $2k on a suite they may not want to encounter small children in the lounge...

CL is one thing but Tower is mainly suites so that's a while other level :/

But you probably are all right... No one will care and the people who will obviously will have forgotten that they are at Disney - a family amusent park!

We stayed one night in tower CL last trip. We NEVER saw a soul other than CM's, I'm sure you will be fine :) The tower rooms do look much different than the atrium CL rooms, they look a bit more modern and they are about the same size, if not a little bigger. The toiletries included are bigger and are a different smell. You also get a few extra toiletries than you get in atrium CL.

You need to see the other current thread, about what type of people book CL. Pretty much, there isn't a type. Some of your fellow guests will have children in a variety of age ranges.

I wouldn't worry but I was also under the impression that Tower CL folks could use the Atrium lounge if they wanted to just not the other way around.

Thanks everyone!

I just think that someone who spends $2k on a suite they may not want to encounter small children in the lounge...

CL is one thing but Tower is mainly suites so that's a while other level :/

But you probably are all right... No one will care and the people who will obviously will have forgotten that they are at Disney - a family amusent park!

Op, first off, I'm jealous. Second, you will love it.

We had 4 kids in our party of 8 and the Tower CL CM's treated them/us so well...probably the best out of the CLs we've stayed. They doted on our kids and offered for them to take food/snacks home with them. As far as feeling uncomfortable with kids being a distraction to other guests, no, we never encountered that either. There was at least one other family with kids, but, honestly, there's hardly anyone up there.

...so you'll be fine. Just relax and get ready to enjoy! :goodvibes

Anybody that can afford one of those rooms also can afford to take trips that are not at a Disney hotel. If they do not want to so much as see a child, it is strange planning on their part and certainly not something you should be concerned with. If you were sneaking your kids into a couples destination I could see your concern but Disney hotels are for all guests to enjoy regardless of age.

We are staying in a regular room on tower club level in 11 days! I originally wanted atrium too but the only rooms available were lake facing and in tower club I have a chance of MK facing. Although now I wouldn't mind being lake facing! But the price was a bit cheaper at tower CL too. Anyway I kind of felt the same as you but from everything I read it will be amazing and we have nothing to worry about!

I wouldn't worry but I was also under the impression that Tower CL folks could use the Atrium lounge if they wanted to just not the other way around.

.You are not allowed to use both lounges. I was told this by the CM's there. Actually I stayed 12th Atrium level & they showed a room on the 14th floor and the lounge . I wished I kept the 14th floor as the room we had on the 12th floor was not very clean & very noisy unlike the first three times we stay. OP keep the Tower :)

Lucky You!! I wish that we were able to get the Tower CL! You will fit in just fine!

Take lots of pics and don't forget to post here when you get back. We'd love to hear all about it!!!

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter