Activating DVC Annual Pass

I know you are probably still on your vacay, but did you have to go to guest relations or just go straight to the park?
Yes, on vacation (yah!) but no! We just zipped right in and didn’t even need to stop at guest relations. It was a breeze!! The annual passes were already loaded onto our magic bands and we breezed through and have had no issues. 💖

Yes, on vacation (yah!) but no! We just zipped right in and didn’t even need to stop at guest relations. It was a breeze!! The annual passes were already loaded onto our magic bands and we breezed through and have had no issues. 💖
So adult family member, not on the deed, did not have to show proof of address.

Wow, this is great news! Thanks for the reply. Now back to your regularly scheduled WDW fun.

Just got back form vacation! Myself and my wife are on both the deed. It worked fine for us but I did need to go to GR to activate my 3 year old's AP that was linked to her under my account. They asked me to log in to see my temporary membership card because they needed to input my member number. Interestingly they would not take the My Disney Experience proof of benefits.

Just got back form vacation! Myself and my wife are on both the deed. It worked fine for us but I did need to go to GR to activate my 3 year old's AP that was linked to her under my account. They asked me to log in to see my temporary membership card because they needed to input my member number. Interestingly they would not take the My Disney Experience proof of benefits.

This is what I had been told as well because they have to input the actual membership ID number which is not on the MM pass....it is why I keep a screenshot of one of the digital cards on my phone so I have that number handy in case I need to stop at GR for some reason!

Interesting - just the other day someone reported that their adult son, who lives with them but isn’t in the deed, was able to use his new (not renewal) Sorcerer AP to enter a park without visiting GR to show photo ID and confirm eligibility. Ah, Disney, such inconsistency!

Interesting - just the other day someone reported that their adult son, who lives with them but isn’t in the deed, was able to use his new (not renewal) Sorcerer AP to enter a park without visiting GR to show photo ID and confirm eligibility. Ah, Disney, such inconsistency!
Only difference is this was a 3-9 year old Sorcerer AP and I did purchase it under a separate transaction from mine. It was linked to her through my account and I was able to make park reservations for her no problem.

I read on Facebook this AM that a bunch of resale folks are now able to upgrade park tickets to Sorcerer pass in-person with no issue at GS at the parks....I'm resale I bought my Incredipass in April (not complaining at all either super happy still saving $) I just find it amazing how inconsistent things can be!

I read on Facebook this AM that a bunch of resale folks are now able to upgrade park tickets to Sorcerer pass in-person with no issue at GS at the parks....I'm resale I bought my Incredipass in April (not complaining at all either super happy still saving $) I just find it amazing how inconsistent things can be!

I saw that and I know someone else who has been denied as well. I agree that they should stay consistent and apply the rules correctly.

I just activated my pass last week at the Magic Kingdom guest relations window. I wanted the plastic card. There was no line, I was done in minutes, and there is a separate turnstile dedicated to people who have visited the guest relations window.

Hmmm, being able to buy the Sorcerer Pass is one of the reasons we bought direct, so not happy about this.

Hmmm, being able to buy the Sorcerer Pass is one of the reasons we bought direct, so not happy about this.

I'm not sure I'd recommend buying direct with these perks in mind as the entire membership magic program is separate from the DVC contract and can be competely revoked or changed so much as to be unrecognizable at any time.

Again, there are way more reports of deniels than those slipping through.

In 2021, when resale buyers were getting the pass is was constant. So, I do think these are simply expcetions with CMs overriding the rules or just not caring.

But, one should always realize that perks can come and go and so can the qualifications for eligibility.

Only difference is this was a 3-9 year old Sorcerer AP and I did purchase it under a separate transaction from mine. It was linked to her through my account and I was able to make park reservations for her no problem.
Yes, @CarolynFH that was my post about my DS age 20. It could be because DS has his own MDE account and his new Sorcerer's Pass was set up there and showing before we arrived at the parks? I also purchased all our APs under one transaction. ? I am not sure.

Yes, @CarolynFH that was my post about my DS age 20. It could be because DS has his own MDE account and his new Sorcerer's Pass was set up there and showing before we arrived at the parks? I also purchased all our APs under one transaction. ? I am not sure.
In the past, those who lived in the same household had to verify the address...so, when you bought, they allowed you to purchase for your son with your word that he still lives with you.

If this is the new way, it is definitely different than in the past.

Again, there are way more reports of deniels than those slipping through.

In 2021, when resale buyers were getting the pass is was constant. So, I do think these are simply expcetions with CMs overriding the rules or just not caring.

But, one should always realize that perks can come and go and so can the qualifications for eligibility.
I understand that perks can come and go but that's not the case here. This perk is supposed to be exclusively for direct buyers and people who shouldn't be getting the perk are. If Disney changed the rules, then that would be a different situation than this.

I understand that perks can come and go but that's not the case here. This perk is supposed to be exclusively for direct buyers and people who shouldn't be getting the perk are. If Disney changed the rules, then that would be a different situation than this.

It sounds like there's a gap in the programming. If it won't let you buy a Sorcerer or below pass online, why are CMs able to override it on a whim. You'd think it would at least require a manager's override...

That's probably it - MDE has the account holder's address, guess Disney IT has figured out how to link it to the DVC member when the DVC member buys the AP.

But then it's a mystery why someone had to go to GR to activate a 3-9 year old's DVC AP! That one was purchased in a separate transaction, but still!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter